• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That already sounds like a huge improvement over anime
Impel Down.
It's perfect.
mgsbroshake.gif

I think I did. My biggest problem with it wasn't related to what Luffy got through, but mostly with how much stupid filler crap no one cares about they managed to cram in those episodes. I mean,
did they really need to spend 5 episodes running and defeating random soldiers on their way back? Did they really need to spread the Iva x sadomasochistic girl conflict over 3 episodes?
At one point I actually started thinking they were doing a 1 episode = 0.5 chapter adaptation.
That's the impression i got too( and i read the manga before ). they really dragued things as much as they could to gain time. Since they were kinda very close to the manga.i said that one piece got sometimes pacing issues but that's always ..Always when they get too close to the manga matérial. See those episode you got afterwards when luffy was on the boat ? all filler ( but canon ).
That's lot
Laboon I'm talking about, though. Those are the things that show up randomly in the final scene of the episode they leave Thriller Bark, vaguely mentioned ominously by the narrator... Unless they are somehow related to Laboon and that's what you're talking about. Huh.
No. All i'm saying is that Like
laboon + brook reveal
. Oda set-up some events and don't forget about them afterwards. i mean who would have thought that they would bring laboon back in to the minds of the viewers/readers at this point of thriller bark ?

Those sights/lights will be no different. One day we'll have forgotten about them and suddenly...reveal ! Totally oda style

PS : you should do what duckroll did and watch the "strong world" movie

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The Revolutionary Girl Utena returns:

... 同じく届いてた。めっちゃかっこいい - 少女革命ウテナ - りぶ野(id:rivfi) - Hatena Haiku
http://h.hatena.ne.jp/rivfi/243612618887823103

I like that combination of grey-scale and gold color with the reflective imprints on the outer cardboard box! Picture quality impressions can wait (not)...
It's... Beautiful.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
No. All i'm saying is that Like
laboon + brook reveal
. Oda set-up some events and don't forget about them afterwards. i mean who would have thought that they would bring laboon back in to the minds of the viewers/readers at this point of thriller bark ?

Those sights/lights will be no different. One day we'll have forgotten about them and suddenly...reveal ! Totally oda style

Oh yeah, I'm sure of it, haha. Can't wait.

PS : you should do what duckroll did and watch the "strong world" movie

I was going to watch it, but then the first minute of Episode 0 spoiled basically the entire film and I gave up on it for a while. I'll get back to it eventually.

Can anyone recommend me some good anime movies? The only one I've seen are Spritied Away, Strong World (and the other OP movies), and Disappearance of Haruhi.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
R.I.P Anime Superstore-san ;__;7

I would have bought a plane ticket just to make the pilgrimage to see your store.

Can anyone recommend me some good anime movies? The only one I've seen are Spritied Away, Strong World (and the other OP movies), and Disappearance of Haruhi.

Laws of Eternity. Do we need to keep saying it?

Moonlight

Banned
You need to see Princess Mononoke. You absolutely have to. It's one of my favourite things I've ever seen, and definitely the highlight of Miyazaki's career as a director.

For more modern examples, you really can't go wrong with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time or Tokyo Godfathers.

Theonik

I don't even know what you're talking about. I've never seen such a thing.
Huh? Ah must have been mistaken then.

So, they're officially bringing MLP:FiM to Japan. What makes this worth posting in the anime thread, besides the fact that half of you watch the show anyway? The fact that four of the main characters are being voiced by the four main Milky Holmes seiyuu.
Suzuko Mimori (Sherlock) -- Pinkie Pie
Sora Tokui (Nero) -- Applejack
Mikoi Sasaki (Elly) -- Rarity
Izumi Kitta (Cordelia) -- Rainbow Dash
Awesome! I guess this means I can make impression posts here!

They have a large selection.

Laws of Eternity. Do we need to keep saying it?

This doesn't look very good...

You Are Umasou is the best dinosaur movie you will ever watch.

Well, it will only be competing with The Land Before Time haha. I'll check it out.

You need to see Princess Mononoke. You absolutely have to. It's one of my favourite things I've ever seen, and definitely the highlight of Miyazaki's career as a director.

For more modern examples, you really can't go wrong with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time or Tokyo Godfathers.

Alright, I'll give those a shot. Thanks guys!

I'm not asking you to defend your tastes. Please consider me a layman seeking enlightenment from a well-informed source as I ask this: Why did this happen and how is it good? Do you agree with me that the beginning of the series may have been poorly executed? Did it get dramatically better on its way to 33 or do you feel its been strong from the beginning? How do you think the makers feel about the show overall presentation? Are you satisfied with your experience thus far?

I thought Kingdom started off on a high note that hasnt fell down. Though I guess Im the only watcher commenting on its plot but its really well done and intense. Probably on the strength of its source material which seems loved by all. The main character Shin is really cool and compelling and I can always get behind him, the cast, though numerous are also often quite well developed, and the action and intensity of the various wars in this huge conquest is filled with not only typical genre action but some intense strategy and thought. I didnt think the beginning was poorly executed, I thought people liked stories where random nobody from some far away town rises on a difficult journey to reach his dream of becoming a general, etc, a dramatic start with tragedy is a perfect beginning.

Only visual issue Ive had with the anime is just the dull and ugly looking armor and same face standard grunts.

Amnesia 3
tumblr_mh2yczfBnW1rn5mulo1_500.gif

Wow main character girl is just awful. I feel so bad for Shin, almost seemed like he was struggling to keep from crying constantly.
Forgetting that they had been dating for three months, the place where they had their first kiss, and then even more tiny things. Often I was getting angry cause she was not even saying nothing

Hopefully Toma gets more screentime. Though I liked how Shin kept saying Baka and then blushing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So, they're officially bringing MLP:FiM to Japan. What makes this worth posting in the anime thread, besides the fact that half of you watch the show anyway? The fact that four of the main characters are being voiced by the four main Milky Holmes seiyuu.

fuckkkkkkkkkkkk

my tag

its broken

:(

Senyuu 3
tumblr_mh22nonhQc1qkci4yo1_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mh22nonhQc1qkci4yo2_r1_500.gif

Liking this short more and more, if only it were a longer actual anime that would be so good. Didnt like his partners design through most of it though, hopefully he returns, though Alba past needs more time even if the mom looks like that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The last time I heard someone say that, I ended up watching the first half of School Days...

School Days is a joke suggestion. The Laws of Eternity isn't.

I even went to see the sequel in the cinema it was that good. I'm saying it convinced me to DRAGE MYSELF OUT OF THE HOUSE. Trust.

duckroll

They also say that the voices for Twilight Sparkle (the main character) and Fluttershy (most moe character) will announced later on. This probably means they could be bigger names. HYPE!!!!

Mitsuho

Banned
I was told that I was spending too much time on forums instead of working hard for my company :'(

Here's to 300 posts before the .com and .net are blocked and you're forced back to 3g/4g .gif loading.

Dennou Coil was a good one. Thought the ending/reveal/twist was a little weak though. Maybe only linguistically, but your comment reminded me that I wished 電波的な彼女 was a half season anime instead of just an OAV.

Narag

They also say that the voices for Twilight Sparkle (the main character) and Fluttershy (most moe character) will announced later on. This probably means they could be bigger names. HYPE!!!!

Second renaissance for MLP. Time to start watching again.

I've been told that anime was shown on UK television back in the day but I honestly don't remember it or I assume it was before my time. Just a lot of home grown shows like Postman Pat and Captain Pugwash, the latter predating the animation techniques shown in Inferno Cop by over 30 years.

I suppose the nearest thing I watched was Mumintroll, but I always saw it as a Swedish cartoon animated in Japan much like Batman was an American cartoon animated in Japan, but apparently I wrong on that as well.

It was Finnish cartoon!

Syrinx

Goddammit kayos90. Why'd you have to start iDOLM@STER at the same time as me and hog all the replies? I typed my impressions on a fucking iPod Touch, dammit! My fingers are still bleeding this morning.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It was Finnish cartoon!

I saw it as a Swedish cartoon because I saw it in Sweden. You think I was looking up the facts at four years of age? Besides, the books were originally written in Swedish so I could technically say language wise it was a Swedish cartoon. ;)

But it doesn't matter because it is apparently considered Japanese rather than a BAS outsourced to Japan situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom