• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

You are wrong. End of story.

No he's right, period.

Senran Kagura - 01

Outside of the boobs, episode was bland, might watch if it cranks up the stupid.

Sakuraso - 01

My my taking it out on Shiina after getting bad news, I've felt that I've seen this episode before, we've come full circle!!

Ultimadrago

I don't know why people are focusing on that one starter's passing resemblance to Kyubey when the far more important thing is that the Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke is a fucking legendary Pokemon now. HOW COOL/WRONG IS THAT

Complete with Christmas light antlers!

BluWacky

What are the charts on the left side?

Top left = top 20 most popular works

Bottom left, alas, I can't translate 'cos I am dumb. I assume it's a ranking of favourite episodes of the month, given the episodes on there (halfway points of Psycho Pass and Robo;Notes, major episode of Space Brothers)

Nafe

Magi Episode 13

A lot of people have mentioned they don't really think the music in Magi is very good but whatever the name of that song is that plays right at the beginning of this episode when Alibaba is trying to gain entrance to the palace is a pretty good one I think. It kind of gets you pumped up for what's to come.

The episode had some pretty good action. Both Alibaba with his swordplay and Mor with her fists and feet. She just went and
kicked right through that monkey guy!
That's crazy! The story doesn't seem to really be focusing much on adventure anymore right now so I hope the fights are at least good, which they seem to have been, or they go back to clearing dungeons or something.

I still feel the show is just kind of okay and I'm not really a big manga reader but the bits of story that are there seem like they could be more interesting so this is one that I might just check out the manga later like a lot of others have.

--

Oh yeah, speaking of manga, sometime earlier I read the first couple chapters of that Shingeki no Kyojin or Attack on Titan story and it seems like it could be a pretty interesting show just from the little I've read. The bit I read seems like what would maybe be covered in about the first episode or so probably so kind of looking forward more to that show now. I might read more if I get the time.

----

K-ON! 2

Damn, how come nobody told me there was a job where you just sat around and counted pedestrians? That would be cool. I would be a pedestrian counting beast! Kinda cool that they were doing it to help Yui buy a guitar. Official club business, I guess.

Not sure who's my favorite so far. Mugi, maybe?

I thought they were counting cars? Maybe I misremembered that part.

The one year when I was in highschool there was someone from some kind of traffic board or something, I can't really remember, that came and asked for student volunteers to do the exact same thing pretty much. They only wanted about four or six people and they were told to go to certain intersections and count cars for about an hour or so I believe it was and it might have been over a few days too. When they came to school after they mentioned different ones stopped and asked them what they were doing haha. The board or whatever was going to use the data to get an idea of traffic patterns, and say, where money should go as far as their budget for future repairs maybe, stuff like that. The students got paid a little bit as well just like in K-On!

Sankarea 13

So this really feels like a closing episode to the series. Besides being a Babu episode, it shows what happened after all that stuff in the TV series and it was really nicely done. Especially that ending scene between the two. Seems fitting this is also probably the last Sankarea related thing that I'll see as well.

They also totally teased something that I assumes happens later in the manga that just seems mean knowing it'll never get animated.

I haven't watched this yet but taking a peek at your teaser screenshots there I see the one girl has the filled in type eyebrows that Mad Pierrot likes so I think that means he's contractually obligated to watch this episode now or something,haha.

Lol. Still no Umakoshi in Saint Seiya Omega credits through to episode 43. RIP. I guess working on ep20 and then ep27 immediately after took its toll on him.

That's too bad. :(

Well, at least the fights in this Gold Saint story arc have been entertaining for the most part still.

Not even interested on a Hatsune Miku one? Like so:

My approach to DD Hatsune Miku 私なりのDD初音ミク
http://www.figure.fm/en/post/29913/My+approach+to+DD+Hatsune+Miku+私なりのDD初音ミク.html

I actually think that's kind of neat. Some of the different Dollfie seem pretty nice or even just general anime dolls that might not technically be Dollfie. Some are really expensive though, wow! Some seem to be about the price of other figures, such as figma or scale models but others are much more!

Looking at that Hatsune Miku, I kind of like this snow Miku holding a snow Miku nendoroid.
f36ea709be4cc3c6dc8da62fdaf26d41.jpg

Not enough space for <3's in this posting form.

Has anyone been reading my SM impressions? I try to make them somewhat entertaining for yall.

I've been reading them, although I'm a few pages behind so I might not be caught up with all your impressions.

Now that Venus has arrived, the character her seiyuu voiced was back in episode
29. The character Reika who was Motoki's girlfriend!
Remember her voice now? She also did the voice for
her youma, which is what I meant when I said she technically voices two characters.

Oh yeah, I forget where you mentioned it but I like Takane from The Idolm@ster as well! :)

DiGiKerot

The first episode of Love Live was OK. It's lacking in something I can't quite put my finger on, and it's certainly no iM@S, but it's not like there's a whole lot of other shows I'm watching this season.

Jex

Day by day the C83 doujin door opens a little more - and new offerings trickle through. What's this?? Why is everything still Chuunibyou and Sword Art?! I thought these shows were self-fulfilling fantasies! Why I do need doujinshi for something that is already hentai :/ Bah...

I know, right? What a waste!

cajunator

Banned
We've had tea vs coffee battle, time for mayonnaise vs ____?

sour cream > mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is REALLY good with asparagus and ham though or artichokes.
sour cream is really great with avocados. fuck I'm hungry :(

I actually think that's kind of neat. Some of the different Dollfie seem pretty nice or even just general anime dolls that might not technically be Dollfie. Some are really expensive though, wow! Some seem to be about the price of other figures, such as figma or scale models but others are much more!

Looking at that Hatsune Miku, I kind of like this snow Miku holding a snow Miku nendoroid.

I've been reading them, although I'm a few pages behind so I might not be caught up with all your impressions.

Now that Venus has arrived, the character her seiyuu voiced was back in episode
29. The character Reika who was Motoki's girlfriend!
Remember her voice now? She also did the voice for
her youma, which is what I meant when I said she technically voices two characters.

Oh yeah, I forget where you mentioned it but I like Takane from The Idolm@ster as well! :)

Oh my god CUTE Miku doll. I approve. Snow Miku is THE ANSWER.

Yeah I noticed a similarity in that characters voice now that you mention it. Had only heard the dub before.

You like Takane also? We can definitely get along.

Asuna dropped a lot. DAMMNNNNNNN.

Thats because there is nothing to her character. She was just the quick lay of the week for otaku and will soon be forgotten.

Jex

At first all you see are the fanfics, then you see the original stories, then you go much deeper and see the layers of genres, then you are soo deep in that there is no escape. Every year you eagerly await the 2 to 3 comikets that spew forth hundreds of books. You find yourself selectively choosing your types, your circles and your fetish. You are trapped.

Oh, this is that discussion that I missed.

Jex

NewType February 2013 Character Poll!

Mors numbah wan!

Dang, Asuna was put in her place. Except that her place shouldn't even be on that list. Then again, neither should sister, or most of those characters because they're all awful.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Okay, I will admit. That picture IS adorable. But I'm still not getting into dollfies. Not a chance in hell. >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom