• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

Robotics;Notes 19
Did I tune into Metal Gear Solid by accident? Still don't like Aki. Each time they try to make me feel sad about her I just roll my eyes now. Conspiracy twists were super stupid and ridiculous this episode, but I don't mind stupid and ridiculous. Hasn't been enough Frau lately.

Mature

A fair number of people here have seen it, at least; there was a bit of chatter when Tatami was airing from what I remember. Hopefully whenever that Yuasa kickstarter scam short comes out it'll spur some more people to pick it up.
I'm quite excited about that. Can't wait to ambush people.

And actually, come to think, I wouldn't have remembered that I wanted to (continue to) watch Kemonozume had it not been for Jex's lesser known anime of the 2000's thread, so I have him to thank for that.

Defuser

Robotics;Notes ep 19

jnKjaI3.gif
jnKjaI3.gif
jnKjaI3.gif

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Kemonozume - 13 "Taste Has Nothing To Do With It" [End]

Brilliant, twisted and insane.

I honestly can't find much to say about this. It's hard to pinpoint, really. It felt like a cohesive package of endearing romance, captivating visuals, well placed humor and a fittingly bizarre, surreal story to wrap it all together. While I can understand this surely isn't for everyone, I can't understand why I haven't heard about it from near anyone. Such is the fate of anime that doesn't make it out of Japan.

Guess I'll watch Kaiba now.

I would just like you to know your posts have inspired me to add this show to my list of things to watch. ^^

cajunator

Banned
Polar Bear's Cafe 46

Haha damn, It's been how many many weeks since Penkogate came to a close and yet the show still manages to get mileage out of it at the most unexpected of times. Well, that and this little thing right here:

polarbear46b.jpg

Nice

That's an aye-aye or a tarsier. Most likely a tarsier.

duckroll

Psycho-pass - Episode 19

Oh okay. Maybe things will start moving again next week. We've had two weeks of slow build up so far, with really bad art. I like how Kogami and Kogami's reflection in a mirror looks so different. It's pretty deep. Sorry, I mean derp. Fuck, IG, wtf are you doing. :(

Instro

Psycho-pass - Episode 19

Oh okay. Maybe things will start moving again next week. We've had two weeks of slow build up so far, with really bad art. I like how Kogami and Kogami's reflection in a mirror looks so different. It's pretty deep. Sorry, I mean derp. Fuck, IG, wtf are you doing. :(

Looks like they need to bring back the hunter guy to kickstart this show again.

duckroll

Looks like they need to bring back the hunter guy to kickstart this show again.

Yeah I agree. This show really works when its just wacky dumb pulp with less talking and more mindless but fun action. When it tries to be intellectual, it just falls flat.

wonzo

Banned
That's an aye-aye or a tarsier. Most likely a tarsier.
I couldn't quite remember the name of the animal so thanks for that.

Psycho-pass - Episode 19

lol

Articalys

Psycho-pass - Episode 19

How did you feel about
future 2ch being one of the key subversive tools against the Sibyl System
?

Westlo

smh @ the miki hate earlier in this thread.

Vividred 8

OST not available until... *checks* ...bundled with BD volume 4 in June.

Well, this'll be a long wait.

The composers done a pretty good job with Vividred, especially considering how shit his work in Sfxtk was. (though his marvel work wasn't much better)

OceanBlue

The composers done a pretty good job with Vividred, especially considering how shit his work in Sfxtk was. (though his marvel work wasn't much better)

Jesus Christ, SFxT's soundtrack is so ass. I like to tell myself that it's that bad because of the awful creative direction that the entire game takes. Can I mod all of the stages on the PC version and make them empty rooms?

duckroll

The PP OP2 is coming together very well. Just saying. Lots of changes and transitions that flow well.

Maybe by episode 22 it will actually be finished.

By the end, I want someone to make a video of every iteration of the second Psycho-Pass opening playing side-by-side in a grid pattern or something so I can tell all the differences apart. I only watch the show once a week; I'm not going to notice any incremental changes like that.

I think it's done. I didn't notice any changes between 18 and 19, and I think almost every single cut has been replaced or altered in some way. Unless there was something I missed this week...

Westlo

Jesus Christ, SFxT's soundtrack is so ass. I like to tell myself that it's that bad because of the awful creative direction that the entire game takes. Can I mod all of the stages on the PC version and make them empty rooms?

I honestly don't want him anywhere near Darkstalkers or whatever new fighting game Capcom is working on next since he's obviously the Capcom goto guy for their fighting game music.. and he's clearly regressed which each new game. SFIV >>> MVC3 >>> SFxTK.

sfxtk was mostly ass music, there's a few good tracks but they're stuck in the single player game as rival and boss music... (orge and tekken tag theme remixes were nice, akuma theme is his best attempt ouf of the 3 games he's done a remix for it) which is Lol... just like them making Akuma's theme in SFIV a single player only boss theme and giving him some shitty Ryu theme knock off for his normal character. I always stick to stage themes when playing online because I can control the music that plays lol...

ohlawd

Haganai Next 08

I don't know why I still watch this show. Kodaka is awful, Yozora is awful... oh wait.

Sena and Kobato. Now I remember.

vividred operation 8

I think i might have glazed over, whats the story of 'evil crow girl' again? Anyhow tons of dramatic butt shots, and really nice fight sequences. This might be arguably the best animated magic girl show in a while, or ever?

hmmm...

Articalys

Sasami-san 8

Okay, I have to admit, I didn't expect them to make this reference, no matter how brief it was.

As for the episode itself, it was okay.
Another goddamn cliffhanger ending, though.

Pooya

Psycho-Pass would be a lot better if they drop all of those quoting scenes, all of it comes off as pretentious, doesn't work and a waste of time.

Branduil

Kadokawa has uploaded the second full PV for RDG Red Data Girl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9-mLrm-anM

Yep that's a PA Works anime.

Can't really tell from that pv whether it will be good or bad. The director is Toshiya Shinohara, who does have quite a bit of experience. He storyboarded and directed some of the better episodes in Hanasaku Iroha, and storyboarded episode 4 of Kids on the Slope. He also did episode 3 of Black Rock Shooter, lol.

Of course, who knows about the writing of the light novel this is adapted from. It's probably not very good, like most light novels.

duckroll

Psycho-Pass would be a lot better if they drop all of those quoting scenes, all of it comes of as pretentious, doesn't work and a waste of time.

You know what they say about authors who try to write characters who are smarter than them, and how it always shows? Yeah.

zeroshiki

Can't really tell from that pv whether it will be good or bad. The director is Toshiya Shinohara, who does have quite a bit of experience. He storyboarded and directed some of the better episodes in Hanasaku Iroha, and storyboarded episode 4 of Kids on the Slope. He also did episode 3 of Black Rock Shooter, lol.

Of course, who knows about the writing of the light novel this is adapted from. It's probably not very good, like most light novels.

The PV looks terribly generic :(

duckroll

Unit directing is not very reflective of being a showrunner. Why don't you go watch the shows he actually directed? There are a ton of them. I don't think they're very good! He's also directing every upcoming show from PA Works now. Loool. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom