• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so.....anybody know kickass late 80's/90's manly animes with gore, bloods and guts? and if ya guys do, name some...oh and is there some site where I can stream them?

Also, I was seeing this brutally gory anime from the 90's few years ago where some cops infiltrate a building, shit happens, then some dudes heads gets sniped with all that brain matter showing and stuff..so does anyone know the name of this anime? All I know that the protagonists were cops...not sure if they were special cops dealing terrorists however it was gory, graphic, manly, badass and cool.

Genocyber is probably the goriest anime in existance. Unfortunately, it's also boring and confusing 95% of the time.

Mad Bull 34 is a good one, so watch that.

Branduil

what?

wait for that sony TV service son. why you waiting for those failures.

meanwhile, while certain motherfuckers who say that they are conserned about the western part of the animation industry are out fucking there girlfriends - ill be working making sure those excutives dont sleep well at night.

watch and learn anime gaf, a pissed off thundercats fan isnt somebody you mess with.

i6FT78LLGUL3O.jpg

Nafe

I stalked the thread and read all the congratulations... but thanks for the compilation, anyway!

Sure thing. :)

I still like Reika's episode.

Me too.

It's not all that complicated if you put them down. Basically works like:
Family name + no idea but seems to be shared across the family + first name of the starter of the family + noble title + domain + first name.
For practical purposes though they obviously don't use it all!
For Jinto it's:
Lin Shu Rock Yalulug Dril Hydal Jinto. Lin being his family name, His father being called Rock Lin (hence the Rock in there) and being in control of the Hydal region.
Hope this helps with the mnemonics!

Yeah, they don't use them all the time but you would still have to know them for the times you did, haha. Okay, thanks for that.

He is embarrassed of his father being a teran but still can't kill his own father so keeps him hidden.

Yeah, I thought about it just after posting thinking
the fact that he doesn't kill him and just locks him up seems to just further support that he's actually just a weak character.

His reasoning is the same here as well. He is second generation Abh nobility, and being that his family doesn't have any long abh tradition he sees himself as inferior and is obsessed by this fact so much that even though he reigns over virtually nothing he can't give that up as that's the only thing he has. Dude's got some major inferiority complex.

Yeah. I believe his father actually mentions he basically has a
inferiority complex
when talking with Jinto about him a bit further into the episode.

Reading your impressions, something just occurred to me.

Isn't this Banner of the Stars (Seikai no Senki) rather than Crest? I am pretty sure the Baron and the maid army doesn't appear anywhere in Crest.

It looks like this has been sorted out but yeah, it's Crest. I wanted to make sure I was watching the proper order when first looking it up as I hadn't actually seen any of the show before.

Baron is crest. Least good part of Crest too! Well kinda, looking back it wasn't that bad. I must have been salty at the time.
His sister is Banner and the events ending on the next episode he's watching are a big theme on Banner I.

I personally am liking these episodes. Lafiel here is pretty cool! I guess the only downside(but even then not really) is that
as has been mentioned, the Baron seems kind of pathetic but we'll see what happens.

You are in for a big surprise soon.

Hmm, quoting a passage about seiyuu's plus Sailor Moon and responding with big surprise...I think I know what you're getting at. :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Space Brothers 41

Why do cheesy lines sound cool in Japanese?
"I'm not worried... so I won't pray."

The movie kind of ruined this arc for me, but at least it's starting to diverge by virtue of the anime people probably taking several episodes to solve a problem that the movie solved in like 10 minutes. lol

---

Little Busters 15
x7pBRBIl.jpg

I really don't know how I feel about genre savvy characters now. Pretty soon, nerds will just be talking in tropes and references.

"Wholesome Crossdressing HoYay LesYay moe."

vI9gYPPl.jpg

Speaking of which, fake yuri.

But man, if they're spending time on episodes like this, I can see why they're teasing that the end of the series isn't going to be the end. :p

Mitsuho

Banned
SAO S01E10

Marriage but just snuggling? Is their avatars really that good and 3DPD or self-patdown biometrics not quite up to par? Speaking to that, why did the GM even bother with giving them a kagami? If they dumped it fast enough the would've kept their avatar? No, right!

Theonik

what?

meanwhile, while certain motherfuckers who say that they are conserned about the western part of the animation industry are out fucking there girlfriends - ill be working making sure those excutives dont sleep well at night.

watch and learn anime gaf, a pissed off thundercats fan isnt somebody you mess with.
I'm sure they are terrified.

You need to make themed podcasts, ie:

Crossfire: Novid and Firehawk debate what is the greater danger to society, Saban or SAO.
What if Saban came back from the dead with their own online service called "Saban Online" and abbreviated SAO?

A vocaloid podcast? This really would end up like that one scene in Hyouka.
Imagine Hyouka debates in Vocaloid voices!

Through the power of technology we can all finally take a step closer to our ultimate goal of becoming cute 2D girls.
We have the technology.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
SAO S01E10

Marriage but just snuggling? Is their avatars really that good and 3DPD or self-patdown biometrics not quite up to par? Speaking to that, why did the GM even bother with giving them a kagami? If they dumped it fast enough the would've kept their avatar? No, right!

I guess you managed to avoid hearing about GLOP GLOP somehow.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Genocyber is probably the goriest anime in existance. Unfortunately, it's also boring and confusing 95% of the time.

Mad Bull 34 is a good one, so watch that.

thanx brah. will watch both. anyways....anybody else know more gory anime out there from late 80's or 90's??

madp

The Light of El Cantare
thanx brah. will watch both. anyways....anybody else know more gory anime out there from late 80's or 90's??

The Dark Cat dub should suit your needs.

Also, try Apocalypse Zero and Ki-Me-Ra!

edit: these are all OVAs, so be warned if you're looking for something longer.

Theonik

That show you're watching is about to be stolen.
Spoor <3

Yeah, they don't use them all the time but you would still have to know them for the times you did, haha. Okay, thanks for that.

Yeah, I thought about it just after posting thinking
the fact that he doesn't kill him and just locks him up seems to just further support that he's actually just a weak character.

Yeah. I believe his father actually mentions he basically has a
inferiority complex
when talking with Jinto about him a bit further into the episode.

I personally am liking these episodes. Lafiel here is pretty cool! I guess the only downside(but even then not really) is that
as has been mentioned, the Baron seems kind of pathetic but we'll see what happens.
Really, even if you don't know them, you only need to remember that the first and last words are the ones that matter. (since they are the short name and you can recognise them that way.) Also,
it's not just that he's weak he really has no reason to kill his own father and that would be excessive even for a giant douchebag like he is.
I wouldn't really call him just weak he's insecure and that motivates him in doing things you wouldn't normally deem reasonable some of which you'll see on EP08. He also likes to overcompensate ;)

And yeah the episodes aren't bad, I just didn't enjoy them as much at the time because they were sort of sandwiched after what I found were phenomenal episodes and sort of dragged in the middle.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
what?

This is the greatest post.

Little Busters 15
x7pBRBIl.jpg

I thought I was going to stop this show because it was going to treat me like some kind of tear slot machine but I ended up stopping the show after the second episode because I got bored with it.

My question to you: Has anyone important died between episode 2 and 15? Does/Did it have as much feel as Clannad S2 or Kanon?

Hyouka 3
Thankfully, they just went ahead and skipped the OP. I'm very glad for that, though I'm not really sure about the whole 7 minutes of talking that replaced it...
Is is just me, or is her face seem off here?
Are these mysteries supposed to be really easy to figure out? I don't think they could have made it any more obvious just what that guy was doing in the room. Mayaka must either be easily impressed or highly unobservant. And when did she join the club? Maybe I missed that at the end of the last episode or something. I hope this whole uncle thing turns out to be something.
2TmQ9fe.jpg

Chiichan sounds so much like Ritsu when she's trying to act cute, that I can't help but think Chitanda is just trolling them all.

Mitsuho

Banned
What, did you want them to hold hands too?

Lolz.

Well.... We can recreate how the community reacted if he'd like.

Well it is aimed at a younger audience, and it is about love not sex I guess.

Hmm, I just didn't expect he would be the conservative party or they even present anything ecchi at all. When the marriage was just foreshadowing in S01E09 I thought he'd be more pragmatic and there'd be a gag about something in his inventory he didn't tell her about.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought I was going to stop this show because it was going to treat me like some kind of tear slot machine but I ended up stopping the show after the second episode because I got bored with it.

My question to you: Has anyone important died between episode 2 and 15? Does/Did it have as much feel as Clannad S2 or Kanon?
I guess this is a spoiler but
no, no one has died. Can't really compare it to those other Key shows though, as I either haven't watched them or don't remember watching them.

Kettch

So far this season I've tried:

Good as Expected
Chihayafuru 2
Sasamai-san@Ganbaranai
Tamako Market

Unexpectedly Good
Problem Children
Kotoura-san

Mediocre/IsWhatItIs
Vividred
OreShura
Maoyuu

Is there anything I haven't given a shot that's risen above it's chart description/artwork? None of the rest looked particularly interesting.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon SuperS 129:

uhh......am I seeing too much in the
scenes where the villains peer into the souls of pure maidens
? Because......yeah.

I just noticed that Tigers-Eye has razor blade earrings which I guess is actually kind of badass. And was Usagi's voice oddly deep and mature-sounding during her usual lead up to tsuki ni kawatte? Maybe I'm just hearing things, but I kind of liked it.

Sailor Moon SuperS 130:

So
Usagi's mom still has the pure heart of a maiden even after, well, marrying and having children
? I don't even know how that's possible, but me gusta.

Kaleidomoon Scope and Crystal Carillon are really freaking boss names for the new items and the split perspective thing on Moon Gorgeous Meditation is damned stylish.

yo damn, that subtle pressure from mom to get married :lol

Sailor Moon SuperS 131:

wow fuck you Tigers-Eye. Seriously, fuck you.

Sailor Moon SuperS 132:

oh fuck, the MotW this episode, hahahahah. Every now and again they come up with a truly special one. Saori is at least a more attractive existential threat to Chibiusa than, say,
Wiseman or Pharaoh 90

I don't know why, but Sailor Moon makes me wish I was high school/college age in the 90s sometimes.

I guess this is a spoiler but
no, no one has died. Can't really compare it to those other Key shows though, as I either haven't watched them or don't remember watching them.

Thanks. The characters in the other Key shows pulled me in. Also I think I may be coming to terms with my bias against dramas with too much sausage. Not sure when I became so sexist :(

CorvoSol

Neon Genesis Evangelion Eureka Seven 20

Shinji Renton kicked his Evangelion Nirvash into Berserker Mode.

Jokes aside this was a CRAAAAAAAAZY episode. The tensions between Amuro Ray and Bright Noah, I mean Shinji and Gendo, I mean Renton and Holland finally boiled over into all out fisticuffs. Hap called Holland out over it, and Holland went out to prove the reason he is cool is because he knows he isn't cool. Renton freaked out while tearing guys apart and finally come to the realization that those blood spurting robots have people in them, but the really most impressive part of this episode is that it made me like Talho.

It took 20 episodes and two well placed face-slaps for me to change my mind, but there you go.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Is there anything I haven't given a shot that's risen above it's chart description/artwork? None of the rest looked particularly interesting.

I'd recommend trying Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun, if only because it's the only thing this season that I thought I would hate but ended up kind of enjoying. It's not pretty, but I think it's been competent at telling a story so far.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Neon Genesis Evangelion Eureka Seven 20

Shinji Renton kicked his Evangelion Nirvash into Berserker Mode.

Jokes aside this was a CRAAAAAAAAZY episode. The tensions between Amuro Ray and Bright Noah, I mean Shinji and Gendo, I mean Renton and Holland finally boiled over into all out fisticuffs. Hap called Holland out over it, and Holland went out to prove the reason he is cool is because he knows he isn't cool. Renton freaked out while tearing guys apart and finally come to the realization that those blood spurting robots have people in them, but the really most impressive part of this episode is that it made me like Talho.

It took 20 episodes and two well placed face-slaps for me to change my mind, but there you go.

You're almost there man! Wait until you get to the half way point!

So far this season I've tried:
Mediocre/IsWhatItIs
Vividred
OreShura
Maoyuu

I'd say this is showing improvement at a pace I'm okay with. As for Tamako, I get the strong impression it's going to fall apart if it tries to juggle too much. At this point, I'm still not sure what its trying to be.

cj_iwakura

Sailor Moon SuperS 129:

uhh......am I seeing too much in the
scenes where the villains peer into the souls of pure maidens
? Because......yeah.

I just noticed that Tigers-Eye has razor blade earrings which I guess is actually kind of badass. And was Usagi's voice oddly deep and mature-sounding during her usual lead up to tsuki ni kawatte? Maybe I'm just hearing things, but I kind of liked it.

Wait'll you see the Minako episode. Yeah.

I just blitzed through six episodes of Madoka Magica. It had me by the throat after episode 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom