• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's just a series of pixels

Pixels are just the atoms of the internet.

But what if atoms are the pixels of someone else's internet?

maybe our universe is, like, just the cheeto dust on the inside of some nerd-god's fingernail, man

Milamber

Pixels are just the atoms of the internet.

But what if atoms are the pixels of someone else's internet?

what if our universe is, like, just the cheeto dust on the inside of some nerd-god's fingernail, man

r3k5FVd.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I dunno about a podcast, but if someone set up like a mumble room or something I would probably pop in there and chat it up for an hour.

Everyone should just join the DOTA2 channel on the public GAF mumble.

It'd be great. Probably weird a lot of people out too.

Thoraxes

Because most people in here fucking hate each other and nobody would agree on anything.

It would be like a catfight podcast where everyone tells people their opinions are wrong.

If someone cried by the end of the first episode I would consider listening.

Shakugan no Shana Final 24

So the final fight besides ended up being a poorly animated battle between some shiny medieval robot and a six headed bear. I wonder if there's some symbolism going on there.

Whatever. Done with this damn show. I can rejoice and hopefully watch something better.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
With Chihayafuru and TWGOK both getting new seasons, I'm not really sure of anything anymore. Both of their anime series were supposed to be dead.
If we use those two shows as a gauge it seems like series only keep on going if they are capable of causing more suffering.

Branduil

It would be difficult to recreate the non-linear storytelling that made Baccano! as interesting as it is for a second season, I think.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Shin Seikai Yori / From The New World #16

Awesome as always. I thought the exposition was nicely framed within the context of maria's letter, even if it somewhat came off as the author artificially presenting his own personal opinion on the world he's created (as one poster earlier noted). In any case it didn't stop me being moved by the overall emotional content of the letter.

The main hook to the series - the foreboding atmosphere is still so damn compelling, especially the somber tone of the narration in this episode.:eek:

On a another note.
Saki dream sequence in the episode kind of reminded me of Kaiba in terms of art and atmosphere mmm.

Also I didn't bother watching the PV; but was that the
end of the arc? and we should expect a time-skip next week?

Shergal

Also I didn't bother watching the PV; but was that the
end of the arc? and we should expect a time-skip next week?

Yeah, next week is a huge 12-years timeskip. I wonder how much the established characters and their dynamic will have changed in that much time...

Westlo

So apparently the Australian release of Nisemonogatari has the commentaries, but the Aniplex of America page still doesn't say anything about them. Then again, the AU release is in two parts and won't be out until May.

I don't even know who Hanabee are but thank fuck for that, this should be reasonably priced as well i guess. Maybe I should have a look @ what the Australian scene is like these days, Madman is obviously still around but I wonder if Siren are.

stryke

I don't even know who Hanabee are but thank fuck for that, this should be reasonably priced as well i guess. Maybe I should have a look @ what the Australian scene is like these days, Madman is obviously still around but I wonder if Siren are.

Yep, they're still around.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sailor Moon SuperS 129:

uhh......am I seeing too much in the
scenes where the villains peer into the souls of pure maidens
? Because......yeah.
Remember the placement of black stars on Daimon? This is Ikuhara we're talking about. Of course you're not seeing too much into it.

FOR KIDS

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon SuperS 135:

Depressed art teacher = my type. I don't know what that says about me.

And wow, if Chibiusa wasn't so pure, Tigers-Eye's harebrained scheme this episode would have totally owned everyone just a few episodes into the season. Dumb luck is really a villain's greatest weapon in this show.

that thing in the last scene = totally not necessary, even if there was nothing inherently wrong with it.

Sailor Moon SuperS 136:

top left: yup, pure maidens

Man, what an episode this was.
Usagi full-on NTR paranoid, Rei ruined for marriage, Yuuichiro tries to fucking kill his romantic rival, and some super-wahjah nanpa (thanks to Sailor Moon S for teaching me that term) from two desperate guys.

I also noticed this episode that Fish-Eye has lizard hands. Gross.

Sailor Moon SuperS 137:

GAF would sure love Fish-Eye's first wish after taking over the world.

So, we're really learning about everyone's proclivities this week.
Tigers-Eye likes 'em young, Hawks-Eye prefers MILFs, there's a dude who only wants to fuck fairies, and.......Fish-Eye is actually a dude?

Y'know, they actually got away with a couple of surprisingly compromising positions between Fish-Eye and fairy fucker dude.

Sailor Moon SuperS 138:

geez could they ease up a bit on the NTR paranoia this season? It feels like it comes up almost every single episode now.

and motherfuck could the villains in this season be any more despicable douchebags?
Not only does Hawks-Eye get off to widows (seriously, just think about it for a minute), but he disguises himself as a widowed woman's dead husband to seduce her and the shock hurts her so badly that she ends up fucking hospitalized because of it.
Just die, villains. Just. Die.

jgminto

Yep, fuck that shit, the first OP is leagues better.

No way. Second OP is stylish as fuck. It perfectly suits Battle Tendency. It's one of those OPs that is just a perfect mix. Visual/Audio/Relevance to show. The original had some of that, but the visuals weren't that great and the song carried it. Also Bloody Stream > So No Chi No Sadame.

No way. Second OP is stylish as fuck. It perfectly suits Battle Tendency. It's one of those OPs that is just a perfect mix. Visual/Audio/Relevance to show. The original had some of that, but the visuals weren't that great and the song carried it. Also Bloody Stream > So No Chi No Sadame.

Definitely.

CorvoSol

Finally you have seen the light. Talho is magnificent.

Talho always had a magnificent pair of :chet design, but she was an insufferable bitch until recently.

You're almost there man! Wait until you get to the half way point!

Kinda crazy how 20 episodes isn't even halfway.

Enjoy the ride. The episodes in the 20s are amazing. Amazing.

Doesn't the show nosedive again? I swear someone said it does.

Only a third of the way there, if you count Eureka AO!

Should I watch that? I mean, I don't know how I feel about sequels. The Second Raid was amazing, and Endless Waltz was worth it for the redesigned Gundams (there is seriously not one Gundam in Wing that isn't better in Endless Waltz), but Destiny was awful bar like, 4-6 episodes (Which are: Attack on Lacus' Estate, Athrun's Escape, Murrue meeting Roanoke, Kira crashing Cagalli's wedding, and Ramius and Roanoke part two.) The action was good but all the new stuff was bad to Shinn shit really bad. And Prince of Darkness was just . . . such a let down.

Sequels to Mecha anime are rarely good, in my short experience.

Shakugan no Shana Final 24

So the final fight besides ended up being a poorly animated battle between some shiny medieval robot and a six headed bear. I wonder if there's some symbolism going on there.

Whatever. Done with this damn show. I can rejoice and hopefully watch something better.

That sounds awesome. What could be bad about that?

A translated version for you all.

7M76IIn.jpg

Is this more of that brother loving stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom