• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuticle Tantei Inaba - 02
Cuticle%20Tantei%20Inaba%20-%2002.jpg

The best character has arrived !!!

Well the new characters aren't bad and the comedy still works ... and my impression of the show hasn't changed .

it's awesome !

Just TYPE MOON creations.

Thanks.

I was hoping for something more. Really loved Tsukihime and Sinners and was hoping there was connection established in the newest Fate series (haven't seen yet). I'm at the same point with Clamp stuff as well in that you have these series that don't seem like they'll be getting anymore animes which leaves me searching for connections to other works just so I can extend the fiction a bit further :(

cajunator

Banned
But none of these things change the fact she acts as the cute girl that suddenly swoops into the guys life to try and "fix" him. It doesn't matter what her motivations are, she's purely there to act as panderbait to the audience. The series would've been a far more accomplished take on the matter without her.

No need to be an ass about this.

Normally a character like that is, but not in this case. she isnt a particularly cute design in moe terms. She looks kind of artistic girl next door cute. VERY cute in my opinion because I love girls like that, but shes REALLY fucked up in the head because of her past. Yes, she came into Sato's life and Otaku no doubt love that part, but she had a very legitimate reason to do so. Just because she happened to come off as extremely cute to a group of people who like that sort of character does not make her panderbait. It means she resonated with myself and others, but not that she was necessarily designed merely as moeblob panderbait, because she wasnt. She didnt have any particular quirks or moe tics. she was just a normal but emotionally fucked up girl.

Steroyd

I dont know, I thought it was kind of forgettable. I cant even remember it even.

Me neither.

I can't recall the OP nor the ED.

All I remember from Madoka was contracts. Maybe it was a show about Magical Lawyer Girls.

One of the rare cases where effort has been put into an OP and ED song sounding right in setting the right tone, with Magia being executed flawlessly at the end of episode 3 to indicate "rainbows and shit ain't happening here" and this is what happens? *shakes head*

No wonder Shaft's OP's and ED's have been disappointing of late.

OreImouto 01

But whatever, at this point, it can only go up compared to Shana.

True, but it's all relative to how much you'll rage against Kirino.

I'm sorry but I needed to do this

Please forgive.

bow.gif
Fo' Realz.

Theonik

There sure are a lot of thugged-out asses in here.
I just noticed it does tags too:
Jexhius tag said:
In every last muthafuckin age, up in every last muthafuckin place,
the deedz of pimps remain
the same
Cajunator's tag said:
AnimeGAFz phattest thug of cute
jgminto's tag said:
Buttocks unclenched.
Now fill mah crazy ass in.
Jintor's tag said:
Lit his dirty ass on fire ta get
a mod ta tag him
I'm dying holy shit.
Edit: I'm slooooooow

cajunator

Banned
One of the rare cases where effort has been put into an OP and ED song sounding right in setting the right tone, with Magia being executed flawlessly at the end of episode 3 to indicate "rainbows and shit ain't happening here" and this is what happens? *shakes head*

No wonder Shaft's OP's and ED's have been disappointing of late.

True, but it's all relative to how much you'll rage against Kirino.

bow.gif
Fo' Realz.

Magia? I cant forget that amazing song. Its stuck in my head when I read the name of it.
M aybe because Im a huge Kajiura fan but I love Magia.

Syrinx

K-ON!! 8

-Kindergarten Yui with a turtle
-Kindergarten Yui with a crayon
-Pineapple Ritsu helping grade school Mio
-Yui on the floor with the pillow.

Need I really say more?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon SuperS 139:

This is the most adorable episode about child neglect of anything I've ever watched.

Sailor Moon SuperS 140:

Somehow I get the feeling that this episode probably never aired outside of Japan, for several reasons :lol The homoeroticism was off the charts. Makes me wonder even more what the season would have been like if Ikuhara had had full creative control over everything.

Sailor Moon SuperS 141:

wooooooooooow.

"stamina"

"two-timing"

"any harder and my 'dream' is going to crumble!"

Minako da best

Sailor Moon SuperS 142:

Okay, there's definitely no real criteria for being a pure-hearted maiden. This episode confirms it.

I hope Monsieur Chef is happy that
he wasted the best fucking years of his life just for the sake of pride and now both he and his waifu are withered and old and unable to enjoy the fruits of his labor
. pyrrhic victory total

wonzo

Banned
Normally a character like that is, but not in this case. she isnt a particularly cute design in moe terms. She looks kind of artistic girl next door cute. VERY cute in my opinion because I love girls like that, but shes REALLY fucked up in the head because of her past. Yes, she came into Sato's life and Otaku no doubt love that part, but she had a very legitimate reason to do so. Just because she happened to come off as extremely cute to a group of people who like that sort of character does not make her panderbait. It means she resonated with myself and others, but not that she was necessarily designed merely as moeblob panderbait, because she wasnt. She didnt have any particular quirks or moe tics. she was just a normal but emotionally fucked up girl.
I don't see how you can claim she's just a "normal girl" without any moe tics when you

1. claim she's a "emotionally fucked up girl" in the very same sentence
  2. spend half the post talking about how "cute" she is

The "emotionally fucked up" stuff funnily enough was touched upon in that infamous moe sketch from the very same series!:

Cuticle Tantei Inaba - 03
Again a great episode ... the comedy for this season are pretty great .

Citicle tantei, minami-ke, ixion saga ...all of them excellent!

Cuticle%20Tantei%20Inaba%20-%2003_01.jpg

rage = surpassing your limits !
This episode talked about chocolate and cakes .. they are indeed serious business.
Chocolate shouldn't be underestimated because it can drive a man to despair .
Now that i think about it valentine day is not that far IRL. i guess i should be carefull.

Wait ... i'm not in japan , so i'm not gonna receive any chocolate!!! Dammit !

Anyway , so we get yet again another character for this show a ... loli dog detective girl ?

That's alright i guess they better not treat her as a running joke .

Cuticle%20Tantei%20Inaba%20-%2003_02.jpg

i do! don't underestimate france , stupid goat !

After 3 episode of this show in a row i'm pretty satisfied. The jokes are good, the jabs are quick , the overall package is not bad to look at and they seem to have a good idea as to where they want to go.

Excellent.

cajunator

Banned
I don't see how you can claim she's just a "normal girl" without any moe tics when you

1. claim she's a "emotionally fucked up girl" in the very same sentence
  2. spend half the post talking about how "cute" she is

The "emotionally fucked up" stuff funnily enough was touched upon in that infamous moe sketch from the very same series!:

Just because I THINK SHE IS CUTE does not mean everybody does. Shes nowhere near the typical moe panderbait character. One of the things I liked about Misaki was that they didnt make her panderbait. She was just a likeable character by virtue of her personality, which I have personally encountered such a person before.
I knew a girl like Misaki. She also tried to kill herself because she felt worthless from being abused. Its a realistic characterization, not panderbait. The closest she was to panderbait was trying to lure Sato away from the MMO by dressing as a catgirl and there was a point to that.

Narag

Sailor Moon SuperS 140:

Somehow I get the feeling that this episode probably never aired outside of Japan, for several reasons :lol The homoeroticism was off the charts. Makes me wonder even more what the season would have been like if Ikuhara had had full creative control over everything.

Looks like it did albeit heavily edited.

Sailor Moon SuperS 141:

wooooooooooow.

"stamina"

"two-timing"

"any harder and my 'dream' is going to crumble!"

Minako da best

Theonik

Cajun x Kayos doujin inc
It already exists!
This was edited by me original version by DTL can be found somewhere in this thread.
Edit: Quote to see the link
You can use google translate as an online Japanese keyboard
Google transliterate is somewhat better for this. Also you can probably install a Japanese IME keayboard from the locale setting of your OS of choice.

But, like, how do people in Japan type on keyboards?

I probably sound like a capital-D dumbfuck right now.

It works like this:

* check the box "Allow phonetic typing"
* enter your romajis
* it automatically changes to hiragana
* press space to chose your knajis, switch to katakana, etc...

Also you can download keyboard drivers if you want to writeJapanese veerywhere with your keyboard

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It already exists!
This was edited by me original version by DTL can be found somewhere in this thread.

Google transliterate is somewhat better for this. Also you can probably install a Japanese IME keayboard from the locale setting of your OS of choice.

Chet, Ex, Zel?

Ball is in your court!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom