• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

With all due respect, you're completely nuts! Wacky. Bananas. Etc.

I don't know, something about last week's episode really bothered me. Not sure what. It had astound amounts of atmosphere, but left me confused and sort of bored. Really enjoyed the story movement in this week's episode much more.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Then again, some of us are watching Sailor Moon and giving impressions of it too :D
Toonami is a little different to me. You are actively choosing to wait to consume media available in other formats that has often been translated into an inferior version. It's one thing to get around to an older anime for the first time on your own terms, and another to adhere to the bizarre schedule of a nearly defunct television station.

How can we agree on so many things but disagree on this type of fundamentals? I both hate you and love you, Kuwabara.
P.S. You were kinda right about Moffat and Who.

It's the same sticking point that a lot of people seem to have with my opinions.

On some level, I guess the show (and Imaishi works in general) just aren't for me, and I can recognize why other people like them. I probably wouldn't feel as vocal about voicing my displeasure for the show if not for everyone who loves it doing the opposite.

Glad you can see light.

Dresden

Even as a huge Evangelion lover, I'm not sure it's the god show people make it out to be. I'm certainly conflicted on if it's overrated or not.

Well, if it's good, it's good. If it's bad, it's bad. Worrying about how other people might 'overrate' things is a waste of time.

yami4ct

Jex

I would not call Gurren terrible. It's a perfectly fine show. I would call it one of the most overrated mecha anime of all time, however.

Now now, "overrated" is almost a worthless a word to use on the internet as "pretentious". It's one of those code words which simply indicated to the reader that you didn't like something which lots of people did like.

yami4ct

Now now, "overrated" is almost a worthless a word to use on the internet as "pretentious". It's one of those code words which simply indicated to the reader that you didn't like something which lots of people did like.

Touche. You're totally right. My bad. Get caught up in dumb, internet confrontation speak once in a while.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mechanical nature?
Eh, I think you are arguing semantics here. The EVAs function as giant vehicles for fighting and exploration of the pilots that drive them supercedes whatever silly argument you wanna have regarding whether my mech is more mechanical than your android or whatever.

Jex

You people insist on tearing down all i love, don't you? Next you'll try and tell me Zeta, Turn A, and Victory Gundam are no good.

Despite how much I may enjoy ∀ Gundam Tomino really couldn't direct his way out a paper bag which is why Zeta is such a fundamentally hateful series.

At the very least, in this, I know that I'm mostly standing alone in the Siberian tundra because people certainly love their Zeta.

yami4ct

There's plenty to like about what Evangelion does with the super robot genre even before getting on the issue of teenagers being antisocial dipshits.

I do like Eva as a mech show, but I don't really love it. It's all the other antisocial commentary bullshit that elevates it to awesome tier for me.

Well, if it's good, it's good. If it's bad, it's bad. Worrying about how other people might 'overrate' things is a waste of time.

hyoukamanga_zps806aea7a.png

Risette

A Good Citizen
Eh, I think you are arguing semantics here. The EVAs function as giant vehicles for fighting and exploration of the pilots that drive them supercedes whatever silly argument you wanna have regarding whether my mech is more mechanical than your android or whatever.
So? It's good to know the meaning of things.

Eva is like a kaiju anime with powersuits.

Shergal

And they're also animated in the same way mecha is animated, which makes them mecha moreso than any story-related stuff.

yami4ct

Despite how much I may enjoy ∀ Gundam Tomino really couldn't direct his way out a paper bag which is why Zeta is such a fundamentally hateful series.

At the very least, in this, I know that I'm mostly standing alone in the Siberian tundra because people certainly love their Zeta.

You aren't totally alone. I'll admit Zeta does have massive issues. I adore it despite those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom