• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganondorfo

Any websites out there like gamerankings for animes. Because for someone like me who hasnt watched an anime since 2007, I dont know anymore what the great animes are since that period.

Lain

Mondaiji 5

I feel the people working on this are squandering the chance to make something more exciting. The whole lead-up to the fight with the End Boss felt dull and uninspiring. The fight with the End Boss, while OK to show how broken Izayoi is, didn't feel as exciting as when Izayoi took out the Water God, for example.
Estetica did a much better job at keeping it exciting and cool when it comes to using a overpowered main character.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Welcome to the Team

Also she have the best transformation scene and awesome hair.

ibwH5ASzXDvl6f.gif

Yeah, it's bad ass. :D

Yayoi is a moenuke aimed straight at your heart. A tactical, ground-to-heart warhead.

She really is a hnnng missle!

Reika in a nutshell.
Except for episode 44.

I'll look forward to it!

Yes she is gorgeous.

Indeed. ^_^

Ganondorfo

You can try MAL, i guess.

Or you can tell us what you liked and we can give you some names.

I loved last exile, gankutsuouh, rahxephon, cowboy bebop, rurouni kenshin, vision of escaflowne, ghost in the shell stand alone complex series, legend of the galactic heroes, noir, gungrave, wolfs rain, musishi, kino no tabi and sosei no aquarion.

Milamber

I loved last exile, gankutsuouh, rahxephon, cowboy bebop, rurouni kenshin, vision of escaflowne, ghost in the shell stand alone complex series, legend of the galactic heroes, noir, gungrave, wolfs rain, musishi, kino no tabi and sosei no aquarion.

That is a wide range of interests. That means we can only recommend you the outlying stuff you have not experienced yet. I suggest School Days, Eiken, Boku no Pico and Natsu Yasumi! in that order.

EDIT: Yeah, ignore the above.

wonzo

Banned
Love Live! Music Thingies 1-5

lovelivepv1.jpg

30 minutes of sakuga and cringeworthy CG colliding together to form music videos pandering to Otakus. No wonder the anime's lighting up the amazon pre-order charts. The only reason I found out about these was thanks to someone on the net proclaiming to be a LONGTIME LOVE LIVE FAN who's hoping the anime would throw them a bone or something. The whole idea was so ludicrously laughable to me that I couldn't help but do some research and I found out that a manga and these music videos were a thing.

i give it 5 animewatch wahjahs out of 5

lovelivepv4.jpg

:sdburton

zeroshiki

Oh ok. Explain G Gundam then.

The burning passion of Domon could not be contained :lol

To be fair (minor SRW Z2 spoilers, mainly regarding seishin list)
Kallen has a seishin list fit for a super robot pilot. Hot blood, iron wall, unbreakable?(the one where you only take 10 damage), sure hit, spirit

Milamber

Love Live! Music Thingies 1-5

30 minutes of sakuga and cringeworthy CG colliding together to form music videos pandering to Otakus. No wonder the anime's lighting up the amazon pre-order charts. The only reason I found out about these was thanks to someone on the net proclaiming to be a LONGTIME LOVE LIVE FAN who's hoping the anime would throw them a bone or something. THe whole idea was so ludicrously laughable to me that I couldn't help but do some research and I found out that a manga and these music videos were a thing.

i give it 5 animewatch wahjahs out of 5

:sdburton

Oh hey, someone other than me watched it too. I don't feel so creepy/lonely anymore.

That is a wide range of interests. That means we can only recommend you the outlying stuff you have not experienced yet. I suggest School Days, Eiken, Boku no Pico and Natsu Yasumi! in that order.

We stopped doing fake recommendations here.
And Eiken was only ever as a reply to "how bad can two episodes really be?"
Also I think even /a/ stopped recommending Boku no Pico.

Now to some recommendations

2007-2012 had some really great animes.
According to your tastes I suggest

Mononoke
Trapeze
Tsuritama
(all directed by the same guy and all pretty good, Mononoke being the best)
Tatami Galaxy
Usagi Drop
Hyouka
Gurren Lagann
(kinda silly but great fun)

There are a lot more, but these come directly to my mind. I am sure someone will make a more extensive list/ link to a thread containing such a list.

cajunator

Banned
Cool anti-intellectualism.

protip: this is how people outside of the anime/videogame fan bubble view things

No, it's about understanding what story is told through the visuals in unison with the rest of the work rather than "connecting with the world" or some other nonsense like you took drugs before watching it.

You can view anime as a medium exactly the same as a film critic can judge a movie. It doesnt make it more intellectual. You can also just watch anime to enjoy it because it makes you feel good. I prefer the latter, superior form of entertainment enjoyment. I suppose some do enjoy the other way. Nobody's perfect.

Oh yeah, two shows from summer released their final volumes last week, so we have a couple final averages:

Tari Tari averages about 8,300 across six volumes (DVD+BD).
Moyashimon Returns averages about 1,600 across six volumes (DVD+BD).

Sawa lives :D

Hey R_thanatos.

The Unlimited 6

How can you say this guy isn't genocidal?!
His actions don't match his words.
By "normals" he means everyone trying to take advantage of "espers" and he makes a globalisation.
The guy
is dying with a bullet on his head and all he wants is someone to pass the torch untill his "queen" takes the job.It's a bad guy job and bad guy attitude to protect the ones he has to protect.
He has no plans to make a genocide and he never will.
I guess it's because there was a break before hand but I found the Kintama acr a bit disappointing. Good beginning and end but it waned in the middle.
But the average gintama episode is very good.

Let me break it down:
-LEGENDARY (10)
-AWESOME (9)
-SUPERB (8)
-VERY GOOD (7)
-GOOD (6)
-AVERAGE (5)
-BAD (4)
-VERY BAD (3)
-AWEFULL (2)
-HORRIBLE (1)
-CRAP(0)

Gintama never goes below average on episodes and most arcs are in the (8 to 10) catégory. This is a fact ..So yeah this one being in the VERY GOOD catégory was in fact a bad note coming from me. Sligtly disapointing.

Aikatsu! 17

aikatsu17.jpg

Man, they crammed so many special appeals into this episode that I completely lost count. It seems they've finally started to build some overarching plot as they introduced both the "Legendary" idols that can overcome the three-special-appeal-limit and it's hinted that
Ichigo's mother may have been an idol in the past.
Well, I guess they gotta make this thing last 50+ episodes somehow.

Surely I'm not the only one still watching this, right? :(
I only watched 3 epsiode of aikatsu ( i might restart one day ) but
Ichigo's mother
was already hinted in the first 3 episodes if you pay attention.

Wow, the mecha for Majestic Prince have pretty interesting designs: http://mjp-anime.jp/12mecha/index.html

Hopefully Orange is going to do interesting CG animations here like they did for Akito. Considering how they're credited for co-production of the series, this could be their moment to shine. :D

*incoming spam*
MJP looks pretty good both characters and these mechs. I think it has all the pieces in place to be a really good show. Hopefully they will do more than 11-13 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom