• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mondaiji 3

Have I mentioned how much I like Kasukabe's design and how it works well with her personality? I'm generally not a fan of the stoic characters, but just everything about her feels "right". Can't quite put my finger on why.

Another good episode. Good pacing with the gift game and a pretty cool conclusion to it. Excited to see where this goes.

cajunator

Banned
Mondaiji 3

Have I mentioned how much I like Kasukabe's design and how it works well with her personality? I'm generally not a fan of the stoic characters, but just everything about her feels "right". Can't quite put my finger on why.

Another good episode. Good pacing with the gift game and a pretty cool conclusion to it. Excited to see where this goes.

I'm about to go get some greek food and sit down to this episode. It should be enjoyable.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I learned Italian tanks are terrible, everyone loves coffee and chopsticks > shurikens.

Girls Und Panzer could have told you that. That middle point is 100% false. Whoever is responsible for spreading that false rumour should apologise at once.

Shergal

Guys, I'm dropping Rah Xephon for the time being because it's like Evangelion if Evangelion were to substitute cool action and creativity for trite anime cliches and mecha designs that ranged from ugly to fugly ass holy hell get that off my screen.

Character designs ranged from cool to ugh what an annoying anime cliche.

Mostly though I couldn't stand the ambiguously fey scientist and the inexplicable guy with red sunglasses and a white suit whose occupation and role was never really clear to me. The show started out good, but I don't have time for the rest of it, and my interest dropped radically. I know, I know, don't judge 8 episodes in, so I'll come back and finish it after I'm done with Eureka Seven, but for now, I just don't give a flip about this knock-off Evangelion.

Today I had an epiphany, though. With short hair, Eureka looks just like Leeron from Gurren Lagan.

At least watch Mitsuo Iso's episode, I think it was episode 15.

Jex

This is a nice read. I've picked up on some of these cues you state here, but overlooked a couple. I'm pondering as to which ones I will need to successfully catch in order to get a "good" grasp on the overarching story and its characters. It's quite a unique experience for me thus far, but then again, I have not run into too many mystery anime.

I wouldn't really say that Mouryou no Hako really resembles that many mystery anime. For the most part you tend to get crap like Gosick, shows with really basic mysteries that are basically just a vehicle for some character interaction and banter. This show, on the other-hand, is obviously different because the source material isn't a light novel or a manga, it's a honest to goodness book and as a result the story is a lot thicker than your average mystery anime. The mystery isn't easy to solve, the characters aren't shallow vehicles for banter or fanservice and most importantly the series isn't just about the characters solving the mystery: it's about people and themes and all that crap that I rattled on about earlier.

Syrinx

The iDOLM@STER 3

This is one of those episodes that's so bad it makes you genuinely consider dropping the show all on its own. The episode was basically Yukiho crying and screaming scared for 24 minutes because guys are in her presence. And dogs. If this show's goal was to make her seem as infantile as possible, then mission accomplished. But it doesn't make for a cute character, it makes for an incredibly annoying and obnoxious one.

cajunator

Banned
The iDOLM@STER 3

This is one of those episodes that's so bad it makes you genuinely consider dropping the show all on its own. The episode was basically Yukiho crying and screaming scared for 24 minutes because guys are in her presence. And dogs. If this show's goal was to make her seem as infantile as possible, then mission accomplished. But it doesn't make for a cute character, it makes for an incredibly annoying and obnoxious one.

This is why Yukiho kind of sucks.
I don't say fully sucks because she is still cute.

Good Job Club - 1

This anime is trying to give me brain cancer. It is possibly one of the most boring 4-koma adaptions I've seen.

The keima voiced main character doesn't seem interested in the opposite sex.

Seeing the huge spider in the episode was weird though.

Well, it isn't a 4-koma adaption but a 4 page adaption. So, it is worse.

Girls Und Panzer could have told you that. That middle point is 100% false. Whoever is responsible for spreading that false rumour should apologise at once.

I retract my middle statement.

Maoyu 4

More dull crops? Although I thought the crop was dull, I must admit the first eight minutes, comprising the discussion of her and the alliance was actually somehwat interesting and kept me on the edge of my seat.
A futile effort as the anime continues to be anti action, I ought not to have got my hopes up that they would have had some type of altercation there.
. Still entertaining.

---------------------
Also got more anime today.
tumblr_mh7bg8nlw11qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg

cajunator

Banned
No. She isn't cute, she's infantile. She's terrible and I want her gone.

I was trying to be nice :(

Maoyu 4

More dull crops? Although I thought the crop was dull, I must admit the first eight minutes, comprising the discussion of her and the alliance was actually somehwat interesting and kept me on the edge of my seat.
A futile effort as the anime continues to be anti action, I ought not to have got my hopes up that they would have had some type of altercation there.
. Still entertaining.

---------------------

You get some pretty rad stuff.

What kind of game is ni no Kuni? Is that the one with Ghibli looking art?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Maoyu 4

. Still entertaining.

---------------------

Awesome loot.

Indeed, Ni No Kuni for me is the anime of the year.

Jex

[Mouryou no Hako] - 2

MnH2.jpg

Well, they're really slapping the audience in the face with this one. He's actively asking you if you can keep up with the series because if you can't you might want to stop and have a think about what's going on. It's pretty crazy that we've changed protagonist three times in only two episodes, a further sign that this is far from your 'normal' series. On top of the protagonist switching we have an unexplained time jump as well.

It's hard to comment on what transpired in the hospital and the car because it was largely a lot of set up for what's to come later on. Suffice to say, pay close attention to everyone's stories and look for inconsistencies and useful clues.

Chronoexe

No. She isn't cute, she's infantile. She's terrible and I want her gone.

but but... she have a cute voice and... I like how she dance in the second Opening.

Heh. Sorry. But she still isn't cute.

Oh well, if kayos is to be trusted, the show gains a nice head of steam after that crap episode, so I'll give it another chance. But it's on probation.

Well ep 2 and 3 are the worst, so keep going

Shergal

Mondaiji whatever 3

This is getting gradually more boring as the initial gimmick fades off and we're left with what is basically a very low-budget, badly executed battle/fantasy show.
I'd like to say that I'm interested in seeing how this "plan" will turn out, but that would be a lie.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 26

Amuro tells us about all the Gundam modules that nobody cares about because, unlike Gundam, they're not cool. Kai has to go potty but really he has to angst about the fact that he got to live and not
Ryu
. The mother effing General ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE CHILDREN WILL REMAIN ABOARD THE WHITE BASE FOR NO GODDAMN REASON. Amuro and Kai have a heart to heart, and now I know why I hated Kuzzey so damn much in Gundam SEED except that

CHAR! AAAAH! CHAR AZNABLE! OOOOoOOOOOoOOOH! HE'S SO DREAMY!

Awwwwww, Kai has a heart after all! Also, "Actually, Amuro, I was told your toolbox wasn't worth a dime!" "But I paid a lot for that!"

Hello Kind People of AnimeGaf, I was wondering if there is a list of : Before You Die YOU MUST watch this anime

Anime have most amazing story lines/characters in the universe like
  • cowboy bepop
  • fullmetal alchemist
  • evangelion series
  • Death Note
and I am hearing some buzz about Psycho Pass, anyone has some recommendations for MUST watch anime? (any genre)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
One Piece 490-505

This is so bittersweet.

HA! I had such a strong "I called it!" moment in this arc, haha. I have a feeling everyone thought Sabo was going to die while reading/watching this backstory arc, but since the beginning I felt he was going to become a revolutionary. I was sure he'd survive because Oda wouldn't be so cruel as to kill both of Luffy's brothers, and since in the present time he isn't a rookie, a shichibukai, or one of the Emperors, he had to be either a marine or a revolutionary. He's obviously not a marine either, so...

And then Dragon showed up! Awesome.

And now I have
one more reunion
to look forward to. Thank you, Oda.

Hello Kind People of AnimeGaf, I was wondering if there is a list of : Before You Die YOU MUST watch this anime

• cowboy bepop
  • fullmetal alchemist
  • evangelion series
  • Death Note
and I am hearing some buzz about Psycho Pass, anyone has some recommendations for MUST watch anime? (any genre)

Code Geass.

Jintor

Planates

Can you believe it's going to take until May for Au to get the 2nd collection Persona 4 blu rays, june for the 3rd collection and august for the dvd collection? : /

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

• cowboy bepop
  • fullmetal alchemist
  • evangelion series
  • Death Note
The true answer is none though.

cajunator

Banned

• cowboy bepop
  • fullmetal alchemist
  • evangelion series
  • Death Note

Welcome!

Watch Nadesico.

Angel Beats
Phi Brain
Gundam Wing
K
Guilty Crown

If you like the genre, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi and This Boy Can Fight Aliens.

• cowboy bepop
  • fullmetal alchemist
  • evangelion series
  • Death Note

K-ON!
K-ON!!
K-ON! Movie

Kurita

• cowboy bepop
  • fullmetal alchemist
  • evangelion series
  • Death Note
As much as I love Death Note (well, the manga, did not watch the anime) I wouldn't say it's really a must-have.
As for recommendations :
Space Brothers
Space Brothers
And Space Brothers.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maybe someone should conduct a 100 anime you must watch before you die book much like those move ones.

wonzo

Banned

• cowboy bepop
  • fullmetal alchemist
  • evangelion series
  • Death Note
Avoid Psycho-Pass at all costs and check out the following:

Legend of Galactic Heroes
Planetes
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Dennou Coil
Time of Eve Movie
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
FLCL
The Wings of Honneamise
Mushi-shi

and for shows still airing, check out Space Brothers and Polar Bear Cafe.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
In all honesty, you are not gonna find a consensus in here as to what anime is a must watch. AnimeGAF's tastes are actually pretty diverse among its members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom