• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Thanks for the info.

Yea I was not a fan of how they handled that scene either. I also think I know where this is going and if so then
the Minority Report comparison stuff might be more accurate then people would think. I can really only see two possibilities from the ending. One is that the whole system is a fraud, well that's a given anyway as the system can be changed at will. The second is that they're using humans for the Sybil system.

I think it's the latter honestly. It might also be one of the reasons why
they want Makishima alive

Humanity has declined

Taken from the AOTY 2012 thread I watched the first two episodes together with a friend and boy would have this taken a top slot in my list.

I read you guys talking about a decline in quality, but judging from the first 2 episodes alone that seems unlikely.

@The Mitsuho incident: I have a honest to god 4chan impression in my post history. I am glad duckroll showed mercy on me or more likely didn't read it.
Seems I really dodged a bullet there.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
guDxIxul.jpg

Oooh shit, I lol'd.

Tamako Market 05
If anyone had an doubts about the yuri being canon this episode should silence them for good.

Pretty much. This is obvious even to casual observers. I was talking about one of the characters earlier and I said "Midori", to which my wife replied "she's the lesbian one, right?", with no earlier discussion about it having ever taken place. It's obvious. It's just a matter of how far they'll take it. Most likely it'll remain a cock tease and doujin fodder until the end.

Execution>originality.

Yep, it's true. It's impossible to be continually original. There are only so many "types" of stories, and a limited amount of archetypes. They can be tweaked and changed a bit so they are slightly different, or fresh, but most stories are based with simple formulas that are used over and over again for almost everything. Fortunately, there are a million different ways to present them, and better and worse ways to tell them. Originality does have its merits, but execution (how it's handled, that is) means more to most viewers who are emotionally invested - even when you don't realize it. Subsequently, whether or not you fuck something up, or make it amazing, makes all the difference if you want people to care.

Jarmel

Banned
I think it's the latter honestly. It might also be one of the reasons why
they want Makishima alive

Yea that's where I think they're going too. I didn't expect that lady to be a robot though. I have no fucking clue where that plotline is going. Is it because they don't trust humans to run the system?

Oh wait, oh shit. Could we be looking at some sort of Matrix type of uprising where the robots revolted, took control, and subjected humans to the Sybil system as a way of controlling them? Oh shit.

cajunator

Banned

You propose an interesting argument.

Yakitate!! was good until it decided to overplay the pun factor and leave behind the pseudo-educational aspect of bread baking.

I would have to agree. But a lot of long run series suffer from jumping the shark.

Enjoy your ride
Galaxy angel is pretty good as a comedy ( except last season ) .
I'm still totally puzzled on why we got this instead of a epic sci-fi space adventure for the various transball wars ( the games plots )

Oh man its so much fun. There are so many series too.
Galaxy angel, A,AA, S, X, Z, and that miserable pile of shit Galaxy Angel Rune. avoid that one! All the others are worthy and super cute and full of comedy and happiness.

Humanity has declined

Taken from the AOTY 2012 thread I watched the first two episodes together with a friend and boy would have this taken a top slot in my list.

I read you guys talking about a decline in quality, but judging from the first 2 episodes alone that seems unlikely.

@The Mitsuho incident: I have a honest to god 4chan impression in my post history. I am glad duckroll showed mercy on me or more likely didn't read it.
Seems I really dodged a bullet there.

You fit well here and are in no danger of facing duckroll's wrath.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yea that's where I think they're going too. I didn't expect that lady to be a robot though. I have no fucking clue where that plotline is going. Is it because they don't trust humans to run the system?

Oh wait, oh shit. Could we be looking at some sort of Matrix type of uprising where the robots revolted, took control, and subjected humans to the Sybil system as a way of controlling them? Oh shit.

I'm thinking something
Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Hyron System or something like that. It probably has something to do with those special people have the ability to judge people indiscriminately or something stupid.

Oh man its so much fun. There are so many series too.
Galaxy angel, A,AA, S, X, Z, and that miserable pile of shit Galaxy Angel Rune. avoid that one! All the others are worthy and super cute and full of comedy and happiness.

We've already discussed that cajunator !
Given that was 5 months ago but still..

Thoraxes

Humanity has declined

Depends on your tastes really, but the mid is either all gravy for you or a snoozefest (nobody seems to be in between these two extremes). I was of the party that loved all the middle content of the show because of the themes explored and the connections to present day humanity.

Watching it with a friend only enhances the fun, imo.

Branduil

Humanity has declined

I can remember when I once thought as you did.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Depends on your tastes really, but the mid is either all gravy for you or a snoozefest (nobody seems to be in between these two extremes). I was of the party that loved all the middle content of the show because of the themes explored and the connections to present day humanity.

Watching it with a friend only enhances the fun, imo.

Me! Me! Pick me!

Middle of the show was decent, just not nearly as good as beginning or end.

cajunator

Banned
We've already discussed that cajunator !
Given that was 5 months ago but still..

That was more of a suggestion to the guy watching it now.
In case he was reading it.
Also a warning to anyone who might want to watch Galaxy angel (and why wouldnt somebody?) to stay the fuck away from Rune.

Shergal

I was of the party that loved all the middle content of the show because of the themes explored and the connections to present day humanity.

Those were interesting, but the actual comedy was really lacking for me. I stopped thinking of Jinrui as a comedy show until the
Fairy-land
episode came in and reminded me.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Vividred Operation 4

This show is great, because even when the girls are viewed at a distance, their butts are still drawn to be full and round. Most shows would usually flatten out the asses the further away the characters get, but here you can still see the curves, dimples, and gaps. They even take care to show just a tiny bit of the crotch area too when it is appropriate to do so. Ever so delicate, the sensibilities of the artist are like that of a fine erotic photographer, who strives to capture the ideal. Fan service of this quality has the ability to make us feel better and brighten our moods, even when our days are bad. The girls fought again and showed their butts some more, and in the end, Himawari came and showed her butt too. Even though she sits at home all day in the dark, she still had a full and firm posterior, despite never getting any exercise. Her breast size complimented her figure, and she became even more voluptuous while docking.
Now Momo, please dock.

Branduil

Factory arc 10/10
Island arc 10/10
School arc 8/10
Junkyard arc 8/10
Time
paradog
arc 6/10
Manga arc 5/10
Monument arc 4/10

That was more of a suggestion to the guy watching it now.
In case he was reading it.
Also a warning to anyone who might want to watch Galaxy angel (and why wouldnt somebody?) to stay the fuck away from Rune.
Lol it's so true.
Vividred Operation 4

This show is great, because even when the girls are viewed at a distance, their butts are still drawn to be full and round. Most shows would usually flatten out the asses the further away the characters get, but here you can still see the curves, dimples, and gaps. They even take care to show just a tiny bit of the crotch area too when it is appropriate to do so. Ever so delicate, the sensibilities of the artist are like that of a fine erotic photographer, who strives to capture the ideal. Fan service of this quality has the ability to make us feel better and brighten our moods, even when our days are bad. The girls fought again and showed their butts some more, and in the end, Himawari came and showed her butt too. Even though she sits at home all day in the dark, she still had a full and firm posterior, despite never getting any exercise. Her breast size complimented her figure, and she became even more voluptuous while docking.
Now Momo, please dock.
That kind of dedication towards us to provide such content deserve indeed praise !

----------

TAMAKO MARKET - 04
"Unlike your typical bird , i possess a noble soul!"

i don't think i need to say more ...

Ps: Anko is freaking cute in that outflit..

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yep, it's true. It's impossible to be continually original. There are only so many "types" of stories, and a limited amount of archetypes. They can be tweaked and changed a bit so they are slightly different, or fresh, but most stories are based with simple formulas that are used over and over again for almost everything. Fortunately, there are a million different ways to present them, and better and worse ways to tell them. Originality does have its merits, but execution (how it's handled, that is) means more to most viewers who are emotionally invested - even when you don't realize it. Subsequently, whether or not you fuck something up, or make it amazing, makes all the difference if you want people to care.

Yes. While many here prefer everything to be "fresh and original", it's not only incredibly rare for something like that to happen and also be good, but most people just want something to be executed well so that they can enjoy it. See also: Nintendo.

Narag

Turn A Gundam 4

1wiFWfDl.png

The man, the myth, the legend: Harry fuckin' Ord.
SUMOs and WaDoms are such sex. based syd mead.
Didn't catch how taken aback Phil & Harry were at Kihel's appearance the first time I watched this.

Humanity has Declined

Thanks for the warning. I appreciate it, however there will be a tiny irrational part of my brain that will make you responsible for any perceived disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom