• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Schizophrenic Adventures 11
This is bullshit.
Why are K-On faces so ugly?

That's cause you are not watching it with the latest graphics card yo...

14cz1.jpg

Narag

Inu-Yasha 2
Oh, so Inu-Yasha is only half catgirl? No wonder the desire for the jewel is so strong. Shame Kagome had to go and fuck it up.

Jex

[Bird Pervert & Mochi] - 1

This is an extremely solid first episode, better than I was expecting after the stuff KyoAni trotted out last season. There's quite a bit to talk in terms of the over cinematography, design and editing but I don't quite have the time to give it the treatment it deserves.

One thing I've noticed in most of the discussions about this episode, and KyoAni works in general, is that we've kind of gotten used to their production values. If any other series looked as good as theirs we'd automatically make that a large part of the discussion. Unfortunately for KyoAni we've just come to expect this kind of quality from them when really they should be lauded for being able to put out television anime that looks this damn good.

My biggest complaint relates to this:

Come on now, everyone's got iPhones now. Move with the times!

Thoraxes

Tamako Market - 01

After a disappointing 2012 from Kyoani (outside of the K-ON! movie), this looks to finally bring back something interesting from them. The market setting is pretty cool, and I hope we see more personalities in the supermarket. Super cute all around.

Also, the bird rocks.

Isn't that a good thing?

Not in season 2 of Shana.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Tamako Market 1

A solid episode that kept me entertained and intrigued throughout. They lay out subtle plot threads throughout the entirety of the episode and it'll be extremely awesome to see how each one unravels throughout the 2 cour. The visuals look fantastic and I'm really liking the colors - of course, it's no Tsuritama but that doesn't mean it's worse for it. I'm not into the whole moe girls or the cute stuff but I really like Tamako's personality. She seems bubbly and sort of an airhead but she's very modest, honest, and earnest in how she behaves which is sort of endearing. Mochizou on the other hand is a total tsun. The bird is a tad annoying but I'm curious as to how that will unfold as the show goes on. Overall I'm really liking the show.

OP sucks. Song's stupid and the bombardment of confetti like crap all over is stupid too.

ED is really nice and reminds me of something out of Project Diva. The visuals are great too. Nice to see Chitanda there. LOL.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Bird Pervert & Mochi] - 1

Come on now, everyone's got iPhones now. Move with the times!
I know they are popular in Japan, but have they got the market share bulk that would make them ubiquitous? The earliest anime I remember seeing a touchscreen phone in was Penguindrum, and that wasn't long ago!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Thought it was funny to post this. Remember that youtube video about Silica and SAO that duckroll and I made back. Well one of the comments was this.

"Joking aside, is there actually someone who seriously thinks like this? And who is this "duckroll" guy?"

I sort of laughed.

Jex

I know they are popular in Japan, but have they got the market share bulk that would make them ubiquitous? The earliest anime I remember seeing a touchscreen phone in was Penguindrum, and that wasn't long ago!

From what I understand their market penetration is considerably higher than it was a few years ago.

"Smartphones now account for 56.6% of all new mobile phones shipped in Japan, according to Tokyo-based market research firm MM Research Institute. Apple and Samsung accounted for more than 20% of the Japanese market in the past fiscal year, compared with five years ago, when there were almost no foreign brands."

duckroll

From what I understand their market penetration is considerably higher than it was a few years ago.

"Smartphones now account for 56.6% of all new mobile phones shipped in Japan, according to Tokyo-based market research firm MM Research Institute. Apple and Samsung accounted for more than 20% of the Japanese market in the past fiscal year, compared with five years ago, when there were almost no foreign brands."

Is Tamako Market set in Tokyo? Are the characters university students or working adults with lots of disposable income or pocket money?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Blasphemy. None have the light of Kawamori.
akb49 > akb0048
This man knows the truth.

tamako market

This will be the root of many a cover come Spring.

KoviRl.jpg

S2 will be about a malevolent Junes/Wal-Mart-like entity opening right next to the shopping district. Business will slowly drain away. Stores will close. Eventually the two mochi stores will have to shutter their doors, and the family will leave the city.

Five years later, the girl comes back. She peers in. Only hippies remain.
Who jumps into the TV?

Schizophrenic Adventures 11

This is bullshit.
Why are you watching this. lol

Jex

Is Tamako Market set in Tokyo? Are the characters university students or working adults with lots of disposable income or pocket money?

I have no idea where it's set. I just know everyone's getting fat of that sweet mochi money.

Actually, the only one getting fat is that bird.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"That's a harsher curse than duckroll's. Damn."

I'm getting used to it.

Instro

Tamako 1

Really great, I'm quite impressed. Big step up in every aspect over Chuuni. The coloring and use of sound in particular were things that caught my attention during the episode, and overall it's a very slick and well directed production. All the characters seem to have quite a bit of personality to them, even the side characters. I'm surprised a few were so down on it...ok well I'm not surprised jman was down on it.

Really looking forward to the next episode, [/spoiler]omg megane tamako megaton[/spoiler].

Milamber

Well, this is a first. I rewatched Tamako Market again after all your comments putting this show down. Granted, it's pandering to KyoAni's popular tropes so there is a fair amount of cliche here and there but I do not find it bothersome at all. But I definitely can't watch to much of KyoAni's stuff in huge doses, marathoning K-On was a mistake, just watching it every few days is enough. I like the ending...

Also I can't picture that damn bird as anyone other than Kayneth....

... which I find hilarious!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Out of curiosity, what are some of the final TV anime to have used traditional cel animation? People cite Shingu a lot, but I'd be interested in knowing some of the others.

Winter Backlog: Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai! end

This is satisfying/heartwarming for all the wrong reasons, lol.

Overall, this wasn't a bad show. I'm glad I picked it back up after the incredibly subpar first episode. Fun was had and there was a pretty good character dynamic.

Final girl rankings: Kumin=Dekomori>Mom>Isshiki>Rikka>Toka>Nibutani.

Dresden

Winter Backlog: Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai! end

This is satisfying/heartwarming for all the wrong reasons, lol.

Overall, this wasn't a bad show. I'm glad I picked it back up after the incredibly subpar first episode. Fun was had and there was a pretty good character dynamic.

Final girl rankings: Kumin=Dekomori>Mom>Isshiki>Rikka>Toka>Nibutani.

But Nibutani is the best!

Well, this is a first. I rewatched Tamako Market again after all your comments putting this show down. Granted, it's pandering to KyoAni's popular tropes so there is a fair amount of cliche here and there but I do not find it bothersome at all. But I definitely can't watch to much of KyoAni's stuff in huge doses, marathoning K-On was a mistake, just watching it every few days is enough. I like the ending...
I thought I was looking at Chitanda for a second before I noticed the blue eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom