• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Gunbuster is priority.
Very well...
Gunbuster 01
iFpATZt2UgPdd.png
ijYxeIGURoRT5.png

Even robots need to stay fit
Is that an Anno cameo or am I seeing things (Also have only a few months and days to the 24th of August!) :SD Burton (if this was an Ikuhara anime those roses would be spinning.) the MC is kinda dumb but she's got guts. Also I didn't know Wakamoto was in this so that is a good surprise! I did not see this shot coming.
Dat manga shading.
All that salt Her ojousama laugh was great too! Art looks pretty great, I liked this shot especially and how the reflections on Coach's sunglasses were done. Plenty of Gainax bounce and there is also these outfits too. This episode was brought to you by JAL
Too late!

Noirulus

Shin Sekai Yori - 6 & 7

Woah! I can actually tell what's going on!

I wasn't too fond of these two episodes. While we do get to see new aspects of Satoru, as he doesn't simply serve the purpose of ragging on Saki, there's not much else to be found. The 'war' lacked excitement and the action was nothing spectacular.

Episode 7 ended in an intriguing manner though, and it looks like the overarching plot will be on the move again.

Mature

Shin Sekai Yori - 6 & 7

Woah! I can actually tell what's going on!

I wasn't too fond of these two episodes. While we do get to see new aspects of Satoru, as he doesn't simply serve the purpose of ragging on Saki, there's not much else to be found. The 'war' lacked excitement and the action was nothing spectacular.

Episode 7 ended in an intriguing manner, and it looks like the overarching plot will be on the move again.
I recall episode 9 being when the show gets back on course in a big way.

Is episode 10 the other Yamauchi directed one?

CorvoSol

Gundam AGE 29

Dear Japan: When you design a character to look specifically like his mother, STOP TELLING ME HE LOOKS LIKE HIS FATHER. See also Cecil Harvey.

Flit is such an ass he doesn't come to see his own damn grandson. Glad to see the show continues its line of stupid ass mecha designs. AGE-2 was cool looking for all of 1 episode, and only because Woolf has good taste. Otherwise this show has by far the worst designs in all of Gundam history. INCLUDING THE PINK GUNDAM AND ZAKU IN GUNDAM SEED.

Oh hey, Wendy and dude look JUST LIKE NOT-FRAU BOW AND DIQUE. Why, again, do we need new characters if they are EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE OLD CHARACTERS? What is the point of all this? 10 GAF bucks says Kio and Wendy's kid inevitably turns out to look like Wendy but is described as looking like Kio.

Hey, and how do I know Kio will be putting his dick in this girl? Uh, hello, when has the first girl introduced in Gundam AGE NOT turned out to be the hero's waifu? Sorry Wendy, but you are SCREWED.

Also, I'm sorry, but Flit has had ample time to attack the Vagan at this point and has not. He has known SINCE HE WAS 12 where their stronghold is, and has had more than enough time to organize an army. He's had at least 20 years since staging a military coup to go and destroy them.

What does he do?
murders his son
and sits on his ass waiting for them to come so the populace will continue to live in fear of them and cling to him for help. Flit doesn't want to commit genocide, oh no, that'd be too easy. Flit wants the Vagan to go on existing until he is ready to die so that all mankind will remember that HE IS A HERO and that HIS GUNDAM is a SAVIOR and that HIS LINE are HEROES and they and their GUNDAMS ARE SPECIAL.

Which loops back to my original hypothesis: The Asuno's set up the Vagan, and Big Mama Asuno planned all of this to leave Flit and his children as heroes no matter what.

This show is sick in the head. You know who I'm rooting for now? The Vagan. Because seriously at this point, no matter how idiotic they are, they are about a hundred times more heroic than humanity. Ideally everyone dies, but I just want Flit to lose everything in the WORST way.

Articalys

'Fumiko's Confession's' Ishida, Fantastic Children's Nakamura Unveil New Anime
Hiroyasu Ishida, the former animation student who created a worldwide online hit with his "Fumiko's Confession" ("Fumiko no Kokuhaku") anime short, and animator Takashi Nakamura (Fantastic Children, Catnapped! The Movie) are both working with Mode Films Inc. and Studio Colorido to create two new anime projects.

Studio Colorido began streaming a 46-second teaser for the new works on Thursday. The video notes that the projects are in production and will be released later this year. Ishida's new work will be titled "Hinata no Aoshigure" and Nakamura's new work will be titled "Shashinkan."

Studio Colorido has not specified what forms these new anime works will take.

Ishida studied in the Animation department at Kyoto Seika University's famed Faculty of Manga. After "Fumiko's Confession," Ishida worked for at least two years with fellow student Shogo Yoshida on the "rain town" anime short as his graduation project. "Rain town" eventually won the grand prize in the 9th Independent Animation Festival (Indies Anime Festa) at Mitaka, Japan in 2011. It was the second year in a row that Ishida won the grand prize; he won in 2010 for "Fumiko's Confession." "Rain town" also won the Excellence Award, STUDIO4℃ Award, and the Ghibli Museum Award at the 7th Kichijoji Animation Film Festival in 2011.

Nakamura is credited as the original creator, director, scriptwriter, and character designer for the Fantastic Children television anime series. He also directed and wrote the original story and screenplay for the A Tree of Palme film, and created, directed, and wrote Catnapped! The Movie. He has also worked as a key animator on Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?, and is credited as adapting Katsuhiro Otomo's characters for animation in Akira.

CorvoSol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIO!

GRAMPA GOT YOU MASS MURDER FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY!

SAVIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

HOLY CRAP THAT VAGAN MECHA IS SHOOTING BLASTER SHOTS FROM ITS PENIS.

Narag

One Piece 61

So, I guess that's the Warship Island arc. I don't get the Apis hate at all but I can understand why this is maligned as it is. This story could have been told in a more concise manner, motivations never really seemed fleshed out, and the strawhats were mostly incidental n Apis' story. Frankly, I think it would have better off as a side story in the same setting but with different heroes helping Apis out so the status quo wouldn't have had to be retained given this being filler. It's almost lampshaded after the break given the crew just happens to be on their old course and headed for the Grand Line (again). I thought the conclusion was sort of sweet as Apis finally found her place ever after
losing Ryuuji

jgminto

Robotics;Notes 15
Okay ep. I've never been a huge fan of Airi, but they certainly introduced some interesting elements this episode. It was also interesting to see a bit more into Kimijima himself.

One Piece 61

So, I guess that's the Warship Island arc. I don't get the Apis hate at all but I can understand why this is maligned as it is. This story could have been told in a more concise manner, motivations never really seemed fleshed out, and the strawhats were mostly incidental n Apis' story. Frankly, I think it would have better off as a side story in the same setting but with different heroes helping Apis out so the status quo wouldn't have had to be retained given this being filler. It's almost lampshaded after the break given the crew just happens to be on their old course and headed for the Grand Line (again). I thought the conclusion was sort of sweet as Apis finally found her place ever after
losing Ryuuji

It doesn't really help that it contradicts later developments.

But yeah, it's not like it's the worst thing ever. Just not up to the quality of canon material for the most part.

Anyway, welcome to the Grand Line! There will be a little sidestory that is super important later, then some setup episodes for the first high scale arc. Will be looking forward to your impressions.

Metrotab

Banned
Mobile Suit Gundam S2 - 19

Saji was telling nothing but the truth right there. Celestial Being is comprised of a bunch of self-indulgent hooligans.

Steroyd

Chihayafuru S2 - 04

MpjebKm.gif

They may as well be throwing panties at him, it'd be less obvious

Surprisingly tense, with Taichi trying to fight his demons.

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 5

First, a couple of quick things:

-Why can I see the characters' eyes through their hair?
-Utena isn't really wearing a boys' uniform, right? I can't imagine somebody's package would be comfortable in those shorts.

Now, as for the episode:

Miki's pursuit of the Rose Bride to be his seems...rife with dissonance. On one hand, he wants his music to come alive through her, and the only way he can have her is to be the dueling champion. On the other hand, he recalls Touga telling him that the Rose Bride can only do what her master (I don't remember if that's the term used, but it may as well be), and during the duel, Miki says he saw it in her eyes that she wanted to be free. I don't know if he was doing it for him or for her. I'm not really sure he knows either.

Speaking of Anthy the Rose Bride, probably the thing I'm most curious about is just why she is the Rose Bride and why she's doing what she's doing. If Miki is to be trusted, she wants to be free. But an earlier conversation she had with Utena comes to mind; Utena asks her straight up why she's doing it, and she said that it's for the same reason Utena wears the boys' uniform: because she likes to. I feel like this may be her not being permitted to tell or being to scared to tell. But on the other hand, maybe she does like it in some weird way, not having control over her life and having people fight over her. If I had to guess now, it's that for some reason she has to, and she's not objecting because she's too scared of what will happen if she does. I shall see.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Revolutionary Girl Utena 5

First, a couple of quick things:

-Why can I see the characters' eyes through their hair?
J.C. Staff.
-Utena isn't really wearing a boys' uniform, right? I can't imagine somebody's package would be comfortable in those shorts.
My guess is that she combines the P.E. uniform with the normal one. It makes no sense why her uniform is so different to that of the rest of the alumni, though.
Miki's pursuit of the Rose Bride to be his seems...rife with dissonance. On one hand, he wants his music to come alive through her, and the only way he can have her is to be the dueling champion. On the other hand, he recalls Touga telling him that the Rose Bride can only do what her master (I don't remember if that's the term used, but it may as well be), and during the duel, Miki says he saw it in her eyes that she wanted to be free. I don't know if he was doing it for him or for her. I'm not really sure he knows either.
One thing that I think is pretty clear from episode one is that the duelists' reasons for wanting the Rose Bride are less than admirable and, most importantly, selfish. Miki is no exception.

I like reading your theories, by the way. Always nice to see people engage themselves with Utena.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
HeartCatch Precure Movie

EVAHCfY.png
WEMwXEI.png

Erika is not pleased with this kid trying to ruin her OTP with Tsubomi

Continued where I left off from last night and realized I was pretty much near the end actually. Anyway, Olivier wasn't too bad (got bonus points for being voiced by Chopper's VA) and the villain Salamander was classy to the max. There was a lot of focus on Tsubomi and Olivier, but they did manage to squeeze in some nice tender moments between Erika and Tsubomi to keep the OTP ship somewhat afloat (example being when
Erika embraced Tsubomi in an attempt to comfort her due to Olivier's voluntary departure
). I like! :D

Very solid movie from a very awesome season.

wonzo

Banned
Chihayafuru S2 4

chihayas24.jpg

Remember how amazing this show used to be before the stupid gag episode? Remember how it'd make something as boring as Karuta incredibly riveting to watch thanks to the top notch direction to build tension? Remember all of that? Well, it's finally back and hopefully here to stay.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yep! Which Precure season should I tackle next?

I'd suggest Futari wa since that's what I'm starting next but I know I'd never be able to keep pace with you so just watch whichever :lol

Though, your options are basically Futari wa, Splash Star, and Yes 5 at this point. Yes 5 sux (and there are about 20 untranslated episodes of GoGo) and it might be nice to save Splash Star for last so that you can compare how it evolved from Futari wa.

Syrinx

J.C. Staff.

My guess is that she combines the P.E. uniform with the normal one. It makes no sense why her uniform is so different to that of the rest of the alumni, though.

Probably accurate. The jacket and shorts clash so much with each other it's hard to imagine they're part of the same uniform.

One thing that I think is pretty clear from episode one is that the duelists' reasons for wanting the Rose Bride are less than admirable and, most importantly, selfish. Miki is no exception.

You're probably right. I do think there is some sort of difference between Miki and, what was that fartfucker's name...Saionji, or whatever? That guy seemingly just wanted her around so he could boss her around and abuse her because he's a disgusting pathetic douchebag. Miki at least seemed to harbor feelings for Anthy, and this was even before he knew she played the piano.

I like reading your theories, by the way. Always nice to see people engage themselves with Utena.

There's so many different directions this show could go. Very interested to see where it goes.

SDBurton

I'd suggest Futari wa since that's what I'm starting next but I know I'd never be able to keep pace with you so just watch whichever :lol

Though, your options are basically Futari wa, Splash Star, and Yes 5 at this point. Yes 5 sux (and there are about 20 untranslated episodes of GoGo) and it might be nice to save Splash Star for last so that you can compare how it evolved from Futari wa.

I can hold off on Futari wa so we can get a simul-watch going with that one. Looks like I'll take on Splash Star next. Any reason why Yes 5 GoGo has 20 untranslated episodes?

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 21: Doria Starzone Encounter, and then...

~ Peace can only be maintained by military might. ~

Wow, I did not expect that. They killed Jessica! The bastards. I hope they get their come-uppance. I really liked her too, I thought she was gonna be a romantic suitor for Yang.
Next episode is going to be Kircheis-centred, it seems. Looking forward to some asskicking by the most competent man in the galaxy.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I can hold off on Futari wa so we can get a simul-watch going with that one. Looks like I'll take on Splash Star next. Any reason why Yes 5 GoGo has 20 untranslated episodes?
I was thinking on maybe watching Futari wa as Doki Doki airs, to compare and contrast where the series began and where it is at the moment. Of course that would mean stretching it out along the whole year, and I don't know if you guys want to do that.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 21: Doria Starzone Encounter, and then...

Wow, I did not expect that. They killed Jessica! The bastards. I hope they get their come-uppance. I really liked her too, I thought she was gonna be a romantic suitor for Yang.
Next episode is going to be Kircheis-centred, it seems. Looking forward to some asskicking by the most competent man in the galaxy.
The tragedies will only continue. ;_;

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Translations for older Precure series have always been slow. Fresh took three years to have a full English translation, for instance, and Splash Star took four. The lack of demand was probably the biggest factor like it is for virtually any niche series. See: Hyouge Mono, Tanken Driland, Souten Kouro, etc.

SDBurton

I was thinking on maybe watching Futari wa as Doki Doki airs, to compare and contrast where the series began and where it is at the moment. Of course that would mean stretching it out along the whole year, and I don't know if you guys want to do that.

It really depends on what MadPierrot wants to do. I'm down for whatever.

Translations for older Precure series have always been slow. Fresh took three years to have a full English translation, for instance, and Splash Star took four. The lack of demand was probably the biggest factor like it is for virtually any niche series. See: Hyouge Mono, Tanken Driland, Souten Kouro, etc.

Ahhh I see. Crazy!

Cwarrior

One Piece 61

losing Ryuuji

Congratulations you've made it to grandline and past the weakest filler arc of one piece which isn't really bad just not up to what you expect from one piece even among filler.

Apis arc is the least liked one piece filler arc of them all and apis being the most hated op character of them all.

Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 04

Intresting ... can't wait to see How the arrogant dude will get his sh*t destroyed next episode.

Shiroyasha taste in clothing is indeed first rate.
1358702016741.gif

Next week will be glorious

Cardfight!! Vanguard Asia Circuit ep 67 (eng dub)
tumblr_mhkj6psVJW1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mhkj6psVJW1qbxqfpo2_500.png

The Golden Paladins clan, Sagramore cards are easily my favorite now. They all have such good designs, Grassland Breeze Sagramore, Precipice Whirlwind, Sagramore, and Battlefield Tempest Sagramore, as well as Zephyr Kid Hayate is a cool card too. Toshiki Kais, Dragon Kaiser Vermillion is way strong and that Limit Break..Speaking of Limit Break, nice evolution or addition of something to enhance the game and make it even better than season one. I can already see how this will make things more challenging especially if they can do it and Crossride too. Now we need Kamui then we can actually start the Asia Circuit (or rather, Singapore Circuit featuring cardfighters from around the world...why isnt it called a world tournament?)

Defuser

Chihayafuru 2 ep 4
Mashima is fucking scary with that memory of his. I could never be that aware or able to memorise that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom