• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Girls und Panzer - 1

we need new consoles dammit.

gupwwuml.jpg

this is the worst pos CG I've seen ever. ahahaha this must be a joke, even framerate is bad, panning in the end made me feel ill.

horrible character designs overall, why their skirts so short? I'd probably never touch this anime if it wasn't for the good words, right now I think I must be missing something. maybe tanks are really that interesting, not in rush to watch more right now after this episode.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Girls und Panzer - 1

this is the worst pos CG I've seen ever. ahahaha this must be a joke, even framerate is bad, panning in the end made me feel ill.

horrible character designs overall, why their skirts so short? I'd probably never touch this anime if it wasn't for the good words, right now I think I must be missing something. maybe tanks are really that interesting, not in rush to watch more right now after this episode.

I'm at episode 7. It has gotten significantly better. The episodes are longer and the skirts are shorter!

Thanks but i can't use right stuff.

-------------
Busou shinki 07-12

So i've watched the rest of this anime.

This anime is clearly not bad .. the premise is "special" and can take a while to get used to ..but the staff made sure that the main focus was on the characters rather than a plot or anything else ..
As a result Busou shinki works mostly because they don't care about the rest of the world except when shinki are involved ... the end result is a bunch a verious scenarios leading to plenty of encounters and silly moments.
For the last 2 episode they did try to work a finale by setting an artificial tension/danger but this can't work properly when so many plot holes are present...regardless this was good fun.

The music of busou shinki is forgettable...opening and ending songs included

The animation is well done , but they clearly cut corners at some points..they however didn't hesitate to spent a little more time to polish the 3d effects ( on top of 2d whever they could ) as a result Busou shinki is not bad to look at.
The various battles across the 12 episodes were nicely done ..EP12 was worthy of a finale with some good moments:
Busou%20Shinki%20-%2012.jpg

i can garantee you that it looks better in motion.
The plane episode was kinda cool , but the underground episode was just silly.
however both episodes weren't bad to look at..

THE "Master" however is kinda crap.. his presence in the show is laughable at best , forgettable in most cases. His presense could have been easily wiped from the script at no cost... never again ... thank god the rest of the shinkis compensated for him.

BS managed to keep being entertaining and that's good enough i guess

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 32

Brb, gonna go dial random phone numbers for the next 823 hours.

I gotta say, Keiichi has got some superhuman iron will. I guess staying committed and close to Belldandy is incredibly important to him, which is obviously understandable. But daaaaamn it's gotta be hard to turn down Peorth like that.

Speaking of Peorth, hot daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn. Okay, she's not quite at Urd's level of ultra-fineness, but she's pretty damn close. Why isn't she wearing pants? Then again, I suppose it does fit her nature. Why doesn't Keiichi come up with some random wish, like the 300 bucks he spent on Megumi's camera (okay, seriously, who the fuck charges $300 for a secondhand camera? Especially to her brother)? But I guess I'd want to be careful not to piss off Peorth in this situation either, lest she start trying to move things along quicker.

I'm a bit concerned how this show will handle Peorth going forward. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see.

Cuticle Detective Inaba 1
tumblr_mg4b6gAOLS1qmouyyo1_400.gif

Probably will be my anime of the season, depending on what THE UNLIMITED does. The cast in Inaba is so good with Nozaki Kei being an instant favorite, and then Ogi and Inaba are always wonderful, all male cast with no weakness in characters or nothing so this will just be a plain fun ride, and so much comedy and laughs I had in this and a bit of emotion and stuff.

Hope this gets a licensed release.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Listening to Girls und Panzer's soundtrack. First disc has some good songs, but the leitmotif gets tiresome quickly. Second dics, otoh, is amazing. dat public domain

Girls und Panzer - 1

This first episode isn't that good, it's what comes after that people love. The show just gets better and better as it goes.

Cuticle Detective Inaba 01

401CJ.gif

Goats are useful.

This was an amazing first episode. Completely silly comedy, silly gags, just the sane wackiness of it all. I feel like I was trying my best just not to break out in laughter throughout the episode.

I haven't watched the anime of it yet, but this feels similar in comedy to Azael-san from what I read of the manga. Just less dark humor but much more fun.

The perfect tsundere ratio.

duckroll

Listening to Girls und Panzer's soundtrack. First disc has some good songs, but the leitmotif gets tiresome quickly. Second dics, otoh, is amazing. dat public domain

It's not all public domain! Otherwise Crunchyroll wouldn't have had to cut the best song! Looooool. :(

Syrinx

i've been doing that since 1997 ...

it hasn't worked for me.

i guess i'm missing something.

Maybe your heart isn't frustrated and desiring something. Or...whatever gets you to do it.

I consider myself kinda frustrated and desiring. I think I may have a decent shot!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's not all public domain! Otherwise Crunchyroll wouldn't have had to cut the best song! Looooool. :(
Public domain in countries where copyright isn't fucked up to begin with. :D

Well that would leave us with very few countries, and I don't think they have internet in there. Huh.

survivor

Banned
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 1

Well this was pretty fun. I wanted to find out if the VAs would make initial meeting between Hero and Demon Queen entertaining and they did a good job. Looking forward to when Female Knight gets more screentime.

Anyway, what I wonder about is how much of the LN/manga will they cover. I assume this is a one cour so do you guys think they will have time to cover more than 20 chapters of the manga? The only reason I'm wondering about this is because of this scene from the OP (manga spoilers) which just occurred in chapter 21. So could that mean they are gonna cover it or are they just using random scenes from the series?

Accel World SP06

Sky Raker is a hoot.

You took my queue, second video in a row, watched right at the same time as you.

So much nostalgia from the jet thrusters on Sky Laker and then the ED theme. I really want to run through the anime again, hopefully Viz confirms getting the BD rights for here and stuff, they seemed relatively fast with Tiger & Bunny so hopefully the same for Accel World.

Articalys

Interesting little factoid from Funimation's panel at Anime Los Angeles earlier this evening -- apparently, Kamisama Kiss is their "most popular streaming title ever". No idea what metrics they used to determine that, but that's what they said.

survivor

Banned
Interesting little factoid from Funimation's panel at Anime Los Angeles earlier this evening -- apparently, Kamisama Kiss is their "most popular streaming title ever". No idea what metrics they used to determine that, but that's what they said.

Is that just for seasonal simulcasts or overall? Cause if it's for all their streaming content then I'm surprised it beat One Piece.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
My little fifteen year old sister with little interest in anime actually recommended this to me the other day. :X

firehawk12

Subete no aware

My little fifteen year old sister with little interest in anime actually recommended this to me the other day. :X
It's the safest shoujo of the season, so it makes perfect sense.

It's probably the closest thing to Ouran in recent years, come to think of it.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
It's actually seems popular where I live. The local geek shop here seems to stock a lot of the manga.

Hidamari Sketch S1 + OVA's

I'm sure a lot has been said already about Hidamari Sketch, but suffice to say I loved it. The very unique art style had a lot to do with it, wideface and all. A lot of interesting choices with the background art as well. The characters were all very endearing, with Yoshinoya-sensei and Miyako being at the top of that list. Looking forward to getting into the subsequent seasons.

It's the safest shoujo of the season, so it makes perfect sense.

It's probably the closest thing to Ouran in recent years, come to think of it.

Probably helps that the manga has been translated in English for at least two years now. This would at least explains why it is localized as Kamisama Kiss (cause Viz did it first).

Huh...wouldn't have expected that considering what else is in their catalog.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch S1 + OVA's

I'm sure a lot has been said already about Hidamari Sketch, but suffice to say I loved it. The very unique art style had a lot to do with it, wideface and all. A lot of interesting choices with the background art as well. The characters were all very endearing, with Yoshinoya-sensei and Miyako being at the top of that list. Looking forward to getting into the subsequent seasons.

miyanocchi2axuni.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's one of the reasons I buy Japanese releases.
Yeah, if I could understand Japanese, for something like AnoNatsu which has no hope of getting a BD release here, I'd do that too.

I really don't know who was crazy enough to watch Maria Holic Alive unironically (I bet SDBurton secretly hates it too), but to also watch it again with commentaries... wow. lol

Not that I'd ever pick up Penguindrum, but I'm surprised at how barebones the set seems to be... there really is no rhyme or reason when it comes to which releases get special features.

http://www.abload.de/img/miyanocchi2axuni.png[img][/quote]
I'm curious: Hidasketch > Nichijou? lol

Kagami

In the composer interview in the CD booklet, Hamaguchi says that the director requested the main theme be incorporated into a number of other tracks, and ended up with around 10 pieces that use it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have a hard time watching Maoyuu because of the useless meat art style.

Should've went with "Be Mne, Hero! I Refuse!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom