• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayo is only good in moderate amounts on certain food, glopping it onto anything like that is disgusting.

ilQAhSgtHYlYp.png

Gundam AGE Episode 43 or "Problems Upstairs"

So maybe being an X-Rounder isn't safe at all. If someone
suffers a 'power overload'. It may make everyone's mobile suits turn against each other. It's even worse if you've got any bits flying around.

Also I believe that Flit, if he got his way would have
killed all of his landing troops, destroyed the Luna Base and of course killed all of the Vegans with that Plasma Diver Missile he wanted to use so badly. Thankfully someone had sense and managed to minimise casulties on both sides yet still win, which is what you are supposed to do in the army!

Next Episode:
A possible fallout between our heroes? (Flit doesn't count.)

Jojo 11: Why did they change the opening song? I'm sad. :(
Senran Kagura 05: Plot happened! o0 And it was not let's -strip-the-girls plot but actual plot o0
Diebuster 04:
Nono is a buster machine (#7)
Not surprising since it was heavily hinted but it's cool, I like the new look.

someone had sense

Fake. No one does that in Gundam AGE.

Narag

Turn A Gundam Movie I: Earth Light

This made F91 look competent given how poorly paced it was, how much information was left out, and how it was edited. So much characterization lost too due to the need to include various action and events which is sad as that's arguably one of the strongest points of Turn A. At best it's something a fan could use to revisit the series in a shorter manner as you almost have to know what's going on already to enjoy this.

Friggin' gorgeous though:
And because Laura Rolla is requisite:

Turn A Gundam Movie I: Earth Light

This made F91 look competent given how poorly paced it was, how much information was left out, and how it was edited. So much characterization lost too due to the need to include various action and events which is sad as that's arguably one of the strongest points of Turn A. At best it's something a fan could use to revisit the series in a shorter manner as you almost have to know what's going on already to enjoy this.

Friggin' gorgeous though:

And because Laura Rolla is requisite:

I didn't like Turn A Gundam. At all.

I don't know why but I couldn't get into the plot. Still better tha AGE though

Mitsuho

Banned
You should go straight into Madlax then El Cazador de la Bruja. A straight 76 episode march through girls and guns.

I'm only recommending it for my own entertainment, of course.

Madlax was okay. Skip El Cazador. Switch over to Gunslinger Girls. (.hack was best beetrain)

zeroshiki

Arrietty, Spiroted Away, Ponyo for starters. I'm not saying its a really bad thing. The ending are just not as good as the rest of the film.

?? 3 movies are a majority? Studi Ghibli has 17 theatrical movies to its name (this doesn't count Nausicaa and Caglistro), are you telling me 9 of them have "weak endings"?

I also have no idea how you would classify any of them as being weak. Weak in what sense? How could a movie's ending be weaker than the rest of the film when the film itself would be incomplete without the said ending?

Spirited Away's ending was the only way to end that story. What would you have happen? She doesn't save her parents? And Ponyo? You can dislike Ponyo for being nonsensical or whatever but the ending was in line with the themes of the movie up to that point.

I don't understand. Do you really believe this or is it that you're spouting off critical nonsense?

Mobile Suit Gundam ugh31oerrrtsomethign

WHY ARE THERE ALWAYS KIDS ON WARSHIPS?
Lol i knew you would hate them they are less present ( than in eureka seven ) but still useless
I went into Rebellion with low expectations because of seeing so many people disappointed with it and the low BD sales, but I think I enjoyed it about the same as the first season of Queen's Blade, thought not as much as season 2 or the Utsukushiki Toushi-tachi OVAs. I dunno, it's been a while since I've seen season 1 so maybe I'm just forgetting, but anyway I liked Rebellion.
i disliked the first QB season the second is much much better !!

It does have some issues here and there.
The OP animation is the lowest quality out of any QB OP/ED (well, other than the non-animated ones, but those actually make a better impression). The show itself looks better than its opening. The episode 11 special ED was gorgeous, but it probably would have been better if they'd put it after every episode. The ending animations to the original QB season 2 added to the show's impact and I think the same would have been the case here if the ep 11 ED had been on every episode of Rebellion. (The ending song itself is pretty awesome. Despite being long-time fan of Tamura Naomi who sings the OP, I like the ED song more.)
i think i like the song (opening ) a lot . i dunno why this theme song is stuck in my mind but i don't mind for now
Taanyan and Sainyan didn't really get to do much. I would hope they planned to give them a moment to shine in the next season, although I wonder now if season 2 of Rebellion is ever going to happen.
A total shame.they focused too much on the dancer girl ( an mirmir ) but i plan to look closely at the rebellion artbooks very soon.
They seemed to be afraid to show any of the small, flat-chested characters topless. Yuit never got a scene at all, Sainyan was relegated to a still illustration in the episode 11 ED, and they even conspicuously covered up
Melona-as-Ymir
. Eilin and Ymir actually do get naked in the bonus short on BD vol. 4, but Ymir suddenly has breasts larger than Nowa's, despite looking completely flat in her Rebellion outfit and the pre-Rebellion OVAs. (Maybe she's been abusing Giant Growth from the Eilin/Ymir gamebook (NSFWish).)
Nice trivia ..i will look into it
Haha yeah Mirim feels a bit out of place, with that character design and personality. Even Nowa, despite being a little overly innocent and childish for Queen's Blade, doesn't stand out as much as Mirim. I still love Mirim anyway so I was happy she got so much screentime. She and Annelotte are my favorites from Rebellion I think.
If mimir wasn't climaxing every 2 secs i might have liked her more ..
Even melona couldn't take it .. that's some power in there !!
The only other anime with the Rebellion characters at this point are the two Premium Visual Book OVAs that came out prior to the TV series, which tell backstories for Annelotte and Shigi, and a two-minute long promotional special for Hagure Yuusha which mimics the beginning of the Hagure Yuusha anime using Rebellion characters, as if he'd been visiting that world.
Thanks for the tip !

Director of Smile Precure doesn't look how I expected him to look:
wSWDSLRh.jpg

(He is the one on the right, by the way.)

More staff pictures: http://imgur.com/a/JyeTe
who is the one on the left ?

CorvoSol

Lol i knew you would hate them they are less present but still useless

I'm more pissed about the fact that they literally recycled Dique's character, made him somewhat different, and then reverted him back to being just a flat-out Dique-clone in 1 episode.

This whole time skip thing is pointless to me, because every new cast they introduce is literally the cast from last arc with different names and MAYBE BUT PROBABLY NOT different faces. Drawing this show out for 70 years just makes it FEEL as if it's really as long, boring, and horrible as it must surely be to be one of the fictional characters forced to bow to Lord Flit.

Flit x Lightning is clearly a match made in Heaven at this point.

I'm more pissed about the fact that they literally recycled Dique's character, made him somewhat different, and then reverted him back to being just a flat-out Dique-clone in 1 episode.

This whole time skip thing is pointless to me, because every new cast they introduce is literally the cast from last arc with different names and MAYBE BUT PROBABLY NOT different faces. Drawing this show out for 70 years just makes it FEEL as if it's really as long, boring, and horrible as it must surely be to be one of the fictional characters forced to bow to Lord Flit.

Flit x Lightning is clearly a match made in Heaven at this point.

the time skip is useless because the characters that remain between the arc aren't affected by the skip.. ( besides asemu )Before and after the skip they have still the same goal, bahaviours and sentences... worse is flit that goes from " the EU aren't Human " to " the vagan aren't human and must be exterminated " and finally " the vagan must die but i'm too old so do it for me , children !" ..
And don't get me started on zehart....

courtesy of Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyobu Kyosuke 5
tumblr_mhq37215XZ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

If they could keep the awful focus on the terrible loli as well as somehow extensively decreasing the opportunities to give those BABEL characters screentime, then this could really be really good. Andy is excellent as well as You. They are extremely hilarious and fit in so well, and PANDRA is starting to really feel like a family. I wish it would last long.
the one year timing, or perhaps way less since Andy will have to make a choice (hopefully not for BABEL's sake), and Hyobu's health? really make me feel uneasy and sad that this will most likely have an ungood end. Oh well, Ill just put it in the back of my mind and enjoy the ride

trejo

courtesy of Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyobu Kyosuke 5

If they could keep the awful focus on the terrible loli as well as somehow extensively decreasing the opportunities to give those BABEL characters screentime, then this could really be really good. Andy is excellent as well as You. They are extremely hilarious and fit in so well, and PANDRA is starting to really feel like a family. I wish it would last long.
the one year timing, or perhaps way less since Andy will have to make a choice (hopefully not for BABEL's sake), and Hyobu's health? really make me feel uneasy and sad that this will most likely have an ungood end. Oh well, Ill just put it in the back of my mind and enjoy the ride

But aren't PANDRA the bad guys? Are you sure you're supposed to be rooting for them? How does that fit into your worldview?

Shergal

Yuru Yuri S2 6-7

So this is gradually getting better and better, I can see now that the "sakuga" rep this show got comes from this season. These two episodes are pretty well-done and have some pretty funny jokes too.
The show has turned into something relaxing and pleasant to watch, although that might be due to having spent so much time with the characters already. Akari's still the best character, but I'm becoming more fond of the rest of the cast too. Even Chitose with her one-note gags somehow feels better than in the first season.

I hope that Akari's sister continues getting screentime, and that I get to see some interaction between her and Chinatsu's sister, though I don't see it likely.

But aren't PANDRA the bad guys? Are you sure you're supposed to be rooting for them? How does that fit into your worldview?

Neither PANDRA nor BABEL are bad guys in the ZKC universe .. Both organisation have a common ennemy and that organisation are the bad guys.. pandra is doing the "dirty" work and things you can not do by asking nicely. We should have a taste of "that" organisation in "THE UNLIMITED " very soon

So yes you can root for pandra.

They're genocidal maniacs, dude. The only reason they don't wipe out every normal they see is because Hyobu doesn't want to piss off Kaoru before she comes over to his side.

Hyoubu knows that an open conflict between espers and humans will result in a doomsday. Hyoubu doesn't trust most humans ( very few exception to this rule ) but doesn't want to wipe out humans from existance

Theonik

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 01 (Because the title screen/eyecatch said so!)
iMdC9988WYWa5.png

How novel
Steampunkdam! Quite an interesting first episode. Character interactions in this feel quite natural and the characters seen so far are pretty well written. I can see myself enjoying this.
This hat reminds me of the GAF logo Also I thought the MC guy was a girl for the longest time. Somewhat disappointed.
Oh there was a distinct lack of any meaningful amount of Tsuki no Mayu in the first Turn A movie. That qualifies as: some bullshit.
Criminal really.

I'm feeling some mixed messages here.

They Never ( PANDRA ) wanted to do a genocide they never planned to do a genocide. ... i dunno what cosmic is referencing to but I'm positive of my position since i'm up-to-date in the manga.

As i said , they are good guys that do the "dirty" work and are doing things that can't be done by normal means.

And there are bad guys in the ZKC universe , but that's not PANDRA... besides the goal of "the major" is nothing even close to a genocide.

PANDRA is labelled as terrorists because they are espers that belong to no nation and that they don't hesitate to bite when provoked. Espers are considered as war assets in the ZKC universe.

Syrinx

Black Lagoon 2

I've watched a fair amount of absurd anime before, so this may sound weird, but...I'm just not buying this show's premise. I mean, after one day-ONE DAY-with Black Lagoon, Rock not only sees himself as a pirate, but he also designs the plan to get them past the gunship. And it wasn't an absurdly simple solution that only somebody with a unique perspective could see, it was
by using the abandoned ship they passed as a launching pad to fly up into the air and shoot a torpedo at it.

Then Rock wakes up later asking, "Why am I here? What am I doing here?", only later to tell his ex-employer, "Like you said, I'm dead. My name is Rock, now." It's just...really? He's already this badass pirate,even though he was a businessman half a week ago?

They Never ( PANDRA ) wanted to do a genocide they never planned to do a genocide. ... i dunno what cosmic is referencing to but I'm positive of my position since i'm up-to-date in the manga.

As i said , they are good guys that do the "dirty" work and are doing things that can't be done by normal means.

And there are bad guys in the ZKC universe , but that's not PANDRA... besides the goal of "the major" is nothing even close to a genocide.

PANDRA is labelled as terrorists because they are espers that belong to no nation and that they don't hesitate to bite when provoked. Espers are considered as war assets in the ZKC universe.

They're labelled as terrorists because they have no qualms about killing innocent people alongside the really bad people they dispose of. Remember, Hyobu let a plane blow up because it was filled with normal humans. The guy may not always be portrayed in a positive light, but he is most definitely a major villain even if
Black Phantom
is a bigger one.

Hell, do you really think no innocent people died in the collateral damage of episode 2?

wonzo

Banned
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 5

roman5.jpg

Wow, this show's been pretty great ever since it hit its stride these past few episodes. It sure can pull off some pretty serious stuff even if it likes to ham it up with the humor every now and then. Definitely one of the few shows worth checking out this season. Now they just need to give the dog some fucking teeth, jesus christ it's gaping maw is like some eldritch abomination.

Otsu's totally the redheaded chick that pops up all the time. Same eye colour and everything.

Theonik

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 02
iXJNAkeAhLF1z.png

At least the show agrees.
More silly pagan rituals lewdness and seemingly
mobile suits with a mind of their own. RIP Beam riffle.
It's about to get real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom