• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Open Backlog Schedule

Hataraki Man - Monday

Wandering Son - Tuesday

Mouryou no Hako - Wednesday

Windy Tales - Thursday

Starting Monday next week (January 7th)

I'll be posting this again in the coming days in case anyone who was interested missed it.

Narag

One Piece 53

rkvdsl.png

Fuck this shit.

LMLK4l.png

This is alright though.

Watching Smoker wreck Luffy was fucking awesome. I hope the rival crew thing goes somewhere as a result. Also, Richie should have joined up with the straw hats.

cajunator

Banned
Open Backlog Schedule

Hataraki Man - Monday

Wandering Son - Tuesday

Windy Tales - Thursday

I'll be posting this again in the coming days in case anyone who was interested missed it.

Damn.
Thats when I go BACK to work :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have no idea what Extollere was drinking last night, but I've just had I guess eight maybe nine glasses of wine and I'm at least posting in proper sentences.

One Piece 53

Watching Smoker wreck Luffy was fucking awesome. I hope the rival crew thing goes somewhere as a result. Also, Richie should have joined up with the straw hats.

Another warning, you are coming up on what is arguably the worst filler arc in the series. You don't have to do this.

Feel like I'm trying to talk a guy down from jumping off a cliff here.

Jex

Open Backlog Schedule

Hataraki Man - Monday

Wandering Son - Tuesday

Windy Tales - Thursday

Nice. It could even go on the OP or something.

BluWacky

Wait, what the fuck is that writer saying about the fanbase of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

Well they're saying this, if you read the comment on the post:

dark_sage said:
I like it, but I don’t think the flattery surrounding it is honest. People go way out of their way to hype it and its characters up, and because of this it seems like every bit of praise is done tongue-in-cheek. The fanbase is almost entirely inorganic and it shows.

I don't agree with the conclusion ("inorganic"? What does that even mean here?) but I do sometimes wonder how much of the "praise" for Jojo is genuine. Not in this thread, per se, but the endless posting about "oh, it's FABULOUS" etc. sometimes comes across as people taking the piss.

Then again I don't engage with JoJo "fandom" (i.e. the AnimeSuki thread and elsewhere) so I have no idea what extremes people may actually go to.

cajunator

Banned
It does move a bit quickly, but it encompasses dozens of current shows, past show watches or rewatches, news, media, fanart, pretty much the whole spectrum of anime fandom all in one thread.

cajunator

Banned
So you're saying he is more light weight than Kirito on a can of Coca-Cola. He wasn't even allowed a bourbon biscuit he is that bad. That is canon fact.

I have no idea what constitutes a strong drink.
He did mention some drink but I cant remember.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You know what I recommend? Girls Bravo. Because it has tits and humour.

I also recommend Mitsudomoe and Astro Fighter Sunred. They have humour but no tits.

My backlog watching for this season is currently looking like this:

Steins;gate
Baccano
Nana
TTGL
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika

Seems like a good variety of anime to me.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wow this thread has turned into shit after all the monogatari talk. Ugh.

Btooom! 4-END

It was alright and pretty entertaining. The character designs are less than likeable and while Sakamoto prior to the game is an asshole, he comes around to being likable by the end. All in all, it was fairly well-paced and the narrative is pretty good. I thoroughly enjoyed it but I don't care what happens at the end. S2 or not, I'm all good.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have no idea what constitutes a strong drink.
He did mention some drink but I cant remember.
A strong drink is one that punches your lights out.

As for my Kirito reference; for those lucky enough to not have seen the last episode of Sword Art Online, he asked for a bourbon on the rocks so the black dude (y'know, one of the few likeable characters is the show. He ran a shop) gave him some other drink instead. I think it was a tea in a glass which is a crime against tea. Tea goes in a cup see. He should have given him a literal bourbon biscuit on some rocks and then punched him in the face. That would have made the ridiculous number of episode I was forced to watch at gunpoint worth it. Though I suppose punching someone at a congratulatory party is a faux pas.

My backlog watching for this season is currently looking like this:

Steins;gate
Baccano
Nana
TTGL
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika

Seems like a good variety of anime to me.

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey goodbye!

Go_Ly_Dow

Nekomonogatari 1

Am I going to jail?

---

He used to reign supreme at the top of the wall where no one could dare touch him.

but then one day the junior cajunator appeared...

It was a posting blitz the likes of which had never been seen before, leaving him beaten and broken.

Now he's returned...

to terminate the one at the top and take back his rightful spot.

He is...The JexUnator!

image.php

"I'll be back!"

Coming Winter 2013
...maybe

This film has not been rated.

haha awesome!

cajunator

Banned
They say a truly strong drink feels like having your brains smashed out with a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.
Or so Ive been told.

Ohh.
You are going to have SO MUCH FUN.
I totally envy you.

Haha, I hope I do! I would probably have even more fun if my friend didn't accidentally spoil Madoka for me :(

Hopefully Steins;gate can make up for it though!

If I could erase my experience with TTGL, I would do so every month and watch it again.

I feel the same about Steins;Gate and Madoka Magica

You guys are setting my expectations up pretty damn high!

Theonik

I have no idea what Extollere was drinking last night, but I've just had I guess eight maybe nine glasses of wine and I'm at least posting in proper sentences.
Whiskey, a few bottles of wine and other stuff. Later champagne.
He was probably raped too.

cajunator

Banned
Haha, I hope I do! I would probably have even more fun if my friend didn't accidentally spoil Madoka for me :(

Hopefully Steins;gate can make up for it though!

You guys are setting my expectations up pretty damn high!

Oh yes Steins;Gate will almost certainly deliver.
You should punch your friend for spoiling Madoka too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They say a truly strong drink feels like having your brains smashed out with a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.
Or so Ive been told.
Whatever. We all know you're the only one here who owns lemons and gold.

Whiskey, a few bottles of wine and other stuff. Later champagne.
He was probably raped too.

I hope it was his wife and not the neighbour otherwise he may have to write a terrible Light Novel about it.

It may even sell if he pretends the neighbour is a sibling of some sort.

He'll never look at his neighbour in the same light again.

kayos90

Kayos90 likes to play up the drama and over-exaggerate over the silliest things. Ignore him.

Whoa whoa whoa. At least SAO pandered but had good fights/animation and a world that's interesting. What does monogatari have? Only shameless pandering and a "SHAFT pedigree." I'm not saying SAO is the best thing in the world. It's not. In fact, it's bad but nowhere is it as bad as the crap that is monogatari.

Interesting bit of trivia; Kayos is actually 2m55cm tall.

Ouch. T_T

I don't think we're supposed to pull the curtain back like that!

Awww... Thanks!

It's not like people are calling it the anime of the year.

Praise the sun.

At least it's not SAO shitting up the thread.

Well, if I had the choice, it'd be nice to be neither. Then again... I guess this will help move the thread along. Meh.

kayos90

I don't want to be that tall. It's wayyyy too tall. My ideal height is 6ft or around that area. I'm 5'6''. T_T Damn being asian.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What first:

Totoro, Ponyo or Arrietty?

Do you like buses that are like cats? Totoro.
Do you like the Little Mermaid? Ponyo.
Do you like the Borrowers? Arrietty.

Most people will tell you watch Totoro because it is a Ghibli classic. I mean is is the logo after all.

Or you can watch Girls Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom