• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 7

DAI42.jpg

Fuck you Shoujoizuku.

wonzo

Banned
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2013-01-01/

Nice writeup on stuff from 2012, good read and I agree with most of it. You guys should check it out.
My head hurts but something about this stood out as it exemplifies not only their shit taste but their complete intellectual laziness when it comes to even the most basic fact checking:

Duo of the Year

Theron's Pick: Lynn Lambretta and Jenny Doolittle, Bodacious Space Pirates

Theron: I was sorely tempted to go with Asuna and Kirito from Sword Art Online, who were arguably the year's premier power couple,​
LOL. Hey guys I was almost gonna pick this just to appease the masses like almost everything else we write!!!!

and Waver and Rider certainly deserved consideration again for the second season of Fate/Zero. Some of the romantic couples which formed in the fall season's romances also merited consideration, too. I ultimately went with this duo because of how unexpectedly neat a pair they turned out to be. The moment in episode 17 where they finally officially admitted to being a couple (as depicted above) was a glorious revelation and doubtlessly made fans who had been shipping them together since the early stages of the series (despite little evidence of such a relationship) deliriously happy.​

I'm 200% sure people we're pairing them together because of it happening IN THE FUCKING NOVELS which had been out WELL BEFORE THE SERIES HAD EVEN STARTED. Great research there ANN.com aka THE INTERNET'S MOST TRUSTED ANIME NEWS SOURCE.

To love Ru Darkness End

Inconclusive end. Expected since it's not like there were many good stopping points. Guess depending on how this does, we can see another season once there's more material to adapt.

SuAGC.jpg

A very special final beam of the week that is completely indiscernible without the following scene.

Noirulus

My head hurts but something about this stood out as it exemplifies not only their shit taste but their complete intellectual laziness when it comes to even the most basic fact checking:

I'm 200% sure people we're pairing them together because of it happening IN THE FUCKING NOVELS which had been out WELL BEFORE THE SERIES HAD EVEN STARTED. Great research there ANN.com aka THE INTERNET'S MOST TRUSTED ANIME NEWS SOURCE.

I'm almost certain that they don't actually believe the vomit they regurgitate, they're just trying to satisfy the masses who love this crap. Same thing with Angel Beats winning AOTY.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm almost certain that they don't actually believe the vomit they regurgitate, they're just trying to satisfy the masses who love this crap.
I assure you they do believe in what they are saying.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
To love Ru Darkness End

Inconclusive end. Expected since it's not like there were many good stopping points. Guess depending on how this does, we can see another season once there's more material to adapt.

I'm pretty sure I can see a dip of a back and the start of a tail, in which case I know exactly what I'm looking at.

Shakugan no Shana 04

Only one outburst? There's no need to save them!

So we get our required infodump while the Kugiloli is stripping. I am disappointed that the busty lady with the funny book ends up fighting as a giant bear. Boring. And I guess the harem is gonna grow.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Those who watched all of Bodacious, does the yuri couple even figure into the show that much after the reveal? "This was my choice because the fans liked it" is such an evasive, empty non-justification for the choice that unless they're actually significant characters from that point on, I have a hard time believing that the ANN writer has any other reason than "lesbians are HOTT".

Something about the hyperboles in that write-up ("glorious revelation", "deliriously happy") make my face twitch.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Those who watched all of Bodacious, does the yuri couple even figure into the show that much after the reveal? "This was my choice because the fans liked it" is such an evasive, empty non-justification for the choice that unless they're actually significant characters from that point on, I have a hard time believing that the ANN writer has any other reason than "lesbians are HOTT".

Something about the hyperboles in that write-up ("glorious revelation", "deliriously happy") make my face twitch.

They had an arc dedicated to them. They weren't exactly throw away characters.

Scene of the Year

Theron's Pick: Madoka makes her wish, Puella Magi Madoka Magica episode 12.
Carl's Pick: The school festival concert, K-ON!! episode 20.

This is 2012 right?

cajunator

Banned
Looks like you guys are having a fun start to the new year. Just saw the news that someone had uploaded all the PRISM BOX videos to Youtube. Now I'm even more confused about what the project is supposed to be. I wonder whey only the Magical Engine video (#2) is twice the length of the others.

Regarding SAO, I still like the source material and think Phantom Bullet wouldn't be quite as reviled should it get an adaptation, but I'll agree that the anime did more to emphasize the flaws in the story than play to the strengths of what's normally supposed to happen when you adapt a light novel for animation.

Prism nana right now is a huge tease.
Madoka whet appetites for the magical girl genre.
We want more damn it :(

That's certainly an enviable backlog. You can't naturally come across five good shows like at the same time.

I recently watched all of Madoka in one day with my friendly. I haven't seriously marathoned a show in some time so it was quite the experience. I was actually surprised how well the show held up to such a serious viewing - it really is the tightest story that Gen has been involved with. It's really quite impressive.

Naturally.
Madoka is a perfect anime series.
It does everything right.

Scene of the Year

Theron's Pick: Madoka makes her wish, Puella Magi Madoka Magica episode 12.
Carl's Pick: The school festival concert, K-ON!! episode 20.

This is 2012 right?

Their criteria for this is:

Only content which sees an official, widespread release in the U.S. market during 2012

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I's been two weeks. People still bitching about SAO? Leave art alone and focus your attention on something worth hating like pervert pillows :(

I'll have you know I went to the Tate Britain yesterday and I didn't touch any of the art since they asked me not to.

Also that pillow is the best news to welcome 2013.

Also I clicked that ANN article and saw it was called Anime in America. Seeing as most streaming is pretty much universal that title is quite ignorant.

EDIT: And I just read the first sentence and even in my drunken state I can tell it was written by a knob. Closing the tab now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
welp, I went ahead and read the entire ANN article, and all I have to say now is that I really regret doing it.
Somehow one of the weirdest parts was how bluntly and openly they threw spoilers into the open. I guess it's a good thing most of what they are discussing is really old.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
welp, I went ahead and read the entire ANN article, and all I have to say now is that I really regret doing it.

Why did you do that? When someone starts their article with "I'm Captain Cock of the SS Cock" you know it's time to close the article.

cajunator

Banned

Bad memories.
Terrible.
Why? Why?
I can never go back...
I cannot unsee...
The horror...
Mommy help me...

SAO is so cliché that it make me want to force myself to finish it.

But I just can't

Dont give in! Fight the urge!

You use 50ppp. That's an unfortunate page admission.

PS. This is a joke.

That should have been gut instinct. I am sorry for the confusion.

Im sure several use 50 ppp.
Myself included.

I watched all of Bakemonogatari and I just hated the series as it went on. It just wasn't... good. Then I watched 2 episodes of Nise and I was like: Fuck this. Not watching.

I guess what you say holds true in that aspect.

For me, senjougahara was such an immensely amazing character that she carried Bakemonagatari.
I dont mind Araragi either as the protag.
The show is such a strange beast.
Literally.

Jarmel

Banned
So I skipped Zetsuen 11 accidentally and it seems I missed absolutely nothing of importance. Holy shit they dragged that conversation out, even in 12 I was wondering when they were finally going to do something.

I'll have you know I went to the Tate Britain yesterday and I didn't touch any of the art since they asked me not to.

Also that pillow is the best news to welcome 2013.

Also I clicked that ANN article and saw it was called Anime in America. Seeing as most streaming is pretty much universal that title is quite ignorant.

EDIT: And I just read the first sentence and even in my drunken state I can tell it was written by a knob. Closing the tab now.

What's a knob? Is that sexual because if you want to have sex with me, I'm not ready yet. Also, I'm not sure if you were thoroughly satisfied by my handling of the situation and closed the tab or if you found me repulsive and closed the tab :S

How can one hate a pillow?

You'd do things you wouldn't, in good-conscience, do to a pillow like: put its casing on backwards, pee on it or replace the stuffing with bees.

So I skipped Zetsuen 11 accidentally and it seems I missed absolutely nothing of importance. Holy shit they dragged that conversation out, even in 12 I was wondering when they were finally going to do something.

Watch 13.

Should I check out Campione? I dropped after the first episode because I didn't enjoy the first episode.

Standard battle harem really. Cool CG swords and wikipedia read battles, it's not very impressive. The harem antics don't help either.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
ZABeF.png

Was this the battle that flashesoflight.gif came from? Because if so........no words.

Somehow one of the weirdest parts was how bluntly and openly they threw spoilers into the open. I guess it's a good thing most of what they are discussing is really old.

Seriously, I'd be pissed if I hadn't seen Madoka and Dusk Maiden already. A "death scene of the year" category? dafuq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom