• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What about sisters?

iz5jVTRkGZMxb.gif

Narag

There's already a doujin of Sugu riding Kirito while he's in a coma and making love to Asuna in the game, when Kirito wakes up from his coma and starts to look for Asuna, Sugu is in his room to give him the good news about her having a baby.

Quality read.

Sounds like it surpassed the source material.

Uchip

Banned
Jungle Emperor 2009 Version
the hell was that
I dont know what it was
but it wasnt leo

Berserk Movie thing Part 2
Much improved over the first

Dragon Ball Z Kai
Mixed Bag
new intro and ed were decent
some of the new animation is wonzo bait
removing the filler is appreciated
added censorship is not

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Should I watch that? I mean, I don't know how I feel about sequels. The Second Raid was amazing, and Endless Waltz was worth it for the redesigned Gundams (there is seriously not one Gundam in Wing that isn't better in Endless Waltz), but Destiny was awful bar like, 4-6 episodes (Which are: Attack on Lacus' Estate, Athrun's Escape, Murrue meeting Roanoke, Kira crashing Cagalli's wedding, and Ramius and Roanoke part two.) The action was good but all the new stuff was bad to Shinn shit really bad. And Prince of Darkness was just . . . such a let down.
Let me put it this way. Pocketful of Rainbows is a better Eureka sequel than Eureka AO. I suppose you can watch it out of morbid curiosity or something.

Cousins, so it's totally cool.
Japan.

---
Starship Troopers Invasion

Despite posting in the thread last year, I totally forgot this :wonzo thing existed. Directed by Shinji Aramaki and Sola Digital Arts of Halo Legends fame.

Featuring the three characters you know (?) and love (?):

Also, the tits you love:

Now with more moe because it's Japanese:

I don't know if there's anything worth saying about this thing. At least it's better than either the Dragon Age or the Mass Effect movies? And the two live action Starship Troopers sequels? Yay?

What's amazing is just how... cheap it is in terms of using the license but avoiding anything to do with the actual movie. Maybe they can't get the now famous Neil Patrick Harris to do a voice, but they couldn't even pay for his likeness? Van Dien is a producer on this thing but he couldn't be bothered to do Rico? The one track that is famous from the movie and is featured prominently in the trailer is replaced with a shitty musak version of the theme to save some cash? Come on.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Robo;Notes 13
FZqk7uI.jpg

Beat me at archery and I'll write better impressions.
I actually liked this episode. It has certainly been a long time since I could say that about this show. Frau is more interesting as a character than the rest of the cast even behind her internet weirdo exterior. In most other scenes it kind of felt like everyone was emotionless, only serving to push the story along further. In that sense the series can be kind of dull, as it struggles to have a meaningful focus on more than one thing at a time.

Oh hey, and these slow moving robot parades aren't very intimidating. How is it that AI can be so advanced but robot tech is so primitive?

wonzo

Banned
HxH 2011 63

hxhr63.jpg

Yeah, everything about this so far is leagues better than the past OVA's handling of this arc. The biggest factor is that it isn't a poorly animated and ugly piece of shit like the third OVA series was.

Uchip

Banned
HxH 2011 63

hxhr63.jpg

Yeah, everything about this so far is leagues better than the past OVA's handling of this arc. The biggest factor is that it isn't a poorly animated and ugly piece of shit like the third OVA series was.

I wonder if Bisket was where they got the idea for Tsunade in Naruto
Kind of like the akatsuki and uchiha seemingly inspired by the phantom brigade and kurta clan...
so much flattery

Mr.Jeff

Admittedly, the first and second books was a bit of a slog to get through with all the unanswered questions of metals and their opposing elements and whatnot but all that, and more, is answered beautifully in the third book.
I quite liked the first book but when it became clear the second book would deal more with the MC's relationship with that guy, I dropped it about 3 chapters in.
Interesting plot ideas = good
Shitty teen angst relationships = always bad

More on the subject of anime, I ploughed through to ep 9 of Yami last night. This show has so many problems, especially with the Milka story.
They set up two episodes around the kid and the resolution for it is basically "Hey, we're going to leave you all alone again. Why don't you go take your tiger across the sea to a place filled with people. That'll work well." You don't even find out if Lillith even repairs the book world. She just kinda says "Hmm, I need to fix this." The only thing that really came out of all this (excuse the pun), was we find out that Hazuki has been schlicking to her sister but has decided to keep everything secret.

All that did give me two great screenshots though:

School's motto: "Because god forbid they turn into men."

Moé!

And then the next arc with it's fucking useless
ninjas. What kind of (decent) ninjas go around with only a bra and pants on? As for being stealthy, they go around laughing all the time which surely must somehow alert someone? Aside from that, we learn that the main evil guy is actually just nuts instead of actually evil

Augh, still 4 more episodes.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Man, what an episode this was.
Usagi full-on NTR paranoid, Rei ruined for marriage, Yuuichiro tries to fucking kill his romantic rival, and some super-wahjah nanpa (thanks to Sailor Moon S for teaching me that term) from two desperate guys.

Y'know, they actually got away with a couple of surprisingly compromising positions between Fish-Eye and fairy fucker dude.

geez could they ease up a bit on the NTR paranoia this season? It feels like it comes up almost every single episode now.

and motherfuck could the villains in this season be any more despicable douchebags?
Not only does Hawks-Eye get off to widows (seriously, just think about it for a minute), but he disguises himself as a widowed woman's dead husband to seduce her and the shock hurts her so badly that she ends up fucking hospitalized because of it.
Just die, villains. Just. Die.
For. Kids.

By the way, why do you have to brand a dude a "fairy fucker" so scornfully just because he's into them? You should know better.

Kurita

Space Brothers 41

Another stressful episode. The lack of music (well, there was some but less than in other episodes) really tells you "We're not fucking around anymore, this is serious bro".

duckroll

I have good news for fans of Psycho-Pass who dislike the new OP sequence. The OP seems like it was indeed a placeholder, because those who have seen ep14 in the regular noitaminA preview screenings every weekend have confirmed that ep14 has a brand new actual OP. It is monochrome like the first OP, and it begins with the new cut of Kogami pointing the gun at the screen which was added to the end of the makeshift OP in ep13. This new OP should be the one storyboarded by the director Shiotani.

DiGiKerot

I have good news for fans of Psycho-Pass who dislike the new OP sequence. The OP seems like it was indeed a placeholder, because those who have seen ep14 in the regular noitaminA preview screenings every weekend have confirmed that ep14 has a brand new actual OP. It is monochrome like the first OP, and it begins with the new cut of Kogami pointing the gun at the screen which was added to the end of the makeshift OP in ep13. This new OP should be the one storyboarded by the director Shiotani.

Oh, thank goodness for that.

AKB0048 NS3 - I completely lost it at the Noodle commercial.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
They couldn't get it done in time during the break? Still, yay!

duckroll

They couldn't get it done in time during the break? Still, yay!

It was probably partially deliberate. Notice how even for the ED sequence they play around a lot with editing and change it from episode to episode. There's probably some creative intent there, except like with many things in the show itself, the execution tends to fall short sometimes.

DiGiKerot

It was probably partially deliberate. Notice how even for the ED sequence they play around a lot with editing and change it from episode to episode. There's probably some creative intent there, except like with many things in the show itself, the execution tends to fall short sometimes.

I'm increasingly thinking that Shiotani simply may not be a particularly great director, to be honest. Much of The Last Dark is really underwhelming compared to the Blood-C TV show, and Psycho-Pass is skirting by more on ideas than the strength of anything else.

How was Tokyo Marble Chocolate, anyway?

hunter x hunter 63
Man this episode was great !

The animation was pretty good for this episode ... it was most enjoyable ...but what i see is the impecable pacing they used for the greed island arc. Everything falls in line slowly and perfectly with almost no wasted moves.

Another good thing is that they nailed biske attitude perfectly !

Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%2063.jpg

Train them well !

HUnter x hunter (2011) is without a doubt the best version of hunter x hunter that is possible to do right now.

i'm actually looking forward to the arc afterwards because they can manage a perfect run at this rate .

Thank goodness. I still dislike the song but the placeholder visuals were just lazy and awful.

duckroll

I'm increasingly thinking that Shiotani simply may not be a particularly great director, to be honest. Much of The Last Dark is really underwhelming compared to the Blood-C TV show, and Psycho-Pass is skirting by more on ideas than the strength of anything else.

How was Tokyo Marble Chocolate, anyway?

I haven't actually seen it. I haven't seen The Last Dark either, so I can't really comment on that right now. But I do think that he isn't a very experienced director. He also seems either unable or unwilling to be more experimental with his direction and taking advantage of his animation background to create something which looks more unique - like what he did for the Blood+ OP he directed. This might either be a personal decision, or a reflection of IG's culture. It's hard to say imo.

jgminto

Katawa Shoujo got #45 on the GotY list. Well deserved. I should probably make this related to anime...if there was ever an anime adaption of KS it would probably suck.

I wish we didn't have to wait so long of the AotY awards to finish.

Katawa Shoujo got #45 on the GotY list. Well deserved. I should probably make this related to anime...if there was ever an anime adaption of KS it would probably suck.

I wish we didn't have to wait so long of the AotY awards to finish.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations was cheated, it was best anime game of the year, I wish more had voted for it.

Defuser

Doesn't make up for that atrocious music.

Narag

AKB0048 The Next Stage 16

7nkFGmal.jpg

723jmJll.jpg

Sonata gives zero fucks.
Beginning to wonder if this series is going to be Chieri's story like last season was sort of Nagisa's. First of the election results was such a pleasant surprise too.

Hunter x Hunter 63
tumblr_mgwy75JzVE1rbjb6wo2_500.jpg

Cant wait to see how refined our precious diamond and sapphire will turn out after this training affair. Ging must be epic to be so widely known and regarded, cant wait.
Didnt know they could extend their nen like that to a physical weapon since I guess in the past the weapons with it were all from conjurers, Kurapika's stuff?

DiGiKerot

AKB0048 The Next Stage 16

Beginning to wonder if this series is going to be Chieri's story like last season was sort of Nagisa's. First of the election results was such a pleasant surprise too.

I don't know, an awful lot of what's going on in the series still seems pretty Nagisa-centric - I mean, look at the way they framed the first episode of NS, particularly the opening, before they got to the concert.

I'm just hoping that they aren't going to troll us from this point onwards by making every Election position announcement take a whole episode.

Hunter x Hunter 63
tumblr_mgwy75JzVE1rbjb6wo2_500.jpg

Cant wait to see how refined our precious diamond and sapphire will turn out after this training affair. Ging must be epic to be so widely known and regarded, cant wait.
Didnt know they could extend their nen like that to a physical weapon since I guess in the past the weapons with it were all from conjurers, Kurapika's stuff?

Actually they told you during the previous arc.
The brigade was wondering about the chain user habilities and guessed that it was either
-a weapon made from nen
-a physical weapon reinforced with nen ( meaning that you can put an aura on a object for various uses )

Narag

Code Breaker 10

Bs88Mm6l.png

rip Yuuki

Holy fuck. I think for every question I had answered about Hitomi, I asked one about Heike though.
Dude is shifty as fuck. I had no idea he was that old and he seemed conspicuously absent at times.
Great ep.

minami-ke tadaima 03

we're still missing a member of the cast so far But we got the return of "sensei & ninomiya-kun" and that's better than nothing i guess.

Minami-ke is still delivering on the joke and stupid situations pretty well it's very impressive!

Minami-ke%20Tadaima%20-%2003.jpg

That's some phoenix wright level of deductions there !

Maid outflits are serious business ! This is All

---------------------------
Ah, apparently this is the first ending song for DokiDoki Precure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DStrTMIgxgE

Not bad , the question is : will they keep the cg dance or will they try something different ?

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep 18
tumblr_mgxi4yZV6E1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mgxi4yZV6E1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I think this one was unnecessary, like no new perspective on anything.
The dramatic deja vu realization moments were alright and pretty intense though

DiGiKerot

Grzi

So much anime, so little time :(

Zetsuen no Tempest - 14

I have no idea why I'm still watching this, I guess my love for BONES truly is unconditional.

Narag

Code:Breaker 11

JMfagOl.png

The real hero of this show is that puppy

I'd been trying to better understand why I enjoy this show past the whole evocative of the 90s thing. This ep I finally realized it has a strong X-Men vibe to it that I really enjoy.

Holy fuck @
Heike vs Toki
and dat cliffhanger.

duckroll

Code:Breaker 11

I'd been trying to better understand why I enjoy this show past the whole evocative of the 90s thing. This ep I finally realized it has a strong X-Men vibe to it that I really enjoy.

You're going to love the finale. X-Men to the max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom