• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

Nothing wrong considering the source material . i honnestly don't know how they could have adapted the events of the game better.

Well they could have adapted the true end better... it was confusing as fuck and was literally the only thing that disappointed me about the show, Everything else was great to me.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Persona 4: The Animation 10-12

PxsWoBR.jpg

Episodes 10 and 11 were by the book, but number 12 was weird as hell.

I take it that was one of the bad endings? I don't even remember if you can get one after capturing Mitsuo. Yu having an internal conflict was kind of scary, haha. Still, afterwards he did get to wreck shit with his million Personas, so it's cool.

Theonik

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 32
i1xnaIxTgOxPB.png

I bet the tree they are talking about was actually an orbital launch platform or something like that
Following space hippies we now get Mayans? Can this cast get any zanyer?

Chronoexe

Fucking hell, you people are going to make me give ToraDora another shot... :-/

You dropped Toradora too? I thought I was alone in this.

blu rays ready, I just need the strength to try it again, I hope my hate for the series it's only because the bad spanish fansub I watched the first time :(

Theonik

The thread is moving too slowly
∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 33
ibhMpT6QKw9nMF.png

Bro moment
Good episode, turns out I was sorta right about the tree and the what the branch was supposed to be. That ending was unfortunate.

Kazzy

Persona 4: The Animation 10-12

Episodes 10 and 11 were by the book, but number 12 was weird as hell.

I take it that was one of the bad endings? I don't even remember if you can get one after capturing Mitsuo. Yu having an internal conflict was kind of scary, haha. Still, afterwards he did get to wreck shit with his million Personas, so it's cool.

No, it's just a nice little fake-out that they decided to throw in there. It's effective too!

Just wait until you hit that S-Link episode.

I've probably went through all the links on the K-ON! page...

We've all been there.

Kazzy

Do I watch End of Evangelion before passing judgement on it as a whole? It ostensibly feels unfinished by the series end, and a quick search gives me the distinct impression that any potential questions/criticism will simply be deferred there. Yes?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hataraki Man 6
Jesus Christ, I honestly can't remember the last time an episode has been so infuriating. The amount of entrenched misogyny on display in this episode is both incredibly frustrating and so utterly depressing it makes you want to scream. The fact that Yumi, soon to be wed and one of the only four female editor's out of an entire forty has to put on this girly persona to effectively do her job is just about the single worst part of it. This show really knows how to push just the right buttons. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some stress balls to murder.

#INeedMasculinismBecause women are able to get jobs just because they are women!

Hataraki Man 6
There's a lot of things that are done well with Yumi, and I'm glad they go out of their way to redeem her. But the tension between her and Hiro earlier in the episode is a rough way of showing how latent misogyny in the workplace can work to pit women against each other for no reason.
Yeah, the false sense of competition created by patriarchy is what helps perpetuates some of these social standards, especially in competitive social settings like the workplace (and, I suppose, elsewhere as well) that was very interesting in the show.

I do wonder how the jdrama version of the show touches on all these issues. I would expect it to be much softer, because of my preconceptions of Japan, but maybe it's this edgy show like... well, Murphy Brown was for 80s America. (Probably not :p)

Do I watch End of Evangelion before passing judgement on it as a whole? It ostensibly feels unfinished by the series end, and a quick search gives me the distinct impression that any potential questions/criticism will simply be deferred there. Yes?

End of Eva is required viewing. You haven't seen anything until you watch it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'll be the contrarian that says that it is not required to understand or interpret the TV show. If only because I feel that at best, it is a distraction, and at worse, it detracts from the TV show's depiction of the ending.

But you might as well watch it anyway. lol

Kazzy

I'll be the contrarian that says that it is not required to understand or interpret the TV show. If only because I feel that at best, it is a distraction, and at worse, it detracts from the TV show's depiction of the ending.

But you might as well watch it anyway. lol

The ending itself wasn't an issue, or at the very least, interpreting it. I just felt like the execution was sloppy. A case of "scene missing", as it suddenly just arrived at the conclusion, rather abruptly, in my opinion.

Syrinx

*yawn* I think I'm a caffeine addict. Woke up over three hours ago and I'm still fucking tired.

Lots of stuff to do today, but I'll squeeze in an episode of iDOLM@STER or Spice and Wolf.

The ending itself wasn't an issue, or at the very least, interpreting it. I just felt like the execution was sloppy. A case of "scene missing", as it suddenly just arrived at the conclusion, rather abruptly, in my opinion.

Thats because they ran out of budget as the show went on and had to scrap most of the ideas they had for the ending and went with a minimalist approach.

I don't understand this concept of "too early".
I suppose it is because even when I wasn't working a night shift, when the alarm went off at 4 AM I always jumped clear out of bed immediately and was 100% functional.

Because I only had about 4 hours of sleep. It's a horrible habit to pick up...

Syrinx

I don't understand this concept of "too early".
I suppose it is because even when I w sn't working a night shift, when the alarm went off at 4 AM I always jumped clear out of bed immediately and was 100% functional.

I greatly envy (and deeply resent) people like you.

For fuck's sake, I got up at 8:30 this morning, had coffee and some eggs and home fries in my Student Union for breakfast, went to class, and now I'm here in my room...and I still feel like shit. Like I just said though, I really think I need to cut down on the coffee.

cajunator

Banned
I greatly envy (and deeply resent) people like you.

For fuck's sake, I got up at 8:30 this morning, had coffee and some eggs and home fries in my Student Union for breakfast, went to class, and now I'm here in my room...and I still feel like shit. Like I just said though, I really think I need to cut down on the coffee.

Its just my body chemistry. I am energetic all the time. Hardly ever laze around, nor do I have the time to.

Xam'd: Lost Memories 3 - 26 (end)

The anime looked and sounded amazing. I loved the visuals as well as the Xam'd designs, especially for Akiyuki. Side characters like Furichi were good
plot ended too soon with him, hate how he was decapitated and that was it, no one feeling remorse or nothing, odd
, and then Yango who ought to have had a bigger and more substantial role
nine year later version was awesome design

I think there were a few significant problems with the story and plot though. Hated the ending and I would have liked to do a Haruhi and demand that whoever wrote it gives me a formal apology.
Characters just die and thats it nothing else is sad. The big confrontations felt weak and odd, like the commander versus the dad, or Raikyo's death scene just felt kind of weak. The only time it seemed like characters cried over the things was like the end and perhaps Akiyuki, but then why no one was said when Nakiami sealed herself away? And for that point, I thought that whole thing was terrible. What type of ending has her seal herself away for 1000 years and then Akiyuki turn to stone for nine years. I dont like to sign up for bad ends...Especially since all that seemed to happen was the BIG picture was still unresolved since well, war is about to happen again...
. I did like Akiyuki's and his inner battle and everything in that old timer's community was really well done, I like the mask thing and the black thing that was with him
the reveal that it was the Hiruken Emperor then their internal face off and handing of the name felt really good and intriguing. Though casting off Akiyuki for several episodes after this and turning attention to less interesting characters significantly decreased the anime's enjoyment for me.

Overall, I guess I did enjoy it and it did feel worth the 89.99 I spent on it. Ill probably rewatch again and the music from Kylee and Boom Boom Satellites was splendid. Akiyuki, if he had a different edgier and cooler looking outfit would have been awesome, but at the end of the day, was still really good character. 7/10.

Geneijin

The kid isn't the villain though?
The reasons are supposed to be petty, and the villains drum them up into monsters right before the victims are about to throw it away! That actually makes them more powerful and scarier than people that just make everyone emo for a few minutes.
The reason we don't spend much time on the villains right now is probably so that we could learn Mana and Rikka a bit more and why we should care about them, rather than generic Precure conflict #10.
If that's what they wanted to happen, they should have just started the series with Episode 2 then. They're just setting themselves up for unreasonable expectations at this point and floundering them. Mana is already more boring and generic than Nozumi. Nozumi.

Jex

If the only thing you had to work with was old footage of the series, scissors and sellotape I'd like to see you do better!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Somebody got GAINAX'D!

And yes, watch EoE.

cajunator

Banned
I get migraines sometimes, which also dampens my mood in the mornings.

I'm glad I don't get those.
Strangely my dispatch work doesnt give me headaches. I dont even have to smoke or drink.
I must be an alien. Or my Cute anime addiction is powerful enough to overcome the stress.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thats because they ran out of budget as the show went on and had to scrap most of the ideas they had for the ending and went with a minimalist approach.
Right, and much to the show's benefit in my opinion.

Jex

I think it's worth pointing out that, while lack of budget was very important there was also a lack of time. Production in tv anime certainly seems to be afflicted by severe time constraints, which is one the reasons Hayo Miyazaki vowed to stay away from it after his previous experiences.

Gintama - 97

That Charlies
Angels (2000) parody, was rotoscoped right?
Right?!
I need to watch Lupin III, someday.
Gura-san,
really good impersonation of Gin-chan by Kagura
Next Bentendo OwEe
U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom