• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Wrong. We will make it. If we somehow pull out of the reverse polarity phenomenon using the anti-negative lewd equation and somehow incorporate the user-decency variables, it'll all work out and we'll get back on track to OT4.

You'd need some sort of infinite improbability drive to manage that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
:kayos core breach imminent, everybody abandon ship.

OH GOD! I think he's watching a show on both CrunchyRoll and Funimation AT THE SAME TIME! Oh no. What is he doing? He's dragging one of the windows over the other one.

KAYOS! DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
OH GOD! I think he's watching a show on both CrunchyRoll and Funimation AT THE SAME TIME! Oh no. What is he doing? He's dragging one of the windows over the other one.

I hate crunchyroll. Funimation is better.

Theonik

Portable Airport
iy1NXeRtZVkgQ.png

This office is mad swag
Another cool Ghibli Music video, like the song too here, looks pretty nice too. I like that take to a futuristic world like the previous one I posted about Space Station no.9 art direction seems similar too.

As representative of the holdouts, I must respectfully decline your request and reaffirm our intention to continue not to watch.
Preposterous! Our faction cannot accept these terms!

I've never heard of a subtle fap...
Good point.
OT7 is an actual impossibility. So... meh.
Technically to get to OT7 in this way we'd need to get to OT4 normally. Overflows dawg. Impossible is nothing!

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Now we'll end up in an alternate timeline where we achieved OT4 but it turned out to be the downfall of AnimeGAF, thus vindicating kayos's inconsistent level of commitment to the thread. Okay, so what's the title of this movie?

I hate crunchyroll. Funimation is better.

This is a Novid rant waiting to happen.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Now we'll end up in an alternate timeline where we achieved OT4 but it turned out to be the downfall of AnimeGAF, thus vindicating kayos's inconsistent level of commitment to the thread. Okay, so what's the title of this movie?

This is a Novid rant waiting to happen.

Uhh... someone else clever can title it.

lol. Seriously? Bring it, I guess....

Jex

[From The New World] - 14

FromTheNewWorld142.jpg

To borrow a tired phrase, all the pieces are really coming together here. Everything that we've been told and shown so far has naturally led to this point and the things which are uncovered in this episode are wholly expected, but disturbing never the less. The pay off is extremely satisfying in the sense that it the storyline feels like it's progressing in an organic fashion that's still clearly been tailored to yield a specific result.

I know that sounds like a contradiction so I better unpack what I mean: it feels like the events that are occurring feel like they're born naturally out the of the world that our characters inhabit and the kind of people they are. You don't feel the writer pulling stuff out of his ass at the last minute to tidy up all the inconsistencies because they aren't as prevalent as they'd be in a normal series. Yet it's still clearly a 'tailored' story in the classical sense because things are unfolding in an exciting way. It really is a completely different style of writing to the kind of thing anime viewers are normally treated to a.k.a shit like Sword Art Online.

I know this series has been criticised for it's heavy-handed world building before but this storyline is built so intrinsically into that very world building that I can't think of a way that they could have avoided it. The writing really does a great job of making you consider the consequences of a world entirely populated by psychics in a way that few other storylines of this nature do. This is really part of an interesting tradition in science fiction where the entire story is based around a single technology (or whatever) being the set up and focus of the entire story e.g. every story that looks at the consequences of advanced robots and humans living together.

FromTheNewWorld141.jpg

Thankfully this weeks episode wasn't crammed with the same pointless filler that really scuppered last weeks outing. Things actually happened in this episode! The visuals were, er, sub-par (to say the least) and the direction wasn't that was interesting but it wasn't a woeful episode. It's really unfortunate that this show doesn't consistent strong facial animation because this series features a lot of sequences of people talking that could really use it. Instead most of the characters were a little wooden.

cjkeats

Kanon - End
I came for Clannad feels, I was left with a less interesting Bakemonogatari.
Also, I called uguu's story but then at the last minute they were all "nope..well kinda"

Yosuga no Sora: Episode 1
Ends with the line "help me come" and then goes to a masturbating off duty maid.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?

cajunator

Banned
If that show had about 500% less URUSAI I would have enjoyed it much more. It was an interesting idea. Shana pretty much singlehandedly made me despise kugilolis. If you want to know why I detest them so much, watch Shakugan no Shana. Even made me hate poor Louise by association.

Theonik

Dore Dore no Uta
iswx1wwhs6iEK.png
iwJHZQGrwSMpS.png

all those :ponpo faces
This was a pretty cute video, song was quite upbeat and catchy and the animation matched the rhythm and had a bouncy feel to it.
ibdyjUC0qThzH0.png

Liked this part of the video so bouncy
This concludes my Ghibli short posting for a bit.

Leaving aside attempts to artifically inflate the postcount for a moment...
That is a serious accusation. You are aware of the consequences?!

Novid

Banned
So one of my friends who is a Otaku wrote down a list with my help on the modern day diffences betwen his likes and mine. I got really, really depressed after it was done - some excerpts:

On His side...
ABC (Aussie PBS) Aires Madoka...
Wondering Son semi successful
Harukai Man trying to move away from HS haremshit
JoJo is JoJo
Pycho Pass getting better.
Magi is Ok.
(I Got him on SAO but he says its more of a big fuck you to the Censors than anything done in the last 15 years or so so its a tossup also got him on the Idol anime, with me calling it Facist Propaganda which he sort of agrees)
Space Bros best show in last decade. (Both of us agree that Sentai screwing this one up)
Polar Bear Cafe and Ninchjou should have been dubbed already (the latter is i stated is)
Nothing like Fate/ Series anywhere else.
Madoka is changing things slowly.

On My Side (NorthAmerican animation)
Thundercats Canned (with no plans for a Blu-Ray relase)
Motorcity Canned
Tron Forgotten
Korra bad writting first season
Cartoon Network betting the farm on Adventure Time/Uncle Grampa etc as Star Wars is about to get taken away from their network due to the disney deal
TMNT is bad and tropey as hell.
SheZow not even considered as a series.
Spongebob old as dirt, Nick resting its future on a new genration of Tumblr gif shows like iCarly (which was canned because it was a Tumblr gif show)
Rise of the Guardans forgotten, when it was better than the Avengers or Dark Knight Returns.
Toonami has no money to do one damn thing other than wish fufillment which cost alot of money.
The styles that westerners know as animation has lost out because the teachers at calarts and sheridan are walk on stupid.
Internet has a major credibity problem so animation from new artits dont move units or mindshare
Seth MacFarlane and the whole Animation Domination thing is just Fox Kids Worldwide reborn for the dudebros...

so yeah, depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom