• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Man, I kind of forgot that anime blogging was even still a thing until you brought this up. It is certainly a realm where you'll find cynics and contrarians exceeding even your lowest expectations.

What's scarier is that they are probably the places where most people get their news and impressions. Anime blogs are the taste-markers, as it were. Which isn't to say that they're all bad, just that the majority of the ones I have encountered have been. Most of my favourites have stopped updating, presumably because they were devoting too much of their precious free time to writing about anime. I can't exactly blame them for wanting to stop.

Shakugan no Shana 03

ope0c.jpg

Not having a Kugiloli outburst will lead to eye problems.

More MC talking, complaining, etc. I guess the plot is starting to at least start.

Jex

thanks everyone :)

will watch Totoro first since it's such a classic, followed by Arrietty (the art is nice) and then Ponyo or another title.

Most of the time, with Ghibli films at least, I just recommend watching them in the order that they were made.

Theonik

This is the order that I endorse as well, simply based on the quality of each individual film. You should really watch Grave of the Fireflies first though, for effective mood whiplash.
Yeah the definitive way to watch Totoro is in Grave dual feature format!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I wouldn't recommend Grave of the Fireflies to anyone, simply because I don't see any value to be had in watching it.

Jex

I'm not saying SAO didn't have those things. I'm saying SAO had stuff that was enjoyable BEYOND that which monogatari doesn't have. If it does have anything that could be worthwhile, feel free to point it out to me. I know I'm heavily biased at this point and I could be persuaded if I really did miss something.

Good, well written characters. Some of them are, anyway. The ratio of good to be bad characters has gotten worse as the series has progressed, admittedly.

Jex

I wouldn't recommend Grave of the Fireflies to anyone, simply because I don't see any value to be had in watching it.

I'd recommend it because it's a good movie, in that it effectively tells a fairly unpleasant story. Assuming that the person asking for the recommendation wouldn't mind such a movie.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Good, well written characters. Some of them are, anyway. The ratio of good to be bad characters has gotten worse as the series has progressed, admittedly.

I watched all of Bakemonogatari and I just hated the series as it went on. It just wasn't... good. Then I watched 2 episodes of Nise and I was like: Fuck this. Not watching.

I guess what you say holds true in that aspect.

Jex

I watched all of Bakemonogatari and I just hated the series as it went on. It just wasn't... good. Then I watched 2 episodes of Nise and I was like: Fuck this. Not watching.

I guess what you say holds true in that aspect.

People like well written characters. If people didn't like the characters there'd be no fan art for them. There's fan for many of monogatari characters. Therefore, the characters in -monogatari are well written.

survivor

Banned
Wow, I'm so short compred to the rest of you. I'm not exactly sure of my height, but my driver's license says I'm 170 cm and I'm assuming it's right.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
People like well written characters. If people didn't like the characters there'd be no fan art for them. There's fan for many of monogatari characters. Therefore, the characters in -monogatari are well written.

Impeccable logic, no wonder SAO is the best anime of 2012.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Oh, I didn't disagree with you in the previous post. I was actually affirming it. lol. My bad if it came across differently.

I guess it depends who you had knock up a drivers licence for you.

I'm surprised his drivers license comes up in cm. Mine are in feet.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Pretty sure Kill Me Baby is anime of the year. 2ch agrees with me. Ignore the other entries above it.

Morris

Disco Devil
Sailor Moon S 113

qiWWd.png

Hotaru is goth as hell. I like her, she reminds me a lot to Rei Kawakubo (Comme des Garçons designer). Also her father (?) got the dumbest evil laugh ever, it never fails to crack me up lol.

So far she's the first outer senshi that I don't dislike. All the other ones are assholes. Pluto is hot but whatevz.

Cwarrior

One Piece 53

Watching Smoker wreck Luffy was fucking awesome. I hope the rival crew thing goes somewhere as a result. Also, Richie should have joined up with the straw hats.

How could you not like the bara bara car Man :(
a clown just split himself up into turning into a tiny car only using an engine and set of wheels in front of your very eyes
, what's not to like?

Warning the next episode is the apis filler arc the lowest point of op anime.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
193 cm here or whatever.

We're definitely making OT2 quickly if we keep this sort of inane conversation up :lol

Dresden

Nah it's just the usual early-thread adderall boost. It'll wear off once the actual shows start airing.

Do you folks not have like, measuring tape around to check out your current height?

Annual checkups at the poor people clinic is where it's at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom