• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've rewatched Toradora due to boredom and I feel I should do a final second review as the first time I was caught in the excitement in the drama and didn't catch as many flaws. It's still one of the best animes I've ever watched but it still has some downfalls, particularly towards the end,

Toradora! 01-25 (Final Review)

One of the best romantic comedies in anime I've ever watched: filled with excitement, humor, and drama. Each episode kept me wanting more but even for all its greatness, during the end (particularly Episode 24) really left a sour taste in my mouth.

Episode 24 was rushed as hell and left a cliffhanger that left me pissed and disgusted rather than excited, the whole running away/eloping and getting married was so damn random and stupid it speaks of melodramatic teenage drama. No dating or saying "I love you" as a precursor, just an immediate proposal.

Luckily Episode 25 saved the series by returning things to semi-status quo and having decent closure, but the previous Episode really cost the series for me.

Aside from a stressful ending (for the viewer) the character development was excellent and I personally love how within each arc it hints to the next one which truly defines the show's ability to keep you wanting more.

I'd rate the show 9/10 but after 2 times of watching through it, I don't think I will again for a long time.

cajunator

Banned
DVD Only?? ;_; I... fuck. But it's Acchi Kochi, and I never thought it'd get licensed at all. Okay. ^^;

It doesnt matterrrrrrrrr. Let us celebrate!!!!
b9BeN.jpg

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
1339848-CJZ9DKI.png

Hey Cajun, I cleaned up your avatar. Komugi is far too cute to be overly compressed and contained in a cluttered little box. Hopefully you agree.

sleepykyo

Wounded Man 1

The first onscreen female gets raped within five minutes of the OVA's start. She apparently tries to attack her rapist post-rape, learns her karate isn't good enough and she had it coming, and gets raped again . Then she tells her rapist it's cool and she'll call it even if he swims in piranha infested waters which he does. The rapist is our titular protagonist at that!
For her troubles, she almost gets gangraped by bandits later on because that's how the world works. Somewhere along the line she falls for her initial rapist and I don't even fucking know. This may not even be a 100% accurate synopsis but it's sure as fuck close enough.

Where the hell are you fin~

wikis. Ah the supposed golden age of anime and manga before the moe crap took over.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If nothing else, at least it has entertainment value.

I enjoyed writing over the top reviews about it to entertain the rest of AnimeGAF. If I was watching in on my lonesome I'd have felt at least sixty seven times more pissed off.

Narag

I enjoyed writing over the top reviews about it to entertain the rest of AnimeGAF. If I was watching in on my lonesome I'd have felt at least sixty seven times more pissed off.

That .gif of Makoto's photo burning made it all worthwhile.

cjkeats

I get no enjoyment out of seeing others watching the putrid shit that is School Days.
I watched it with one of them in person. Told her it was "the greatest anime love story ever that will leave her in tears" because that's the stuff she likes.

Her face was magical. I'm a terrible friend.

Edit: Oh and I showed her your gifs after. She said they were "accurate"

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Tamako Market 01:

jman need not apply.

TMarket_02_zps4a145834.jpg
TMarket_01_zpsda4790b0.jpg

Very Awful Mochi is lewd as fuck.

I rather enjoyed this. I mean, I knew I would, but still... ^^; Super cute. The animation is basically on par with K-On!! (i.e. it's damn nice), the pacing is good and the premise is definitely interesting so far. The ending was interesting too. I want to see more of Tamako's friends Midori and Kanna.

TMarket_03_zps0575b71a.jpg

Tamako's little sister An is adorable! I shall call her... mini-Azunyan!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I had the necessary tools to hit it if the flame failed to extinguish.

Also this crappy carpet wouldn't catch fire that easily.

And yes I did make that gif Kayos. That's why it uses the same picture of MC DIck as the other gif I posted.

cajunator

Banned
Tamako Market 01:

jman need not apply.

I rather enjoyed this. I mean, I knew I would, but still... ^^; Super cute. The animation is basically on par with K-On!! (i.e. it's damn nice), the pacing is good and the premise is definitely interesting so far. The ending was interesting too. I want to see more of Tamako's friends Midori and Kanna.

I promise to try not to associate the sister with azunyan.
cannot wait to see this.

Syrinx

I fully support BGBW's gif of burning Makoto's picture, though I would have preferred he tape it to a mannequin and take a baseball bat to it, Most vile, disgusting, void of redeeming qualities character in the history of fiction.

Metrotab

Banned
Tamako Market - 1

Oh god all the girls in this show are cute. Even that granny is. The sister really looks like Azusa.

I'm loving the bird, he brings spice to the show.

Not really... I'm just not comfortable at all. I'm seriously wondering if it's possible for a mod to edit that assuming DTL doesn't want to... you know... remove it. -_-''' It's not that I hate DTL or think ill of the time and effort he put into it. It's just.... ugh.

You don't have to take it so seriously. DTL could have made you a crazy nazi rapist and everyone would still know it's just a goofy fanfic that obviously doesn't represent reality.

Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter 13
tumblr_mgdua0SnUo1qbxqfpo4_500.png
tumblr_mgdua0SnUo1qbxqfpo5_500.png

Kakeru is depressingly awesome and the devotion power. This episode was really good and makes me wish it got some ps3 jrpg of sorts, the whole boss fight did feel like some boss fight in game, hi-ougis and all
that stratosphere ascension attack from space, wow

Hope we go right to the Eraser plot.

cajunator

Banned
I fully support BGBW's gif of burning Makoto's picture, though I would have preferred he tape it to a mannequin and take a baseball bat to it, Most vile, disgusting, void of redeeming qualities character in the history of fiction.

Im telling you, watch Sora no Otoshimono to renew your faith in haremshit.
Its just fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom