• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Senran Kagura 3

pervgrampkluya.png

I can't hold all these ninja antics!

The magic behind battle armor (Might not want to see at work)"sounds legit". Not that I'm complaining about these things. Though the
brother intervention
in the middle made me cringe hard in its awful.

Also, what's "Green Hat"'s problem with rich people in loving/spoiling families? If I didn't know her better, I'd think she was raised in a poor family that didn't show love to her.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, uh, apparently my Crunchyroll anime membership has expired. I received this notification six days ago. Even though my account still exists and I've still been using their site and content.

I tried to go and renew, but the only ways they provided for me to do so are CR bucks and snailmail.

Anybody ever deal with this before?
They have their own currency now!? The Novid conspiracies are coming true!

Branduil

So I just learned that there's this small exhibit at the Japan pavilion in Epcot at Disney World called "Spirited Beasts: From Ancient Stories to Anime Stars" which aims to show how creatures like oni, kitsune, etc. are represented in modern-day anime and games and stuff. Here's someone's recent photo gallery of part of it, and here's someone's video walkthrough.

Unfortunately, whoever designed the exhibit didn't exactly get all the details right.

That's rather old news, I'm afraid. I just went there recently and saw it in person, including the infamous Rei, LOL.

Ultimadrago

So I just learned that there's this small exhibit at the Japan pavilion in Epcot at Disney World called "Spirited Beasts: From Ancient Stories to Anime Stars" which aims to show how creatures like oni, kitsune, etc. are represented in modern-day anime and games and stuff. Here's someone's recent photo gallery of part of it, and here's someone's video walkthrough.

Unfortunately, whoever designed the exhibit didn't exactly get all the details right.

Yuck, InuYasha.

Oh hey, it's Tom Nook!

Novid

Banned
Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou ep.1&2
yRRz2hX.jpg

The adaptation of novel, which already has a manga adaptation.

So, it's about that girl who knows a ton of things about old books. This knowledge allows her to solve mysteries involving these books. That's actually pretty interesting and the stories are quite clever.
They really nailed the atmosphere of this bookshop, which is a great "HQ" for the characters.
The interactions between the three really different main characters are great, they make a pretty likeable trio, the girl is ridiculously cute, dayum.
The music is... weird. There are some nice tunes, but you also have some electronic tunes that really seem out of place, especially an insert song with autotune and all that shit. Meh.

Still a solid drama so far, waiting for the third episode to be subbed.

let another show Les Moonves can "Take, Take, Take" and dumb down for my infrim uncles

Multiquote-a-go-go!

A lot of the fun of posting in OT is having a blatantly cute anime avatar and watching people recoil in horror.

Evidently my avatar isn't blatant enough. >.>

Eh, those are singles. They're only, like, $15.

I wonder how well the new trend of £5 dance music compilations would do over there. A 60 minute mix CD for a thousand yen, anyone?

Yeah, now that you mention it, it doesn't even have that super ugly ''value package, look we are cheap'' label. Seriously, Manga UK is doing an amazing job. Other companies do this ''Anime Legend'' for their re-printing of older Animes and it looks daft.

51kMA5CVShL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Beautiful!

Nice. Pretty cheap too: £20 for the DVDs and £23 for the Blu Rays, which based on the Amazon.co.uk is a small saving over buying the discs individually.

ix9ePzJrdsClO.gif

let another show Les Moonves can "Take, Take, Take" and dumb down for my infrim uncles
iO7zsjBJh8Ath.jpg

Articalys

That's rather old news, I'm afraid. I just went there recently and saw it in person, including the infamous Rei, LOL.
I'm well aware the exhibit has been there for a while, but I only just learned about it and don't seem to recall it ever being mentioned in the anime threads. If you can find where it was, I'll gladly grievously apologize or whatever you want out of me for the sin of posting old news.

Branduil

I'm well aware the exhibit has been there for a while, but I only just learned about it and don't seem to recall it ever being mentioned in the anime threads. If you can find where it was, I'll gladly grievously apologize or whatever you want out of me for the sin of posting old news.

It's fine, it hasn't been brought up in a while anyways. The wheel of time forever turns, etc.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got this in the mail finally:

Since it's ebay and from China, who knows if it's legit or not. There are no tags and it was wrapped in a plastic bag with another layer of plastic to affix the postage to. lol

Evangelion seems rather out of place there.

Quasar

So, uh, apparently my Crunchyroll anime membership has expired. I received this notification six days ago. Even though my account still exists and I've still been using their site and content.

I tried to go and renew, but the only ways they provided for me to do so are CR bucks and snailmail.

Anybody ever deal with this before?

Not that, but at the start of the month I got a similar notification but didn't see it for a couple of days and then logged into the crunchy site and my account was perfectly fine.

Its like my membership expired before the date where they charge my credit card or something.

Got this in the mail finally:

Since it's ebay and from China, who knows if it's legit or not. There are no tags and it was wrapped in a plastic bag with another layer of plastic to affix the postage to. lol

As long as it doesn't just fall apart on you, I don't think it really matters.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
[Smile Precure] - 3

I don't get what these girls are seeing, Yaoi is a rubbish artist. She better not quit her day job or being doujin-bait.

Wait, what? Who actually managed to drag Jex down to our level? I warned you not to cross the streams, Regulus.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
D'awwwwww at the questionably legit roundcat.
One of the sellers actually has a model:
cXEktzY.png

I went with another seller if only because it was cheaper. But I expect that they're probably the same person. lol

As long as it doesn't just fall apart on you, I don't think it really matters.

Having just seen a special on fake down jackets, I'm more afraid of what might be inside the maru cat. But I'm never going to find out I suppose. lol

One of the sellers actually has a model:
[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cXEktzY.png[/IMG]

I went with another seller if only because it was cheaper. But I expect that they're probably the same person. lol

It looks a lot smaller in your picture than the one with the model.

Unless the model is small herself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What if it's stuffed with actual cats? :(
Well, the program had counterfeit down jackets and when they opened one of them up, it had goose feet and feces in it. :p

It looks a lot smaller in your picture than the one with the model.

Unless the model is small herself.
Oh yeah, that picture is to scale. I was surprised when I went to pick it up because I thought I got a giant bowling ball or something. lol

cajunator

Banned
I was considering a roundcat.
Reminds me of my Android squishable.
My roommate collects squishables, so there is a house full of giant plushies everywhere.
Our place has become a sort of otakuden over the years.

Gundam AGE Episode 17-18 or "Make love, not Mobile Suits."

gAGEep18.png

That's a pretty nice Christmas Tree you've got there.

A few things of note about Gen 2 of AGE:

1. I don't like the opening all that much. The first one was the better one.
2. Yuki Kaji's in this it seems. He's in everything isn't he.
3. Given that this'll take 1/3 of the 49 episodes. They're pacing it a bit slow if this school thing is 3 episodes right?

Yes I burst out laughing when
Asemu found out Zeheart was a Vegan
. I still seem to not care much about what happens to these characters, oh well.

Asemu doesn't really have anything to fight for at the moment. Maybe he too will have a life changing event to make him go insane like Flit. How many crazies is this show going to end up having!?

zeroshiki

You assume that the Disney marketing executives who asked for the new poster actually watched the movie.

You gotta have a boy in the shot. None of those girls with cooties.

EDIT:

I was actually curious and had to know how Disney handled other Ghibli stuff so... are they really that scared of putting girls on posters? I half expected Spirited Away to have Haku on it instead of Chihiro.

princess-mononoke-movie-poster-princess-mononoke-1521768-336-4751.jpeg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well, the program had counterfeit down jackets and when they opened one of them up, it had goose feet and feces in it. :p

Didn't even flinch reading that. We all know that Chinese manufacturing is a dystopian hell of horrors so I'd be more surprised if there weren't animal bits and biohazardous substances in your Roundcat.

I remember him posting how bog standard the first episode of Smile was when it first aired, can't drag someone down who's already at that level.

Once at that level, always at that level?

Narag

Didn't even flinch reading that. We all know that Chinese manufacturing is a dystopian hell of horrors so I'd be more surprised if there weren't animal bits and biohazardous substances in your Roundcat.

What if there's a smaller roundcat in his roundcat like with matryoshka dolls.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
To be fair, not even Amazon has it in stock right now. Stuff must be selling pretty well :lol
More opportunity for Chinese ebayers!

Imagine what is in all our cellphones?!

I was considering a roundcat.
Reminds me of my Android squishable.
My roommate collects squishables, so there is a house full of giant plushies everywhere.
Our place has become a sort of otakuden over the years.
You should get one! It's maru!

It was not meaningless :(
tumblr_m1hclwGLZG1r6313oo1_500.jpg
It was forced , too fast , unrewarding ... kinda like how asemu becomes best friends with the bully guy ..because he saved his life. it happenned and i can't accept the result because not so much happenned to make it intresting or worthwhile. KIRA vs ATHRUN was worthwhile in the first part of seed. They used all the steps, you understand what's at stake , you understand each character motives and so on ..and we got the best thunder fight as a result.

Here they spent 1 year together off screen !

Now they are using every word they can to trully present this anime.

Senran Kagura - 04
Katsuragi is the best.

The loli girl
pulling a mini jet plane from under her skirt was ridiculous.
:lol
She is a ninja after all ..you can bet she has more hidden behind that dress than a punny plane !!

Gundam AGE Episode 17-18 or "Make love, not Mobile Suits."

A few things of note about Gen 2 of AGE:

1. I don't like the opening all that much. The first one was the better one.
The ending song however is good IMO
2. Yuki Kaji's in this it seems. He's in everything isn't he.
3. Given that this'll take 1/3 of the 49 episodes. They're pacing it a bit slow if this school thing is 3 episodes right?
They should have used more episodes with asemu secretly using the gundam and being cluless of xeheart actions.
Yes I burst out laughing when
Asemu found out Zeheart was a Vegan
. I still seem to not care much about what happens to these characters, oh well.

Asemu doesn't really have anything to fight for at the moment. Maybe he too will have a life changing event to make him go insane like Flit. How many crazies is this show going to end up having!?

AH AH AH AH
now that's golden .. see you in more episodes !

Diebuster 1: Topless is cool.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the end of gunbuster, when noriko tear off her clothes?

Jojo 10: Joseph is badass. We'll note that he makes a very appropriate use of weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom