• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamako Market 01

uRYbF.jpg
rsIvk.jpg

It wasn't bad. Lighthearted, what seems to be a good cast of characters. The bird is probably the best character but it is too early to tell. I'm just not looking forward to what the plot might be after the last KyoAni show especially since the focus of whatever mission the bird is on isn't exactly the most strongest sort of thing that'll last 11 more episodes.

I already feel bad for male childhood friend and the show hasn't gotten anywhere yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I actually don't disagree with this entirely.

But that's really just a testament to how bad this season is shaping up.
Or how awesome Tamako is!

AKB0048

TO THE NEXT STAGE
There are other idoru shows!

Yah!

I am gonna form my opinion on Tamako market now, by watching it.
Don't be silly. This is animegaf! lol

No one is a good SHAFT fan until they've seen Natsu no Arashi.
Maybe at some point, people will start believing us. lol

---

Ixion Saga 13

Holy shit. This was a Yu Kobayashi tour de force. It's the first time I've even thought of anime actors chewing scenery, but she pretty much munches on the storyboards and wacom tablets throughout the entire episode. It's almost like this was a Kobayashi fanservice episode, given how often she's allowed to just turn on a dime.

Hopefully she shows up again before the series ends, but I doubt it. lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Tamako Market

What is it with anime and birds this year?

Anyhow, the pace and the tone of the show remind me a lot of Tsuritama. They just combined Duck and Haru into a single character this time around. lol

Of course, I'm sure that ending will be explained later on, but in terms of just establishing the market and its inhabitants, it's probably the best I've seen in recent years. It actually feels like an old fashioned American TV pilot in many ways.

Anyhow, it's going to be the best show of the season, I'm sure. I don't know what else will even compete.
firehawk has gone to the dark side noooooooooooo

cajunator

Banned
Tamako Market 01

I quite enjoyed it a bit more than K-On's first episode. This show is a nice little consistent happy filler in between the meat of other shows. Also...

iil2AuIlT4Y5A.png

What's the matter, Lancer-kun?

That gif is astoundingly cute.
6 more hours until I can see it.

Senran Kagura Episode 1

Best girl. Voiced by Asami Imai too!

gashikunFLCL if you're reading this, are you watching the show? I was just wondering what your thoughts were since you played the game.

As one of the people who read everything I stoped at page(161), since the topic had slowed down, then decided to finish reading before going to work, and saw your post, when I came back from work, 14+ pages.

Senran Kagura 01

It was a nice lighthearted episode to introduce the girls. I didn't remember Kiriya looking so old, and it was nice that the clothes they used for training is one of the set of clothes you get in the game, and the main female thug was identical to the game.

I'm just wondering if they will show the lighthearted side of the antagonists too, since I think this was one of the main points of the second game, but this is the first episode and they have time to do this.
And a hint for why the other girls are the antagonists.

And I see some people falling for Hikage, voiced by Ryoko Shiraishi.
JE5J4.jpg

She sounds like Inaban+Osaka-ben=<3
She's my favorite from Hebijou.

Can this be the music theme of this season?:Chet

And for classy news, I got my younger brother to watch Girls und Panzer. =D

Jex

Natsu is no Soredemo...

e: At this point I don't even know what would be a 'good' shaft fan since the only thing they make with any sort of consistency seems to be hidasketch alone. I mean, I guess one can be a 'blind' shaft fan and the sales of Nisemono proves it, but as for 'good,' it seems synonymous with 'depressed' or 'disillusioned.' In short, stop being a shaft fan.

Well, now things are just gonna get ugly.

Jex

Wounded Man 1

The first onscreen female gets raped within five minutes of the OVA's start. She apparently tries to attack her rapist post-rape, learns her karate isn't good enough and she had it coming, and gets raped again . Then she tells her rapist it's cool and she'll call it even if he swims in piranha infested waters which he does. The rapist is our titular protagonist at that!
For her troubles, she almost gets gangraped by bandits later on because that's how the world works. Somewhere along the line she falls for her initial rapist and I don't even fucking know. This may not even be a 100% accurate synopsis but it's sure as fuck close enough.

@wonzo: I was not prepared.

That sounds like a Kazou Koike work to me. And to think he's such a well respected manga author because of Lone Wolf and Cub when really he's fucking insane.

Mandoric

Banned
Natsu is no Soredemo...

e: At this point I don't even know what would be a 'good' shaft fan since the only thing they make with any sort of consistency seems to be hidasketch alone. I mean, I guess one can be a 'blind' shaft fan and the sales of Nisemono proves it, but as for 'good,' it seems synonymous with 'depressed' or 'disillusioned.' In short, stop being a shaft fan.

Obviously, then, a good one would be one who loves Hidasketch and only touches the other stuff while bitching constantly about it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"I'm so confused."

You and me both Jexhius, you and me both.

Narag

That sounds like a Kazou Koike work to me. And to think he's such a well respected manga author because of Lone Wolf and Cub when really he's fucking insane.

That's what throws me off because I loved Lone Wolf and Cub. Maybe he was simply too successful and no editor could rein him in!!

Conan-san

Pet Girl 13
Yeah, we're back to the Ressentiment plot point with Sorata getting
bounced from the game design contest at the first stage this time around
and letting rip his frustrations at Mashiro who's, in her own confused way, trying to cook her way into his heart and, at least from his perspective, pissing away her drawing talent (she nicks herself trying to cut a cucumber and I wouldn't past her to accidently lob a finger off) by not focusing on her manga.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not right to emotionally explode at anyone and it's definitely not cool to scream what Sorata did. But I can understand where it came from.

I've been in Sorata's position; I can't draw to save myself and I know people who are brillant artists and I know one person who has pissed that ability away to basically be a whining sod, I get that feeling, it's infuriating.

Soma

Senran Kagura Episode 01

iCv18z2a1Blf2.jpg

I watched it just to say I did. If I want something smutty I'll probably just stick with TLR:D or some random manga.

Ikuraga is best girl but mainly because has the same name as one of my favorite games.

Dresden

tamako market

This will be the root of many a cover come Spring.

KoviRl.jpg

S2 will be about a malevolent Junes/Wal-Mart-like entity opening right next to the shopping district. Business will slowly drain away. Stores will close. Eventually the two mochi stores will have to shutter their doors, and the family will leave the city.

Five years later, the girl comes back. She peers in. Only hippies remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom