• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me, did anyone make a .gif of that scene in Fate Zero where Kotomine is getting DRAMATICALLY CIRCLED around by Rin's dad and that old priest while they keep talking?

Nafe

Vivired Operation

Episode 4

XaSKPOI.jpg

While it's true that this show won't exactly win any awards for being very original or having the best writing, it still does comes across as just light hearted fun. The show is set around an island town or city so it's just got this really colourful palette of visuals and everything just kind of has this youthful energetic feel to it. The show kind of reminds me of Rinne no Lagrange in that particular sense and I think the show looks pretty good overall and I like the different main girls designs. The different action pieces were pretty good, fun and nicely animated this episode again. It just seems to be one of those just relax and have fun type of shows.

It's probably just a coincidence but it was pretty funny it worked out that Homura from Madoka and the whole idea of her being nicknamed "Homerun-chan" by fans and the Homura type character in this show, Rei, says the line "Home Run" during the scene pictured above. I think that was her first spoken line as well.

Ultimadrago

Gao Gai Gar 2

ggg82u2d.png

Some nice stuff in this one (2D driving, docking, an antagonist named "Pizza", etc.). At least it was less dull than the first episode. The GaoGaiGar deconstruction and transformation sequence was nice as well. Not surprising as the transformation sequence the one good thing from the first episode.

Metrotab

Banned
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 S2 - 22

Alleluiah: "I'll fight so supersoldiers like
Soma Perez
don't have a reason to exist anymore!"
- cuts to
Soma Perez
standing one meter away

Then, only a fraction of a minute later:
Setsuna: "Let's go... to the other side... of the MOON!"

The writing in this show is pretty damn great.

Syrinx

The iDOLM@STER 13

Glow stix at a concert are lame. Better than cell phones, though.

Uggghhhh at more Miki time. Fuck that. What is it with anime and giving so much screentime to their worst characters? And what the fuck at the typhoon? They were within driving distance to the hall! And the typhoon was affecting the freeway too! Yet it's perfectly fine where the concert is!

And why the hell was Miki so beat after singing TWO songs? She's gonna need a lot more than that to become big. I suppose I can excuse everyone else passing out after it ended cause the whole day was hectic and stressful.

Kagami

Vivired Operation

Episode 4

It's probably just a coincidence but it was pretty funny it worked out that Homura from Madoka and the whole idea of her being nicknamed "Homerun-chan" by fans and the Homura type character in this show, Rei, says the line "Home Run" during the scene pictured above. I think that was her first spoken line as well.

Probably not a coincidence, with her color, apparent story position, handgun in the preview, and the VA preview voice for ep 4 in which they said, "There's a secret in Rei's 5-character line." (5 characters = ほーむらん / home run)
She spoke lines before that at the beginning of episode 1 and toward the end of episode 2.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
GJ-bu 2

So light hearted, yet so lewd. Why didn't I pick up this and Mondaiji at the beginning of the season?

Ah, someone else got to the yuri pandering episode of this show.

It's still as interesting as watching paint dry though. It doesn't help that all the actresses seem to be complete newbies.

BluWacky

I will say, SAO would be infinitely more interesting if Kirito was the Richard III-esque villain trying to control everything rather than the shitty audience-insert protagonist that he actually is.

Kirito would be the most emo, love-sick Richard III ever.

Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by Asuna's love
And all the clouds that lour'd upon Alfheim
In the deep bosom of my cousin buried.

Gundam AGE Episode 42 or "Girard Spriggan, Girard Spriggan, Girard Spriggan"

Flit's 'Moments'.

Flit: Kio, she's an enemy!
Kio has been fighting her for about a minute now you old fool.

Flit: Whatever happened in the past, she's a Vegan now.
So what was the reason why you're fighting now...oh yeah the past!

Flit: I'll exterminate the Vegan.
Plain as day here that Flit is evil.

Kio: Ms Girard had her reasons to leave the Federation.
Flit: I don't care about her reasons.
You know what Flit I don't care about your reasons for fighting either because they're just as stupid as hers.

Next Episode:
Triple Gundam, yep that's the episode title because there are three Gundams on the battlefield. I bet I can come up with a better title.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kirito would be the most emo, love-sick Richard III ever.

Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by Asuna's love
And all the clouds that lour'd upon Alfheim
In the deep bosom of my cousin buried.
lol

I figure he'd be more cynical than emo though!

Gundam AGE, DUH

BRB have to go wash my mouth out with soap.

I couldn't agree more!
Honestly, no don't

Turn A is the best series of Gundam I've watched and I highly recommend it. Also watch anything in the UC timeline, even ZZ because it has it's moments especially OP1 Anime Ja Nai, my favourite Gundam OP with Turn A Turn in a close second.

Kagami

QUEEN BLADE REBELLION TV - 11 & 12
Queen%27s%20Blade%20Rebellion%20-%2012.jpg

AH AH AH what a ride .. this rebellion season was very intresting and quite thrilling at times and so silly ..
I'm glad they didn't pull the "friendship and teamwork" card for the finale but instead i got a "magnifique" turn of events that could have been a bad ending.

Visually this was mostly perfect with some so intresting animation both in the fighting and in the naughty scenes ..i guess a franchise like queen blade can afford this level of detail considering how everything sells.

QUEEN BLADE REBELLION TV VERDICT ( Season ) : EXCELLENT

I went into Rebellion with low expectations because of seeing so many people disappointed with it and the low BD sales, but I think I enjoyed it about the same as the first season of Queen's Blade, thought not as much as season 2 or the Utsukushiki Toushi-tachi OVAs. I dunno, it's been a while since I've seen season 1 so maybe I'm just forgetting, but anyway I liked Rebellion.

It does have some issues here and there.
The OP animation is the lowest quality out of any QB OP/ED (well, other than the non-animated ones, but those actually make a better impression). The show itself looks better than its opening. The episode 11 special ED was gorgeous, but it probably would have been better if they'd put it after every episode. The ending animations to the original QB season 2 added to the show's impact and I think the same would have been the case here if the ep 11 ED had been on every episode of Rebellion. (The ending song itself is pretty awesome. Despite being long-time fan of Tamura Naomi who sings the OP, I like the ED song more.)

Taanyan and Sainyan didn't really get to do much. I would hope they planned to give them a moment to shine in the next season, although I wonder now if season 2 of Rebellion is ever going to happen.

They seemed to be afraid to show any of the small, flat-chested characters topless. Yuit never got a scene at all, Sainyan was relegated to a still illustration in the episode 11 ED, and they even conspicuously covered up
Melona-as-Ymir
. Eilin and Ymir actually do get naked in the bonus short on BD vol. 4, but Ymir suddenly has breasts larger than Nowa's, despite looking completely flat in her Rebellion outfit and the pre-Rebellion OVAs. (Maybe she's been abusing Giant Growth from the Eilin/Ymir gamebook (NSFWish).)

except the mirmir sequences , everything was so queen blade and quite enjoyable
Haha yeah Mirim feels a bit out of place, with that character design and personality. Even Nowa, despite being a little overly innocent and childish for Queen's Blade, doesn't stand out as much as Mirim. I still love Mirim anyway so I was happy she got so much screentime. She and Annelotte are my favorites from Rebellion I think.

i wonder if there is a sequel or an oav that i can watch to pass the time
The only other anime with the Rebellion characters at this point are the two Premium Visual Book OVAs that came out prior to the TV series, which tell backstories for Annelotte and Shigi, and a two-minute long promotional special for Hagure Yuusha which mimics the beginning of the Hagure Yuusha anime using Rebellion characters, as if he'd been visiting that world.

Mr.Jeff

Gao Gai Gar 2
Some nice stuff in this one (2D driving, docking, an antagonist named "Pizza", etc.). At least it was less dull than the first episode. The GaoGaiGar deconstruction and transformation sequence was nice as well. Not surprising as the transformation sequence the one good thing from the first episode.
GaoGaiGar remains fairly kind of basic for a long while and sticking to the "This week, a monster! How will it be blown up this time?!" idea but at some point it decides to go ridiculous and it just becomes a lot more enjoyable.

zeroshiki

I'm gonna assume I'm super late with this and duckroll has already informed you guys about the bad news but Yahoo! News Japan has the Takahata story.

IT'S GONNA BE DELAAAAAAYED!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Isao Takahata's Kaguya Hime will now open in the Fall instead of the Summer. There is no effect on Hayao Miyazaki's Kaze Tachinu's Summer opening.

Ultimadrago

GaoGaiGar remains fairly kind of basic for a long while and sticking to the "This week, a monster! How will it be blown up this time?!" idea but at some point it decides to go ridiculous and it just becomes a lot more enjoyable.

I appreciate the heads up. That sounds much better and what I'd wish out of this.

Here's to waiting on the much needed eventual shift for the positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom