• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

I really didn't expect Gunbuster to be so
fricking depressing, or remind me of Voices Of A Distant star(aging space travel shenanigans),
but it was still good.

Also if I'm not mistaken, Trinity Soul isn't on Crunchyroll anymore. I'm sure it's awful, but the first episode or two did have my interest.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Tamako Market #2

That was really charming. I'm just totally digging the tone and atmosphere of the show. It's classy as fuck, and they have done a good fucking job of making the unique setting feel lively. And OMG
this show just totally implied YURI; there is no reason for that cut in that sequence otherwise!
. That said, despite my praise for the show thus far, I'm still not so sure about the bird, he feels too wacky for the overall naturalistic tone of the series so far. That said, It's going be interesting to see how his particular arc ties into the rest of the series mmm.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
and "NHK is moe panderbait" isnt reductionism?
I wouldn't know, I haven't watched the thing. The difference here is that the people on that side of the argument have backed their opinions with anything but circular logic and the equivalent of shouting on the interwebz.

Fine, if you want to call NHK moe panderbait, then Hyouka is nothing but moe panderbait. Chitanda is just a dumb moeblob with no depth or realistic characterization. she was designed to sell pillows for otakus to fuck.

Reducto ad absurdum is not exactly the right way to go about this discussion.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sounds like I paid $5 too much when I bought it.

I paid $50 too much. sonofabitch

At least I traded it to someone for Demon's Souls and Deadly Premonition when I was done with it. That's probably considered a human rights violation in some countries.

doesnt make her any less of a moe archetype
naive virgin AI waifu/schoolgirl/loli with a complicated past
they even push the wish fullfilment further by
having him fuck her

Yes, but her perfectness is entirely constructed in order to sell to otakus, and they highlight how pathetic seeking out this wish fulfillment is.

Everything is moe panderbait.

fullmetal_alchemist_brotherhood_04_06.jpg

Uchip

Banned
I wouldn't know, I haven't watched the thing. The difference here is that the people on that side of the argument have backed their opinions with anything but circular logic and the equivalent of shouting on the interwebz.

have they now

Yes, but her perfectness is entirely constructed in order to sell to otakus, and they highlight how pathetic seeking out this wish fulfillment is.

so its basically a longer version of the MMO arc from NHK

wonzo

Banned
doesnt make her any less of a moe archetype
naive virgin AI waifu/schoolgirl/loli with a complicated past
they even push the wish fullfilment further by
having him fuck her
But that's the point. Ressentiment essentially drives home just how pathetic it is.

wonzo

Banned
Fine, if you want to call NHK moe panderbait, then Hyouka is nothing but moe panderbait. Chitanda is just a dumb moeblob with no depth or realistic characterization. she was designed to sell pillows for otakus to fuck.
Reductionism aside, Hyouka isn't actively criticising shit like "waifu's" while pandering with its very own.

zeroshiki

To everyone who was complain about Endless KyoAni Eight:

Congratulations for getting us into Unlimited Welcome to the NHK Works.

I'm not even sure how we can get out of this reality now.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Tetsuwan Birdy: Decode S2 - OVA + ep 1 & 2

1237371-ON0W9SP.gif

Yess.

YES!!!

This is already so much better than S1 >__< They have re-balanced the focus of the show, and now Birdy is at the forefront. An interesting overarching plot has been established and is already speeding along. Please don't falter! I want to like this so much!

The OP is obviously better, but...

S2 ED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> // one million parsecs // >>>>>>>> S1 ED

Birdy S2 ED has little Birdy backflips!?! ARE you shitting me?? Holy shit! :D

tumblr_m1pu9tZzSn1rqyzc2o5_r1_1280.gif

tumblr_m1pu9tZzSn1rqyzc2o6_r1_1280.gif

:D

Narag

I see Hyouka talk getting mixed in. I assume that's like crossing the streams.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
We'll never get S&P3 :/
The world doesn't deserve S&P3. Treasure gave us love, and we responded that love by stoning and skinning its messenger alive. FPS-hell on Earth is all that remains.
I bought the first on VC. Good enough!
Second one is several orders of magnitude better.

All this NHK talk (and the Roundtable discussion earlier) is doing is make me want to watch it now. I need to start dropping current season shows soon.

Uchip

Banned
But that's the point. Ressentiment essentially drives home just how pathetic it is.

I think mia did a pretty good job of that in NHK
not once did they promote the lifestyle that sato was living
quite the contrary

I dont think ressentiment drives home anything simply because its almost entirely composed of obscene comedy, and doesn't have much emotional content.

Reductionism aside, Hyouka isn't actively criticising shit like "waifu's" while pandering with its very own.

Pandering implies that they're taking the tried and tested route to make you feel good
Misaki was so far from that its not even funny

Lain

I was looking at the VA cast of Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?, cause Shiroyashi sounded awfully like Kuroko from Toaru Majutsu no Index (I was right) and came across the VA for that voice command gift girl. Kudou Asuka is voiced by a Austrailian Japanese, Sarah Emi Bridcut. Hopefully this means better english when a show warrants it.

I recognized her right away, which is another reason why the show rocks. I love her voice and the way she talks.

cajunator

Banned
and "NHK is moe panderbait" isnt reductionism?

It totally is. Same thing I am getting accused of.

Reducto ad absurdum is not exactly the right way to go about this discussion.

Im just using their technique against them under an equally baseless assumption.

NO ITS NOT NO ITS NOT NO ITS NOT NO ITS NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Look. This discussion is fucking over. Talk about another show. Just...move on. Please. I dontl ike being like this. Just move the fuck on.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Look. This discussion is fucking over. Talk about another show. Just...move on. Please. I dontl ike being like this. Just move the fuck on.
For you to call people to stop discussing something you don't like is quite ironic.

That said I do agree people have exacerbated this... thing too much. Chill out guyz. Especially you cajun.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It totally is. Same thing I am getting accused of.

Im just using their technique against them under an equally baseless assumption.

NO ITS NOT NO ITS NOT NO ITS NOT NO ITS NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Let it continue. If it makes us get to the next OT then I'm all for it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

They're entitled to talk about it if they want. Just let it go.

Even if they're dead fucking wrong.

The parts about Misaki being a magical girlfriend made me fucking cringe. She's nothing of the sort. She's not moe panderbait. She's a woman who is desperate for attention in her shallow, pathetic existence of a life. At the core of the show its about two people who've given up on humanity coming to the realization that they haven't given up on each other, and I think the anime does a much better job with this theme than both the manga and the novel.

Syrinx

K-ON!! 9

That old lady was adorable.

Yui and Azusa form a duo for a talent show that Yui''s neighbor told her about. They practice and study for finals together, which happen to be at the same time. Not one of my favorite eps, but it had it's moments. I like how Yui introduced Azusa to her neighbor as Azu-nyan and the neighbor thought that was her actual name and was calling her that. Also, Yui pulled a miracle out of her ass on the finals. She was falling asleep during them, for crying out loud.

I'm farther than cajunator. Haha, cajunator.

cajunator

Banned
For you to call people to stop discussing something you don't like is quite ironic.

What hes saying is absolutely wrong. Im not backing down from that assertion. Misaki is NOT panderbait and is nowhere near that. This like saying any girl who has a personality that someone likes is panderbait. So therefore EVERY character is pandering. Thats obviously not always true. Its not true in this case either.

LEts just drop this. Please. I feel quite strongly about this and as much as I love NHK I will only say shit I will regret later in its defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom