• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Probably helps that the manga has been translated in English for at least two years now. This would at least explains why it is localized as Kamisama Kiss (cause Viz did it first).
I'm hoping BookScan would post manga sales list soon because I'm very interested in seeing if Kamisama Kiss was a decent hit before the anime aired.

I have a hard time watching Maoyuu because of the useless meat art style.

Should've went with "Be Mne, Hero! I Refuse!"
I still can't stand Demon Queen's design. Well it's not bad on its own, but it sucks compared to the manga one

Defuser

I have a hard time watching Maoyuu because of the useless meat art style.

Should've went with "Be Mne, Hero! I Refuse!"

I'm hoping BookScan would post manga sales list soon because I'm very interested in seeing if Kamisama Kiss was a decent hit before the anime aired.

I still can't stand Demon Queen's design. Well it's not bad on its own, but it sucks compared to the manga one

I only like the manga design because it made female knight look prettier. Other than that I have no qualms for the anime designs.

miyanocchi2axuni.png

I do see there's a Yuno nendo coming out in May...instant preorder.

Shakugan no Shana Special

So a special about secondary/tertiary characters and of course their love troubles. They are still better characters than whatsherface so that wasn't bad and of course when she thinks her rival in love is another guy why the hell not.

Articalys

Hmm... if I'm correctly reading this recent tweet from the official Hunter x Hunter anime account, it says there will be an "important announcement" after the credits of the upcoming Hunter x Hunter Phantom Rouge movie.

DieBuster - End

WOW. What a twist! JUST WOW! Didn't see it coming and I'm now pleasantly content after seeing it. It's as though I've finally arrived at the destination of a journey I never knew I was on :)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I see a bulge there Dresden.

Dat bulge.

wonzo

Banned

trejo

Nekomonogatari Black

The beginning schewed a little too far into Nise territory for my liking but overall I was satisfied with the presentation.

This franchise is definitely at its best when it doesn't stray too far from its regular formula of a girl being burdened by a problem and Arararagi helping her out with said problem while occasionally being a huge pervert. It also made me realize that another of Nise's biggest failings was the lack of Oshino.

Also, dat cat.

Hyouka ep 3-6

With each episode, I am increasingly surprised by how engaged I am in these little mysteries. It's as if I am actually interested in these characters and the mini-adventures that they go on!

I really love that there are at least one or two unique visual scenes per episode that are used whether it be to provide symbolism for a story being told, a neat visual trick to strike a mood, or even something to spice up some exposition. They enhance the scene as well as help to keep my attention during some of the talky parts of the show. I'm really digging it.

stryke

So, we're watching the Kenshin OVAs!! Wow, it's been a long time... At the moment, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing...!

Instantly became one of my all time favourites last year. It was quite convenient as well as that was when the limited edition blurays from aniplex came out. Can't believe it's priced as high as $100 now on Amazon by independent sellers.

Cuticle Detective 1

Yeah, this is amusing. Not amazing or anything, but a good time waster in a season devoid of any stand out shows. Gotta love the wackiness of a werewolf detective with a hair fetish and a cast of misfits.

This also has massive :dtl potential.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Watched the first episode of Hyouka because of all the recommendation in the AOTY thread.
I shan't judge a series by its first episode but it seemed a bit off, just a generic slice-of-life with great production values.

I don't know about you guys, but I've quite had it with the setting of highschool (especially when they romanticize and dramatize it so). Children are stupid and annoying and their problems will always look trivial.
Why must 50% of anime revolve around school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom