• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can hate her?

EDIT: Yeah, having that a a phone wallpaper raised some questions among my colleagues. Weird, since they don't question my oppai mousepad in the office.

You should hide your powerlevel more properly .

"Are they torturing her?"
"Is this your fetish?"
"Hey Milamber, you forgot your... Oooooooookay..."
The "is this your fetish" one is golden ..how the heck did you answer that?

My programming collegues won't stop everytime i put an Hatsune miku wallpaper.

What's more i even had 2 days of impressions once i put a gravity rush wallpaper so i've learned my lesson and don't go into the realm of anime ! ( at work )

I'm the IT Head I can do what I want!

86vUs.jpg

Wait you're not hiding anything !! i have a boob mouse pad and it stays at home !!

Zetsuen no Tempest - 13

Well, surely I can't be the only one who saw that coming more than a mile away, right?
Have you read hamlet ? or Sheakspeare ?

Jintor

I would tell you to nod and smile but I am deathly afraid of putting up a completely innocent sketch I made of two original characters I just invented not doing anything even vaguely controversial on facebook

Milamber

Wait you're not hiding anything !! i have a boob mouse pad and it stays at home !!

If one of my colleagues can sport Man U colors all over his table and another with his mini busts of classical musicians, I can very well sport my hobbies.

Plus, I'm not the only one that likes anime in my office.

Yes. I didn't expect it to hammer so heavily on what it did though. I was expecting more nuance instead of outright saying everything.

Well we've only started this arc ..there is obviously more twists incoming

If one of my colleagues can sport Man U colors all over his table and another with his mini busts of classical musicians, I can very well sport my hobbies.

Plus, I'm not the only one that likes anime in my office.

i know the feelign .

Satoshi sucks so much I forgot his name.
Also yes Mayaka was cute in that cosplay.
Upgrade total.
Anyway, nurse Witch Komugi is definitely the best thing by KyoAni.
I thought Satoshi was kind of the type of person people want to be, happy, positive, good looking, etc. In the context of Hyouka he should at least be commended for conning Houtarou into getting caught in Chitandas games, leading to good Houtarou moments.

Moonlight

Banned
Hyouka was a show characterized by dull characters, dull mysteries, and dull themes made more interesting by a particlar event arc and made palateable by the sheer talent of KyoAni. if the show was not as gorgeous looking as it was, hardly anybody would care for it at all.
I find that assertion a bit ridiculous. It does an excellent job fleshing out its' cast and their relationships with each other, and explores a wide variety of themes (the mystery generally being a vehicle for them). And yes. I can't imagine that the show would have been as good without the insane production values, but it's also because it puts those insane production values to good use, and take full advantage of the animation medium. I don't think Chitanda's and Houtarou's introduction to each other would have been nearly effective without that lovingly animated scene where her hair begins to entangle him and bloom flowers. I don't think the Juumonji incident would have been nearly as thrilling without the life and energy that was brought to the festival due to that quality of animation. But that's the nature of an animated work. Naturally, it'll benefit from great, creative animation.

As far as ranking my favourite KyoAni shows goes, this would be it:

Hyouka > Nichijou > Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya > Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya > Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu.

I think Disappearance was at the top of my list when I started watching anime last year, but I think my opinions on Hyouka and Nichijou only get stronger as they age. I didn't even like Hyouka's first few episodes that much before, haha.

fertygo

Is this gonna be like when people tell me that Medaka Box is good if you just wait two seasons and jump straight into the finale?

Yes!

Anyway since you serious about this, I think there is not much controversy about SAO. Majority agree its was awful, even that enjoy it.

As for why its getting success, its same reason why Mission Impossible and Fast and Furious Movie keep produced (GP and Fast Five are awesome) ask people why they keep watching its was terrible, they'll laughing and answer "Boohoo"

HUNTER X HUNTER - 62
Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%2062.jpg

It's a scam ! it's a trap !

Man they really skipped some events to get into the meat of the action faster but i feel it's a waste anyway. Next week should be action & training packed..can't wait.

Now that i think about it , it's really a devious trap.. if i was the one playing i would never get near those ninja again.

Minami-ke tadaima 02
makoTo well mako-chan manly jokes get me everytime!

Minami%20ke%20Tadaima%20-%2002.jpg
Minami%20ke%20Tadaima%20-%2002_02.jpg

Is this show making a open case for traps ?

The dynamics and retorts are golden and the cast shine brighter than ever ... Excellent episode !

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I am legally blind without my glasses.

-5.75/-6 for life!

x__x

I have no idea how I managed to have great eye sight. Everyone in my family wears glasses. Everyone. On both sides. Except me. I've got fucking perfect vision. o_o
Just wish that perfect vision led to better drawings...

Who cares, Toei is beating everyone's butt.

Toei's ridin' that PreCure train all the way to Heaven! :D

toei has a cheat code named "one piece"

Oh yeah, that too. Forgot that was Toei, was thinking Studio Pierrot for some reason, but that's Naruto and was Bleach too.

Jintor

I took my glasses off to go to the beach the other day and immediately got lost

on a beach

I couldn't see any of my friends because everyone was a humanoid blur ;___;

Hunter x Hunter 62
tumblr_mgjvi3XMn21qlp4x9o1_500.gif

That was a fun episode. Killua and Gon make the game so exciting that it makes me want to boot up and play some rpg now. Though Greed Island is kind of unfair to newcomers without having any rules in place in town or what not.
People can just gang up on them and take cards, maybe they should have had some rule against not taking stuff from newcomers during some period of time, or have a minimum card requirement

Shalnark's explanation was kind of confusing.
So they arent in a game they are just warped somewhere, but this place has game rules in effect and such? Hatsu can control both time and space giving huge rule restrictions over a large area and create NPCs? Seems too much to be some real world location.

Biscuit is pretty annoying character and awful
How is she even that old, its so baffling that a loli type can be like that and so experienced. Worst she is treating Killua so bad, he doesnt even deserve such treatment. I wish Wing-san was in the game instead

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Girls und Panzer 10

...WHAT KIND OF PLACE TO TAKE A BREAK FOR THE SEASON IS THIS!?

I can now join the rest of you guys in your painful, baited wait for the show to continue.
Saki Episode of Side A is worse because the season finished in the middle of a tournament. If it flopped potentially the storyline would never be continued in animation form.

Didn't know they had Arla milk in Japan.

Summon the Team list!
[post=39997707]Last time the teams were counted Team Tea won. No surprise with me as team leader[/post]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom