• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Weekend time. Thinking of starting Spice & Wolf as well. Too tired to watch Revolutionary Girl Utena right now. Maybe later tonight when I'm done watching hockey. Anything else happy and lighthearted (is S&W even happy and lighthearted, now that I think about it?) that I should consider?

Spice and wolf is worth your time.
The economics talk might be a bit lengthy and tedious for some.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Aura Battler Dunbine 1

What in the hell? This opening episode is the kind where you wonder if the director was on drugs. Bern's voice drove me crazy until I realized he was Maximillian Jenius in Macross.

Isn't this part of the Byston Well saga?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Why yes, yes it is! Protag in this ep spent all of three minutes before he was whisked away.

Next thing on your watch list should be Wings of Rean then, and you can have the distinction of having seen them all.

Narag

Daitarn 3 14

X0TC6QBl.png

NGyOXyjl.png

B0tiQddl.png

Best Meganoid commander since that mecha-loving pirate dude.

z1799LLl.png

oQYH10jl.png

Banjo can be so manly at times. Fighting evil in the arctic in just his underwear? Ain't no thang.

Hell yeah. This is so awesome when it's one of those "we don't give a fuck" comedy eps.

So I guess NISA has licensed The Princess and the Pilot or To Aru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku and told no one about it.

Oh, looks like it was just now.

NIS America (NISA), the American subsidiary of the Nippon Ichi Software game company, announced on Thursday that it acquired MADHOUSE's The Princess and the Pilot (To Aru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku) anime film for North America. The license marks NISA's first anime film release. NISA will release the film on Blu-ray Disc on May 14 in a subtitled-only premium edition set for US$44.99. The set includes a 32-page hardcover art book and collectible slipcase. Video extras include Japanese commercials and theatrical previews.

princess-and-the-pilot-assets.png

Does it really get better? I tried watching it after finishing the original series but I stopped less than five minutes into the first episode because the lead guy was intensely irritating me for some reason.

It might have just been down to my low attention span though...

Edit: Man, the last post. Chance of response is now negligible.

It gets better (although I love the first episode). By a lot, definitely. Kamille is definitely not the easiest guy to like at first, but he's my personal favorite Gundam protagonist.

The opening episodes are a lot of setup, though. It takes time for everything to get in motion.

Defuser

Psycho-Pass ep 16

All round solid episode with good action Shougo just kick Kogami's ass surprisingly, now Kogami gonna pull a batman, do a few push ups/pull ups for round 2. But like the rest said, I don't like the questions now answers later for the Sibyl System. I'm gonna take a wild guess there's a 'immortal' human being inside the Sibyl System.

-Minsc-

Gintama' - 261

What can I say, it was awesome. I'm surprised how much meat was packed in this episode. Sorachi and Sunrise know how to do their stuff.

Speaking of the manga, this arc burned through fourteen chapters. We are now roughly 35 chapters behind the manga.

Gintama' - 261

What can I say, it was awesome. I'm surprised how much meat was packed in this episode. Sorachi and Sunrise know how to do their stuff.

Speaking of the manga, this arc burned through fourteen chapters. We are now roughly 35 chapters behind the manga.

Wow, didn't know we are so close to the manga. I look forward to the episode where they complain how close they are though.

Hakkenden:Eight Dogs of the East 5
tumblr_mhvnk7im9c1qkgj66o3_500.jpg
tumblr_mhvnm8j0Fg1qkgj66o3_500.jpg

Hand holding and sleeping by and on top of each other for the whole day, really good episode. RioSatomi/Shino is as good as Shino/Sousuke. I like the relationship theming going on as it makes the anime really enthralling and fun even these daily life segments. I thought the handholding was really sweet and then the brief backstory there. Then the friendship theme later with the house diety, hope he has another appearance later.

Still my favorite or second favorite anime this season and overall good episode. The female characters in this anime are a alright.

Shergal

Yuru Yuri ♪♪ 8-10
Not on the same level as 6 and 7, but still entertaining. I guess at this point anything would be mildly entertaining at the very least, since I've warmed up to the characters quite a bit, probably thanks to this season more than anything else. They changed the dynamics a bit in episode 10, putting two people that normally don't interact together; I liked that, as well as Sakurako's sister's part.

Yuru Yuri ♪♪ 11
Do these guys have a worship for the number 11 or something? This was, like the first season, an emotional episode, and it hit harder due not only to more attachment to the characters, but also due to them again raising the acting animation a lot to make it work. Some decent layouts at times as well, it's kinda rare to see this in these comedy adaptations so it's always welcomed.

Also, fuck yeah Akarin episode! I'm glad we got to see her sister again, with more screentime even, and better than that she was not played for that one gag but actually served as a catalyst for
Akari's emotional arc. Well, I'm not sure if I would call it an 'arc' since her struggling with her lack of presence and accepting it was only really addressed in this episode, but at least it was done in a clever way.

Also, the fact that
it was not her dream (as she wanted to) but Kyouko's story kind of makes it less cheap, because the concerns and reactions of her friends at the end are in fact genuine to reality and it's a nice touch of friendship that would have gone to waste if it was just a dream.

That part with the song in the middle really dragged though, that'd be my only complaint.

But really some great cuts in this episode, props to Masayuki Nonaka, Yuusuke Matsuo et al.
I see that Ryosuke Nishii worked on this episode, as well as in 6-7, but I wonder which cuts he did here. Maybe the scene on the song with Akari
trying to reach the others
? The guy is pretty good, judging from his short and a couple of cuts I've seen by him on the internet. Does anyone know what parts he did in YRYR?

I'm off to watch the finale now.

Hyouka 16:
Interesting how they've combined the different strands of the plot in this arc. I wasn't really expecting
the manga to have some immediate connection to the thief
but once that connection was explored, it made sense. Oreki's thought process and analysis were tense, and the episode was just a really well put together piece of television, as always. Poor Satoshi, doomed to never be able to figure things out on his own.

Jarmel

Banned
Shiiiiiiiiit kid got his ass beat good, great gif jarmel it almost makes me want to see it,too bad its mecha, in fact I might just watch that episode... screw that just that scene.

which episode is this?

Episode 22. I wouldn't really recommend it though for sakuga scenes as the best ones can be found over youtube.

Kotoura-San Ep 5
Alright, this episode was pretty funny.
I don't mind Moritani anymore. She's okay...I guess. It makes it better that the joke is now on her... MORI!

Absolutely can't wait until the next episode ^-^

Defuser

Kotoura-san ep 5
Now this is a 4-koma episode like it should be. Enjoyable but how long till we get to the mother issues?

Next week episode.....president's body is hawt.

Theonik

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 15
ibnHbzbUn8qthv.png

Quite. Can't help but think that things would have turned out quite differently were it not for the bodyswap there.
RIP Will Game
I suppose he sorta brought it on himself. Quite ironic too. The fight this time was quite good wonder if they will fix the Moustache from last episode completely soon. Not the same with all those dents.

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 16
ip7sUiMr9Vwq3.png

Giving bebop the cowboy a run for its money
Recap episode...

cajunator

Banned
$45 is kind of pricey for a sub only 90 minute disc with an 32 page artbook...comparing it to NISA's other releases of tv

N/m read it wrong.
Still not that bad.

I dont care about endings too much.
Seen way too many animes with terrible endings. As long as Im entertained.
I do remember seeing your post but was probably working a gajillion hours at work and forgot about it.

Question, whats our rule about embedding images for new episodes? I have this image from the Kotoura-San episode that came out today. For future reference, low long should I wait before embedding images? or am I allowed to now?

Blast of Tempest 17
tumblr_mhvrgxBNTg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Yoshino was smiling so much this episode, why so happy while eating, lol. Mahiro needed a bit more time but that whole whiteboard scene was funny. Liked the quote again for Yoshino when both separate scenes tied up with the same conclusion.
what if tree of genesis killed aika in order to somehow force hakaze into falling for yoshino, mindblown

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Zetsuen no Tempest 16-17

There's nothing wrong with this show. It's a lot of fun!

Finally someone decided to look at the obvious answer.
Episode 17 was pretty good, and I can't help but look forward to what'll happen next.

polar bear cafe 43

punnnnnssssss~

And drunk animals is always great.

That ending is fucking awesome too. Seriously, polar bear cafe got like... all fucking amazing ED.

Dog Soldier: Shadows of the Past

Behold the amazingness that is Dog Soldier from Central Park Media who also did Area 88! This OVA has nothing to do with making dogs into soldiers. In fact it's just a nickname for this bloke called John Kyosuke Hiba, I was quite disappointed when I found out this fact.

Anyway, this is about an evil weapons dealer called 'Phantom' and his auction business, that sells weapons. This time it's a biological weapon that turned out to be a
n AIDS vaccine, it's not really much of weapon by all accounts

One thing that this loves doing is repeated animation loops, generally within about a minute of it happening, in fact the animation in this is poor at the best of times.

The best part in this was
when John Kyosuke Hiba did a Wind Waker Ganondorf Stab to the Forehead on Phantom. No, Phantom did not proceed to turn into stone afterwards.

This is one of 'those' anime like Mars of Destruction and Psychic Wars. So if you experienced those, watch this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom