• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
jWWkGsG.png

green girl with mic best girl.

Shergal

Tamako Market 3

This episode was the best one so far. The animation's not up to ep 1's levels, but still very good with a lot of nice cuts scattered throughout the episode, especially featuring the new girl. What takes all the prizes in this one, for me, is the background art:

They really focused on the trees here, establishing the feeling of spring very strongly with all the green and sakura (a lot of sakura petals throughout the episode too). But in general the BG art was pleasing to look at, and was well-integrated into the scenes.
Sakkan was Nobuaki Maruki, I thought he did an average job. Odd, since his episodes tend to look a bit less wobbly and more detailed most of the time. But at least he made sure there were nice and believable expressions when it counted: the scene with Shiori "rehearsing", the scene at the cafe and the last scene of the ep with Tamako and Midori on the phone. Oh and before the OP played when Shiori picked up the bird and we got a close up, that was a good looking one too.

The few comedic moments had a nice delivery and good timing, and the atmosphere of the episode was very well established. I like how this show handles the music, it's kind of odd but sort of charming in a way, and so far it's been interesting.

My only complaint so far is that the show is still not going anywhere, and it seems more likely that we'll just be having SoL episodic stories until the last 2~3 episodes; that kind of structure tends to fail when it comes to the execution, so I'm a bit worried as to what will happen to a potential narrative if they decide to include it, while on the other hand this setting and the plot points they have been setting would feel half-assed if the only thing that comes out of this is a standard healing show.

Last but not least, the music store guy is awesome, I hope he has a chance to express his DEEP WISDOM every episode.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I wish I had your conviction Flots. Good luck!

I like how everyone came to the same conclusion as I regarding which pony is which Cure. Rarity got shafted though.

Oh wow. :lol

Mikage Souji, Touga Kiryuu, Saionji Kyouichi

Don't think you'd like it.

Man screw all those bastards. They can burn in the deepest pits of hell! :mad:

Oh snap, those are some developing abs on that blonde girl. What's her name?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The iDOLM@STER 13

Great assortment of songs even if they weren't that long... Wish this episode was more on music than dorama.

FUCKING AMAZING BOSS Tier - Makoto

Awesome Tier - Haruka

Great Tier - Chihaya, Miki

Good Tier - Azusa

Bad Tier - Hibiki

Fucking Failure Tier - Yukiho

Fuck You Tier - Yayoi, Iori, Ami, Mami

Ezalc

The iDOLM@STER 13

Great assortment of songs even if they weren't that long... Wish this episode was more on music than dorama.

FUCKING AMAZING BOSS Tier - Makoto

Awesome Tier - Haruka

Great Tier - Chihaya, Miki

Good Tier - Azusa

Bad Tier - Hibiki

Fucking Failure Tier - Yukiho

Fuck You Tier - Yayoi, Iori, Ami, Mami

Only bad thing about this list is that Azusa and Haruka aren't swapped. In time, in time.

Metrotab

Banned
Winter Backlog Anonymous: Windy Tales - 2

Despite not being too intrigued by the actual events transpiring, I just love to soak in this show's amosphere. The music really finishes it off. The romantic development was cute.

Syrinx

Put Utena Vol. 1 in my wish-list on Amazon. This close to pulling the trigger. Also, only $26 or so.

Edit: More like $30. Still not bad.

Grzi

There cannot be any real defense for creatures as abominable as they.

Eureka Seven 26

I still think episode 24 is better, but I can see why people would like this episode so much. Particularly when Renton looks Holland in the eye and is basically like, "Screw you, guy I used to think was so damn cool, and screw your ship of people I used to think were so cool. I don't give two damns about you. I came back for Eureka and that's it. She's not here? See you later, JERK."

It really is a nice pay off to FINALLY see Renton 1)be more of a man than Holland and 2)flat out get the better of Holland in a confrontation. It was also nice to know that neither Charles nor Ray wished any physical harm upon Renton and Eureka, and Ray really wants her son back.

I didn't get the reason why people said Charles looked like a Raccoon, though.

In any case, Renton's giant middle finger to Holland was as worth it as Sosuke's to his commanding officers at the end of TSR. I really like moments like that.

I . . . kind of don't care about Renton x Eureka, though. It's cute and sweet, but I dunno, I'm not a fan of tweenage true love, I guess.

Also, Renton became Kira at the end of the episode by just chopping dudes arms off instead of blowing them up. This is like, a big deal in Mecha anime and always presented as more difficult to do than killing a foe.

Never forget ;___;

Narag

Ayashi no Yoru ni 18

There's some subtle continuity in this between Mei & Gabu's friendship and trust growing and the difficulty for them to meet up as both the herd & pack ask questions. Makes for some humorous situations though.

Gintama 203
Disapointment of the day

Gintama is still a cool anime and the various twists were kinda cool ..but they didn't bother to use the joke in a efficient manner.
After the reveal what they should have done would have been to go on a smaking rampage , ( even possibly with some action ) but intead the solved it with some cheap running gag.

Gintama%20-%20203.jpg

Rescuse force ! on the go !!

Still as a introductory arc , this was pretty good..they should have used more characters in the joke to turn chinpachi life around but still.

Gintama still got it !

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, they're officially bringing MLP:FiM to Japan. What makes this worth posting in the anime thread, besides the fact that half of you watch the show anyway? The fact that four of the main characters are being voiced by the four main Milky Holmes seiyuu.

Suzuko Mimori (Sherlock) -- Pinkie Pie
Sora Tokui (Nero) -- Applejack
Mikoi Sasaki (Elly) -- Rarity
Izumi Kitta (Cordelia) -- Rainbow Dash

So if this does well, there may be Revlotech pony toys, then I remembered the Woody toy...

I wept.

Then I hoped for Yukari Fukui as Fluttershy, Keiko Han as Luna and Aya Hisakawa as Twilight.

and Narushi Ikeda as Spike the baby dragon....

Metrotab

Banned
Winter Backlog Anonymous: Hataraki Man - 3

- Pretty funny how meetings are universally reviled in offices around the world.
- This episode almost makes me want to experience office culture for myself. Almost.
- Kobu-san is actually a pretty cool character. Capable and trustworthy.
- Sex & Food seems like one of the best newspaper positions ever.

Ultimadrago

Wandering Son 3

This was another nice episode. Nitorin should have called out Seya for
sticking his sickly tongue down his sister's throat
! Joking aside, it was silly (in a charming way) how the conversation on it shifted quickly to puberty. The characters are still amusing and the palette is still easy on the eyes. Additionally, the line that transitioned into the ED was great.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Seriously, that image posted above of Miki is a bit of a mind blow. Never knew she was meant to be that muscular.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Educate yourself asap little mascot.

We're in the anime thread, so are we asking him to learn about AKB0048, or are we asking him to learn about the band the show is based off of?

I mean I've never bothered to learn about the latter. In fact a friend of man was curious as to why I even watched AKB0048 without knowing anything about the real group.

I told him, because AKB0048 is the definition of entertainment!

Narag

We're in the anime thread, so are we asking him to learn about AKB0048, or are we asking him to learn about the band the show is based off of?

I mean I've never bothered to learn about the latter. In fact a friend of man was curious as to why I even watched AKB0048 without knowing anything about the real group.

I told him, because AKB0048 is the definition of entertainment!

I'd just cryptically whisper, "Kawamori," and he'd know what I was talking about if he was a true anime fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom