• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mouryou no Hako 1

For others following along, have any idea as to why Yoriko said
Kanako wasn't her friend in the end
?

My guess seems to be more blunt than I'd expect for the episode's intention:
That encompassing a part of her being in more than a traditional companion or acquaintance.
Despite the probable puny meaning towards such a short exchange, I don't feel satisfied with this conclusion.

Because they're
the same person, whatever that means. When Yoriko was fighting with her mom she said something like "She's more than just a friend, she's my past life."
I don't think it could be anything else.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Tamako Market 01

I'm sure I made the comment about the bird being a creepy stalker who wanted to bone Tamako as a joke. Oh, KyoAni.

Very little to like here to be honest. Some of the expository dialogue felt fake, especially the scene at the cafe, plus all the characters so far are obnoxious caricatures of KyoAni's past glories --except for the bird, ironically enough, and he's a twat. Actually, I like the male romantic interest, but with the hint at a love triangle here I fear for him.

Will keep watching, but it was not as solid as it could have been.

Ultimadrago

[Mouryou no Hako 1 Info]

Because they're
the same person, whatever that means. When Yoriko was fighting with her mom she said something like "She's more than just a friend, she's my past life."
I don't think it could be anything else.

Yeah, that was about my guess. I probably gave the response more credit than intended.

jman2050

Tamako Market 01

I'm sure I made the comment about the bird being a creepy stalker who wanted to bone Tamako as a joke. Oh, KyoAni.

Very little to like here to be honest. Some of the expository dialogue felt fair, especially the scene at the cafe, plus all the characters so far are obnoxious caricatures of KyoAni's past glories --except for the bird, ironically Enoch, and he's a twat. Actually, I like the male romantic interest, but with the hint at a love triangle here I fear for him.

Will keep watching, but it was not as solid as it could have been.

The dude is the worst character here, or at least tied with the bird.

Does this end with me dating Maaya Sakamoto?

JxYLG.png

stryke

Tamako Market 01

Cute schizophrenic KyoAni sameface pretends to interact with talking bord around family and friends due childhood trauma caused her mother's passing. Friends and family play along out of pity and guilt. Friendly neighbor plots to take advantage of schizophrenic Tamako to ruin family mochi making business by playing along with antics while gathering their secret mochi recipe. Tamako's imaginary bird plans on kidnapping Tamako and selling her into slavery.

I would watch this.

Soma

Tamako Market Episode 01

Eh, it was cute and all but there really wasn't anything I found interesting about it.

I kinda liked
Kaynethbird
at least.

Syrinx

K-ON! 11

Yui...I don't know the word to describe her. She thinks taking care of her guitar means dressing it up and sleeping with it instead of maintenance, and she didn't know that having the shop fix your guitar costs you money.

Tension between Ritsu and Mio because Ritsu thinks Mio is spending too much time with Nadoka. Or really, she's spending any time with somebody other than her. Then she goes home sick and there's an adorable scene with her and Mio, capped by the even more adorable moment where Yui falls asleep next to her. Those two have sort of become partners in crime, haven't they? It's kinda cool, since Ritsu was calling her clutz and useless before she joined the club. But now Yui's sick. But I'm not that worried, because she has Ui to take care of her.

"After School Teatime"?...Seriously? I liked Rocket Pencil. Who the hell wants to see a band called "After School Teatime"?

Did Azusa stealthily sneak herself into the OP, or has she been there all along?

K-ON! 11

Yui...I don't know the word to describe her. She thinks taking care of her guitar means dressing it up and sleeping with it instead of maintenance, and she didn't know that having the shop fix your guitar costs you money.

Tension between Ritsu and Mio because Ritsu thinks Mio is spending too much time with Nadoka. Or really, she's spending any time with somebody other than her. Then she goes home sick and there's an adorable scene with her and Mio, capped by the even more adorable moment where Yui falls asleep next to her. Those two have sort of become partners in crime, haven't they? It's kinda cool, since Ritsu was calling her clutz and useless before she joined the club. But now Yui's sick. But I'm not that worried, because she has Ui to take care of her.

"After School Teatime"?...Seriously? I liked Rocket Pencil. Who the hell wants to see a band called "After School Teatime"?

Did Azusa stealthily sneak herself into the OP, or has she been there all along?
I really liked this episode.
And Azusa was added into the OP when she joined the club. The music is actually altered too, to reflect the addition of having a rhythm guitar part.

Syrinx

I really liked this episode.
And Azusa was added into the OP when she joined the club. The music is actually altered too, to reflect the addition of having a rhythm guitar part.

The music gets changed? Damn, that's a pretty impressive touch. Though I don't see her in the ED.

Tsuritama episodes 1-4
Just started watching this and Space Brothers a couple of days ago in order to nail down my top 10 for 2012 and I'm in love with this show's color and lighthearted mood. It also reminds me of when I used to go fishing with my family. Every episode ups the ante with nonsense about aliens, saving the world and secret agencies that really remind me of jet set radio for some inexplicable reason. Also, what's with the duck? He should be the main character. I'm stealing that name if I ever have a pet of my own too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tamako Market 01
It looks so nice, but I just have a hard time caring about what's going on. It is very predictable and I never felt like it moved into a place where I could engage with it on a personal level. I think I really do not like comic relief characters. Main girl and her friends/family seemed likable, but the longing beta kid is just conceptually worn on me, and the cast from the market feels like they are supposed to be eccentric but none of that comes out beyond their wacky appearances.

Hellraider

Tamako Market 1

Well, it was pretty underwhelming.That's a combination of having too many expectations (it's the freaking K-on team afterall!) and the first half being kinda boring.

It was cute, the cast and their voice actors where great, but something was also missing.I had a smile on my face for the whole second half but I never laughed nor found something funny.It would have been okay otherwise but this episode had a couple of failed joke attempts which disappointed me a little.

Still, when it was trying to be just cute, it was fucking amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom