• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Unit directing is not very reflective of being a showrunner. Why don't you go watch the shows he actually directed? There are a ton of them. I don't think they're very good! He's also directing every upcoming show from PA Works now. Loool. :p

I'm really not interested in watching Black Butler, The Book of Bantorra, or Inuyasha movies, lol.

How many shows does PA Works have coming up?

duckroll

I'm really not interested in watching Black Butler, The Book of Bantorra, or Inuyasha movies, lol.

How many shows does PA Works have coming up?

They announced two so far. He's directing both of them. The other one is an original show written by Mari Okada!!!!! (lol)

Branduil

They announced two so far. He's directing both of them. The other one is an original show written by Mari Okada!!!!! (lol)

Sounds super-promising.

Seems like a bad idea to have someone direct two shows consecutively. Then again, Ayumu Watanabe directed two shows at the same time last year.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sasami-san 8

Okay, I have to admit, I didn't expect them to make this reference, no matter how brief it was.

As for the episode itself, it was okay.
Another goddamn cliffhanger ending, though.
What is that a reference to anyway?

XWMaByRl.jpg

This was a nice bit of continuity anyway. I almost expected the whole arc to be over but it looks like it's a set up for something even bigger. It'd be interesting to see if the goal is to
actually change the future though

Also, censor bars:
A51JrD1l.jpg

And a GAF motto:
KsbpG8rl.jpg

Polar Bear Cafe also had one of these:
evAZQFKl.jpg

Kurita

Thinking about watching Great Teacher Onizuka, Anime-GAF. I saw it once like, six years ago. Should I go for it again?
Of course.
One of the best shows/mangas ever. One of the few adaptations I like as much as the source. Great french dub and amazing OST.

Westlo

Hunter X Hunter 2011 59-61

Greed Island time, looks like a pretty fun arc, Togashi da gawd, truly ahead of his time!

Morbidly curious in checking out the original Greed Island OVAs, since all I've seen about them is that they suck ass.

Quasar

Zetsuen no Tempest 20

I'm rather looking forward to see Hakaze return from the past, explain it all, and Mahiro and Yoshino flat out not believing her.

cajunator

Banned
The show is all about deconstructing what happens when you treat girls as tools without wills of their own, yet that's how they sell it on the box. It's pretty gross.

Well I know what its about but I guesS I didnt notice what was going on in the picture. Just saw Henrietta and that it was a bluray (I only have the really old DVD boxset that came with the wall banner)

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 33

Nagisa's friend and teammate Shiho misses an important pass in a Lacrosse game. she blames herself for not being good enough and wants to quit. She has a falling out with another friend, but Nagisa remembers back when she had a falling out with Honoka and helps them through it. After a brief distraction from one of the baddies, Nagisa rejoins the game and Shiho ends up winning the day and making up with her friend. Also apparently
Porun doesn't have to be present for the Rainbow charge attack to work

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Haganai Next 08

I don't know why I still watch this show. Kodaka is awful, Yozora is awful... oh wait.

Sena and Kobato. Now I remember.

Take a drink every time Kodaka says "Hm? What was that?" and then shout "KAYOS!!" at the top of your lungs.

It helps. ;P

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 34

This show is pretty formulaic but still enjoyable.
Maybe some are right that this isnt the optimal series of Precure to watch but its neat to see where this huge franchise started out and then how it evolves. Right now it seems to be treading water until the next plot point. This is another Nagisa episode where she runs a relay race against the madonna of Verone academy. With a bit of evil villain fighting in the form of a pissed off giant piano on the side.

BluWacky

The show is all about deconstructing what happens when you treat girls as tools without wills of their own, yet that's how they sell it on the box. It's pretty gross.

I dunno - I think that cover works quite well at making you uncomfortable. The unseen male figure resting his hand on the chair and the blank look on whatshername's face are anything but titillating.

I could do without the "look up her skirt!!!!!" shot, but otherwise I think it conveys the correct tone admirably.

Nooo I have fallen from Chet's graces.

Robo;Notes 19

nothing happened. what the hell are you guys on?

Haganai time.

Wait ? what ? Are you implying that everyone watching
was under the influence of a mass illusion project
? i shouldn't underestimate the main vilain of this anime.

Of course things have happenned ! We got answers on at least 3 things that were pending before this episode.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kemonozume - 13 "Taste Has Nothing To Do With It" [End]

Brilliant, twisted and insane.

I honestly can't find much to say about this. It's hard to pinpoint, really. It felt like a cohesive package of endearing romance, captivating visuals, well placed humor and a fittingly bizarre, surreal story to wrap it all together. While I can understand this surely isn't for everyone, I can't understand why I haven't heard about it from near anyone. Such is the fate of anime that doesn't make it out of Japan.

Guess I'll watch Kaiba now.

I remember Kemonozume being one of the first shows that were recommended to me when I started coming here. I should check it out sometime.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 35

Yet another Nagisa episode. Nagisa goes on a date.
Monster chestnuts roasting in a Precure fire....
Nagisa is actually pretty adorable too. But I want to see more Honoka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom