• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

Magi - 14

These last two episodes really show how good the show could have been. I don't know the reason for the sudden improvement but I'll go and say that A-1 transferred some of the SAO staff here after it ended.

cajunator

Banned
Look for other communities?

Like what? animeleague?

Puchimas - 15

DVOXO8d.gif

Dat power level.

Next time on Puchimas!

R8SVIJm.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*prepares to hnnngh

Theonik

Aren't stereotypical Osakans obsessed with money and making jokes? And no, I didn't just read this on Wikipedia, I'm sure I've read that somewhere - plus Osaka as birthplace of manzai etc. etc.
Watching too much my little sister can't be this Osaka-ben.

zeroshiki

Aren't stereotypical Osakans obsessed with money and making jokes? And no, I didn't just read this on Wikipedia, I'm sure I've read that somewhere - plus Osaka as birthplace of manzai etc. etc.

I'm actually not sure about the money part but I know about how everyone expects everyone from Osaka to be funny. Most comedians on TV come from Osaka.

Anyways, I was mainly making a comment about how you'd be able to differentiate a typical Osaka in anime since there are barely any.

(Everyone in Lovely Complex is Osakan but I don't think they make a point of saying it)

One Piece 581

Not much happened besides the crew finally seeing the ice half of Punk Hazard and
Monet
showing up for a bit. Still don't like that she has green hair but I'm already used to it.

"Master's"/
Ceaser
laugh is stupid though.

BluWacky

Hataraki Man 2

Aaaaah, still a week behind!

While thankfully this episode didn't have anything in the vein of the first eps "omg teh wimmenz can work if dey act like mangs!!!!!111" stuff
forgive me it's been a long day
I have to admit that the show isn't really doing that much for me. I can't really remember what happened and it's only been about 12 hours since I watched the episode... there's nothing to talk about artistically with the show as the animation does its job and nothing else, so none of the visuals have even lingered in my mind!

So this is just a post to prove I watched it. Normal service will resume with episode 3!

Feep

Banned
Wonder if Feep got the part for Haru. He must have with all of our excellent advice.
Not that I could tell you if I did, but considering the number of people who auditioned, I wouldn't find out for a week or two at the earliest. Might even be callbacks. (shrug)

OceanBlue

Aura? What's Aura?

It's an upcoming movie with a similar setup as chuunibyou where the protagonist used to have chuunibyou and the heroine currently has chuunibyou. I'm not really keeping up with it, so other than that, the only thing I remember is that the heroine is voiced by Hanazawa Kana.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Not that I could tell you if I did, but considering the number of people who auditioned, I wouldn't find out for a week or two at the earliest. Might even be callbacks. (shrug)

Cool. Have you voiced anyone else in other animes/games?

Articalys

wonzo

Banned
that they cover similar themes?
the MMO arc from NHK has a similar feel maybe, except that its a real MMO rather than VR
I just dont feel that they are very similar works of fiction
Both series are a staunch critique of anti-social people escaping from the harsh realities of life by retreating to escapist fantasy instead of doing something constructive about their problems. The problem with NHK is that it essentially introduces the "magical girlfriend" Misaki and fundamentally ends up pandering to the very thing it's trying to critique (escapist otaku culture: e.g. dating sims, waifus etc). Compared to the Protagonist in Ressentiment whom is so pathetic that he can't even find solace in his virtual girlfriend he paid a shitload of money for. The later ends up doing a far more effective job of driving home just how bad and ultimately fruitless escapism is.

I've heard that the novels and the manga of NHK are a far more bleak take on the matter and seems to be more inline with what I've read about the author who's still a hopeless NEET living off the royalties of his book.

Uchip

Banned
Both series are a staunch critique of anti-social people escaping from the harsh realities of life by retreating to escapist fantasy instead of doing something constructive about their problems. The problem with NHK is that it essentially introduces the "magical girlfriend" Misaki and fundamentally ends up pandering to the very thing it's trying to critique (escapist otaku culture: e.g. dating sims, waifus etc). Compared to the Protagonist in Ressentiment whom is so pathetic that he can't even find solace in his virtual girlfriend he paid a shitload of money for. The later ends up doing a far more effective job of driving home just how bad and ultimately fruitless escapism is.

I've heard that the novels and the manga of NHK are a far more bleak take on the matter and seems to be more inline with what I've read about the author who's still a hopeless NEET living off the royalties of his book.

anti-social is a pretty broad description
NHKs protagonist is basically a psychotic, paranoid delusional who cant even leave his room
Not really comparable to ressentiment, where hes basically just a caricature of a loser

Theonik

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=82541

I'm not sure how many other NeoGAF members have their own ANN profile page.
Also, your MAL data page has three comments praising your performance on Wipeout.
"Birthday: Unknown" You know what needs to be done Nafe!

Also, how the fuck did they get that picture? Ahahahah

Edit: Oh from my playiridium website
Someone somewhere probably already has a dakimakura of you. Think about that!

wonzo

Banned
anti-social is a pretty broad description
NHKs protagonist is basically a psychotic, paranoid delusional who cant even leave his room
Not really comparable to ressentiment, where hes basically just a caricature of a loser
That doesn't change the fact both both deal with escapism but only one panders to the very same thing it's critiquing thus fundamentally undermining the entire point of the series.

Tried Senran Kagura 01: Now I remember why I can't stand ecchi: the fanservice balance is off. It's kind of too much bouncing for me. I'll try ep2 anyway, just in case.

Jojo 05: Jojo is awesome

Also: hello everyone.

Edit: C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Tried Senran Kagura 01: Now I remember why I can't stand ecchi: the fanservice balance is off. It's kind of too much bouncing for me. I'll try ep2 anyway, just in case.

Jojo 05: Jojo is awesome

Also: hello everyone.

Edit: C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Hello freshmeat!

zeroshiki

In the latest 2ch/yaraon news pickup:

From out of left field, it seems like Studio Gonzo is not yet dead, much to our chagrin. There is some evidence coming out that the Dog and Scissors shit anime is being produced by Gonzo. The evidence being that the Gonzo official twitter suddenly started following the twitter of the author and artist of the LN.

All I can say is that, at least they're not doing Silver Spoon and no one cares about this show.

From out of left field, it seems like Studio Gonzo is not yet dead, much to our chagrin. There is some evidence coming out that the Dog and Scissors shit anime is being produced by Gonzo. The evidence being that the Gonzo official twitter suddenly started following the twitter of the author and artist of the LN.

All I can say is that, at least they're not doing Silver Spoon and no one cares about this show.

Gonzo is dead. They just don't know it yet.

Jarmel

Banned

I actually thought the premise looked interesting enough. Gonzo doing it would kill most of my hype for the show.

Narag

I care. Gonzo is just icing!

Well at least this means I don't have to care about this show anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom