• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Kaiji is an allegory for the noble industrialists and other productive citizens (Kazutaka Hyoudou) being constantly undermined by loathsome parasites like the filthy poors and their collectivist ilk (Kaiji & co).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kaiji is an allegory for the noble industrialists and other productive citizens (Kazutaka Hyoudou) being constantly undermined by loathsome parasites like the filthy poors and their collectivist ilk (Kaiji & co).
If anything is Marxist, it's Kaiji.

Jarmel

Banned
Which jargon? You have a thread right here you can ask :)

Don't read the Wiki entry; it spoils the whole show in the terminology explanation.

Alright. Up to episode 21 so if there is an explanation later then just state so please.
How is it possible for a person's cyberbody to be separated? What exactly is a cyberbody? Why does the seperation process cause a person to go into a coma? How does a VR do this? Wouldn't the VR need a neural interface?

I have some other jargon issues but I'll hold off. I'm at the point of handwaving this as magic.

cajunator

Banned
Oh man. so stuffed. Had pho for dinner. yummy yummy pho.

Smile Precure! 24

As if everyone couldn't be any more cuter. Did like all the fairy tales cameos going on in this episode.

Yeah no kidding. This episode will be a test of my endurance.

YOOOOOOOO! Miki just went top-tier!

If she looked like that in the anime she definitely would have been top 5. I just find most blondes boring (except certain soft voiced French girls)

Oh Tomat, you potato.

This new 'Who Quoted Me' function is pretty nice.

EDIT: Woah, shit's blue.

What is blue??

Kyoto Animation is a bad animation studio, and Shaft is the best!!!

Its true. I'm glad we agree duckroll.

yunorun8kq6k.gif

"Game over, man! Game over!"

HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh right, speaking of blights on America's past, the assignment of debt is exactly how the US Government scammed large portions of land away from many native tribes and nations, by getting them into buying American stuff on credit to the point that selling out their homeland was their only recourse. Hyoudou would be proud.

wonzo

Banned
Well, that is the other way of looking at it, but it'd be an interpretation on the level of saying slavery in America was a good thing for the slaves.
Hence why Objectivism is an infantile and morally vacuous ideology. I was taking the piss, jeez.

Necrovex

Gintama 11-16

I didn't realize Dork could have so many meanings to it!

What I am really enjoying about this show thus far is the subtle touches to past events. Also, the characters are hilarious. I even dig the minor peeps. I am still waiting for the "Shit Just Got Real" episodes though.

The OST is also awesome.

Lain

From The New World 20

The scary mood kept in the first part of the episode worked well, though the
separation of Saki from Satoru
disappointed me a bit.
I'm still really curious about
the fiend
, but while I may have my own wrong ideas, I find it a bit strange that the people in the show have no clue how it's possible that
there is a fiend helping the Queerats. Shouldn't they be suspecting the Queerats did something with Maria/Mamoru, since they were the ones that brought back their bones?

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 15

I'm gonna have to take this arc slowly. Two episodes in and Ikuhara's gone all in on the brainfuckery.

What's with this show and girls lusting after their brother's hot shafts? First Nanami, then Anthy (though I guess her brother wants her just as much if not more), and now Miki's sister. The FUCK?! Kozue is super jelly that Miki has a crush on Anthy and goes to the confessional where the Black Rose cult/douchebag organization gives her the Black Rose seal. Apparently, people with the Black Rose seal can steal the hearts of people with the regular Rose Seal. Yet, when she fights Utena, Utena defeats her, cause Utena's not a bitch.

About Miki: He's a bit of a dork, but if Anthy was to be with anyone other than Utena, he'd probably be better than anyone else, if only because everyone else who wants her will certainly treat her like garbage. At least he actually likes Anthy and Utena, and they like him back. Although I suppose his desires to have her are ultimately fueled by self-interest.

At the end. "Choo choo". WHAT THE HELL?! There are several connotations I can think of for that, and all are giving me unpleasant mental pictures.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Revolutionary Girl Utena 15

I'm gonna have to take this arc slowly. Two episodes in and Ikuhara's gone all in on the brainfuckery.

What's with this show and girls lusting after their brother's hot shafts? First Nanami, then Anthy (though I guess her brother wants her just as much if not more), and now Miki's sister. The FUCK?! Kozue is super jelly that Miki has a crush on Anthy and goes to the confessional where the Black Rose cult/douchebag organization gives her the Black Rose seal. Apparently, people with the Black Rose seal can steal the hearts of people with the regular Rose Seal. Yet, when she fights Utena, Utena defeats her, cause Utena's not a bitch.

About Miki: He's a bit of a dork, but if Anthy was to be with anyone other than Utena, he'd probably be better than anyone else, if only because everyone else who wants her will certainly treat her like garbage. At least he actually likes Anthy and Utena, and they like him back. Although I suppose his desires to have her are ultimately fueled by self-interest.

At the end. "Choo choo". WHAT THE HELL?! There are several connotations I can think of for that, and all are giving me unpleasant mental pictures.
Wincest.

Metrotab

Banned
OreImo (rewatch) - 4

Ah, Comiket. If I understand right it's a place where both doujinshi get booths where they sell works and give autographs, and for anime/VN/manga publishers to hold industry booths to sell exclusive Comiket-line products. Right? That actually sounds cool simply to see once, but the legendary long lines would be a major impetus to me. Do VIP tickets exist?

BluWacky

Alright. Up to episode 21 so if there is an explanation later then just state so please.
How is it possible for a person's cyberbody to be separated? What exactly is a cyberbody? Why does the seperation process cause a person to go into a coma? How does a VR do this? Wouldn't the VR need a neural interface?

I have some other jargon issues but I'll hold off. I'm at the point of handwaving this as magic.

There is an explanation later in the series for most of this, but it's not until episode 25 or so that it becomes explicit. I don't think you'll be satisfied by it, but it touches on some of the issues you've raised in your last few posts.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Smile Precure! 25

Beach episode! ish. I am amused at how the villains basically decide what to do based off what is being aired on television. I bet that TV is the ultimate villain since it always leads them to where the Precure are. I wouldn't mind seeing more combo artes too.

One of my favorite episodes.

jZ0c9wh.png

Dat hand sex.

Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter 18
gyrozetterroof_by_tristtrist-d5v773e.gif

Fantastic valentines day episode. All the chocolate was amazing and kind of happiness inducing, Taku and Ibuki were fun characters and personalities, and then Shunsukes popularity. I liked the new ED with them all on the roof and it doing the whole city thing and I think the music group, TEMPURA KIDZ, is starting to grow on me.

Next episode will be good if it involves my second favorite character.
Eraser-01 plot advancement I hope

I want my Golden Sun anime first...amiti, ivan, animated would be great.
tumblr_m1nw4fazai1qh1ekgo1_500.png

and doesnt Fire Emblem have representation in Aoi Sekai Chuusin dadadadah anime?
An anime adapting the first 2 games would be great ... with some delicous magic and summonning ( no cg )

Odin Sphere also needs an anime.
Yep they should adapt it in a game timeline kind a way leaving the player to figure out the true path ...

We all know that broadcasting order is better than chronological order after all.

I am learning it at the moment and what a complicated software. Youtube tutorials never answers your questions when you are stuck.

Actually i know how to use the program but just a little.. when i see all the gif maker , and all the avatar makers #animegaf has , i realise quickly how basic my knowledge is.

Robotics;Notes 17
tumblr_mi8sn4KaDm1qkgj66o1_500.jpg
tumblr_mi8sn4KaDm1qkgj66o3_500.jpg

Kai's best statements. This and Little Busters in the same season is intense, both anime have these episodes that make me cry tears of sadness and then tears of joy, a perfect balance and then throwing a cliffhanger.
I was hoping for so long that he'd finally download it, groaned each time he was interrupted last episode and the Sawada this episode coming to see him. But why...hope these Kimijima reports being executed wasnt the entire plan all along, it would then make it seem like those other groups around were good all along. Even more, for the sister at the company, it sounded like she was making some last ditch effort, but then cut off. I pray she doesn't meet a bad end either. Sure she has always been behind the scenes and such but that is just too tragic, everyone nearly losing their friends and such or worst, I guess Subaru lost something? No chance to walk again or something and no hopes and aspirations for robots anymore, just plain terrible. I hope he joins them back for GunPro-2 stuff.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Anyone else think it's about time for another Fire Emblem anime?

I'm completely addicted to Awakening right now but it has the most generic shell of a non-story of any FE game to date, which is saying something considering that all FE games have essentially the same plot.

I'd much rather something like Bravely Default or Type-0 get an anime because at least I'll be able to experience them in some form that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom