• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Neon Genesis Evangelion Eureka Seven 20

Shinji Renton kicked his Evangelion Nirvash into Berserker Mode.

Jokes aside this was a CRAAAAAAAAZY episode. The tensions between Amuro Ray and Bright Noah, I mean Shinji and Gendo, I mean Renton and Holland finally boiled over into all out fisticuffs. Hap called Holland out over it, and Holland went out to prove the reason he is cool is because he knows he isn't cool. Renton freaked out while tearing guys apart and finally come to the realization that those blood spurting robots have people in them, but the really most impressive part of this episode is that it made me like Talho.

It took 20 episodes and two well placed face-slaps for me to change my mind, but there you go.

Enjoy the ride. The episodes in the 20s are amazing. Amazing.

Kettch

I'd say this is showing improvement at a pace I'm okay with. As for Tamako, I get the strong impression it's going to fall apart if it tries to juggle too much. At this point, I'm still not sure what its trying to be.

Eh, I still haven't gotten much out of it. The Spice and Wolf comparisons were completely off, and it's looking more like a standard harem show now.

On the other hand, I'll probably keep at it simply because I get to hear more Miyuki Sawashiro.

Shakugan no Shana Final 22

ihm75WC.jpg
QVFFsCW.jpg

Playing with missiles.

We're finishing the fights with the never introduced minor characters which means they'll have to focus on the main characters. NOOOOOOOO.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It will be answered.
Like most of the questions asked in this thread? Nah boy. I'm still sure if it wasn't for the LN readers answering my queries I'd still be in the dark on most things.

Why is he covered in jolly?
I can't believe you thought this was a good idea to post. At least make a bad Twilight joke or something.

I-I like the K-ON!! OP. :( It's my guilty pleasure.
The OPs > EDs.

Season's kinda slow, so ended up watching through Mitsudomoe, misunderstandings gag show. Pretty funny, and characters are well done. The tokusatsu hero parody episode was quite the bit. No DVD/BLs in the US, why Aniplex?
Finally someone else has watched it! At the moment the only place outside of Japan I see getting this show is France as they already have the manga. Would French DVD/BDs have English subs?

Articalys

AKB0048 16 (Next Stage 3)

If nothing else, this episode proves beyond all doubts that Kibou ni Tsuite is so vastly superior to the new OP that it isn't even funny.

The other highlight of this episode was
hearing Show Hayami say "Aitakatta, yes!"

Moonlight

Banned
They trying to pull Tsuritama.
Man, that would be something.

On that note, I've worked my way up through most of Tsuritama by now. I was planning doing episode by episode impressions, but I take way too long to write them and I wanted to dive into one after the other. I'll leave full impressions to later, but this show is really something spectacular. Every episode has been a steady, really spectacular escalation of themes and scale, yet it never gets away from the characters. It's just really great stuff.

I'm gonna be kinda down when this ride is finally over.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We can jot this up on the list of ideas that will never be.

I don't think I could handle it if I heard Jexhius' voice for the first time and he didn't sound like a dignified old butler. We'll just end up destroying our mental images of each other.
We could always force him to put on that voice. Actually my problem with recording my voice is that I can't help but put on voices. Guess I find it hard to talk straight when I'm not face to face with someone.

Rofl. I'd be interested to hear how some of you sound.
Well no one took up my "What do you think Cajun sounds like?" challenge which was Cajun approved.

AnimeGaf is made up of a bunch of lazy nerds. Neither a blog or a podcast will ever happen unless someone's motivated enough to force everyone else to contribute.
Hey, I put some effort into my gifs. I know, lets make a tumblr instead. DTL is already on board I'm sure.

ill be working making sure those excutives dont sleep well at night.

watch and learn anime gaf, a pissed off thundercats fan isnt somebody you mess with.
OH GOD! The Plan™ has been set into motion. It's starting!
iVIyzVfnIZv0A.gif

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

jgminto

I'd listen to a podcast of myself talking to pre-recorded dialogue of myself talking about anime. I think that should be our podcast.

Hunter x Hunter 63

Totally forgot about Binolt. Now that's a relatively touching story in a world full of assholes like this.

The pacing is sooooooooooooooo much better now. That was always the biggest problem with Greed Island and I doubt it will even be an issue now. Could probably get through the rest of the arc in 8 or 9 episodes. Then comes the Chimera Ants!

Westlo

I think we have a doujin on our hands here gentlemen. We have the technology. We can make it happen.

There's already a doujin of Sugu riding Kirito while he's in a coma and making love to Asuna in the game, when Kirito wakes up from his coma and starts to look for Asuna, Sugu is in his room to give him the good news about her having a baby.

Quality read.

OceanBlue

There's already a doujin of Sugu riding Kirito while he's in a coma and making love to Asuna in the game, when Kirito wakes up from his coma and starts to look for Asuna, Sugu is in his room to give him the good news about her having a baby.

Quality read.

image.php

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I always thought he was anime...

I always thought he was a flaming horse. And then I thought he was a creepy disfigured anime girl. And then I thought he was some kind of X-Com reference.

SHOW YOUR TRUE FORM, SHAPESHIFTER

jgminto

Quality read.

They stole our idea!

I always thought he was a flaming horse. And then I thought he was a creepy disfigured anime girl. And then I thought he was some kind of X-Com reference.

SHOW YOUR TRUE FORM, SHAPESHIFTER

Perhaps he's ethereal.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The problem with "hnnnnnnnnnng" is that if you recorded Cajun making that noise you wouldn't be able to tell if he's having a moe attack or just struggling with a really bad shit.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I dunno about a podcast, but if someone set up like a mumble room or something I would probably pop in there and chat it up for an hour.

Quality read.

Yeah, there's another one like that too. It seems like a pretty common idea.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
The problem with "hnnnnnnnnnng" is that if you recorded Cajun making that noise you wouldn't be able to tell if he's having a moe attack or just struggling with a really bad shit.

The problem is that hnnnng just represents your feels. When you're watching anime, you might have intense feels, but you're probably not making any noises out loud. Unless you're crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom