• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Well this was quite a few years ago, so maybe they don't do it anymore. We didn't have any world language in middle school as far as I remember, but the heavily encouraged it in highschool.
But it was fun cooking, but I can relate with Ritsu, I never was good at sewing. lol I did manage to sew an apron together.

I almost kinda wish I had to take home ec. I'd know how to actually cook some shit.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Code:
cajunator	122
BGBW	111
kayos90	80

Looks like BGBW is the hero we've been waiting for.

It's only currently. You know that I'll have more posts by the end, right?

Also, YOU DIDN"T CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS THE END OF THE LAST OT NARAG!

Articalys

Tamako

tumblr_mh3v7cVZYU1rg8777o1_500.gif

It hurts.
Lesser quality, but:
If she wasn't already wearing glasses this would be a fantastic "deal with it" gif.

cajunator

Banned
Whhhaaaaaa? Seriously? I thought home ec went the way of the dodo. In 7th grade I had to take one marking period of shop, music, art, and world languages. Then it was electives in eighth grade.

I had to take it as well.
That was a long time ago.
Home ec was a pretty informative class actually. Not sure why it was dropped.

That Tamako gif looks like half cg or something.
I don't see it. Looks all 2D to me.
I almost kinda wish I had to take home ec. I'd know how to actually cook some shit.
It's not like I retained much of that knowledge anyways. lol
Lesser quality, but:

If she wasn't already wearing glasses this would be a fantastic "deal with it" gif.
That's never stopped them before.

Oh hey there, OT -5. Damn work training keeping me too busy this week. But not so much that I couldn't finish Oreimo (including the specials) and Haganai. Loved them both, especially Oreimo. Loved seeing all the extra screen time that Kuroneko got...pretty sure she's my favorite of the cast. I greatly enjoyed Haganai's cast as well, especially Rika. It was also fun seeing
the very brief Oreimo "cameo" in Ep 11

Think I might be ready soon to get back into current season stuff.

Mitsuho

Banned
Sakuramochi is a variety of wagashi with red bean paste and covered with a sakura leaf.

Tamako market 4 will be? Hishi mochi, Hanabiramochi, Sakuramochi, Kakumochi, Kusa mochi?

th

Maedhros

Saint Seiya Omega 041 is the most awful episode on the series so far. Holy shit... there's a moment where Eden gets a close up... his eyes get separated a lot... like these old Key animes.

Gintama 207 & 208
This mini arc was strange it was painfully stupid but it ended in a good way.

i wonder if this power-up is definite or if it's a filler thing. Anyway those 2 episodes were alright.

VERDICT : GOOD

Articalys

Looks like a third anime for Milky Holmes has been confirmed for the summer.
Detective Opera Milky Holmes co-creator Rei Kodama confirmed on Thursday that a new Milky Holmes Sisters project was announced during Bushiroad's stage event. It will be the third television anime that will advance the franchise into a new stage with new characters. The new characters include Kazumi and Arisu (Alice), two 12-year-old girls. Kazumi will be voiced by Aimi Terakawa, while Arisu will be cast in an open audition.

Noir 12

Was definitely not expecting a Chloe episode, which was really fantastic. One thing though: I'm starting to get bothered by how little actual violence there is in this show. There are people being shot up left and right but I haven't seen an ounce of blood in this entire show. It sort of kills some immersion considering this is a pretty "realistic" anime.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Wouldn't being a girl in a slice of life anime be the greatest thing ever?
Life would be so much better. I would live in a nice middle-upper class house. My parents would always be off on trips or working. I wouldn't have to see them often. I would go to go to school and have a bunch of cool friends. We would just hang out and waste time doing nothing.

Life would be so much better. I would live in a nice middle-upper class house. My parents would always be off on trips or working. I wouldn't have to see them often. I would go to go to school and have a bunch of cool friends. We would just hang out and waste time doing nothing.

I would still probably stay in my room all day watching anime honestly. Though being the moe little girl in and of itself would be fantastic.

Uchip

Banned

in the world they live in they would have evolved passed the necessity for the reward pathways in the brain because everything is always perfect, and they would feel nothing at all
so im not sure if would be the greatest thing ever

Nafe

Crest of the Stars (Seikai no Monshou)

Episode 9

yd0vOiK.jpg

I just loved these orbital shots in the early part of the episode. Planets from space can look really beautiful and it be nice to get a chance,just once,to view the Earth from space in person...

I've been liking the show and really haven't been bothered by it's slow pace but the way Jinto would comment as part of his narrations about them being involved in a long and major war I was beginning to wonder when things would escalate. It seems this episode was the beginning to that.

Regarding the Febdash system,
even despite the Baron causing the fuel asteroids to explode and their little dogfight, it seems the United Mankind ships ended up ignoring the system in the end and moved straight for Sufugnoff.

Again, I like how the show subtly mentions the two parties varying viewpoints such as when Jinto mentions about tricking the United Mankind ships friend or foe scanners and Lafiel doesn't feel that would be a very honorable way to fight.

It was kind of neat that they avoided the mines by
the fact that they can chase them but have limited fuel supplies.
This episode seemed to show about the differences between the two different spaces again, where Jinto and Lafiel enter the system and the mines enter at a different location, supposedly misjudging where they would exit from.

The quick part about the orbiting tower makes me wonder how realistic it would ever be to actually built something along the lines of a space elevator. Something like a mass driver seems more likely instead.

Haha, this episode seems to make mention of what I had remarked on last episode regarding the ships engines.
Lafiel mentions that they can't enter the atmosphere with a tanks full of antimatter as they have to think of the safety of the inhabitants, since they can't actually land normally and it's more of an emergency landing. It kind of makes you wonder about their own safety again though...

WrGc6Iu.jpg

Check out that hair! There was some good hair animation this episode. The way the ship landed was very convincing that it was a rough ride. I like the use of the air cushions too. I remember reading about Mars landings where it was just an idea and now they seem almost "everyday." The way that it was shown as daytime and then after they wake up and you notice it's dusk was a nice subtle way to show they had gotten knocked out for a little while from the impact.

I love how the scene was handled when they first get on the planet. Lafiel just mentions beforehand that she's never actually been on one before and she's a bit scared. She pauses in the doorway of the ship with an anxious look on her face before having one of determination. I like how the shot is then framed to show more her legs and movements to emphasize her thinking it will be just like in space and then the momentarily emphasized awkwardness in the animation and the confused look on her face combined with Jinto asking her what's the matter, you can tell she's a bit surprised at what's it's ultimately like. This in contrast to Jinto who is treating everything as business as usual as he's use to it. It really is a neat contrast in how earlier Lafiel was in her element and now she's not and it's Jinto's turn.
Thankfully, as it was starting to feel like he wasn't really doing anything...

The next part I thought was great too, where it throws in a quick bit of science but also shows the contrast in what it's like for one person used to being on a planet compared to someone who's not. The way Lafiel thinks something is wrong with her eyes because the stars appear to twinkle I thought was a nice touch. Personally, I'm not sure if I've ever seen that done before, usually it seems like science fiction stories will focus more on the different groups differing as far as language or cultures or something instead if two groups like that meet. The way it sort of made light of the situation to top it off was amusing as well. I just loved that whole part.

RmXf63V.jpg

Empress Ramaj, leader of the Abh Empire. The way she has such a casual demeanor here really showed that others do not impose her easily but rather she's imposing to others.

The last scene with Empress Ramaj was very interesting as well. It seems we get our first look at the leader of the Abh empire as well as the representatives to the different groups which make up the United Humankind Alliance. The way the scene is set up visually you really do get the feeling that she is an imposing figure. There is the classic having on party elevated above another to show positional dominance in the current situation but the fact that her throne extends even further above her head just emphasizes this. There is also the aerial shot where her and her throne are seen to be at the center of the frame surrounded by a ring of water, making her the focal point as to what's important. The story is coming across as having a bias towards the Abh Empire that they truly are innocent and it is the United Humankind and their actions which makes them the seemingly undisputed antagonists as far as this story goes.

The Empress quickly dismissed their lies, seeing through them easily. She rather willingly accepts the call to war shocking the United delegates. I loved how her last lines came across. The way she mentioned it would be the last war and the one female delegate scoffed at the idea seeing eternal peace as merely a dream humanity will seemingly have but never achieve. The Empress then mentions that the exception this time is that there were no Abh's in the past. Even with just leaving her words about eternal peace, I took it as
the Abh Empire would simply wipe out every single person in the United Humankind,perhaps allowing some to join such as Jinto had done, until there were nothing but Abh's left.

Just the way she made a statement with such a seemingly malicious intent but with such a casual and polite tone and demeanor I thought was amazing. Sure, the crazy ones can be scary and intimidating but it's the dangerous ones that can remain calm, very polite even, that I think are the really scary ones.

Articalys

Okay, whoever wanted those Utena BD screencaps, here you go. hissatsu's analysis from the Mania forums:
The main question for Utena on BD is whether the rather severe aliasing in the DVD remaster is present. The answer is that yes, there is aliasing, but not nearly as severe as the DVD. On the plus side, little in the way of grain reduction to be seen. So, not as good as it could be, but still by far the best version that exists. A little disappointing, but pretty much what was expected.
A bunch of comparisons at the link.

cajunator

Banned
Noir 12

Was definitely not expecting a Chloe episode, which was really fantastic. One thing though: I'm starting to get bothered by how little actual violence there is in this show. There are people being shot up left and right but I haven't seen an ounce of blood in this entire show. It sort of kills some immersion considering this is a pretty "realistic" anime.

Noir is more concerned with the story and characters, so it minimalized the violence and bloodletting I think.
I remember reading stuff about it, possibly in Newtype, that discussed the exact reasons why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom