• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 04

Intresting ... can't wait to see How the arrogant dude will get his sh*t destroyed next episode.

Shiroyasha taste in clothing is indeed first rate.
1358702016741.gif

Next week will be glorious

Best gif of 2013 so far.

Gunbuster 5
RcyD9C3.png

7hVRWqp.png

rObNz0h.png

ZIWS5K8.png

I feel like they're trying to tell me something.
Since when did she fall in love with the coach?
I guess boobs just don't bounce as much in space, because this episode had a lot more jiggle than the last 3 episodes. And what the fuck did they do to Kimiko's voice? It was only fucking 10 years man. It's like they didn't even try to get a voice that sounds even remotely close to the same. Fuck you Gainax and fuck you Anno.
The actual Gunbusting part was pretty swell when they weren't just shooting lasers with round pink explosions everywhere. I seriously burst out laughing when they pulled out the cloak. It's rather convenient that there's a door on Gunbuster's hand.
Another episode? Jeez, what else is there to do?
The science in this just doesn't make any sense.
How did they get news of the success of the mission almost immediately when it took them like months for Gunbuster to get out there? Temporary Blackhole? What?
Overall, it was fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The track that plays at the end of Chihayafuru 4 is my ring tone. Fun times.

Who wants to take bets on the next episode's outcome?

They lose, so that they can win at nationals.

Although, I would give super bonus points if
they win, only to lose at nationals again.

wonzo

Banned
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 5

mmy5.jpg

It really does feel like the pacings going way too fast as they're skipping over tons of detail. Of course, that stuff might've just been stuff added to pad out the manga like most of the hardcore economics/agricultural/political stuff is as I don't really have the light novel to go off of here. Still, the stuff with the sea monster's was pretty neat even if it was different from the manga and I'm definitely looking forward to the Female Knight owning shit up in the next episode or two.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Who doesn't
fall in love with Coachi-san
?
I guess boobs just don't bounce as much in space, because this episode had a lot more jiggle than the last 3 episodes.
Being in space means you don't have that silly gravity pulling your meatbags downwards, so there's less resistance when moving around and therefore the potential for GAINAX bouncing is reduced.
And what the fuck did they do to Kimiko's voice? It was only fucking 10 years man. It's like they didn't even try to get a voice that sounds even remotely close to the same. Fuck you Gainax and fuck you Anno.
That's a very specific complaint. lol
The science in this just doesn't make any sense.
How did they get news of the success of the mission almost immediately when it took them like months for Gunbuster to get out there? Temporary Blackhole? What?
Are you talking from Earth's perspective? I need to rewatch this, but I don't think they actually knew at that point if the project had indeed reached fruition, just that the launch or whatever was successful.

P.S. Noriko's body is dayum!

Being in space means you don't have that silly gravity pulling your meatbags downwards, so there's less resistance when moving around and therefore the potential for GAINAX bouncing is reduced.
Wouldn't the fact that there is no gravity that their boobs would be flying all over the place due to their weightlessness? I wonder if NASA has researched this.
That's a very specific complaint. lol
She was the best thing about episode one outside of the Gainaxing. They ruined everything.
Are you talking from Earth's perspective? I need to rewatch this, but I don't think they actually knew at that point if the project had indeed reached fruition, just that the launch or whatever was successful.
After they successfully
blowup the ship the people on earth give a report that it successfully created a blackhole and destroyed over 90% of the enemy forces and that the Earth will feel the shock wave in 6 months or so.
P.S. Noriko's body is dayum!
The Soviet girl is better looking.

Gundam AGE Episode 32 or "The Spy Who Lectured Me."

In this episode
Ms.Pinkhairlady
was found out to be a spy. Kio was quite upset about this. Flit didn't care at all, he cared about protecting the base despite him retiring in the last 20 years.

Anyway, the Vegans are attacking the main base because of
Ms.Pinkhairlady's
information that they gave to them.

OK so this episode was basically a rip-off of the Jaburo arc in Mobile Suit Gundam. The fact that:

1. Zeheart is in a Z'Gok clone, that's painted red.
They planted a bomb.

Next Episode:
Bomba

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Gunbuster]
After they successfully
blowup the ship the people on earth give a report that it successfully created a blackhole and destroyed over 90% of the enemy forces and that the Earth will feel the shock wave in 6 months or so.
I always chalked that up to advancements in
technology in the meantime while she was gone
. It becomes more obvious in Diebuster that
technology also leaves the soldiers behind
, but I guess that's was not in Anno's mind when he made this. It needed some more technobabble, I agree.
The Soviet girl is better looking.
Stuff like this is why it is so weird to watch anime set in the future but made before the Soviet collapse.
Love the new avatar. :lol
I was debating on using either this one or the one with the Paris background. I also have another one with Erika beeing all stalkerish around Tsubomi, which would fit perfectly with Valentine's Day. lol

Robotics;notes - 15

Ok i think i'll have to do the airi route to see how this ends.

Nice way to compress extra information into a set of episode anyway..

However , frau will be forever "the best"

Robotics%3BNotes%20-%2015.jpg

Best character , no doubt

One day one day i'll boot up this game again to do the airi and nae routes !

One day...

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 21 (The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya II)
tumblr_mhkk2xNQAI1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mhkk2xNQAI1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Poor Koizumi continuously denied. Im going to miss everyone when this is done, Ive grown to like them so much and their antics and just commentary, especially Kyon. Haruhi needs to be ejected and ought to leave the thinking to someone else, not writing the script cause it might get leaked, wanting to win a golden globe from a school festival video, leaving everything to editting. I hope this actually turns out super well, and knowing Haruhi, I bet theyll place first.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wouldn't the fact that there is no gravity that their boobs would be flying all over the place due to their weightlessness? I wonder if NASA has researched this.
The boobs are still attached to the girls' bodies, though, and due to their own inertia they have no reason to freely bounce up and down unless they are dragged around by their owners. They will remain stationary unless an extra force comes around to alter their inertia, which is why the lack of gravity is a major reason for the lack of bouncing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 21 (The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya II)
tumblr_mhkk2xNQAI1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mhkk2xNQAI1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Poor Koizumi continuously denied. Im going to miss everyone when this is done, Ive grown to like them so much and their antics and just commentary, especially Kyon. Haruhi needs to be ejected and ought to leave the thinking to someone else, not writing the script cause it might get leaked, wanting to win a golden globe from a school festival video, leaving everything to editting. I hope this actually turns out super well, and knowing Haruhi, I bet theyll place first.

There is still the movie after this season you know, it's arguably the best part in the series.

[Gunbuster]

I always chalked that up to advancements in
technology in the meantime while she was gone
. It becomes more obvious in Diebuster that
technology also leaves the soldiers behind
, but I guess that's was not in Anno's mind when he made this. It needed some more technobabble, I agree.
It's a little weird. They also didn't make any more Gunbusters in those 10 years?
Stuff like this is why it is so weird to watch anime set in the future but made before the Soviet collapse.

It's in an alternate future where the 80s never died!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's a little weird. They also didn't make any more Gunbusters in those 10 years?
Making Gunbusters is expensive, bro. What do you want them to do in an economy that hasn't even invented the smartphone yet?

There's also the problem that you don't want too many weapons of mass destruction laying around in case your political enemies get their hands on them, aliens notwithstanding.

The boobs are still attached to the girls' bodies, though, and due to their own inertia they have no reason to freely bounce up and down unless they are dragged around by their owners. They will remain stationary unless an extra force comes around to alter their inertia, which is why the lack of gravity is a major reason for the lack of bouncing.

Yeah, I know how that works, but they get pushed around inside those machines you'd think they'd start moving.
Of course this doesn't explain the why there wasn't much Gainaxing when they were on the ship that seemed to have perfectly normal gravity.
Making Gunbusters is expensive, bro. What do you want them to do in an economy that hasn't even invented the smartphone yet?

There's also the problem that you don't want too many weapons of mass destruction laying around in case your political enemies get their hands on them, aliens notwithstanding.
Instead they wasted a bunch of money on a giant ship that isn't even ready by then. They chose poorly.

Gundam AGE Episode 33 "Battle of Jaburo Part 2"

This episode is basically a Gundam AGE version of the Battle of Jaburo.

Nothing else to see here.

Next Episode:
Space Pirates. Also a surprising encounter!

Theonik

So many open spoilers here aaaaaaaah
Gunbuster 02
ibiLSRkNpJJBzC.png
id5YolnSovQx3.png

Definitive proof that Putin is indeed planning on starting the Soviet Union again in a couple of years! Also sponsored bots peeping on unsuspecting girls
This episode was very lewd featured :Chet and :SDBurton (with sufficient goggle strength and taken out of context) we also get our first look at
the foe the protagonists are up against.
I like the new girl she has spunk. Some fairly solid drama involving
the MC's father too
I still really like this manga effect they have going and we get more sunglasses reflection sakuga Finally
dat timeskip

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I was debating on using either this one or the one with the Paris background. I also have another one with Erika beeing all stalkerish around Tsubomi, which would fit perfectly with Valentine's Day. lol

Looking forward to it!

=====================

Vividred Operation - 04

cf7rIxn.png

OTP found.

Himawari seems ok so far. Surprised she's actually a genius rather than the typical big breasted ditz that you would image her to be in shows like this. Really liking the chemistry between her and Akari and hoping they have more time together as show moves forward.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So many open spoilers here aaaaaaaah
Gunbuster 02

This episode was very lewd featured :Chet and :SDBurton (with sufficient goggle strength and taken out of context) we also get our first look at
the foe the protagonists are up against.
I like the new girl she has spunk. Some fairly solid drama involving
the MC's father too
I still really like this manga effect they have going and we get more sunglasses reflection sakuga Finally
dat timeskip
Classy censoring.

Gintama 3
tumblr_mhkn6xj65W1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Would have made the episode much better. I dont know, falling into how must long anime have really dull first arcs cause character introduction and backstory have to be introduced so it makes it a bit more. Nonhuman character designs for antagonists didnt help. OP and ED are kind of catchy.

Nafe

Crest of the Stars (Seikai no Monshou)

Episode 12

Ok, it turns out I actually don't really have a lot to mention regarding Episode 12. It basically flips between Lafiel and Spoor being awesome. The space battle action sequences are great as well as the chase on the planet. A good action oriented episode. Spoor and Rica Fukami's begrudging little
even I make mistakes
was amusing. Apparently she can come across as rather cold hearted at times as well.

It is kind of funny how a superior officer will sometimes go into detail in some stories regarding someone's mistake or what they feel is questioning such as how they're approaching things. In this case the conversation with Spoor regarding prisoners. Kind of a minor point but I really like the sound effect used for Lafiel's weapon whereas the soldiers lasers sounded more like toys to start with and then the change when they get to the tunnels makes them sound better.

Also the ending! The fact that there are at least a couple of more sequels kind of dampens the danger I guess. It's still presented in a suspenseful enough manner with interesting visuals though.

Episode 13

It was interesting to see that the final episode was about twice as long as a regular episode coming in at about forty minutes or so. The action at the beginning was good to watch but what happened to the budget after that? Haha. It seems like it got used up by that point as quite a few of the scenes after use long panning shots instead. It shows a lot of footage from earlier episodes as well as it sort of shows what all has happened and how things have perhaps changed. The one scene where
Lafiel and Jinto are in the rocket
doesn't even have the characters lips moving. There's a scene later where it's set up like you have someone doing a monologue and there is a scene playing with characters potentially talking but you don't know what they're saying. Here though, Jinto' kind of monologue seems to be what he's saying in the scene but it's still done in the above style so you pretty much get a scene where the visuals and lip movement are out of synch.

It was sort of interesting seeing all the callbacks with regards to a variety of things such as characters, locations and their developments. When Jinto and Lafiel are riding into town it's revealed what all the tower looking objects they saw were. The fellow from the United Mankind mentions his age might not be what you think and then the scene is dropped. I thought he might be
really an Abh perhaps but it's revealed to be something a little different.
I was wondering if they would get back to that considering how it was approached. Even if they were more blunt with it, pretty much telling you directly, the show also does show how Lafiel and Jinto's relationship has changed such as in the way they trust each other.

You see a bit of development with the extra characters as well.
The group who "kidnaps" Lafiel and Jinto return to help them and maybe don't quite get their own ship but they get to at least be on a ship and part of a crew making decent money it seems. The female leader seems to be the most unsatisfied by this though.

It seems the Febdash system is doing okay as well as you get to see Seelnay and a couple of the other girls who
seem to be doing more space business repairing ships and such.
Maybe one of the most interesting was hearing that
Teal had taken back Jinto's home planet from the Abh. I could see this plot point being returned to in Banner of the Stars.

Unfortunately there wasn't too much screen-time of Spoor and her character model looked a little off to how it had been as well. It seems she
got promoted though!

I suppose finally the last callback I liked was right at the end when Lafiel and Jinto meet again and due to somewhat similar but at the same time very different circumstances she says the line "Lafiel to yobu ga yoi!" or "You shall call me Lafiel!"

Overall I quite liked this show and would put it up there as one of my favorites. I think I might watch that side story special Seikai no Danshou I think it is before moving on to Banner of the Stars. I also need to find a loophole in the AOTY voting to include this in my list of shows for 2013, haha.

BWuZvEa.jpg

I look forward to seeing more of Lafiel and Spoor in Banner of the Stars!
Kahyul too, if he's there.

Gunbuster 6
I guess they wasted all their budget on the previous episode. And I don't mean the fact that it was all in black and white.
It's like they ran out of time and just used the story boards for the battle montage... Though that shirt ripping was pretty hot.
1>5>2>6>4>>>>>>3
Overall the show was good, just not as amazing as some people here seem to claim. Needed more boob bouncing and Gunbusting, and less crying over a guy with a horrible hair cut.

Stoof

After having some free time I was able to watch Steins;Gate and finish out Tonari so I guess now I will catch up on Space Bros. and then watch Gankutsuou this weekend, assuming VLR doesn't suck away my time!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ginga e Kickoff! 34

words.gif. This show is super boring when there's no football. At least the insert music during the montage was good! Actually the Barcelona backgrounds looked very nice too, I'm just too lazy to screencap those.
Unless they wear outfits straight from the 80s, I have no intention of watching Diebuster.
Oh well, at least you didn't hate it.
A true Nonoriri!
Edit: Or maybe not.
It's for the best.

cajunator

Banned
You're asking for it cajun !!

1359758309575.gif

Now that i think about it the concept of this is simple.

Overpowered people fight overpowered people with the main character being "broken"

But why is this show so entertaining ?

HAH! I just wanted to bait people into posting more cute gifs from it :p

After having some free time I was able to watch Steins;Gate and finish out Tonari so I guess now I will catch up on Space Bros. and then watch Gankutsuou this weekend, assuming VLR doesn't suck away my time!

How dare you watch so much great anime in a short time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom