• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
i call pbs facists in progressive clothing.
get help asap

In the latest 2ch/yaraon news pickup:

From out of left field, it seems like Studio Gonzo is not yet dead, much to our chagrin. There is some evidence coming out that the Dog and Scissors shit anime is being produced by Gonzo. The evidence being that the Gonzo official twitter suddenly started following the twitter of the author and artist of the LN.

All I can say is that, at least they're not doing Silver Spoon and no one cares about this show.
C'mon Glass Fleet S2.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I understood, I am "the guy". I just tried to make a joke but since it looked a little violent, I tried to weeten it by saying that I was almost in he same case as you.

Wathever. I'm bad at humour :/
You're speaking to Kayos90. Expect things to be very hit and miss.

Mature

I understood, I am "the guy". I just tried to make a joke but since it looked a little violent, I tried to weeten it by saying that I was almost in he same case as you.

Wathever. I'm bad at humour :/
No you're not, Kayos is just hard to talk to. Not a slight against him.

cajunator

Banned
It's an upcoming movie with a similar setup as chuunibyou where the protagonist used to have chuunibyou and the heroine currently has chuunibyou. I'm not really keeping up with it, so other than that, the only thing I remember is that the heroine is voiced by Hanazawa Kana.

SOLD.

Not that I could tell you if I did, but considering the number of people who auditioned, I wouldn't find out for a week or two at the earliest. Might even be callbacks. (shrug)

Feep, where are you located? I have a friend near NeW Orleans who dreams to do anime/VG voice acting. Took courses in college towards that goal and everything. Can you Pm me some advice to give him about how to get his foot in the door? I'd like to help him out.

Both series are a staunch critique of anti-social people escaping from the harsh realities of life by retreating to escapist fantasy instead of doing something constructive about their problems. The problem with NHK is that it essentially introduces the "magical girlfriend" Misaki and fundamentally ends up pandering to the very thing it's trying to critique (escapist otaku culture: e.g. dating sims, waifus etc). Compared to the Protagonist in Ressentiment whom is so pathetic that he can't even find solace in his virtual girlfriend he paid a shitload of money for. The later ends up doing a far more effective job of driving home just how bad and ultimately fruitless escapism is.

I've heard that the novels and the manga of NHK are a far more bleak take on the matter and seems to be more inline with what I've read about the author who's still a hopeless NEET living off the royalties of his book.

but...Misaki is sooooo cute and sweet. I know she was a manipulative drug addict in the manga but in the anime she is a total sweetheart and I love her.

Up to Episode 8 of Madoka.

This show probably has the best ED of all time.

Not the best, but one of the better ones for certain!

Theonik

It's Shinji in a wig!
iVCVtc7Xfp2wP.jpg

Thoraxes

I'm with Uchip on this one, especially having read the novel.

A lot of people seemed to have missed the point with NHK, big time.

I will say that the novel is the best way to experience the series, but the changes across the 3 mediums in which it was delivered are all pretty interesting interpretations.

She's closer to novel representation in the anime compared to the manga from what I understand about each.

cjkeats

Up to Episode 8 of Madoka.

This show probably has the best ED of all time.

I remember it less as an ending and more for the times it was used during action scenes, like right at the beginning of the series.
So good. I wish I could buy it on iTunes here like the OP.

cajunator

Banned
Characterization change you mention is pretty large regardless of how cute you find things.

I dunno. Her cuteness wasnt really that much by design. She wasnt given any particularly moe traits. Her personality just resonated with me. She was portrayed pretty much as a realistic lonely girl with major esteem issues. I just happened to LOVE that characterization and felt sorry for her.

It's an upcoming movie with a similar setup as chuunibyou where the protagonist used to have chuunibyou and the heroine currently has chuunibyou. I'm not really keeping up with it, so other than that, the only thing I remember is that the heroine is voiced by Hanazawa Kana.

I'm on board with this!

I should finish tracking down the rest of the NHK manga volumes. I did like the anime, for what it's worth.

Thoraxes

I'm on board with this!

I should finish tracking down the rest of the NHK manga volumes. I did like the anime, for what it's worth.

Get the novel too if you can, it's well worth it and a nice read.

It's a lot better for describing the mentality of Satou because there's lots of text dedicated to the workings and processes of his inner-mind.

Get the novel too if you can, it's well worth it and a nice read.

It's a lot better for describing the mentality of Satou because there's lots of text dedicated to the workings and processes of his inner-mind.

It's a bit pricey at least on Amazon, but I'll try to go for it. I guess the cost would be about the same between that and getting the rest of the manga (I have the first couple volumes).

Ixion saga DT - 15

This was a very enjoyable episode with a cool running gag and several piece of fun .
it was also flooding with references to various games. it does help that kon is a gamer.

Ixion%20Saga%20DT%20-%2015_01.jpg

I see that our hero also think that fetch quests used as fillers aren't a good thing in rpgs .

The capital is ... "unique" i really doesn't want to live in there and the royal court is as awefull as it should be.
It wouldn't surprise me that the king is actually hiding his true intentions and that everything is an act to him.

i know that every capital has an underground side that shouldn't be seen but still this one is kinda overkill. how the heck do they keep pace with a setting like that ??

Still this anime does seems to remember that a plot is in place and i'm very happy to see that some things are moving as expected on that aspect . While i do hope that she isn't forced to marry ( i enjoy the character ) i think that they will have to treat this issue properly at least once.

Ixion%20Saga%20DT%20-%2015_02.jpg

Best disguise ever ! can't wait.

Well it seems that this is the route they have choosen to adapt so i'll see.

The new ED is not bad but very disapointing after the first !

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
  • Refuse to look up information for yourself
  • wait what
  • Have trouble picking up on sarcasm/humor.

Those seem to reoccur a lot.

- It's more fun/amusing and enjoyable to ask you than to ask. Plus most of the time it's safer.
- Sorry I actually don't know stuff.
- Well... I'm bad at it. It's not like I can help it.

Those are only a few things. Just because of that doesn't mean I"m difficult to talk to. If anything, it's difficult to get jokes across. That I can understand. Difficult to talk to? That's harsh, no?

- It's more fun/amusing and enjoyable to ask you than to ask. Plus most of the time it's safer.
- Sorry I actually don't know stuff.
- Well... I'm bad at it. It's not like I can help it.

Those are only a few things. Just because of that doesn't mean I"m difficult to talk to. If anything, it's difficult to get jokes across. That I can understand. Difficult to talk to? That's harsh, no?

It's just fun to give you a hard time about things. Don't take any of it personally. Everything's in good fun here.

cj_iwakura

Midway into Episode 9.

Yeah, escalating quickly.

I have to wonder: is the PSP game any good? Dungeon crawling does seem like a natural fit, given the 'witches create labyrinths' theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom