• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Oh wait, this is basically a popularity poll with #1 getting the center position? Suddenly it all makes sense. I can imagine hardcore fans buying dozens of the CDs just for the votes.
lol dozens

Try thousands:
1-013d5.jpg

That's 1770 votes for a grand total of 2.8 million yen.
akb49104a.png

Narag

lol dozens

Try thousands:
1-013d5.jpg

That's 1770 votes for a grand total of 2.8 million yen.

Its not just the "center" though. There's also the first 16 positions where the girls who get in, get to perform in the next single and do music shows and TV and stuff.

what in the hell

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tamako Market - 03

Shiori is simply adorable. Dera's attempts to
woo her throughout the entire episode
were hilarious, silly bird. Really beautiful backgrounds in this episode too.

Angel Beats Episode 1-2

I'm not too keen on this. I haven't watched something from KEY before but I've heard that all their stuff becomes melodramatic near the end. That should be fun <_<

Its a really fun anime as a whole and quite memorable if it hadnt been for Angel Beats I would only be watching shonen jump adaptations of series and thats it.

Kazzy

No, but the girl I was thinking about is there - Himeko!

It's sort of the same design... different hair colour. lol

I forgot that there was a biography of the entire class though. Where did you find it?

I was going to post that, but you know, it's not even the same hairstyle!

They included it as inserts in the BR sets, you can find all of them fairly easily.

Syrinx

K-ON!! 15

They make these girls run fucking marathons? Okay, not quite marathons, but still....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK TTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking running. During the physical fitness test the mile run was always my bain. Hated that shit with a passion. We'd have to run 4 laps on the track, and I'd wear out at about 1/2. Which was strange cause in regular PE I could run 5 minutes straight with little trouble. Still, fuck that.

And Yui has immense trouble staying focused. She gets distracted b a dog and a cat and a vending machine. No surprises there. Then she ends up at Ma's house cause she scraped her knee. OH GOD, not a scraped knee! Then Mio ends flashily, which she hates. Also, Sawako gets lost in the woods.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey while you're here, can I vote for Arashi no Yoru ni: Himitsu no Tomodachi in the AOTY thread? It's from this year but it's not on your list of eligible stuff.

God damn, somehow my joke turned into one of your top ten shows of the year? lol

K-ON!! 15

They make these girls run fucking marathons? Okay, not quite marathons, but still....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK TTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking running. During the physical fitness test the mile run was always my bain. Hated that shit with a passion. We'd have to run 4 laps on the track, and I'd wear out at about 1/2. Which was strange cause in regular PE I could run 5 minutes straight with little trouble. Still, fuck that.

And Yui has immense trouble staying focused. She gets distracted b a dog and a cat and a vending machine. No surprises there. Then she ends up at Ma's house cause she scraped her knee. OH GOD, not a scraped knee! Then Mio ends flashily, which she hates. Also, Sawako gets lost in the woods.

The person who created the Turkey Trot for elementary kids is a piece of shit.

Uchip

Banned
She got her comeuppance though.

Now I know what pizzaroll feels when people are using reductio ad absurdum arguments against Hyouka.

thats funny coming from someone that sprung ad hominem attacks on me earlier
not to mention this post being an appeal to emotion

if Utena is not what it appears to me, youre supposed to convince me rationally, with an argument.

Nafe

Crest of the Stars (Seikai no Monshou)

Episode 8

Kind of a quick interesting revelation at the section before the opening where it's mentioned that
many of the Baron's servants,despite seeming really subservient, are more fascinated by the Abh in general and not specifically the Baron himself.

The Baron was sort of redeemed a bit this episode as he seemed to know more of what he was doing and a general threat. Haha, I loved the part where the conversation went something like "Idiot! If you're going to rebel against me, then at least do it properly!" It seemed by his actions he actually did care about his father as well.

It was interesting to see this episode have a couple smaller ships in more of a dogfight type scenario in contrast to the larger ships battle that was shown earlier. I thought the Baron mentioned that
his facility didn't have any ships. I suppose he lied about that as well then.

The battle was rather short lived though and the outcome makes me wonder.
First I would think having antimatter as part of your fuel supply wouldn't be a good thing as I thought when a particle of matter and another of antimatter meet, they destroy each other in a huge release of energy. Even if the protagonists were okay it didn't seem like the particles should eat into the Baron's ship like that with an almost corroding like effect but rather it should have just been instantly destroyed in a big explosion instead.

The last part aboard the ship it was interesting again to see the contrast of thoughts between the Abh and terrans. The way Lafiel would word something and have it to have one meaning but Jinto would interpret it as another. Such as when she was remarking about attacking the ship and simply commenting on the one possible outcome where Jinto took it as she was already thinking they had won instead.

Gintama 205
i'm actually surprised i haven't seen the start of an arc yet ..4 episode into this season and no hint on something of the sort .

First part of this episode was boring . Second part however was kinda cool and i don't like baseball at all. But the faces ...the faces ..

VERDICT :AVERAGE

i hope i'll reach a cool arc soon

I was going to post that, but you know, it's not even the same hairstyle!

They included it as inserts in the BR sets, you can find all of them fairly easily.
Yeah, I think you posted them in the K-ON! thread a month or so ago.
K-ON!! 15

What are you, Yui? I love the ending of this episode.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
One Piece - 580 (re-watch)

tmE8DXg.png

Sweaty Robin is best Robin.
Well 2nd to dark skin Robin of course.

Was watching this last night but fell asleep during the second half. Anyway, Zoro shows off by
lopping off the head of a damn dragon
, and Sanji and the others that stayed on the ship
get bodied by knockout gas
. Is it just me or did anyone else find the
Darth Vader breathing by the guys in the Punk Hazards suits
to be incredibly annoying?

Theonik

Oh wait, this is basically a popularity poll with #1 getting the center position? Suddenly it all makes sense. I can imagine hardcore fans buying dozens of the CDs just for the votes.
Not quite. A popularity contest simply gauges which has the greatest support in terms of the volume of people. Imagine this like the EVO thing with the donations. It really comes down on which idol has the most crazed fan with insane amount of disposable incomes.
Actually it's closer to a cult of sorts from what I gather.
I swear the more I read about real AKB the less the stuff in the show seems made up and I'm not sure if it enhances the show by making it a ingenious parody on the whole thing or just makes me sad.

zeroshiki

Not quite. A popularity contest simply gauges which has the greatest support in terms of the volume of people. Imagine this like the EVO thing with the donations. It really comes down on which idol has the most crazed fan with insane amount of disposable incomes.
I swear the more I read about real AKB the less the stuff in the show seems made up and I'm not sure if it enhances the show by making it a ingenious parody on the whole thing or just makes me sad.

I weep for humanity but have learned to accept my AKB overlords. Its quite literally impossible to live here and not be exposed to them in some way since they're everywhere.

Cardfight!! Vanguard 51 Eng Dub
tumblr_mh3x1pjqvC1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mh3x1pjqvC1qbxqfpo2_500.png

The difference a balanced deck can make, Morikawa is pretty awesome with one, Gold Rutile terrorizing Tyrant Death Rex, then a NGM Protype being destroyed, overall just plain fun, though even if feeling like filler.
When he said Final Turn, lol, his best moment

Narag

Oh I was referring the show itself there. I just assumed that was actual voting since the whole illegal outlaw thing probably inhibiting sales but I guess not every planet has the entertainment ban in effect so I have no idea.

Theonik

I weep for humanity but have learned to accept my AKB overlords. Its quite literally impossible to live here and not be exposed to them in some way since they're everywhere.
Oh sure, not like I lose sleep at night. Probably easy enough to ignore/get used to. But still.
:lol
Oh I was referring the show itself there. I just assumed that was actual voting since the whole illegal outlaw thing probably inhibiting sales but I guess not every planet has the entertainment ban in effect so I have no idea.
I will have to re-watch the show to be sure but I think they go over it very briefly in one of the episodes. Still works with tickets I think.

Syrinx

K-ON!! 15

Azu-nyan episode here. Basically the episode is all about how the light music club has officially corrupted her and how she's now a slacker just like the rest of the club. She has her sights set on practicing throughout the episode, but something always comes up. Heart-to-hearts with Mugi, Mio having to help Ritsu sew a skirt for home ec (that's still a thing?), and cleaning Ton-chan's tank with Yui. She then lets down her guard for good when she asks Jun what cat ears she's going to wear for the festival, officially making her...one of them.

Defuser

Tamako Market ep 3
The bathroom scene completely makes all the girl characters look the same :|

I guess the only way to establish different characters is hairstyle and eye color.

GINTAMA 206
i can't laugh .
i won't laugh

Serious gintama episode time.

Gintama%20-%20206.jpg

WARNING ! WARNING ! Main character is angry !

This episode trully was excellent on all fronts ... from the gundam references to the little jokes aside. I trully expected that this was all true ..but i remained on "guard" for a gintama twist. i received a harsh reality twist. and frankly my reaction would have been as powerfull as the one the hero did.

Gintama really incredible to mix comedy and serious stuff.

VERDICT : AMAZING

Ps: i think it's a shame because this could have been a intresting way to evolve catherine character that frankly hasn't changed much since episode 16 to 25. You could say that all the gintama characters haven't changed much outside their introduction arc but still catherine needed a change. This episode did a good job to at least expand on the duo relationship.

K-ON is a carefully cleverly calculated cornucopia of concentrated Cuteness.

Fuuko Takahashi is of course by far the best background girl.

K-ON!! 15

Azu-nyan episode here. Basically the episode is all about how the light music club has officially corrupted her and how she's now a slacker just like the rest of the club. She has her sights set on practicing throughout the episode, but something always comes up. Heart-to-hearts with Mugi, Mio having to help Ritsu sew a skirt for home ec (that's still a thing?), and cleaning Ton-chan's tank with Yui. She then lets down her guard for good when she asks Jun what cat ears she's going to wear for the festival, officially making her...one of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imar64p4j_k
I know I had to take home ec. in middle school, and I'm fairly sure it was a class you could take at my high school, or at least something similar.
The scene with Mugi and Azusa had a lot more yuri undertones than it did here in the anime, but it was still cute seeing Mugi strumming on the guitar.

zeroshiki

Speaking of crazy stuff, I didn't realize how many election posters there were until I found a page with them and kept scrolling and scrolling...

They do it every election although there's an element of self-awareness in that they're supposed to be parodies of legit election posters.

Like this one:
t02200225_0408041712297038296.png

Narag

They do it every election although there's an element of self-awareness in that they're supposed to be parodies of legit election posters.

Like this one:
t02200225_0408041712297038296.png

I've learned more about AKB than I ever wanted to know tonight. Time to go bury my head in the sand.

Syrinx

Fuuko Takahashi is of course by far the best background girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imar64p4j_k
I know I had to take home ec. in middle school, and I'm fairly sure it was a class you could take at my high school, or at least something similar.
The scene with Mugi and Azusa had a lot more yuri undertones than it did here in the anime, but it was still cute seeing Mugi strumming on the guitar.

Whhhaaaaaa? Seriously? I thought home ec went the way of the dodo. In 7th grade I had to take one marking period of shop, music, art, and world languages. Then it was electives in eighth grade.

Whhhaaaaaa? Seriously? I thought home ec went the way of the dodo. In 7th grade I had to take one marking period of shop, music, art, and world languages. Then it was electives in eighth grade.

Well this was quite a few years ago, so maybe they don't do it anymore. We didn't have any world language in middle school as far as I remember, but the heavily encouraged it in highschool.
But it was fun cooking, but I can relate with Ritsu, I never was good at sewing. lol I did manage to sew an apron together.

cajunator

Banned
thats funny coming from someone that sprung ad hominem attacks on me earlier
not to mention this post being an appeal to emotion

if Utena is not what it appears to me, youre supposed to convince me rationally, with an argument.

True.
There has been a lot of that from quite a few people.
Myself included.
But anyway, Hyouka sucks.

Tamako

tumblr_mh3v7cVZYU1rg8777o1_500.gif

It hurts.

It hurts so good.
I think I might die.

That is how I ended up buying so much anime. I keep telling myself that it won't be cheaper than this and I just click add to cart.

It never gets cheaper.
The only way to cope is to accept your fate.
Its too late to turn back now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom