• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter x Hunter 62
tumblr_mgjvi3XMn21qlp4x9o1_500.gif

Shalnark's explanation was kind of confusing.
So they arent in a game they are just warped somewhere, but this place has game rules in effect and such? Hatsu can control both time and space giving huge rule restrictions over a large area and create NPCs? Seems too much to be some real world location.

i'll explain this part .

In the hxh universe it's possible to have some objects react to nen in various ways. For example wing had tied some markings to the ribbon on gon hand. Same with the box containing the Jing message and the greed island memory card.That box had a marking preventing damage and entry unless you use nen on it.
The greed island game is the same thing .

It's designed to teleport you to the game starting point once you use nen on it. Those same marking exist on the ring all the players are wearing. Using those markings is easy but learning them takes a lot of time. Only masters at teaching nen use those and multiple star hunter use them and so on. basicly you need to be a badass nen user with lot of experience.

Hatsu doesn't control time and space . You can cheat over an area with an hability.
Remember this well ..the more cheated and over the top an hability use in Hxh the more complicated and restrictive the conditions before use are.

Mew2

Neo Member
Would anyone suggest watching Fate/Stay Night before /Zero?

I know it is a prequel but maybe it was just meant to be seen out of order

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

If you prefer going from lesser quality to greater quality, then do F/SN first, then F/Z. If you want the reverse, just watch F/Z.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

No don't.

Fate/Zero is a great series. Fate/Stay Night is shit.

And honestly Fate/Zero would be even more enjoyable if you don't know what happens in FSN.

Branduil

I don't really think the term "red herring" applies here at all. It doesn't make sense considering what Hyouka and the Koutenbu series is.

I don't think red herring is the right term. The mysteries are a framing device to stimulate character interaction and development.

Branduil

Hyouka was a show characterized by dull characters, dull mysteries, and dull themes made more interesting by a particlar event arc and made palateable by the sheer talent of KyoAni. if the show was not as gorgeous looking as it was, hardly anybody would care for it at all.

You could literally say that about any good-looking, well-directed show.

Branduil

Everything about Chitanda is designed to be cute.
Her eyes especially are designed for moenuke factor.

The difference between Chitanda and moeblobs like the ones that inhabit Chuunibyou is that cuteness is just the hook for Chitanda before they develop her into a three-dimensional character, whereas artificial cuteness is the entire being of the chuuniblobs.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Is Alice no Tarabako, RAITA & Digital Accel Works there this C83?

Not sure about Alice no Tarabako, but RAITA did come out with the 10th installment of the Mahou Shoujo series, and Digital Accel Works has released one based on Smile Precure.

Theonik

The length of Hyouka arguments proves that the "it's boring" brigade is full of shit. If it was just a boring show there wouldn't be enough to talk about for so many pages.
No one here has mentioned Clannad/AS. What, is that considered an abomination of some sort by AnimeGaf or something?
Apart from darkside, there are very few if no fans of KeyoAni frequently posting on AnimeGAF.

Who's the rest of the internet? All I see as I look into the horizon are armies are wrong people.
Code;Breakers is boring as sin, with a terrible MC and a weak ass story
Poor clueless people of the internet :(

Man, is there anything that sparks more arguments on AnimeGAF than Kyoto Animation?
People are just jealous of KyoAni's swag.

At least Hyouka charted, and actually did okay sales. That's more than a lot of good anime from the last couple of years can say.
Poor Nichijou ;_;

What're you talki...
http://i.imgur.com/bJRwN.gif
HNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHH......
"Your eyes are like the stars"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...u0wCkEs5g&NR=1

What in the hell is this and why is it so awesome?
I don't know but it's going straight in my YT favourites.

Is this gonna be like when people tell me that Medaka Box is good if you just wait two seasons and jump straight into the finale?
SAO 23 is best experienced through firehawk's impression post.

I can't believe Team Love and Peace has so few members. Whats wrong with loving coffee and tea? Why must people hate?
How else are we supposed to get to OT4?

Milamber

Not sure about Alice no Tarabako, but RAITA did come out with the 10th installment of the Mahou Shoujo series, and Digital Accel Works has released one based on Smile Precure.

Alice no Tarabako also goes under MIZURYU Kei.

Ahaha, Smile Precure by DAW, isn't that his 3rd one now with the precure series?

So happy with another release of Mahou Shoujo. Wish they pushed out an entire OVA of the doujin instead of the 5 minute stripshow we were given.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Alice no Tarabako also goes under MIZURYU Kei.

Ahaha, Smile Precure by DAW, isn't that his 3rd one now with the precure series?

So happy with another release of Mahou Shoujo. Wish they pushed out an entire OVA of the doujin instead of the 5 minute stripshow we were given.

For the Smile series itself I believe this is their second one. Looking at history I totally forgot how dedicated they are to Precure. Yeah, I'm hoping a full OVA comes out in the future or something, because those 5 mins were a tease.

duckroll

Visuals are good at least. Better slowly lubricating it into his ass than going in dry. Also 1 hour and 45 minutes of the movie instead of 5-6 hours of Fate/Stay Night TV.

I found the visuals kinda bad too. Definitely not within my quality bar of "good". Not in art, not in animation, not in composition and layout. I don't think it matters how long or short something is. If it's bad, it's bad. Why waste your time?

Milamber

I found the visuals kinda bad too. Definitely not within my quality bar of "good". Not in art, not in animation, not in composition and layout. I don't think it matters how long or short something is. If it's bad, it's bad. Why waste your time?

No full reward of Carnival Phantasm?

Narag

Poyopoyo 43-52 FIN

Wow, strong batch of eps to round this out. I hope we A) get more of this down the line and B) it manages the same level of quality. You'd think it'd be hard to screw up a 3 min/ep show but I've seen some bad ones. This had all of a handful of duds and some amazing everything else.

Man I watch that with little knowledge of Tsukihime, shit lost me lol. Still very funny tho.

Can we just have Tsukihime anime plz?

I can't imagine watching Carnival Phantasm only knowing the FSN anime. It's not even just the FSN/Tsukihime VN stuff, there's a bunch of Melty Blood/ Hollow Ataxaria/Kagetsu Tohya characters in it too.

Cardfight!! Vanguard 39 - 40 eng dub

Really good cardfights in these episodes and they still have their random team names and looks, like the sparkly guys in one of the matches, then the kendo ones, as well as Team Fragrance. I didnt realize there were several battle sister cards, since they always seem to have Battle Sister Chocolate, but there is a Coco. Kai's match was the best with his line "Fear has tainted your math skills" and for him
fear or some emotion when Aichi told him about being able to hear his cards and how he got to victory, I wonder if this means this ability is bad as he referred to Ren Suzugamori and Ren is kind of bad...

Was about to go to a third episode today just see Team Avengers
Crusher Kyou is back and hopefully still has his Kyou Crush Rush!

Pooya

From The New World - 15

is getting even more complicated;

the rats sure advanced a lot, obviously planning something and they are not scared of humans anymore, he was obviously just using their powers to attack the other colony, helping them was just an excuse, it looked that way when he was bowing and smiled, and all the talks of democracy, humans are next of course. there will be war with rats for sure.

Lain

Psycho-Pass 12

For some reason I thought this ended at episode 11 and we needed a second season to continue the story and I have no clue why I thought that.
While I was glad to be mistaken, this episode sucked: no Akane and new -ugly- OP with no sexy feet.

Ok the episode didn't suck, though it wasn't great either anyways. I liked seeing the circumstances behind how Yayoi joined the team, while the Sybil system was shown to be just as useless before as it was in episode 11.

From The New World 15

I don't know why, but I was expecting a bit more plot advancing about Maria/Mamoru's search in this episode than what was shown.
What was shown had interesting tidbit of info though and also some rather disturbing events. I wonder if those events could be the foundation for a
Queerat rebellion.

fertygo

I can't imagine watching Carnival Phantasm only knowing the FSN anime. It's not even just the FSN/Tsukihime VN stuff, there's a bunch of Melty Blood/ Hollow Ataxaria/Kagetsu Tohya characters in it too.

Mostly its just FSN/Tsukihime (Melty Blood) jokes tho, outside that its just cameo n such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom