• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

images

(Not over until the fat lady sings... what a trope.)

That's not exactly what I meant, but I can deal with this.

Ezalc

I want Uchip to stay, but that's all I'm weighing in on this topic.

Right now I'm coming to grips with the fact that there are almost 25 more episodes of Gundam AGE to suffer.

Don't do this Corvo, you can like suffering. Just not this kind of suffering.

Also just read what happened, jesus what the hell. How did it go from im@s to that?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yeah, I stand corrected. I think it is nearly what you said, but as an only feminine indication of someone who makes/creates little lavish remarks or situations. I didn't heard of that etymology before for French. I was confused by the 'foll'/'el follet' meaning from Catalan.
That doesn't mean it's not a typo though!

Milamber

Yeah, it's awful, just like the rest of the show.
S2 would be better if they didn't focus on shit that nobody cared about. Also needed more Accelerator. The whole section when they were on the boat or whatever bored me to tears.

I was ready to give up on S2 cause of nuns but the Misaka Misaka bits are what kept me on. Now RailDex on the other hand... I couldn't finish it cause it bored me to tears.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Quit ruining my fun! (j/k)

I think the disconnect here is that your version of "playing it safe" is where status quo is maintained whereas my version is where the themes are monumentally standard (hero saves world/princess, evil conspiracies etc.). But even then I wasn't being terribly serious, I was just having a bit of fun. :-/
I'd actually say it's safe in both ways. The humor is safe, and the character relationships are safe. Now, normally the former isn't too bad if you're not expecting much to begin with, but like with the time travel ep there were times when "safe" became simple cowardice. The latter is also aggravating to me. Something that attempts to have girl on girl antics to the point of putting "yuri" in its title shouldn't get away with not actually being willing to show anything.

It's not quite as bad as the enforced platonic existence of Nanoha, but sterility in relationships just tell me the show is pandering to an audience that freaks out when their waifu gets taken onscreen. These same people are what Ikuhara was referring to when he suggested that Rei Ayanami needed to be shown married and pregnant.

Jex

Uchip, this thread, and this forum at large, is not a place for you to project your personal problems or drama. Stop derailing this thread with your nonsense. If you want to leave, just leave. Don't make a big deal about it. If you don't want to leave don't waste everyone's time with this bullshit. It's annoying, and I've gotten a ton of complains about it from people who are annoyed by your behavior here.

Edit: Oh okay then.

Well, I guess that's that.

I was ready to give up on S2 cause of nuns but the Misaka Misaka bits are what kept me on. Now RailDex on the other hand... I couldn't finish it cause it bored me to tears.

According to MAL, the second season of Railgun will expand on the sisters arc from Index S1, so that should be more to your liking.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Of course! But you never know with these Japanese creators and their crazy antics using (see this as bastardizing... sometimes) foreign languages. Could be an intended word-play, maybe!
There's nothing crazy about Utena herself. Maybe if Ikuni did a parody spinoff starring Nanami...

Jex

kayos: reading these past few pages I can tell you I'm starting to see you in a new light. You are cool bro, even if quite a mouthful.

Because everything pre-digital is old and ugly, obviously.

You may joke, but I imagine there are people who actually believe this.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'd actually say it's safe in both ways. The humor is safe, and the character relationships are safe. Now, normally the former isn't too bad if you're not expecting much to begin with, but like with the time travel ep there were times when "safe" became simple cowardice. The latter is also aggravating to me. Something that attempts to have girl on girl antics to the point of putting "yuri" in its title shouldn't get away with not actually being willing to show anything.

It's not quite as bad as the enforced platonic existence of Nanoha, but sterility in relationships just tell me the show is pandering to an audience that freaks out when their waifu gets taken onscreen. These same people are what Ikuhara was referring to when he suggested that Rei Ayanami needed to be shown married and pregnant.

I can see your point. It is "safe" to keep everything the same so as not to offend the many shippers out there. And I admit I wanted to see some mad yuri make-outs.

And I'd laugh and applaud if GAINAX/Khara had the guts to pull off Ikuhara's suggestion. XD

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To clarify the gif is Takane rubbing the bottom of the Chihaya puchi while going "So cute... So cute..."

EDIT: See. Not the only one to call it lewd.

This is the season of lewdness after all.

Jex

i never skip the ED
it's just ... Just ... awesome.

-----------
Gintama 211

[...]

VERDICT : LEGENDARY
ps: the build-up untill the last 5 minutes of this episode was fantastic.

Ah, the Four Divas arc is, indeed, one of the finest arcs in the series.

I'm looking forward for this because it has a shitload of action, and it's base on the sister arc means it's gonna be dark.

Same here. Even though I didn't hate Railgun S1, I really disliked how it didn't have much action and how it focused on the friends that nobody cared about. It felt like it was trying to be a 'Slice of Life' anime at times to me.

Mitsuho

Banned
Emphasis mine.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Aren't they the same side of the same thing? I feel there is still room for the main story to move forward in this universe with the novels and spinoffs to provide arc fodder.

Jex

I just wanna say as a relative newbie that animeGAF is awesome and that I've never felt unwelcome or at odds here. This is definitely on of the nicer and friendlier communities I've seen on this forum.

*hugs animeGAF*

I'm glad you've enjoyed it, despite my claims that you're blind and can't understand animation!

Jex

Ok, stop right there. The problem with that scene is that even though Chinatsu did dare to break the status quo and actually land a kiss on the show, it wasn't really the person she wanted to kiss and it was all a practice run for comedic effect. The effective lesbian content of the show remained unchanged. Really now, the show is so fucking cowardly it can't even let itself hold an emotional moment, for fuck's sake.

Which, unfortunately, fits into the general representation of non-hetrosexual behaviour in Japan e.g. it's played for laughs.

Milamber

Emphasis mine.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Aren't they the same side of the same thing? I feel there is still room for the main story to move forward in this universe with the novels and spinoffs to provide arc fodder.

Because more Index means more of that church crap, and more of that church crap is not good for anyone's health.

Have Accelerator migrate to Railgun, and it'll be fine.

I really didn't like the female MC's for some reason. I probably just wanted more Touma.

OceanBlue

Gintama has always been worth watching, although I genuinely have no idea where it stands with your BL lasek surgery.

I know a big BL fan who loves Gintama. She brought up the handcuffs episode as one of her favorites. It definitely has the shipping material.

Thoraxes

Jojo - 13

The quoting in this makes Butch look like a fucking chump. The whole episode was fucking awesome.

I can't wait to see Joseph
go to get more advanced training to hone his ripple more. Also, all the more pillar men Stroheim mentioned before his heroic death. Cutting off his leg to try and save everyone was manly as fuck, and I can't believe Santana jumped in him right after. The whole well thing had me just in disbelief of awesome, because my mind was not prepared for that kind of environmental adaptation, which was awesome as fuck.

They're really good with keeping tabs on abilities in fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom