• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam ugh31oerrrtsomethign

There are only like 5 character designs in this show, and when it isn't horribly offensive to my sense of good taste, it's painfully dull. Even the action sequences are ruined by the ever-increasingly stupid mecha designs. This show is literally about Godzilla fighting the absolutely BLANDEST mobile suit design in the history of the world. And sometimes they like, slap some stuff on it and now it is a jundamu.

I . . . hate this show. It's like an abusive and manipulative significant other whose good qualities have long since faded, and whose ability to manipulate you has crumbled, leaving only further and further emotional and physical abuse, from which there is only one escape.

Or it's like being digested, and you work your way through the intestines to the inevitably shitty ending.

WHY ARE THERE ALWAYS KIDS ON WARSHIPS?

Narag

g5S9WP5.png
Friggin' Turn A. First movie might suck so far but hell if it doesn't look nice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just realized that there's one way SAO could be good:

WwNA8ETl.jpg

If Kevin Spacey put on some NERV gear, I'd probably like that show.

I want a Pee Ess Vita for the car. With all the games.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I've heard good things about Turn A. Would it be alright to watch the two movies in-lieu of watching the entire series (you know, if I just wanted the gist of it)?

Mobile Suit Gundam ugh31oerrrtsomethign

There are only like 5 character designs in this show, and when it isn't horribly offensive to my sense of good taste, it's painfully dull. Even the action sequences are ruined by the ever-increasingly stupid mecha designs. This show is literally about Godzilla fighting the absolutely BLANDEST mobile suit design in the history of the world. And sometimes they like, slap some stuff on it and now it is a jundamu.

I . . . hate this show. It's like an abusive and manipulative significant other whose good qualities have long since faded, and whose ability to manipulate you has crumbled, leaving only further and further emotional and physical abuse, from which there is only one escape.

Or it's like being digested, and you work your way through the intestines to the inevitably shitty ending.

WHY ARE THERE ALWAYS KIDS ON WARSHIPS?
You've been Hino'd

Noir 26 (END)

Well this was a good show, though that ending was kind of eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh. Nice action scenes, good ass Yuki Kajiura soundtrack, likable characters, a plot that's sort of dumb but at least easy to understand. 8/10 would recommend.

CorvoSol

I-is that kid really just Dique with a pallet swap? HE IS. Oh but he doesn't LIKE Kio? Oh well, we all know he'll be FORCED TO LOVE HIM AND FLIT by the time this arc is over. SO EFFING PREDICTABLE.

I-is that older woman really getting up in Kio's pants? HEY DID YOU NOT SEE EVANGELION YOU HAVE TO BUILD A RELATIONSHIP BEFORE YOU SPRING THAT ON THE AUDIENCE!

Having Flit for a copilot is the worst kind of fate.

Narag

I've heard good things about Turn A. Would it be alright to watch the two movies in-lieu of watching the entire series (you know, if I just wanted the gist of it)?

God no. A quarter of the way in and it's abandoned all the character building just to hit event highpoints.

Asu no Yoichi 03

That wasn't a bad episode. Mostly because her power is that she gets stronger by stripping. Hell, both of the two new characters seem to get stronger by stripping.

This show is not outstanding but at least it isn't boring.

Mature

Noir 26 (END)

Well this was a good show, though that ending was kind of eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh. Nice action scenes, good ass Yuki Kajiura soundtrack, likable characters, a plot that's sort of dumb but at least easy to understand. 8/10 would recommend.
You should go straight into Madlax then El Cazador de la Bruja. A straight 76 episode march through girls and guns.

I'm only recommending it for my own entertainment, of course.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

WwNA8ETl.jpg

I want a Pee Ess Vita for the car. With all the games.

Kevin Spacey is mai waifu.

Buy a Vita. If its good enough for Spacey-chan its good enough for you bums!

http://i.imgur.com/WwNA8ETl.jpg[/IG]

[SPOILER]I want a Pee Ess Vita for the car. With all the games.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

There is some interest in the fandom for a live action hollywood blockbuster SAO?!

Nafe

I know I sound like a broken record here, but this is the part where I butt in and urge you to watch the first episode of Heartcatch Precure! at least, even if you are not interested on continuing with that show.

Yeah, I definitely want to give Heartcatch PreCure! a watch. We'll see if I can go through it sooner rather than later. I'm one of the ones who likes Umakoshi's designs too.

cajunator

Banned
Toradora it is then!

Excellent! You'll likely not regret it.

Noir 26 (END)

Yes. Noir is probably Bee Train's best one. Some of Yuki's finest work too. The show that made me a Bee Train fan.
Glad you liked it! The ending is ambiguous certainly but I liked that about it. I dont always like an ending to be wrapped up in a neat bow.

Theonik

Waaaaaat?

They are the best thing the show has, its the OTP of the show after all. Really the only source of yuri.
Stop sexualising Yuru Yuris!

I asked the same a little while ago and people told me to just watch the series instead as this was not a case like with Gundam 0079 where the movies are significantly better.

Narag

I asked the same a little while ago and people told me to just watch the series instead as this was not a case like with Gundam 0079 where the movies are significantly better.

One reason I'm watching them is to be able to give a better answer about it all!

Dresden

There is some interest in the fandom for a live action hollywood blockbuster SAO?!

maybe not SAO itself, but the interest is definitely there for a similar premise. Some Young Adult novel (because they're the light novel equivalent in western publishing now) with the same theme will get picked up and make mad bank. Prepare for Jeremy Renner as Kerry Tosh, the genius hacker with two swords and a bevy of waifus.

Narag

I salute thee good sir! Though the answer is no longer important to me it might still help others!

It's just useful to be able to give a real answer rather than "well I think."

At the very least it should motivate me into giving the TV series the rewatch I keep putting off.

Geneijin

Mature

maybe not SAO itself, but the interest is definitely there for a similar premise. Some Young Adult novel (because they're the light novel equivalent in western publishing now) with the same theme will get picked up and make mad bank. Prepare for Jeremy Renner as Kerry Tosh, the genius hacker with two swords and a bevy of waifus.
Nooooo =(

Branduil

I will say, SAO would be infinitely more interesting if Kirito was the Richard III-esque villain trying to control everything rather than the shitty audience-insert protagonist that he actually is.

Kayaba Art Online

Written by Gen Urobuchi
Directed by Ei Aoki
Produced by Ufotable

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Didn't we already get Gamer?

That sounds so good.
It would literally have the opposite arc as the anime. I suppose that would almost be like if the anime was told from the point of view of the guy who invented SAO in the first place.

Theonik

Wheren't you the one who recommended me to watch Pop Chaser?
But this is in the effort of promoting the works of Godnno, I need to think of a better portmanteau for Anno and god, so it's fine!
It's just useful to be able to give a real answer rather than "well I think."

At the very least it should motivate me into giving the TV series the rewatch I keep putting off.
I need to motivate myself to doa first watching of this and the 0079 films as well as G. Been a bit more busy than I'd have liked these days.

Arrietty
Loved this movie, the only good thing that came from not having the internet for a while.
Didn't like the ending all that much but it was still great otherwise.
Dub was actually pretty good for most of the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom