• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'm animegaf's sole Inuyasha defender and Narag has been using this to try to get into a 200-episode simulwatch suicide pact with me. I've turned him down for months because he knows not what he's getting himself into, but now, I think, the time for saving him from himself is over.

Not true. I defend Inuyasha, too. There's always a special place in my heart for it.

Syrinx

I know, hes a chill guy.
Plus a Saints fan in the middle of Patriotsville. He is nakama.

Hey I grew up a Bucs fan in Connecticut. You'd think living there would have led me to be a Giants or Patriots fan and allow me to bask in championships.

But nnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

trejo

I imagine there's some facetiousness going on here. Still though, I don't think it's bad if one gives a show the benefit of the doubt even despite what may appear to be a lackluster first episode if they deem it worthy.

The issue being that they apparently deemed it worthy long before watching even a single second of it simply by virtue of the studio's name attached to it.

Actually, I'm animegaf's sole Inuyasha defender and Narag has been using this to try to get into a 200-episode simulwatch suicide pact with me. I've turned him down for months because he knows not what he's getting himself into, but now, I think, the time for saving him from himself is over.

Actually i enjoy inuyasha too .
There are some very cool episodes , a great cast of characters ..it's not perfect but it's more than enjoyable.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The issue being that they apparently deemed it worthy long before watching even a single second of it simply by virtue of the studio's name attached to it.
No, that describes most of the haters impressions "pretty but boring" typical.

cajunator

Banned
Hey I grew up a Bucs fan in Connecticut. You'd think living there would have led me to be a Giants or Patriots fan and allow me to bask in championships.

I respect you a lot more for not taking the easy route.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Sports are for losers.

Syrinx

I respect you a lot more for not taking the easy route.

Ehhh...Technically I did take the easy route as I took an interest in them on their Super Bowl run back when I was in fifth grade. I was so happy to see them win. Ten years later and the fuckers haven't won a playoff game since. :mad:

Bigger kick in the pants is that I grew up in the market of 3 MLB teams. Guess which one I picked. :(

trejo

No, that describes most of the haters impressions "pretty but boring" typical.

It certainly can go both ways, true. I'd like to think I give each show a fair shot before commiting to a judgment but I'll also admit that being continuously disappointed by what's on offer can have made me somewhat jaded over time against certain themes and settings that I see repeated ad nauseam in the medium.

I do take issue with the way you think anyone who shares in the perfectly valid opinion that what the show boasts in production values it lacks in substance must be deemed a "hater". I'd say that's also a pretty good example of an argument that is not conducive to meaningful discussion at all.

jman2050

Hey man, we all have our blind spots. Sasami could turn out to be completely terrible after all, for example.

Needs more criticism than just DAYUM

but I figure Zel knew already what was wrong with his pic. You're your own worst critic. Well... generally speaking

There's a difference between "That's awful" and "This is awful because of ___ and ___." kayos could have been a little more constructive.

jgminto

I've only watched episode 1 and 2 of Gurren Lagann so far. Planning on getting the DVD collection after I complete Baccano! and BECK.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I do take issue with the way you think anyone who shares in the perfectly valid opinion that what the show boasts in production values it lacks in substance must be deemed a "hater". I'd say that's also a pretty good example of an argument that is not conducive to meaningful discussion at all.
Well, it's not my fault the usual suspects were wrong about K-ON!! and Hyouka and they'll probably be wrong about Tamako Market as well!

Also to be fair, I don't blindly love everything the studio does. I didn't like chuu2 or nichijou much after all! despite the latter having great production values. There's no blind fanboyism here, I like their shows as long as they are genuinely good. It's not my fault KyoAni have been damn good at that recently, despite the haters! >_<

Magi 13
tumblr_mgbns9WSha1ql41ypo2_500.gif

Alibaba was so amazing this episode, finally taking charge of the situation and everyone else around him.
The older prince surprising us that he is deputy king taking the staff and speaking all forcibly was the best non action part beyond Aladdin resting his hand on Alibaba reassuring him of his bravery and what not in that sequence

Amon is glorious and finally makes the first visual for the anime make so much sense now, I hope we see tons more. Epic.

Ryo (supercell) gave such a good ending theme song, not the best from the singer but still a must have and I loved the Judar image chosen.

wonzo

Banned
Tamako Market 1

tamako1.jpg

This was pretty damn good. The background art and animation were fantastic, the OP & ED were nice and the first episode did a really good job of establishing the premise, the characters and the location in one fell swoop. I'm really digging the light-hearted atmosphere of the show and the way they handled the
deceased mother angle
without a hint of sappy melodrama gives me far more confidence in this than the woeful Chuu2. KyoAni's redemption is at hand folks.

trejo

Well, it's not my fault the usual suspects were wrong about K-ON!! and Hyouka and they'll probably be wrong about Tamako Market as well!

Also to be fair, I don't blindly love everything the studio does. I didn't like chuu2 or nichijou much after all! despite the latter having great production values. There's no blind fanboyism here, I like their shows as long as they are genuinely good. It's not my fault KyoAni have been damn good at that recently, despite the haters! >_<

And there's nothing wrong with that opinion. In any case, I already explained to you what I meant on IRC so I see no sense in dragging this out any further.

From the New World 14:
Incredible. The tension buildup during
the interrogation was great.
You could get a strong read on what the relationships between everyone were. The scene where
Saki accidentally answered the question without thinking and then realized she was trapped
was really well executed. I was also really surprised by
Tomiko mentioning her age to Saki. It makes things with her previous story to Saki fit more clearly, though, so that was interesting. And the revelation about how they had messed around with Saki and her friends minds by not controlling them as an experiment ties thing up nicely. It answers the question of why it seems like the main characters are so far out of sync with their society compared to everyone else.

This show is just so good, and they do an excellent job of turning things on their head while having everything manage to fit perfectly.

sonicmj1

"I don't even know my own blood type. I could never make it in Japan."

You'd be a sad lonely university student eating lunch in a bathroom stall in Japan.

Why are you pretending to be Teknopathetic, Haly?

You scared the shit out of me.

Someone here was teaching in Japan, who was that?

RyougaSaotome and I both teach in Japan. He seems better and more experienced than I am.

One of my fourth-grade students asked me today if I knew about Sword Art Online. When I said "yes", I think I made her day.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Why are you pretending to be Teknopathetic, Haly?

You scared the shit out of me."

Avatar bet with some extra stipulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom