• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

From The New World - 15

is getting even more complicated;

the rats sure advanced a lot, obviously planning something and they are not scared of humans anymore, he was obviously just using their powers to attack the other colony, helping them was just an excuse, it looked that way when he was bowing and smiled, and all the talks of democracy, humans are next of course. there will be war with rats for sure.

I think there's something you might want to consider from the information provided in ep14 and ep15.

I don't think they will ever attack humans. They're not stupid, especially when all remaining humans seem to have telekinetic powers. Instead, pay attention to the language and foreshadowing used which is spelled out independently.

Powerful psychic users are like... nukes. Mobile weapons. This was explicitly stated last week. What have we seen in the previous arc and in this new episode? The rats may "worship" humans as gods, but in reality what they want is the aid of humans to fight their wars for them. One human is pretty much already an unstoppable force.

The rats have started to create a more complex society among themselves, suppressing their queens and advancing in technology and architecture. Satoru says that they want to "replace" humans. But if you think about it, they don't need to wipe humanity out to achieve this. Humans are already unable to populate the wider world in fear that if their society grows too large they will run into the same problems they did before. Unstable psychic users are a treat to humanity, and they can't really control it, only attempt to prevent it.

So this leaves me with one conclusion - the story will eventually reach a point where the rat creatures populate the earth as humans used to. Humans will remain a rarity with a controlled population, and either through coercion or fake alliance/worship, the rats aim to gain the support of some humans to their side as weapons of mass destruction for a huge unifying war which will create one large kingdom instead of separated colonies.

The foreshadowing thus far hints very strongly that in the end, it will be a war fought between Saki and Maria, and it could well destroy much of the known world.

Theonik

No, Its the Dolphin.
I see.

Wow dude you ruined it!

Also you really need to use the gifs. Although I don't think duckroll would approve.
He probably should and duckroll wouldn't care if they are linked! (probably)

She gets molested by Caster because I don't even remember. UBW was surprisingly devoid of uselesswomanSaber until that point too.

I've used them before in here!
Sounds like I should see it for the lulz. I made it through FSN can't be worse.

Jarmel

Banned
She was in the original editions.

ibisxdcQ8D7MIt.jpg

thatwasthejoke.jpg

Because that's also awful. Why would anyone recommend awful things to others to watch? :(

Because it's funny.

I found the visuals kinda bad too. Definitely not within my quality bar of "good". Not in art, not in animation, not in composition and layout. I don't think it matters how long or short something is. If it's bad, it's bad. Why waste your time?

I actually disagree with this. The fight between Shirou and Archer is absolutely fantastic in both choreography and framing. Also some of the shots in particular are insanely detailed.

Narag

Magi 4

I think I saw horses with cow udders. I think I saw ugly CG horses. I think I heard background music too but that shit was so low it could have been the someone's car outside, my furnace, or perhaps even the wind rattling my window.

It's disappointing too as I kinda liked this ep too but the writing wasn't enough to overcome the everything else even with that surprising ending.

Here's a weird question: Was this something that was planned with aspirations outside of Japan? Between this and the last episode, it seems like there's been two intentional breaks where commercials could fit in were it broadcast in North America? I've no idea if that sort of thing is present on jp TV as I'm conditioned with the single break via eyecatches and such.

Darker than Black 2 1-12

Everybody said that this was garbage. I enjoyed the first series a lot. So I started watching this on Funimation's site. I honestly didn't see that problem with it. The new main character's power was kinda lame and she's is kinda pandering a bit. And there wasn't enough electric Batman action but it was interesting enough. It moved really fast and characters were offed very quickly. But overall I thought it was a solid series. Not as good as the first but still good.

Then the "ending" happened....da fuq?

So basically everything that happened was a waste of goddam time? like wat?

Is there gonna be a season 3 or something because wtf was that?

I still enjoyed it for what it was and still have the OVAs to go through but seriously wat?

Theonik

I prefer the cycle where she doesnt exist.

Whats the joke there? Did she get run over by a train to start the series or something?
Maybe it's like Ano Hana in that version of Hyouka.

Some of the changes have some merit in a funny sort of way if you're familiar with the tv show. Have at it!
Maybe if I'm bored at some point too much legit good stuff to watch. There is also duckroll's impressions of the thread and IRC that made it seem worthwhile as hatewatch material.

Pooya

I think there's something you might want to consider from the information provided in ep14 and ep15.

I don't think they will ever attack humans. They're not stupid, especially when all remaining humans seem to have telekinetic powers. Instead, pay attention to the language and foreshadowing used which is spelled out independently.

Powerful psychic users are like... nukes. Mobile weapons. This was explicitly stated last week. What have we seen in the previous arc and in this new episode? The rats may "worship" humans as gods, but in reality what they want is the aid of humans to fight their wars for them. One human is pretty much already an unstoppable force.

The rats have started to create a more complex society among themselves, suppressing their queens and advancing in technology and architecture. Satoru says that they want to "replace" humans. But if you think about it, they don't need to wipe humanity out to achieve this. Humans are already unable to populate the wider world in fear that if their society grows too large they will run into the same problems they did before. Unstable psychic users are a treat to humanity, and they can't really control it, only attempt to prevent it.

So this leaves me with one conclusion - the story will eventually reach a point where the rat creatures populate the earth as humans used to. Humans will remain a rarity with a controlled population, and either through coercion or fake alliance/worship, the rats aim to gain the support of some humans to their side as weapons of mass destruction for a huge unifying war which will create one large kingdom instead of separated colonies.

The foreshadowing thus far hints very strongly that in the end, it will be a war fought between Saki and Maria, and it could well destroy much of the known world.

I definitely see that, right now I think Maria will definitely try something against the human village, probably for revenge, and I think it will be with the help of rats. I'm not sure what rats did to their queen, but I imagine they want to do the same to humans and have them under their control while using their powers for their own wars, I don't think it will be peaceful like it is between rats and humans and as was shown before humans don't hesitate attacking rat colonies even if it triggers the death feedback, if rats have help of a human (Maria) they can take on a human village and have them under control with their sheer numbers, remember in one of flashbacks in earlier episodes when a group of assassins that had no powers assassinated the emperor? it's not just that rats want to grow, they don't want to be used by humans either like how their queen was killing them, humans have enslaved them somewhat and slaughtered them too before, I think they have the motivations when they are large enough and have help from a human too.

Wow I missed all the KyoAni fight.

Welp, here I go...

(GOD TIER) Clannad > K-On!

> Chuunibyou > FMP > Lucky Star > Haruhi

(HELL TIER) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hyouka > Kanon > Air

Go_Ly_Dow

Rich Man, Poor Woman 9
Dat emotional rollercoaster.

iknowthatfeelbro ;_;

From The New World - 15

is getting even more complicated;

the rats sure advanced a lot, obviously planning something and they are not scared of humans anymore, he was obviously just using their powers to attack the other colony, helping them was just an excuse, it looked that way when he was bowing and smiled, and all the talks of democracy, humans are next of course. there will be war with rats for sure.

Squealer's true nature has been hinted at in previous episodes.

duckroll

Magi 4

Here's a weird question: Was this something that was planned with aspirations outside of Japan? Between this and the last episode, it seems like there's been two intentional breaks where commercials could fit in were it broadcast in North America? I've no idea if that sort of thing is present on jp TV as I'm conditioned with the single break via eyecatches and such.

I don't think so. It airs on MBS/TBS in Japan, and it's just one break in the middle. I think what you're noticing is probably just bad directing, of which there is an abundance of in this series. Much more to come. :p

Kazzy

Aw, seems I missed out on all the KyoAni-based goodness. Let me just say that Hyouka is masterful piece of work, and stuff.

duckroll

remember in one of flashbacks in earlier episodes when a group of assassins that had no powers assassinated the emperor?

That's a really, really interesting comment which I didn't really think of until now. But... while it might not be related, I've heard that Arasan, the animator who did that prologue sequence in episode 3 with the assassination of the emperor... also worked on episode 18. Hmmmmm.

Ishida & Asakura 2
tumblr_mgko8povnq1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I wonder if the characters in CLass 3-BL will stay the same Ishida with his want to run a flower shop with Asakura, Asakura being boob obsessed etc. Oh well, alright episode, I think the OP song is starting to grow on me, but oh so short.

Would anyone suggest watching Fate/Stay Night before /Zero?

I know it is a prequel but maybe it was just meant to be seen out of order

I watched Zero first the other day and then started on Stay Night. I kinda feel like some stuff is spoiled for me now but im not sure if they will turn out that way or not.

Im really hating the other servents in Stay Night so far, new Rider and Berserker suck compared to Zero's

Jarmel

Banned
I watched Zero first the other day and then started on Stay Night. I kinda feel like some stuff is spoiled for me now but im not sure if they will turn out that way or not.

Im really hating the other servents in Stay Night so far, new Rider and Berserker suck compared to Zero's

Pretty much all the servants are hard steps down except debatably Archer and Lancer.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 39

I like how Urd has her own way of motivating Skuld.Sometimes Belldandy's gentle nature isn't what Skuld needs to do what she need to do, so having Urd come in and push her buttons is often what gets Skuld to not be so whiny and actually do something.

Speaking of which, how the hell does she not know how to ride a bicycle? How old is she? And did she seriously think she was the only one who wasn't automatically good at riding one, and that nobody ever fell off one before? Grow up, Skuld.

I wanted to see Urd riding a unicycle. Shame.

Moonlight

Banned
Diarmuid was honestly one of my favourite Servants, a little short of Alexander and Berserker.

He deserved so much better than what he got. :(

JJBA 14

Liked the moments in the ed, though not a fan of the song choice or modifications. That was actually a really good episode. Ceaser makes for a really interesting character and the constant thing or perhaps budding rivalry or friendship led to lots of comedy even pushing Joseph to want to develop some new flashy move I hope. Ceaser is quite awesome honestly.

Poor Mark there but the antagonists are also in some ways interesting too. I guess Im finally starting to see why people like the poses as the way they were on the statue and just there, even Ceaser at times too. Wham? seemed to make the statement that light wont work on them and for Santana even in the UV light he's still somewhat active, so I dont know how or whatever Joseph and Ceaser can do to stop these characters, unless theres some way to supercharge a ripple to some new level.

I don't think F/SN is that bad. Not a top tier anime, but definitely enjoyable enough to recommend casually. At the very least it has a pretty amazing soundtrack.

Jarmel

Banned
Servant Ranking Time!

Rider(Z)>>>Archer(SN)=Archer(Z)>Caster(Z)>Outside Archer(SN)>Lancer(Z)>Saber(SN)>Berserker(Z)>Fake Assassin(SN)>Lancer(SN)>Caster(SN)>Rider(SN)>Saber(Z)>Berserker(SN)>True Assassin(Z)=True Assassin(SN)

Darker than Black 2 1-12

Everybody said that this was garbage. I enjoyed the first series a lot. So I started watching this on Funimation's site. I honestly didn't see that problem with it. The new main character's power was kinda lame and she's is kinda pandering a bit. And there wasn't enough electric Batman action but it was interesting enough. It moved really fast and characters were offed very quickly. But overall I thought it was a solid series. Not as good as the first but still good.

Then the "ending" happened....da fuq?

So basically everything that happened was a waste of goddam time? like wat?

Is there gonna be a season 3 or something because wtf was that?

I still enjoyed it for what it was and still have the OVAs to go through but seriously wat?
The problem is that i was bored by the 4th episode

Pooya

Servants might not be all terrible in SN but the masters are definitely are, ah. Tokiomi in Zero is more interesting than anybody in SN >_>

Is this gonna be like when people tell me that Medaka Box is good if you just wait two seasons and jump straight into the finale?

Are you going to do this or not? I have a wall of animegaf nakama with a reserved space for you, but it's REALLY tough to keep any spaces open, especially now that the glue is drying, which is only made worse by the work those fuckin roofers are doing at 5 AM because they're assholes.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Are you going to do this or not? I have a wall of animegaf nakama with a reserved space for you, but it's REALLY tough to keep any spaces open, especially now that the glue is drying, which is only made worse by the work those fuckin roofers are doing at 5 AM because they're assholes.
Are we talking hot glue in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom