• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think ressentiment drives home anything simply because its almost entirely composed of obscene comedy, and doesn't have much emotional content.

There's plenty of serious moments in Ressentiment. And if you're criticizing otaku culture, I think obscene comedy is a pretty good direction to go.

Jarmel

Banned
I was looking at the VA cast of Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?, cause Shiroyashi sounded awfully like Kuroko from Toaru Majutsu no Index (I was right) and came across the VA for that voice command gift girl. Kudou Asuka is voiced by a Austrailian Japanese, Sarah Emi Bridcut. Hopefully this means better english when a show warrants it.

Speaking of, I recognized the voice for the blue demon girl in ep 2 but couldn't place it. Looked it up and it turned out to be Kuroko. lol

Uchip

Banned
There's plenty of serious moments in Ressentiment. And if you're criticizing otaku culture, I think obscene comedy is a pretty good direction to go.

of course, the extremely ugly charicatures are perfect for the subject matter
and it deserves an anime adaptation pronto, even if its somewhat censored
as long as they make her look less like a little boy D:

the serious moments are so few and far between, at least thats how I remember it
that or its just really hard to take seriously

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Basically!

This is how I identify pandering. Have I been pandered to? Let me check my pants... yep, looks like it's pander.

It depends on the pandering! I don't consider moe pandering to be something measured by the male phallus. I thought Moe was the closer to a heart attack, the more moe.

K-ON!! 9

That old lady was adorable.

Yui and Azusa form a duo for a talent show that Yui''s neighbor told her about. They practice and study for finals together, which happen to be at the same time. Not one of my favorite eps, but it had it's moments. I like how Yui introduced Azusa to her neighbor as Azu-nyan and the neighbor thought that was her actual name and was calling her that. Also, Yui pulled a miracle out of her ass on the finals. She was falling asleep during them, for crying out loud.

I'm farther than cajunator. Haha, cajunator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVCPanyl7aM
Yeah, not one of my favorites, but the whole routine they end of doing is really cute.
I refuse to believe that Yui can pass any of her classes legitimately. Her father must be paying huge bribes.

Her parents are never around though. She's just one of those kids that if they actually put their minds to it, they can actually achieve a lot.

cajunator

Banned
K-ON!! 9

That old lady was adorable.

Yui and Azusa form a duo for a talent show that Yui''s neighbor told her about. They practice and study for finals together, which happen to be at the same time. Not one of my favorite eps, but it had it's moments. I like how Yui introduced Azusa to her neighbor as Azu-nyan and the neighbor thought that was her actual name and was calling her that. Also, Yui pulled a miracle out of her ass on the finals. She was falling asleep during them, for crying out loud.

I'm farther than cajunator. Haha, cajunator.

Yup, you passed me lol. Ill watch some more tomorrow probably.
Had some shit to do this weekend. Didnt bring K-on with me.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon SuperS 143:

You mean Pegasus, who (presumably) isn't even relayed to the Crystal Millennium stuff, had the ability to power up the senshi but previous central narrative allies/"allies" like Pluto couldn't? wtf

Sailor Moon SuperS 144:

Sweet, a beach episode! Nothing could possibly ruin th--oh. It's an Ami episode.

Damn if this episode didn't have the cutest MotW ever, though. hnnng

Sailor Moon SuperS 145:

fillerzzzzzzz. If I wasn't a completionist I probably would have just skipped to the Lemures battle in this one.

Sailor Moon SuperS 146:

These ball monsters are the best fucking thing in the whole season. Still, even though this was a Satou episode and had moments of his signature lively, madcap comedy and character interaction, the "naive gaijin royalty gets a tour of Japanese culture courtesy of the protagonists" plot is something that I've seen just enough times in other stuff that the fact that it was played entirely straight here was a little underwhelming.

wonzo

Banned
NO ITS NOT NO ITS NOT NO ITS NOT NO ITS NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Is too.

as long as they make her look less like a little boy D:

But that's what makes it even better!

the serious moments are so few and far between, at least thats how I remember it
that or its just really hard to take seriously
I can see where you're coming from what with most of the "serious moments" being intermingled with some truly funny shit but I honestly think the grotesque art and comedy actually add's to just how sad and pathetic everything that happens in the manga is.

Dresden

What hes saying is absolutely wrong. Im not backing down from that assertion. Misaki is NOT panderbait and is nowhere near that. This like saying any girl who has a personality that someone likes is panderbait. So therefore EVERY character is pandering. Thats obviously not always true. Its not true in this case either.

LEts just drop this. Please. I feel quite strongly about this and as much as I love NHK I will only say shit I will regret later in its defense.

Just say it instead of letting it bottle up in you. What if your stomach blows up?

cajunator

Banned
Just say it instead of letting it bottle up in you. What if your stomach blows up?

I said it already. At this point Im just repeating it. Hes not backing down. Im not backing down. People agree on both sides so its pointless to continue. I will not change how I feel about NHK or Misaki's characterization.

Narag

I don't understand this story of giving up and delegating. I probably arrived to late and missed its beginning.

Could you explain me please? I'd like to hate a little too
or defend, but hating is funnier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwy412nttI&feature=player_detailpage#t=418s Just pretend he was saying he was supposed to lead us to OT4 rather than bring balance to the force. Dude went on vacation in the hour of our greatest need and we have never forgotten nor will we ever forgive.

trejo

I told y'all hate is what will deliver us to OT-7, not the lovey-dovey crap. Keep up the good work Cajun. You're doing fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwy412nttI&feature=player_detailpage#t=418s Just pretend he was saying he was supposed to lead us to OT4 rather than bring balance to the force. Dude went on vacation in the hour of our greatest need and we have never forgotten nor will we ever forgive.

\thank you for the explanations.

So animegaf's feeling is like:
Game-of-Thrones-The-North-Remembers.jpg

Uchip

Banned

only 2 items? pfft

But that's what makes it even better!

I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not

I can see where you're coming from what with most of the "serious moments" being intermingled with some truly funny shit but I honestly think the grotesque art and comedy actually add's to just how sad and pathetic everything that happens in the manga is.

sad and pathetic is one thing, but only the conclusion had any real emotional punch to it
its still almost entirely a comedy, which is one of the reasons I dont feel like it warrants a comparison to NHK Ni youkoso which was more often than not, a drama.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I said it already. At this point Im just repeating it. Hes not backing down. Im not backing down. People agree on both sides so its pointless to continue. I will not change how I feel about NHK or Misaki's characterization.
Discussion should be more about the exchange of opposing ideas than trying to convince the other side to your cult. You are taking this way too seriously.

wonzo

Banned
I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not

It's really just the way the dude draws people.

sad and pathetic is one thing, but only the conclusion had any real emotional punch to it
its still almost entirely a comedy, which is one of the reasons I dont feel like it warrants a comparison to NHK Ni youkoso which was more often than not, a drama.
Yeah, Ressentiment does lean more onto the side of comedy but I honestly found it a far more frank and honest take on the issues of escapism thanks to the fact it literally pulls absolutely no punches whatsoever, especially with the ending which was some truly hard-hitting stuff.

i actually still like nhk despite the issues i have with it

cajunator

Banned
Discussion should be more about the exchange of opposing ideas than trying to convince the other side to your cult. You are taking this way too seriously.

Its not a cult. Im right about this one.
Im not always right, and in fact the normality is that I am incorrect, but not this time.

Uchip

Banned

its a show that resonates with certain people a lot more than others
though I don't picture Cajunator to be anything like satou, more like yamazaki

It's really just the way the dude draws people.

Yeah, Ressentiment does lean more onto the side of comedy but I honestly found it a far more frank and honest take on the issues of escapism thanks to the fact it lerally pull's absolutely no punches whatsoever, especially with the ending which was some truly hard-hitting stuff.

i actually still like nhk despite the issues i have with it

well its certainly a unique style

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It doesnt matter in this particular case. Its obvious that shes NOT panderbait.
NHK is one of the few shows where the girl isnt. Shows do exist like that.

To you it may not. He thinks you're wrong, you "know" he is wrong. Sounds like a standard debate to me!

cajunator

Banned
Thanks I look forward to seeing that show.
Should prove interesting.

To you it may not. He thinks you're wrong, you "know" he is wrong. Sounds like a standard debate to me!

Which is why I think we should just drop it. Because neither side is going to say "Ok I see your point" Its a stalemate. Kill this argument. Its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom