• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is localising working S2 in america ? is it still NISA ?
Did nobody buy the first season because i don't recall them annoncing S2 ?

No one it seems. Crunchy streamed it but doesn't look like NISA picked it up. I guess it was either too expensive for them or no one bought season 1.

If you look at that manga page properly, it looks like Kirito fucking owning something. lol.
They certainly have the same chest size.
What a long turrible day. Only one cure for that:

K-ON! 4

I sure hope Mugi starts doing something because she's just this walking plot device who is thankfully rich enough to keep things moving along.
Ok, so there's a sense that she's seeking some normal interaction that she's not had a chance to experience so far.

And I learned why Chet favors Mio.

For Mugi, you're gonna have to wait for her time to shine in the second season. Most of what made Mugi, well Mugi, in the manga was for the most part cut out by KyoAni. While the first season just kinda shoves her to the side, the second season emphasizes her other traits more.

And I liked Mio before this episode, it was just an extra topping on an already amazing cake.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Birdy 1

1330726-S2AKG04.jpg

fat ass.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I know I'm really slowpoke on this, but I just discovered the PVs for Kakakata Kataomoi and Joujou Yuujou.

Hyadain is one interesting fellow. Also colors everywhere. COLORS.

Ultimadrago

I know I'm really slowpoke on this, but I just discovered the PVs for Kakakata Kataomoi and Joujou Yuujou.

Hyadain is one interesting fellow. Also colors everywhere. COLORS.

Yes, a man with videos of many colors indeed! I absolutely love those two songs of his as well.

I got around to watching some of his videos last year. I find his work generally catchy (the two awesome Nichijou OPs included).

wsippel

Banned
Just watched Hellsing Ultimate X and Berserk II. Moeblobs are fine and all, but we really need more shit like this. Hellsing was, well, Hellsing. It was just what I expected - bloody, gory, over-the-top fun. Not much to say about it, really. The comedy at the end felt out of place, but all in all, I was satisfied.

Berserk was perfectly fine, but the terrible CGI held it back. I read the manga, so I already know the story. The team had to cut or change stuff to make the Golden Age arc fit into three movies, and I think they did a fine job. Nitpicking aside, the essence was preserved. I was also totally OK with the cameos. They were Chekhov's Gun to newcomers and fanservice to people who know the source material, and didn't really feel out of place, so no harm done. The unexpectedly explicit sex scene at the end surprised me a little. It's certainly faithful, but it made me shudder thinking about the third movie and the depiction of the Eclipse. Probably not gonna be pretty. And that immediately reminded me that I've never hated a fictional character as much as Griffith. Fucking psychopath deserves a fate far worse than death. On the other hand, that was probably Miura's intent, so he did a fine job with the manga, and the movie should do a fine job reaching that same goal if it truly isn't holding back. Still can't get over the fact that this fucking asshole has so many fans and, even harder to understand, fangirls... I miss Hirasawa's amazing soundtrack from the old show, though. Especially Berserk Forces.

Go_Ly_Dow

Freeter Ie Wo Kau 2-3

Recycling, serious fucking business. I'm surprised Seiji didn't know someone was fucking with their garbage in the first place. I mean the bags don't have any labels so clearly there was a person watching them and returning their garbage bag.

The girl the dad was meeting, was she Akari from Seiji's workplace?

I love the end of episode 2 so much. When the music kicks in and you see the road. Looks so majestic!

...and all will be revealed :)

jbug617

Banned
Same here ...i'm kinda worried about NISA , since they haven't annonced Natsume book of friends part 2 yet ...

And still no info on "the daily lives of high school boys" ...

they better show us /annonce something soon !!

This first episode wasn't that bad...but man does this 2 characters have work to do !

Natsume Book of Friends Season 3 is confirmed for a March release and is bluray.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...s-natsume-book-of-friends-season-3-on-blu-ray

Same here ...i'm kinda worried about NISA , since they haven't annonced Natsume book of friends part 2 yet ...

And still no info on "the daily lives of high school boys" ...

they better show us /annonce something soon !!

They are planning on releasing the last two seasons of Natsume separately but with DVD and Bluray this time. Season 3 is up. I'll imagine Season 4 will take more time since it kinda recently aired.

I'll imagine that Nichibros is just another gotta wait enough time from the Japanese release as well.

Defuser

I bet ARMS would have a explanation for that boob jiggling like " Bra wasn't invented back then of course those boobs would jiggle!"

Go_Ly_Dow

Sword Art Online 24-25

So Kirito saves the day, ultimate good defeats ultimate evil and Kirito gets the girl/harem. And I don't give a shit. I could complain about so, so many thing, but I won't because this series has exhausted me.

THE END

Don't worry, I'm sure they will make season 2 :p

You've been in IRC. You've clicked the links. You're ready.

hell, you've even got safesearch (read: babbymode) to rely on

cuilan needs a GAF account :(

Go_Ly_Dow

Tsuritama wherever I was - END

I didn't think the show would wrap up so nicely after how awesome it was getting but wow. The feel for the ending and how it ended was completely how the show felt. The ending was just so damn good. This show is damn good. Wow.

Glad you enjoyed it, tis such a lovely show.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You're ruining the fun!

He has one I think. I think he posted here exactly once, saying it would be his first and last post here.

Found it.
Wandering Son was bomba so I don't expect to see him/her post again :(

K-ON! 5

el oh fuckin' el. Amazing ep. It reminded me of the good parts of Nichijou.
Yeah, these run of episodes are really good. You haven't seen the true face of Sawako yet!
I take it that's what I got a glimpse of in episode 5 with the teacher.
Pretty much. It's downplayed quite a bit in the anime, but it's still kinda there.
This is the first time I've ever noticed Yui actually has breasts. I somehow ignored them even in the beach episodes.

She has bigger boobs than Ritsu.

Kazzy

I take it that's what I got a glimpse of in episode 5 with the teacher.

Mugi is the best, you'll see, they all do...

-----------------------

And as for Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. They say that a picture can paint a 1000 words. Judging by the past few pages, I'm inclined to agree.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Japanese audio commentary alert for ultimate weeaboos:

So, another package of animu came in and I decided to briefly check out some of the features that I was looking forward to.

So Arakawa and Arakawa 2 both have audio commentaries on over half of the episodes on each set... so it's clear that NISA can do these if they want to. So I figure that it's a problem with whoever owns these properties more than any translation or licensing costs. Omigawa makes an appearance in the season 2 commentaries, but strangely, she doesn't have her bleeding ear voice. It seems like she just has a generic high pitched Japanese seiyuu voice like everyone else, so the weird squeaky-scratchy thing is an affectation. Go figure. The commentaries also include one of the producers and the mangaka, so I assume there's a bit more in depth talk about the production of the anime than you would get with a pure seiyuu commentary.

I was half scammed into buying Maria Holic/Maria Holic Alive (Sentai releases) by SDBurton who pointed out that they were on sale and as promised by the interwebs, there are audio commentaries on every single episode of Maria Holic Alive. Episode 2 has the insane combination of Kobayashi + Sugita... it's too bad they couldn't be doing a commentary of one of the various episodes where Sa-chan stalks Gintoki instead. :p
Of course, as I started listening to the commentary, I also realized that I was also watching Maria Holic Alive and that even having Kobayashi and Sugita talking about the episode wasn't enough to get me to actually watch it again. At least it was on sale. lol

This just gets me thinking though... the licensors really need to work harder on getting features and supplemental materials to make their releases more attractive to would be pirates. I've seen commentaries get subbed in releases of "real" films, so I'm glad that this is beginning to be a trend in anime - it's a pretty great value add for someone like me anyhow. At least it's more interesting than the standard Funimation release, which is usually just a dub with a commentary by the dub actors... two things that I have no interest in listening to at all.

Emitan

Demon Tits 1
vlcsnap-2013-01-04-20gkzis.png

Talking boobs!
vlcsnap-2013-01-04-20mjul7.png

I wish my Econ teacher was this hot.

Love how this show isn't taking itself seriously. The only thing that disappointed me was that
her horns are fake

I want to see more of that female knight girl because female knights are ~awesome~.

Joe Molotov

Girls und Panzer 2 & 3

I knew about the awesomeness of Fluffy Hair-chan from the gifs but Low Blood Pressure-san is awesome too!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Girls und Panzer 2 & 3

I knew about the awesomeness of Fluffy Hair-chan from the gifs but Low Blood Pressure-san is awesome too!
"oh look at me I'm fragile and misunderstood boo hoo"

Yukarin > Saorin > Sloth-chan > Miho > a pile of poo > socially displaced flower girl

-Minsc-

Dragon Ball Absalon 1

And so Dragon Ball AF sees the light of day. Certainly a blast from the past.

Onward to SSJ10!

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 31

So, wait, did that girl really like Keiichi, or did she just want to make him a guinea pig for her crazy paranormal shit? Either way, I guess summoning a super-powerful hell demon like that is pretty impressive, even if she (somehow) did it by mistake. It's like how Homer disproved God while filing his tax return.

So even Belldandy isn't immune to the green...whatever the line from Othello is. I wish I could pull off cool shit like that when I'm jealous. One time my brother got to go to the movies and get ice cream when I was sick, and I was jealous as fuck. Would have been cool to cause explosions and shit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom