• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoexe

Oh so you've got her too.
Nice!
Her chest isnt really much to see though. Its just a molded part of the normal figma base I think right? I havent really explored the figurine in that kind of detail lol.

Yes it arrived in the morning but im the work so I havent explored her yet.

This is the first thing I'm going to do

mKS08iu.jpg

7GcSzTB.gif

Are they really?
This came totally unexpected .. and yes the episode itself wasn't bad.

Gundam AGE Episode 16 or "Ride like the wind, Gundam!"

So Flit wants to commit genocide. Yay? He gives his son Asemu his AGE System to 'protect' people. To be fair so far those Vegans have been pretty evil . Although "Wiping them from the universe" is not the best way of sorting out your problems Flit.
"anger and sorrow are always the right paths to take when you want to save someone"

I always immediately think of the song on the ost whenever someone says Vegan. Gundam AGE had really awesome musical direction. Asemu was my favorite protag and Zehearto was perfect.
Asemu is the less awefull of the 3 and zehearto is a wasted potential.

That looks kinda cool. Is the 51-episode ZKC required viewing for this to make sense? =.=

NO they reintroduce the prime concepts of the world perfectly in the first episodes.
And if everyone look overpowered that's because they are !

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven 38

So here is what I have managed to piece together about this so-called Summer of Love, Adrock, and Holland's past. And also the past of the whole world of Eureka Seven

A long time ago, human beings left Earth and colonized the living planet of the show. They maintained their ships above the world and left the Sages to govern it. Fast forward goodness knows how long and Norb makes contact with Sakuya, the first human coralian. Norb fails her, though, and they do not go over the Great Wall, which was created by a meteor strike of some sort. After this, Eureka and the Nirvash are discovered, and Adrock and Axel Thurston are tasked with the project.

Here's where things get confusing. Apparently, something goes horribly awry and Adrock and Eureka trigger the Seven Swell Effect, which Adrock cuts short to save the world, removing the Amita Drive and Compact Drive from the Nirvash and vanishing in the flash. This same light leaves Ray Beams sterile, and apparently drives Dewey Novak insane.

Logically, the events of Ciudad del Cielo come next, with Holland Novak leading the LFO team to exterminate the alleged Vodaraq insurgents alongside Eureka and apparently Keingo. The problem with this is that Charles and Holland have a falling out sometime before or after this, in which Charles says to Holland "Adrock is calling for you." Which, unless that's a very vague "I'm sending you to hell" kind of statement, doesn't make sense. But Holland and Charles' fall-out MUST have happened after Adrock's death, because Holland was still a member of the SFO when he met Diane, which was after Adrock's death.

In other words, the missing piece of the puzzle for me is: 1)What the hell happened in the Summer of Love, and 2)What exactly is Holland's relationship with Adrock?

In any case, these were two nice episodes, but I was thinking about Stoner's media war with Novak. Why not take it one step further than "Renton and Eureka a human and a Coralian" and say "Renton THURSTON, the son of the hero in whose name Novak is doing all this madness, a human, and Eureka, a Coralian." I mean, you'd think Renton would be an excellent piece of propaganda.

CorvoSol

I always immediately think of the song on the ost whenever someone says Vegan. Gundam AGE had really awesome musical direction. Asemu was my favorite protag and Zehearto was perfect.

I grant that the music in Gundam AGE, along with its action sequences, are the show's good points.

Here are it's bad points:
Shit character designs
Shit characters
Shit mecha designs
Broken-ass AGE system
Horrid plot.

Zeheart is literally Xehanort from KHII, and worse still looks like freaking Woolf Eneaccle. He's even outclassed by the other villains. He's just there to fill the "PLEASE FAN GIRLS WON'T YOU PLEASE LOVE HIM" box. His friendship with Asemu is meaningless, since its expounded in one montage, and as far as Char clones go, he's lackluster at best.

Asemu is admittedly the best of the two protagonists, though.

Gundam AGE Episode 16 or "Ride like the wind, Gundam!"

So Flit wants to commit genocide. Yay? He gives his son Asemu his AGE System to 'protect' people. To be fair so far those Vegans have been pretty evil . Although "Wiping them from the universe" is not the best way of sorting out your problems Flit.

Flit is a genocidal maniac, horrible father, and absolute monster. And I'm not even 30 episodes in yet. The Vegans would be becoming more sympathetic if they weren't a species of Wile E. Coyote level idiocy.

Did I miss your comments on the football episode? :(

There . . . hasn't been a football episode yet? Episode 37 had a stadium in it, but no football.

Zeheart is literally Xehanort from KHII, and worse still looks like freaking Woolf Eneaccle. He's even outclassed by the other villains. He's just there to fill the "PLEASE FAN GIRLS WON'T YOU PLEASE LOVE HIM" box. His friendship with Asemu is meaningless, since its expounded in one montage, and as far as Char clones go, he's lackluster at best.

It was not meaningless :(
tumblr_m1hclwGLZG1r6313oo1_500.jpg

CorvoSol

It was not meaningless :(
tumblr_m1hclwGLZG1r6313oo1_500.jpg

A 3 minute montage in 1 episode does not an endearing friendship make. Their acting like it did throughout the rest of the show is stupid, because the show never bothered to take the time to develop them into anything worthy of regard.

If the show's creators don't give a damn about Zeheart and Asemu's friendship, why should I? Instead, they took shortcuts to try and cheat us into liking him. Making him pretty and flashy and adding a love triangle as equally unexplained as the rest.

At least the show bothers to show why Asemu is friends with Dique's daughter.

I mean real football, not that silly thing you guys call football but is actually gridiron.

I know what real football is. I lived in Brazil for a few years!

Stop spoiling future episodes, silly.

People keep spoiling things in this show for me. I'm somewhat used to it. As long as it doesn't turn out to be ruining stuff like "HEY BY THE WAY YOU WILL LOVE X AND THEN THEY WILL DIE." I'm fine. Because that'd tick me off.

Kurita

Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou ep.1&2
yRRz2hX.jpg

The adaptation of novel, which already has a manga adaptation.
This story takes place at an antiquarian bookshop on a secluded corner of Kamakura, Japan's ancient capital, called Biblia Antiquarian bookshop. The owner of the shop is Shinokawa Shioriko, a young and beautiful woman who is overly shy and finds it difficult to converse upon meeting someone for the first time. On the other hand, the abundance of her knowledge in antiquarian books is second to none. When she speaks about these classic books, passion overcomes shyness and she becomes the most eloquent storyteller. Shioriko is your guide to unravelling the secrets and mysteries of antiquarian books through her vast knowledge on the subject and sharp observant eyes.

So, it's about that girl who knows a ton of things about old books. This knowledge allows her to solve mysteries involving these books. That's actually pretty interesting and the stories are quite clever.
They really nailed the atmosphere of this bookshop, which is a great "HQ" for the characters.
The interactions between the three really different main characters are great, they make a pretty likeable trio, the girl is ridiculously cute, dayum.
The music is... weird. There are some nice tunes, but you also have some electronic tunes that really seem out of place, especially an insert song with autotune and all that shit. Meh.

Still a solid drama so far, waiting for the third episode to be subbed.

Dead

well not really...yet
Eureka Seven 38

So here is what I have managed to piece together about this so-called Summer of Love, Adrock, and Holland's past. And also the past of the whole world of Eureka Seven

A long time ago, human beings left Earth and colonized the living planet of the show. They maintained their ships above the world and left the Sages to govern it. Fast forward goodness knows how long and Norb makes contact with Sakuya, the first human coralian. Norb fails her, though, and they do not go over the Great Wall, which was created by a meteor strike of some sort. After this, Eureka and the Nirvash are discovered, and Adrock and Axel Thurston are tasked with the project.

Here's where things get confusing. Apparently, something goes horribly awry and Adrock and Eureka trigger the Seven Swell Effect, which Adrock cuts short to save the world, removing the Amita Drive and Compact Drive from the Nirvash and vanishing in the flash. This same light leaves Ray Beams sterile, and apparently drives Dewey Novak insane.

Logically, the events of Ciudad del Cielo come next, with Holland Novak leading the LFO team to exterminate the alleged Vodaraq insurgents alongside Eureka and apparently Keingo. The problem with this is that Charles and Holland have a falling out sometime before or after this, in which Charles says to Holland "Adrock is calling for you." Which, unless that's a very vague "I'm sending you to hell" kind of statement, doesn't make sense. But Holland and Charles' fall-out MUST have happened after Adrock's death, because Holland was still a member of the SFO when he met Diane, which was after Adrock's death.

In other words, the missing piece of the puzzle for me is: 1)What the hell happened in the Summer of Love, and 2)What exactly is Holland's relationship with Adrock?

In any case, these were two nice episodes, but I was thinking about Stoner's media war with Novak. Why not take it one step further than "Renton and Eureka a human and a Coralian" and say "Renton THURSTON, the son of the hero in whose name Novak is doing all this madness, a human, and Eureka, a Coralian." I mean, you'd think Renton would be an excellent piece of propaganda.
IIRC, The Summer of Love was an event which threw off the Trappar energy/balance all over the planet (or something to that effect, its explained by Renton's teacher in the first episode) and in the ensuing chaos, civil war and conflicts erupted.

The shows 4th ED visualises a lot of the conflicts that resulted during/after the Summer of Love

The SOF/Holland/Charles stuff is kind of a seperate matter from the SOL, different conflict, all of that stuff is definitely after.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eureka Seven 38

Your second question actually gets answered by Holland himself pretty soon,
he tells Renton while they take a bath
. You've got most of the pieces, but are wrong about a few things (mainly one big one) that'll get explained later on. Also there's something none of the characters know about coming up soon and after you learn that everything else gets explained and will fall into place. For all it's faults Eureka Seven deals with the plot in a pretty good way, normally all the info would be front loaded or explained badly. Thankfully that isn't the case here.

Also I read
Charles and Holland's thing as happening after the Summer of Love
. Though I don't think it's ever fully explained, I could be mis-remembering though since I'm not as far in my rewatch as you (I'm watching with ToonamiGAF and I don't think we're that far we just got up to Ray and Charles).

Articalys

Looks like a regular edition for the Serial Experiments Lain BD box has shown up on Right Stuf, if you were interested but for some reason the restoration booklet and artbook weren't worth the extra $15 for you.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wait, do you mean Corinthians or Sao Paulo? Or are you asking me if I'm Corinthian? What if I said Flamengo or Sao Paulo?

WHAT IF I SAID GREMIO OR PALMEIRAS?

I'm a SP fan, converted from Flamengo.
Zeroth is an Internacional fan and he hates Corinthians. You pass the test.

As for me, as long as you don't ride the Santos bandwagon that's okay.

CorvoSol

Zeroth is an Internacional fan and he hates Corinthians. You pass the test.

As for me, as long as you don't ride the Santos bandwagon that's okay.

Inter has a cool shirt, but that's about it. I mostly dug Flamengo because girls look cute in the red and black bars. SP was the first team I knew, though, so I stick with it. I also root Goias Esporte and Atletico Anapolino, but that's because I lived in Anapolis, Goias for a long time.

And I loved Bota Fogo because of the name and also the phrase "Bota Fogo no Rabo do Diabo".

jgminto

Senran Kagura 4
If they can add more dress jets, I'll keep watching.

The Unlimited 4
Wow, that was an action-packed episode! Good looking fight scenes throughout. I guess the girls are the heroes of the main story. I didn't really like them, I wonder if that was intentional? The new ED was okay. I liked the visuals of the first better but it wasn't bad.

Kazzy

[Neon Genesis Evangelion] - 1

So, this is my first real exposure to Evangelion, for better or worse. I pretty much know very little about it, beyond character designs, and a few little things through osmosis of the internet. For something which has such a legacy behind it, I'd say that puts me in something of a fortuitous position, because I hate having expectations supersede my enjoyment.

I often consider all the criticism of CG to be a bit overstated, but then you see the mechanical animation at work here and it seems perfectly valid. I can see why some don't like the look of older anime, but I can see from the little I've watched, that when it's done well, it just has a unmistakable appeal to it. I'm sure it has been discussed to death in the past, but there is just a craft to the overall aesthetic, whether it be slightly rough or whatever. It simply exudes personality, and it's something that I do really appreciate. It's probably the thing that struck me most when watching this episode.

I'll not waste much time discussing the plot, because, well, I'm certain that I'm part of a conspicuous minority here! Though I will say that I like the atmosphere of the world so far, and I'm a fan of the "show, don't tell " ethos, particuarly as it relates to a franchise's mythology. But I guess time will tell as to how overt that will aspect will be. It's certainly interesting so far.

Syrinx

So, uh, apparently my Crunchyroll anime membership has expired. I received this notification six days ago. Even though my account still exists and I've still been using their site and content.

I tried to go and renew, but the only ways they provided for me to do so are CR bucks and snailmail.

Anybody ever deal with this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom