• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsuho

Banned
She obviously takes it off before changing/bathing.

Hakase removed it once quite facilely but given Nano's strongly expressed desire to have it removed I doubt she can take it out herself. Unseen velco slit straight down from the neji to the hem?

Shergal

Hakase can remove the neji but given Nano's strongly expressed desire to have it removed I doubt she can take it out herself. Unseen velco slit straight down from the neji to the hem?

That's the joke

There's a scene demonstrating Nano's tsundereness for her key, I reckon. I don't remember which one was though.

BluWacky

My only issue with AnimeGAF back when I was lurking was that some people here write entire essays about episodes they have just seen.

Makes my 2/3-line impressions feel inadequate, but I'm not a very analytical spirit when it comes to artistic consumption, I suppose.

But that's the beauty of a catch-all thread. Just because I'm not interested in idol/waifu wars doesn't mean that people can't talk about them - I read the thread for interesting impressions, technical discussions, analysis etc. etc. It's good that we can have many things in one place!

-Minsc-

i never skip the ED
it's just ... Just ... awesome.

-----------
I ... need a break..

VERDICT : LEGENDARY
ps: the build-up untill the last 5 minutes of this episode was fantastic.

This is an arc which stands up to the hype. All this praise and only two episodes in. As they say, "You ain't seen nothin yet.". Imagine having to wait an entire week for the next episode.

OceanBlue

I feel like there are a lot of us who read every post in this thread because we're genuinely interested in what everyone has to say, not due to some obligation or whatever. In that regard, I hope people don't feel too intimidated to post their impressions due to others who make larger posts. Even if people hurt my soul by saying shows I like suck, I'm still interested in seeing why they think that way. Plus, most people have their own separate ways of evaluating or recalling an anime. Just seeing what people pull from an episode is interesting enough.

cjkeats

Just started Episode 14. Of course they gotta tease the mystery.
bUHfsCn.png

I'm not ready for this new OP that just spoiled everything.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
My only issue with AnimeGAF back when I was lurking was that some people here write entire essays about episodes they have just seen.

Makes my 2/3-line impressions feel inadequate, but I'm not a very analytical spirit when it comes to artistic consumption, I suppose.

Don't sweat it. I felt the same way at first. I'd watch an episode and feel like I have a ton of things to say, but nothing really came out besides some one liners or whatever. Now I just make attempts at writing lengthy impressions on shows that really have an impact on me. Last time that happened was during my re-watch of the Utena movie.

Shergal

I feel like there are a lot of us who read every post in this thread because we're genuinely interested in what everyone has to say, not due to some obligation or whatever. In that regard, I hope people don't feel too intimidated to post their impressions due to others who make larger posts. Even if people hurt my soul by saying shows I like suck, I'm still interested in seeing why they think that way. Plus, most people have their own separate ways of evaluating or recalling an anime. Just seeing what people pull from an episode is interesting enough.

There's also the opposite case; I've seen huge, detailed impression posts that get no replies. That can be sort of discouraging, even if people read it, it leaves the feel that the post is being ignored.

Ultimadrago

Just started Episode 14. Of course they gotta tease the mystery.

I'm not ready for this new OP that just spoiled everything.

I really like both OPs, but I've met a number of people who like the first much more. It's not uncommon.

Also two pages of bickering! You can all blame uchip for starting it if you want, but the rest of you are also to blame for participating in it. Seriously, you all deserve a slap.

ii2Y7vnSUUrsC.gif

So mean!

Mitsuho

Banned
Speaking of hurt, my avatar hurts my heart. Megane Tamako is too precious.

Megane moe desu ne. As a more predictably unpredictable moe, I prefer Fushigi. Less reliant on helplessness to be moe. Being raised in a high-individuality country I can align with some of the social rebels. And I'm more tolerant of occult leanings than clumsy embarrassment.

Edit: Though there is a sad lack of them. Mostly instead of social rebelliousness it's social ineptitude.

Jubern

Psycho-Pass 14

Great new op animation and really good episode if you ask me. It's all coming along slowly and I liked the chase around the end (dat theme!), and how they figured out what was going on.

Psycho Pass still manages to entertain me quite a lot and I'm not asking anything else of it, really.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
If we were exposed to that much moe then the quality of the rest of the characters will suffer. Just think of it as a small reward given to us every episode.

Ah I see. I guess it is important that she not completely overshadow everyone else. :3

/XX/

Why did people indulge on his provocations? Please, use the ignore function on case you don't want to interact with that person anymore, but don't make others lose the opportunity to continue having that person in here.

Playing along with his instability isn't why we are here. That matter is something for a moderator or administrator to handle.

Shergal

In my opinion Tamako is most moe in ED-form. Strange, because I never considered Chitanda from Hyouka to be really that moe.

OceanBlue

There's also the opposite case; I've seen huge, detailed impression posts that get no replies. That can be sort of discouraging, even if people read it, it leaves the feel that the post is being ignored.

Yeah, that's definitely true. There have been quite a few people who've said that they don't find it worth the effort because large posts just get lost in the pace of AnimeGAF. I find that a shame, but I don't really reply to them either so I guess I'm part of the problem too.

Sometimes, people just don't really have anything to respond with. For example, I enjoy reading your insights in staff and production information, but I don't know nearly enough to have a conversation about it, so I just read and try to remember it. Jexhius's posts help me understand how certain elements in a show work together, but I rarely am watching a show at the same time he is so I don't have anything to respond with.

Well anyway, if the poster feels like it's a waste of time, that's a personal decision so I don't really feel comfortable telling people what they should do about that. I see the whole "intimidation" thing as more of a comfort issue, so I just like telling people that they should feel comfortable posting any impressions they have if they want.

DiGiKerot

Also via me in IRC:

Ranking of im@s fans is thus: Weiss Schwartz deck owners > im@s slot machines players >>> im@s 2 owners > >im@s 1 owners > music owners > ace combat DLC owners >> psp game owners > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anime watchers.

The only boxes I don't tick here are the Ace Combat DLC and the Pachislot game - how do I rank?

cjkeats

I really like both OPs, but I've met a number of people who like the first much more. It's not uncommon.

I really like the first OP, but there's nothing wrong with this one either.
Nakama!

Granted I haven't seen that much of the must watch stuff, Nichijou is one of my all time favourites. (Might be recency bias though)

I'm still kinda new to this anime thing so I'm slowly working my way through the "must watches", and this has already skyrocketed to the top of my favorites so far and I'm only halfway.

/XX/

Uh... yeah. I stand by it. The twins are stupid and annoying.
Kayos knows what's up. Iori and the twins should go jump off a bridge.
But guys, there is the word "lively" that I find better to describe them instead of annoying...
also, the twins make the best faces.

There's been two episodes featuring handshake events. First introduced their crazy fans (who pilot mecha and fight for them), second involved the illegal co-opting of a member's imagery to sell soup or something. The center position stuff is the best. It's like a cursed position since Acchan disappeared in a puff of light all those years ago and they're just now bringing it back. Why? No one knows. The mystery of center nova drives my fascination.
Of course they do. They even had
rabid haters making video threats
!
Now I want some kind of Noel Gallagher impersonator from that future making fun of them live.

I'm quite surprised you missed it. Even if you're not into iM@S, but into doujins, you would have seen it anyway as it is everywhere.
To the point that even mischievous Haly provided a famous banner everyone knew about... but nobody talked of!

Only time I think of writing longer posts is at the end of some anime or I guess those two instances of fanfics were probably my longer ones. I try to follow that two or three paragraph rule and do my best to avoid just posting something that only takes up one line. Surely out of a 23 minute episode one has more than one line of text to write, conversation can barely start or continue with naught but one line even.

Looking back, I guess my final Death Note, Gundam Age, and Cowboy Bebop posts were the longest ones I wrote.

I do attempt to read/skim every post and click most links.

BluWacky

I'm hoping that someone better at French than I am can solve this slight mystery for me...

As per posts earlier in the thread, the Utena BDs have come out recently. Starchild, the producers of the show, are now advertising an exhibition of merchandise, storyboards etc. from both Utena and Penguindrum, at which Ikuni is also going to give a talk at some point. The exhibition is taking place in Ikebukuro in March, with a repeat showing in Fukuoka in April.

However, what I'm a bit confused about is this...

Utena has always been subtitled "La Fillette Revolutionnaire" ("Revolutionary Girl" in French), but in all the artwork on the page advertising the exhibition it's become "La Follette Revolutionnaire".

Does "follette" actually mean anything, or is it a rather embarrassing typo for something Starchild have been getting right for years?

DiGiKerot

But guys, there is the word "lively" that I find better to describe them instead of annoying...
also, the twins make the best faces.

Awww, the twins are great. I replaced the wrestlers on my PS3 arcade stick with AmiMami keyart
twinstick lol
- I even have colour-appropriate Dance, Visual and Vocal appeal buttons installed.

DiGiKerot

Utena has always been subtitled "La Fillette Revolutionnaire" ("Revolutionary Girl" in French), but in all the artwork on the page advertising the exhibition it's become "La Follette Revolutionnaire".

Does "follette" actually mean anything, or is it a rather embarrassing typo for something Starchild have been getting right for years?

Oh, crikey, given that other images from the actual box posted here have it down as Fillette still, I'd have to think it's probably a typo.

Psycho-Pass 14

Great new op animation and really good episode if you ask me. It's all coming along slowly and I liked the chase around the end (dat theme!), and how they figured out what was going on.

Psycho Pass still manages to entertain me quite a lot and I'm not asking anything else of it, really.

That's good to hear about the OP. I don't think I've ever seen a worse OP than what they used for episodes 12 and 13. Looking forward to checking it out myself soon.

Mitsuho

Banned

La Follette means "Little crazy one."

Edit: Also they have Utena's name in katakana. Socially this is encoding that the author believes Utena isn't Japanese. Someone who lived abroad for awhile and came back to Japan can also get this treatment too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I hardly ever break one line. Sometimes I just post a gif. The only time I ever post a lot is when it's something people have asked me to watch.

Erigu

they have Utena's name in katakana. Socially this is encoding that the author believes Utena isn't Japanese. Someone who lived abroad for awhile and came back to Japan can also get this treatment too.
Nah, katakana aren't just for foreign stuff.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm hoping that someone better at French than I am can solve this slight mystery for me...

As per posts earlier in the thread, the Utena BDs have come out recently. Starchild, the producers of the show, are now advertising an exhibition of merchandise, storyboards etc. from both Utena and Penguindrum, at which Ikuni is also going to give a talk at some point. The exhibition is taking place in Ikebukuro in March, with a repeat showing in Fukuoka in April.

However, what I'm a bit confused about is this...

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

That's a typo.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Edit: Also they have Utena's name in katakana. Socially this is encoding that the author believes Utena isn't Japanese. Someone who lived abroad for awhile and came back to Japan can also get this treatment too.
Katakana is frequently used for stuff that normally should be in kanji but isn't for whatever reason. Katakana also finds use in ways similar to Allcaps in English.

Also, Sailor Mars's name "Rei" was written in katakana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom