• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soul Eater 12

51Ss7lw.jpg
tF8KtCJ.jpg

Witches, parties, the dynamics of predator and prey, this was an enlightening episode.

Syrinx

Hello Kind People of AnimeGaf, I was wondering if there is a list of : Before You Die YOU MUST watch this anime

Anime have most amazing story lines/characters in the universe like
  • cowboy bepop
  • fullmetal alchemist
  • evangelion series
  • Death Note
and I am hearing some buzz about Psycho Pass, anyone has some recommendations for MUST watch anime? (any genre)

I'm not sure I'd classify it as "must-watch", but you might like Darker Than Black, which I just finished.

Sorry I can't help too much. I'm fairly new to anime myself. :)

Shergal

Hello Kind People of AnimeGaf, I was wondering if there is a list of : Before You Die YOU MUST watch this anime

• cowboy bepop
  • fullmetal alchemist
  • evangelion series
  • Death Note
and I am hearing some buzz about Psycho Pass, anyone has some recommendations for MUST watch anime? (any genre)

Watch some movies. Everything by Satoshi Kon, (almost) everything by Studio Ghibli, Ghost in The Shell, Patlabor 2, Girl who Leapt through Time. There are many more, but these are among the best japanese animated productions there are. It's not a good entry point to anime though, because TV series are a whole different world.

Hoorah, my dvds for Nadia finally arrived (after having to return the first set because the case and two discs were damaged).

Now, to just carve out time to actually watch and enjoy them.

Quasar

Haganai 2.3

Well. This has gone from 'why are you wasting time' to 'oh shit you went through the next light novel' in 3 episodes. Didn't really expect that.

Also surprised that they skipped out on the Kate bathing Maria scene, unless I'm getting my continuity confused.

I liked this episode. Especially enjoyed the Maria & Kobato stuff.

Thoraxes

• cowboy bepop
  • fullmetal alchemist
  • evangelion series
  • Death Note
Run while you can!

Also Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

cajunator

Banned
He starts by calling us kind people and you respond to his cordiality with all that rubbish. smh

Its just DTL. He's absolutely serious. I think.

Avoid Psycho-Pass at all costs and check out the following:

Legend of Galactic Heroes
Planetes
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Dennou Coil
Time of Eve Movie
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
FLCL
The Wings of Honneamise
Mushi-shi

and for shows still airing, check out Space Brothers and Polar Bear Cafe.

This is correct.

Watch some movies. Everything by Satoshi Kon, (almost) everything by Studio Ghibli, Ghost in The Shell, Patlabor 2, Girl who Leapt through Time. There are many more, but these are among the best japanese animated productions there are. It's not a good entry point to anime though, because TV series are a whole different world.

This is also correct.

Hoorah, my dvds for Nadia finally arrived (after having to return the first set because the case and two discs were damaged).

Now, to just carve out time to actually watch and enjoy them.

Did you buy from Ebay?

Nafe

Crest of the Stars (Seikai no Monshou)

Episode 10

I really loved how this episode started out, and again at the end, with the assembly or role call of the Abh fleet. I only posted the one shot of the ships but there were quite a few good looking shots. I know CG is the way of the future and it has to be accepted but regardless, I'm still going to miss the type of art that is on display during these parts.

Speaking of the artwork, maybe it's just that I've gotten more used to it but I actually liked more of the art this episode and I think as the show has gone on. Just the general design of the city that Lafiel and Jinto get to as well as the look of the officers aboard the flagship of the Abh fleet.

This episode seemed to focus mostly on Jinto and Lafiel and basically how they're alone together in what is currently enemy territory. I don't really have any specifics but it was just interesting seeing their characters interact and to see how they've changed since first meeting each other at that spaceport. It's nice to see Jinto doing a bit more again and not just feeling more like an extra character. He's still kind of dense at times though haha. I knew pretty much right away at that one scene that Lafiel was trying to subtly tell him she had to pause a moment to go to the bathroom but unfortunately she had to spell it right out for him.

Another plot point of
the fact that their shuttle was discovered and now people are looking for them, it will be interesting to see what comes of that. One thing that was kind of confusing about that though was I thought Lafiel instructed it to self-destruct so no vital information regarding the Abh could be obtained. Unless it was really intended to only mean the electronic or memory systems and not actually the whole remaining part of the shuttle itself.

Talking last episode about the fact that, at least how the story is being told and what side you're presented with and not that it's an absolute fact, that the United Mankind were the aggressors. At the beginning of the show though it did seem like it was the Abh and the transmission this episode that Lafiel is watching seemed to go back and remind that it was the Abh who originally took over some systems so it did seem to sway perhaps back into neutrality as far as which side was "right" or "wrong". While the story does seem to focus on the relationship between the characters of Jinto and Lafiel, I also feel the general war is getting enough mention or screen time to show it as an equally important element to the story and not just some backdrop more for the sake of presenting some sort of setting.

I liked the officer pictured above on the right, named Kahyul. He's the right hand man of the admiral of the fleet and I like how he has those kind of tired eyes and the voice he has to go with it kind of compliments it. Through the discussion of the strategy meeting it comes across that he's a smart individual that knows what he's doing but I also like that he has this type of dry sense of humour towards the admiral. The admiral speaks down about the Information Bureau section claiming they're only good for feeding cats, to which he says they must be honoured to hear him say that. It wasn't so much that they would fear him as he also seems to slightly provoke him by suggesting retreat at one point. He never comes across that he hates the commander or anything but isn't afraid to speak his mind either.

Steroyd

• cowboy bepop
  • fullmetal alchemist
  • evangelion series
  • Death Note

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173356&highlight=top+anime

We should really do a more updated version of that thread.

Necrovex

After finding out the first two episodes of Gintama are filler (the only two episode I have seen of this show), I have become interested in giving the show another shot, starting at episode three. I plan to skip the filler episodes, so I can actually catch up on the show in somewhat of a reasonable time manner.

All of the images involving this show has really caught my interest. It always seemed this show was nothing but comedy. After reading a few pages, it seems like my assumption might be wrong. I'll begin watching it after I complete "The World God Only Knows." Thank goodness, I finished Battlestar Galatica before going on this endeavor.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
After finding out the first two episodes of Gintama are filler (the only two episode I have seen of this show), I have become interested in giving the show another shot, starting at episode three. I plan to skip the filler episodes, so I can actually catch up on the show in somewhat of a reasonable time manner.

Same here. I'll give it another try soon.

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven 27

NEW OP SUCKS PREVIOUS OP WAS AWESOME.
When Ray says "Women like me" what does she mean? Women like her and Eureka, warrior women, or women who cannot have children? Can Charles and Ray just have their own show? They're the best characters in this show and everything they do is cool and awesome.

OH FUCK YOU ANIME FOR KILLING EVERYONE I HAVE EVER LOVED.

DO YOU HEAR ME ANIME GAF? I WILL NEVER LOVE ANOTHER CHARACTER EVER AGAIN. EVERY TIME. EVERY TIME!!! I should just quit watching anime, because whoever said to love and lose is better than to have never loved is a damn fool.

cajunator

Banned
Do you guys watch a few episodes of anime every day after school/work or do you cram it in the weekends? Just curious how you guys watch it.
Myself I try to watch some either right after or right before work when Im not exhausted, as well as at my parents place at night while they are asleep (otherwise TVs are being used) and of course on my time off work for seven days (which is ONCE AGAIN coming to an end because my coworker is a pathetic loser and hopefully he quits soon)

Narag

Do you guys watch a few episodes of anime every day after school/work or do you cram it in the weekends? Just curious how you guys watch it.
Myself I try to watch some either right after or right before work when Im not exhausted, as well as at my parents place at night while they are asleep (otherwise TVs are being used) and of course on my time off work for seven days (which is ONCE AGAIN coming to an end because my coworker is a pathetic loser and hopefully he quits soon)

Usually a couple episodes during dinner. I've been getting up super early lately though and doing nothing so considering filling some time with that.

After class and on weekends. I've slowed down since college began since I'm too shy to watch anime in front of my room mate/anyone else.

Kurita

Well, since Jojo and Space Brothers are released during the week-end, that's when I watch them.
I often watch one or two dramas when I'm done with college homework, then I watch one episode before going to bed.

Wake up at 5 am to watch one or two episodes before school...then watch stuff once I get back at 7pm - midnight or so...

Only time Ive crammed stuff on weekends is when seasons have tons of anime on Thursdays and Fridays.

Articalys

We can barely muster anyone to do an Anime of the Year thread.
That was my fault, sorry. I'll be more proactive about it in the future.

Anyway, it looks like that previous "best of all time" thread was done on the spur of the moment over the course of all of three days (no offense to EviLore), so it could probably use an update. I'll look into it after the AotY results are up.

Syrinx

If we're gonna do a All-time Anime Voting Thread, can you guys wait until I've watched more anime so I can make a good vote? I don't want to single-handedly hold up the vote or anything, it's just that I'd like to be an informed participant.

Go ahead and do it if you want. This is just a personal request. Ignore it if you'd like.

Thoraxes

I've mostly been watching while during my commutes lately. It's the only segment of free time that I can't do work during, and i've got a looooooooot a work to do recently.

I put stuff on my second monitor while working too.

I usually watched anime on my days off or after work/school. Now that I am currently unemployed, I usually watch them late at night since I prefer using headphones.

Steroyd

I try to go mobile as much as possible.

We can barely muster anyone to do an Anime of the Year thread.

I'll see if I can conjure a lazy method using ms excel.

Fate Zero, Steins;Gate and Madoka Magica should be added to that thread.

6 years is alot of anime.

If we're gonna do a All-time Anime Voting Thread, can you guys wait until I've watched more anime so I can make a good vote? I don't want to single-handedly hold up the vote or anything, it's just that I'd like to be an informed participant.

Go ahead and do it if you want. This is just a personal request. Ignore it if you'd like.

The earliest we're going to attempt this is when the AOTY thread is done, or at least that's when it would make most sense.

And someone (people) has to bother to compile the thing together.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That was my fault, sorry. I'll be more proactive about it in the future.

Anyway, it looks like that previous "best of all time" thread was done on the spur of the moment over the course of all of three days (no offense to EviLore), so it could probably use an update. I'll look into it after the AotY results are up.

We should campaign GAF to watch Fate/Zero before that happens. Everyone needs to watch that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom