• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Futari wa Precure: Splash☆Star - 01

FmtpNuX.png
7uqel6e.png

Alright pilot episode. Not a fan of the mascots Choppi and Lappi at all but the two girls seem decent at least. We have our sporty tomboyish Saki and our girly (and from what was show during the ED) artsy type Mai. Their hand holding finishing move instantly reminded me of Suite Precure, I just hope this wasn't the predecessor of taking forever to introduce a 4th Precure, if there is even a 3rd girl for that matter. Will continue to watch at a casual pace so I don't burn myself out again.

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 6

Goddamn, if it wasn't obvious enough already, the characters in this show have a very fucked up view of relationships.

I rather like this show's sense of humor. It's hard to put into words, but there's a nice balance between humor in dialogue (Utena and Miki having miscommunications between the topic of conversation and the lunch they're eating, that green-haired dude saying that he and Anthy have a secret love, all while Utena and Miki are giving precisely zero fucks what he is saying) and totally random batshit insane shit (
a motherfucking BOXING KANGAROO coming out of nowhere!
)

Was Utena playing baseball for PE, or was she just playing for the fuck of it? I don't think she's on a team...eh, doesn't really matter.

So, this elementary school kid named Mitsuru saves Nanami from a runaway horse, and she brings him on to be her boyfriend/all-in-one tool/bodyguard. Again, fucked up views of relationships. She wants him to protect her because she thinks her brother is trying to kill her. Turns out Mitsuru was the one behind all her near-misses, because he wanted to practice being awesome. He then wants to be Nanami's little brother. Yeeahhh.

I mentioned earlier that Utena and Miki were hanging out together a lot in this episode, and I thought that was interesting. Seems they're still friends even after their duel over the Rose Bride, and after he said he would fight her again.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Sorry, Extollere, my pal... I just can't see Nono like that! I think she precisely shows flaws beyond what any human could have, and what many would just take for granted; wanting to search for the connection with that (her own) humanity, and create it.

That overly sincere and lacking reaction to the feelings from those around make her emotional responses simple and single-track-minded as a programmed-like spirit of protectiveness and bravery made to replicate so shallowly a worshiped role model that overrides anything else,
and something she complements in the end attaining her own 'being'... her own singularity gained understanding what defined her (and the others) beyond an assigned role or purpose, redeeming her true nature.
That presents Nono as, I think, laudable in a truly equal way.

*sips his wine*

I'm willing to admit that my views on Nono are somewhat brash, being based off of one viewing. I'd be willing to reassess my views after watching it again (as I believe some of the most rewarding experiences in life can be found when challenging one's own opinions), however I think it's unlikely. I simply couldn't find any empathy towards either Nono or Lal'C, like I could with Noriko. But my problems with Diebuster run deeper than my issues with Nono as a character. While I feel that the show puts Nono as the central protagonist (the character who opens the series and resolves the main conflict) it also juggles Lal'C's arch and becomes confused in it's own message. Though I'm sure plenty will disagree with me, and they are entitled to do so. I feel that Diebuster is unnecessary and somewhat frivolous. I do appreciate and respect your viewpoint however /XX/, as you remain an utmost gentleman in my mind - and I'd expect no less than your courteous and intellectual disagreement with any such dispute. You have my gratitude.

Shergal

Doki doki is such a cute title. how could it possibly go wrong?

Lack of good characters and sakuga.

Of course Dokidoki can come out and have some good characters, and even be enjoyable. But I'm almost sure it will look bad and be badly animated, and that's a turnoff.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Revolutionary Girl Utena 6
(
a motherfucking BOXING KANGAROO coming out of nowhere!
)
IKUHARAAAAAAAAAAAAA
He then wants to be Nanami's little brother.
Sure. Little Brother. Suuuuure.

That said Miki is probably the only duelist that isn't a total dipshit.
Diebuster looks kinda horrible. It doesn't even look like a robot.
Are you talking about Dix Neuf? Unless you actually got yourself spoiled on the Diebuster.

Doki doki is such a cute title. how could it possibly go wrong?
Well Everything
Recently the theme of the show was associated with the title ( suite, heartcatch, smile ).. now i can't even think on what could happen with "doki doki"
SDBurton's ongoing journey to transform this place into Precure OT is remarkable.
I don't see anything wrong with that. ( as long as nobody's watching "yes" or "suite" )

HAH! I just wanted to bait people into posting more cute gifs from it :p
^
V

Futari wa Precure: Splash☆Star - 01

Alright pilot episode. Not a fan of the mascots Choppi and Lappi at all but the two girls seem decent at least. We have our sporty tomboyish Saki and our girly (and from what was show during the ED) artsy type Mai. Their hand holding finishing move instantly reminded me of Suite Precure, I just hope this wasn't the predecessor of taking forever to introduce a 4th Precure, if there is even a 3rd girl for that matter. Will continue to watch at a casual pace so I don't burn myself out again.

Nice pick. You will get something out of splashstar if you persist, believe me.
As for the handholding , This was the norm before and then they made "yes!" with 5 girls and hand holding was kinda hard to do so they dropped it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well Everything
Recently the theme of the show was associated with the title ( suite, heartcatch, smile ).. now i can't even think on what could happen with "doki doki"

something something heart-pounding excitement according to Toei or whatever.

I just question that it's going to be the right kind of heart-pounding.

P5nNbEE.jpg

P5nNbEE.jpg

It's alright ! these things must exist for the live action performance they do.. i forgive the existance of the kigurumis.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well Everything
Maybe it means doki doki as in heart beat as in they are gonna be falling in love and and boning peoplez omg. SDBurton on sudoku watch.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

http://i.imgur.com/P5nNbEE.jpg

I still don't get why girls identify with these abominations over normal human girls with coloured wigs.

Is it because the girls are supposed to be 12 and if they had 20-something cosplayers/actual voice actresses come out, it would be even more traumatizing?

I still don't get why girls identify with these abominations over normal human girls with coloured wigs.

Is it because the girls are supposed to be 12 and if they had 20-something cosplayers/actual voice actresses come out, it would be even more traumatizing?

1) it uses a lot of imagination
2) it's close to the anime style used in the anime
3) Better method when you have to change the performer for whatever reason

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Is it just me, or does everyone else think it's only ever guys under those masks. >_>

7Th's got to get that Toei internship somehow.

Kids don't care!

Actually it's probably to protect the identities of the cosplayers from creepy otaku stalkers :lol

edit: Actually actually it's probably just so they can play recordings of the actual VAs speaking their lines while the people in the costumes just silently act out the part. ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Nice pick. You will get something out of splashstar if you persist, believe me.

As for the handholding , This was the norm before and then they made "yes!" with 5 girls and hand holding was kinda hard to do so they dropped it.

Thanks for the heads up!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Miyuki was always ugly with her Princess Leia hairdo anyway.

mmm does this mean I could have gotten a Cure Peace toy last year? omg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
edit: Actually actually it's probably just so they can play recordings of the actual VAs speaking their lines while the people in the costumes just silently act out the part. ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES
If Beyounce can fake it with tape, so can Japanese cosplayers going off a script. lol

I'd assume it's just like any sort of mascot gig and that there are multiple people that play the character and they switch off after a while.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd assume it's just like any sort of mascot gig and that there are multiple people that play the character and they switch off after a while.
There were touring Sailor Moon troops in Canada for a while and that worked!

I still find it funny that apparently Samantha Bee of The Daily Show was one of the Sailor Scouts when she was slumming it before her career started. lol

cajunator

Banned

P5nNbEE.jpg

With that title it at least has some ambition.

Aww. I liked that!

Doki Doki's art style is so bad that it retroactively ruins the Smile characters:

fucking tiny hats

Why do people hate tiny hats so much?
How many of you LIKE tiny hats?

Agreed. They need to be like this

Svou2zG.jpg

I miss this show ;__;

FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ

madp

The Light of El Cantare
There were touring Sailor Moon troops in Canada for a while and that worked!

I still find it funny that apparently Samantha Bee of The Daily Show was one of the Sailor Scouts when she was slumming it before her career started. lol

WHAT

oh wow, it's true. According to google she met her future husband through that. He was playing Tuxedo Mask!

That's at least two bust-sizes too large for Precure. LEWD

Unless it's Fresh. You should really watch it if only because it breaks the mold for the franchise in ways that weren't seen before and haven't been seen since!

FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ FUCK VIZ

Oh no. I watched it so long ago. What did Viz do to it? ;__;

cajunator

Banned
Oh no. I watched it so long ago. What did Viz do to it? ;__;

They licensed it, and did a good job releasing 7 volumes of it then cut off releasing it entirely.
Didnt even release a boxset later or anything. Just let the show die because they are evil heartless fuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom