• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its ending already? What long running shonen is left beside One Piece then? I heard Naruto is also nearing the end.

Hunter x Hunter (which will probably end once they run out of material because Togashi is an asshole) and Detective Conan.

It is weird to think there won't be a consistently airing long-running shounen that isn't One Piece or Detective Conan pretty soon.

Hunter x Hunter (which will probably end once they run out of material because Togashi is an asshole) and Detective Conan.

It is weird to think there won't be a consistently airing long-running shounen that isn't One Piece or Detective Conan pretty soon.

Well there's always Toriko. Maybe Japan will finally love it when there's no other option. ;_;

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 5

What was with Pinard's surprised face when they were unleashing Marble Screw? "What are you going to do? Wait, they're unleashing the attack that they've already unleashed on me four times?! Impossible!" And what the hell was he thinking giving Mipple back to Honoka? How many times has he had victory right in his hands all to throw it away for his shitty ego? He would hardly be the first villain to act this way, but it never fails to make me go, "Dude, what the hell are you doing?!"

Nagisa and Honoka are super adorable together and I hope they can continue to carry this show on their backs.

I thought they do love the anime, its usually in the tv ratings post ann posts each week...

Not like Naruto Shippuden is ending anytime, they keep throwing month long fillers at us...

At the rate Toei keeps pushing Toriko at the viewers (hello, yet another new crossover special), I suspect it's not loved enough by the viewers.

Tamako Market 8

Really boring episode to me. Just dont see how one could be interested in this but I guess that requires caring and being invested in these characters that I just find really unappealing. Would have been beneficial if Mochizou had some sort of screentime, the prince just showing up for less than 2 seconds was like the highlight.

The school uniforms are atrocious, how do they even find them good looking. Tonari/My Little Monster, and Shin Sekai Yori have the best school uniforms that are actually really interesting and look cool.

OceanBlue

Seems all he does is complain about how his music is used these days, I remember he had complaints about C as well. Regardless you can't hide behind once the OST is out...

Oh well, it's all about Katou Tatsuya these days!
Yay, another fan of Katou!
So, this made me remember that conversation about EVA using 700 frames and AB! using 11000:
Apparently, Little Witch Academia used 17000 frames for its ~25 min run.

Holy shit, I need it. It'll be glorious.
Oh wow. This is going to be ridiculous. I'm kinda excited to see it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wolf Children

I feel like I should give it some time to percolate, but then again, I probably won't write anything about it if I wait too long.
(Ugh, I hate spoiler crap. I almost want to tag my entire post because I have no idea what I can talk about, but I just don't want to talk in generalities.)

I guess to start with some of my problems...
I really did feel like the movie should have just montaged the entire opening act and found a way to get to the village sooner. Given that the first act uses a montage to show the passage of time anyway, there's no reason it couldn't have been a little more deft with the handling of the back story. Alternatively, if they wanted to make the father a bigger part of the story, they really shouldn't have montaged
the first year he spends with Hana and Yuki and then kill him off shortly after Ame is born
. I would have been fine with either... but as it stands, it's either a bit long or ends unnecessarily perfunctory.

The other thing I just found a bit extraneous was the narration. It gives the impression that the entire film is Yuki looking back on the past, which in itself is fine, but the only payoff for the narration is another time skip at the end of the film. It does provide a nice counterpoint to the diegetic howl that Ame gives - you have Yuki's voice serving as a reminder of civilization and the textuality of the work at hand, while Ame's voice calls out from within the film itself, belying a primal emotionality that he represents at the end of the film.
You know, maybe I just talked myself into liking the narration. Go figure. lol

As for the rest of the film, I think it was duckroll that said the film is more mature and restrained and it certainly feels like it. Other than the pure emotion expressed
in the two nature/running scenes
, the film is small and intimate, giving us a portrait of a small family and difficulties of living with what is essentially a mixed-race subjectivity. It's funny because Summer Wars did the family thing but went as big as possible, with the grandmother as matriarch and a giant family with sons and daughters and their kids and so forth... but hey, you can achieve the same effect with just
three
characters. Who knew?

After watching A Letter To Momo, I also appreciate that the film gives as much time to Hana and her experience being
a single mother
. Momo pays lip-service to the fact that the mother is an character with her own motivations, but she is still ultimately a plot device in that film. Here, it's as much about Hana's experience raising her children as it is Yuki and Ame's anxiety over their mixed-race identities.

Speaking of Yuki and Ame, I really loved how the film showed them
choosing different paths in their lives. The time skip montage at school was a perfect summary of how each character deals with being in the human world. The pan to Ame's empty seat at the end of that sequence was just marvelous.

I suppose it's also ironic that
Ame would be the one to choose to forsake human contact and embrace nature, given that Yuki was the one who was easily excited. Or perhaps being an introvert prepared him for his life away from human society. I dunno. lol

I do think it's a bit unfair that
while equal time is given to Ame and Yuki, there is no majesty when Yuki chooses to embrace humanity. Ame gets his nature montage, complete with a first person running montage, while Yuki gets... dealing with an exchange student and being picked on because she's a tomboy. It's kind of hard not to side with Ame when he wants to choose the romanticism of raw nature anyway. lol

Wolf Children is a fabulous film and probably my favourite of the Hosada films that I've seen. It's as personal as TGWLTT but has the emotional stakes of Summer Wars, so it's not a surprise to know that the film was a big success in Japan. Assuming we do another one of those AOTY things, it'll definitely be one of the higher ranked texts on my list.

Reknoc

At the rate Toei keeps pushing Toriko at the viewers (hello, yet another new crossover special), I suspect it's not loved enough by the viewers.

I wonder if there'll ever be a point where stuff like that will stop being desperate pushes and be because Toriko actually is popular enough for it. And if we'll even notice when it gets to that point.

CorvoSol

Rin-Ne no Lagrange S2 3
I love it when shows manage to transition from serious to funny or vice versa seamlessly and nigh-instantly. In this episode, in order to get Madoka to trigger Aura’s super robotness, Asteria chooses to, rather than get her mad or sad, embarrass her. The scene in which we may assume Asteria is speaking very frankly about sex with young Madoka is hilariously filled with scenes of animals and couples laughing and running water. All while Muginami and Lan turn redder than red. Some more Yuri pandering in there with “So what if Muginami and Lan are the only people I’ve ever kissed?” and “Are two girls really enough for you?” But then, at the hat’s dropping, suddenly we’re all very scared as Yurikano
not-comes back from the dead and tries to strangle Madoka
and also we learn that Dizelmine is a waaaaay more effed up guy than Google Video because he has
a clone of Dizelmine’s dead sister or a replacement or something

Gao Gai Gar 9
Today’s episode was about MOTORCYCLES. And suspects were named KAWASAKI and HONDA. Like MOTORCYCLES. And Hana went with I think her sister but maybe a boy to go and see MOTORCYCLES. Hana always winds up getting dragged along to places she doesn’t want to go but is too polite to say so. Girl’s gonna get in serious trouble one of these days when Ash Ketchum—I mean Mamoru isn’t around to bail her fool butt out of trouble.
Oh and I think we just met the PURPLE WOLF MOTORCYCLE who is my favorite GGG unit not piloted by Guy. Because Purple is a cool color and WOLVES are sweet animals, just like MOTORCYCLES are sweet rides.

The 08th MS Team 6
In this episode, we have RELATIONSHIP PORBOLUMS. Mostly between Shiro and whatever the ginger’s name is, I forget, but also Shiro finally has had enough of Mikhail’s bull. They’re stuck out in a desert trying to catch the new Zeon Mobile Armor (MOBILE ARMORS ARE DUMB) and it’s days more than they expected. Errybody starts snapping and Sanders freaking tosses Mikhail like a bag of sand. Best part of the episode, really. Then the Mobile Armor shows up and they engage it in combat and Shiro realizes that its pilot is Aina. DRAMA BOMB!

MS Gundam 00 6
So then we find out that Boobs McGee knows Dr. McFey, who is a friend of Probably Char Clone and also she wears an outfit that’s as low cut as Lotus from 999’s. The fights in this show are pretty good so far, even if they consist of “Gundam pwning ____”. And then Sousuke runs into Gauron. I mean Setsuna runs into Gauron. Or whatever. It’s kinda sorta completely lifted from FMP, but then again, the idea that a child soldier would know several very scary mercenaries and run into them later on in his own mercenary career isn’t exactly unique to FMP or implausible. The real test will be whether this Gauronalike refuses to, you know, ever die.

GTO 3
So in this episode, Onizuka moves onto campus, as part of his arrangement with the school to work there. In Japan, High Schools are all powerful, you see, and can stipulate whatever weird conditions they want, in America, the right to torment and abuse your employees is reserved for CEOs and bankers! In any case, Onizuka befriends the class nerd, who plays too many video games, goes nowhere and does nothing because he has no friends. Said kid, Yoshikawa, tries to kill hisself because well, his life sucks and even girls beat him up. Onizuka has a thing or two to say about this, and saves the kid by falling off the roof with him and right onto the Vice Principal’s car. The VP of the school reminds me a lot of the VP from Fumoffu, who similarly despised Sagara.

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 6

OH GOD THAT BEAR CUB WAS BREAKING MY HEART HHHHNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH I WANNA KEEP HIM I WANNA KEEP HIM I WANNA KEEP HIM!!!!!!!!

This Uga dude is way cooler than that Pisard loser.

PsionBolt

Dokidoki! Precure - 05

No play-by-play because I'm busy. It was a great episode though, so I can't not post! Just the key points:

- I will never tire of Mana being awesome.
Hello, MakoP! I'm Cure Heart! Let's team up!

- Toei proves their superiority in dancing once again! Not only is the ED dance CG better, but this episode even had honest-to-goodness 2D dancing animation! With inbetween frames and everything!

- Sword
still didn't get a transformation scene, unfortunately. At least her attack is still the coolest

- Oh god, the preview. I will definitely be capping that scene next week and naming the file "
I am so fucked up
.jpg". EDIT - Here it is. NSFW.

- Ranking remains solidly at Sword
x
Heart > Diamond >>> Rosetta.

Taishou Yakyuu Musume 12 (END)

igmqnUP0qSGzm.jpg

The finale was predictable as all hell, but I loved how it was handled anyway. A fun show with a cast of likable characters, yuri overtones, and the sport that was the basis for the show wasn't watered down for fanservice purposes just because it had an all female main cast. My only real gripe is that
the ending really forced a conclusion to the story. This was JC Staff after all, so I guess there was never any plans of a sequel
. I'm certainly more willing to watch another sports show, but that will probably be much, much...much later.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

The finale was predictable as all hell, but I loved how it was handled anyway. A fun show with a cast of likable characters, yuri overtones, and the sport that was the basis for the show wasn't watered down for fanservice purposes just because it had an all female main cast. My only real gripe is that
the ending really forced a conclusion to the story. This was JC Staff after all, so I guess there was never any plans of a sequel
. I'm certainly more willing to watch another sports show, but that will probably be much, much...much later.

Honestly, I'm glad
they lost.
Even RKB couldn't let that happen. :p

I have to admit, I like the concept of Sono Hanabira games more than I like the actual games.
That's because those games doesn't have enough budget .. a lenghty hanabiri game full voiced is a dream.
This they do pretty great considering the amount of recycled assets between the first 7 games.

Oooh my god. Just got home from work so I couldn't reply sooner but I'll definitely check it out.
You'll love this. it's full voiced, and it's packed with content . Don't hesitate to post your thoughts in the English Vn thread once you've started playing.

I might have another recommendation for you after this one :)

Dokidoki! Precure - 05
Episode 5 it is ! Time to start watching doki doki to know if this is worth it or not .

Shergal

Wolf Children

After watching A Letter To Momo, I also appreciate that the film gives as much time to Hana and her experience being
a single mother
. Momo pays lip-service to the fact that the mother is an character with her own motivations, but she is still ultimately a plot device in that film. Here, it's as much about Hana's experience raising her children as it is Yuki and Ame's anxiety over their mixed-race identities.

I think the two approach similar themes differently.
Momo was never really about the mother, while Wolf Children's real meat is in the struggles and motivations of Hana for raising her children, and it makes sure to thoroughly depict the lengths she's willing to go for Ame & Yuki. Even the final act feels a lot like Hana's story, as she is always present in whatever conflict or issue the children face. And the last couple of scenes were really about her more than Ame or Yuki, I think.
I recall Hosoda saying that this film was dedicated to all the single mothers in Japan, so it makes sense.

Ame would be the one to choose to forsake human contact and embrace nature, given that Yuki was the one who was easily excited. Or perhaps being an introvert prepared him for his life away from human society. I dunno. lol

I feel that I didn't fully understand the
scene where he almost drowns. I get that after that long thrilling run he was really excited and could feel his wolf side for the first time, but I don't understand why the fact that he screws up trying to catch a prey and almost dies is given such weight. One would think he'd be scared off of becoming more "wolf-like" after something like that, but the opposite happens.

I do think it's a bit unfair that
while equal time is given to Ame and Yuki, there is no majesty when Yuki chooses to embrace humanity. Ame gets his nature montage, complete with a first person running montage, while Yuki gets... dealing with an exchange student and being picked on because she's a tomboy. It's kind of hard not to side with Ame when he wants to choose the romanticism of raw nature anyway. lol

You said yourself that
the movie depicts the family (which is for the most part in a human environment) in a small and restrained way, one which is very close to Hosoda's past projects and feels in line with his usual take on modern reality. Contrast that with what we see of nature and the "wolf" part of the dichotomy, which is more emotional, as you pointed out. In that context, I think it's fitting that Yuki settling into the human world isn't as played up as Ame's decision. The dramatic arc she undergoes at the school and with that other boy (I don't remember his name) is more subdued because it takes place in Hosoda's subdued human reality, while everything to do with Ame is more out-there.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The whole message of "hey, they worked pretty hard to get to our level, I respect that!" would have been lost if they
ended up winning
. It's much better that way.
Pretty much. It was more about respect anyway... it's the classic sports cliche of the honorable loss.

I think the two approach similar themes differently.
Momo was never really about the mother, while Wolf Children's real meat is in the struggles and motivations of Hana for raising her children, and it makes sure to thoroughly depict the lengths she's willing to go for Ame & Yuki. Even the final act feels a lot like Hana's story, as she is always present in whatever conflict or issue the children face. And the last couple of scenes were really about her more than Ame or Yuki, I think.
I recall Hosoda saying that this film was dedicated to all the single mothers in Japan, so it makes sense.
That makes sense. I think I compare them because their premises are fairly similar -
husband/father dies so the mother and children move to the boonies to try to build a new life
. At the very least, the film could have been all about Yuki and her struggles if it wanted to do that... but given that there aren't that many stories about women in anime, let alone older women raising children, I'm glad he went that way.

I feel that I didn't fully understand the
scene where he almost drowns. I get that after that long thrilling run he was really excited and could feel his wolf side for the first time, but I don't understand why the fact that he screws up trying to catch a prey and almost dies is given such weight. One would think he'd be scared off of becoming more "wolf-like" after something like that, but the opposite happens.
I guess I took it as
re-evaluating life after a life changing experience. In the same way, when Yuki goes feral and scratches... the boy, it's enough for her to realize the dangers of becoming a wolf and her destructive power.

You said yourself that
the movie depicts the family (which is for the most part in a human environment) in a small and restrained way, one which is very close to Hosoda's past projects and feels in line with his usual take on modern reality. Contrast that with what we see of nature and the "wolf" part of the dichotomy, which is more emotional, as you pointed out. In that context, I think it's fitting that Yuki settling into the human world isn't as played up as Ame's decision. The dramatic arc she undergoes at the school and with that other boy (I don't remember his name) is more subdued because it takes place in Hosoda's subdued human reality, while everything to do with Ame is more out-there.
It's not that I find city-fetish montages any more interesting (how many fucking times do I have to see a 360 camera shot of Times Square whenever a character goes to NYC for the first time in my life time? lol), but
I find it interesting that there doesn't seem to be any majesty at being human and embracing civilization. I suppose we get that through Hana, and how she finds a community with her neighbours after feeling shunned from living in the city.

Speaking of which, it IS kind of weird that no one asks her about Ame. Presumably they noticed his disappearance... maybe she just told them that he went to live with relatives or something. lol

Varion

Doki doki Precure - 05

Weakest episode so far, but it was okay I guess. Sword still isn't particularly likeable, maybe they'll change that next week but I'm not getting my hopes up. No henshin was a bit of a disappointment too, but oh well. I hope it's good, but I fear they used all the budget on Alice's already.

Also, this is the stuff of nightmares:
zgzQkyB.jpg

Shudder.

JJBA 21

tumblr_mj04eyLQN51qecd9qo1_500.png
tumblr_mj04eyLQN51qecd9qo5_500.png

Liked the color stuff employed helped keep the episode fairly enjoyable. Really wasnt expecting much action and such since last episode went all out and it would have been probably impossible for the episode right after it to deliver in the intense storytelling and action aspect. However this episode did come out dull at times, dont really understand why they arena change and all of that to delay events by a few hours. Best moment was easily Joseph's two moments in which he reaffirmed his promise to Caesar as well as when he put on his colors, that was just really fantastic, heartwarming, and touching.

It was kind of strange or perhaps it was rather fitting that a character with such a boring personality would end up having a really boring and dull Ripple attack. Lisa Lisa has continuously been a major disappointment. I can only somehow hope that all of this is just a huge bluff and that she is somehow super epic and on Josephs level in upcoming events...

CorvoSol

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 6

D-did the Shining Gundam just go Super Saiyan? Is that a thing? Did it just make up a sword out of like, pure hotblood? OH MY GOSH THAT IS SO COOOOOOOL.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Looks like the -secret base- is closing up shop

Anime News Network said:
All-Girl Band ZONE to Break Up in April

All-girl band ZONE will end their activities after a final concert on April 7 at Tokyo's Shibuya O-East in Shibuya. Member Maiko Sakae broke the news on the Runtime Music agency's website.

“I've decided to bring ZONE to an end with my own hands,” she said, “We have caused all of you a lot of worry and trouble.”

She also commented on member Miyu Nagase's trouble with the record label that led to her being released from her contract, saying, “It was an event that I myself didn't expect; my shock towards this is truly how I feel.”

Runtime Music Entertainment had terminated the contract of Miyu last month, citing "considerable misconduct as well as repeated work negligence" as its reasons for cancelling the contract. The company explained in an official statement that it "attempted to provide Miyu Nagase with guidance and persuade her to change, but there was no improvement in her actions."

ZONE debuted in 2001 with four members. The band became known for the song "secret base ~Kimi ga Kureta Mono~," and a cover was used as the ending theme to Fuji TV 's Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai. (anohana) anime (as sung by the anime's voice actresses). ZONE also performed in the opening theme "True Blue" and second ending "Tetsuwan Atom: ballad version" for the 2003 Astro Boy series, as well as "Shiroi Hana," the theme song for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. After the band broke up in 2005, Miyu continued her music career as a solo artist.

Maiko, Miyu, and former band member Tomoka Nishimura held a 10th anniversary reunion in 2011 and performed "secret base" at a charity concert in the anime's model city of Chichibu in Saitama. Tomoko left the band again in 2011 for medical reasons while Miyu and Maiko continued to release new songs as a duo. Their latest single, "treasure of the heart ~kimi to boku no kiseki~" in 2012, was the first to be released by the band in seven years.

dumbyugi

Uh oh. I watched the first episode of Gravitation dubbed. It's not a promising start.

The publisher hasn't uploaded the subbed version to their channel though, I'd have to buy the(rather expensive) DVD set. Bah.

Can someone who's watched the subbed version tell me if it's a lot better than this?

The dub is horrible, the sub is a million times better.

cajunator

Banned
Very good anime, Satou is someone I could relate to, and Misaki was cute.

Misaki is ADORABLE. But I feel so bad for her. She is so fucked up by her situation :(

I'm glad everyone is finally able to see Wolf Children now. It's seriously one of the best anime films I've ever seen on-par with the classics like Millenium Actress, Only Yesterday, Kiki's Delivery Service etc.

Ok this had better be fucking amazing because Millennium Actress is by far my favorite anime movie.

Futari wa Pretty Cure 4

Aw, I wish Mayu would join Pretty Cure. She was adorable. '

Nice job ruining that sculpture, Nagisa. Now a work of art from a long-gone era now looks like a chick scratching her ass. Again, good job. The art aficionados seemed fond of it, though. So...everybody wins, I guess?

Wish the fight scene took more advantage of the "paintings coming to life" thing. Other than that though, pretty good episode.

Yes, freckles should have been a Precure.

Futari wa Pretty Cure 5

What was with Pinard's surprised face when they were unleashing Marble Screw? "What are you going to do? Wait, they're unleashing the attack that they've already unleashed on me four times?! Impossible!" And what the hell was he thinking giving Mipple back to Honoka? How many times has he had victory right in his hands all to throw it away for his shitty ego? He would hardly be the first villain to act this way, but it never fails to make me go, "Dude, what the hell are you doing?!"

Nagisa and Honoka are super adorable together and I hope they can continue to carry this show on their backs.

Nagisa and Honoka definitely carry the show. They are both well developed characters although the show later focuses more heavily on Nagisa. I guess because Honoka was already perfect and didnt need as much development.

I did appreciate the ending because of what you said. Took some balls to end it that way.

Steroyd

Oreshura - 09

Pinky, I don't know why you went to great lengths to do that, now you're in the same Kanna zone as Chihuahua.

jbug617

Banned
Anybody go to the Asian grocery store and buy random candy? My favs right now are the Fanta one and some candy advertised by AKB48

Doki Doki Precure 01
Now that the 5th episode has aired i guess it's time for me to finally start watching this show properly.

I had a difficult time to finish this show because i could accept the main heroine .. one of the aspect of the precure leader is that you can't start from the top .. Cure dream for example underwent a lenghty set of trials before she even manage to do something properly and even then she had many steps back during her journey to finish at the level she was near the end.
Even Cure happy , even if she was the driving for in her group didn't feel like an ovni ..she was human. Cure melody also had plenty of fights with her friends before staying true to her desires ..and don't get me started on cure blossom That started as the weakest precure ever starring an insecure girl.

why do i talk about them , that's because mina , aka cure heart is a total opposite. she is "dependable", maybe but god damn she is perfect.in just episode 1 she cleared several millestones that other protagonists took episodes or even arcs to accomplish in other series starting with the impressive feat of lecturing the monster of the week.
DokiDokiPrecure_01.jpg

i'm laughing here.

No seriously this is golden.
The only one who managed this feat was erika in heartcatch and she did it in a goofy episode and after plenty of episodes and experience with them (the monsters).

Gentlemen, the bar has been raised.

This character is broken ... i don't even want to imagine a rejection from her because she is friendship incarnate , a total saint. i feel like several steps were missed during the introduction. They better give me an impressive flashback to explain this because otherwise i won't be able to contain my disapointed attitude ATM.

Doki doki also seems to have run out of ideas for the monsters .. I admit that after so many season it's hard to get créative , but selfishness ? really ? I could get taken out from thinking of cutting in line ? Seriously the bad guys better have wiped the floor of the "kingdom" they are talking in the episode because they will have an endless supply of monsters on earth if that's the case.

It's too soon for me to judge the other cures , but the oujo-sama is already out of this world ..good point for not abusing your authority to cut in line , bad point for being so cut of the world that you walk with your butler next to you .. Anyway i guess i should watch episode 2 .

Ending song is nice ..good point there. Not a fan of the opening.

zeroshiki

Wolf Children

Speaking of Yuki and Ame, I really loved how the film showed them
choosing different paths in their lives. The time skip montage at school was a perfect summary of how each character deals with being in the human world. The pan to Ame's empty seat at the end of that sequence was just marvelous.

I thought this was the point of the whole movie. Its about growing up and choosing your own path in life. I actually thought they hinted at them taking different paths quite heavily during the start of the movie.

I'm glad you mentioned the classroom montage. I thought that was a beautiful way of showing how time passed and depicted just how separate the two had become.

I don't think there's any doubt that this is Hosoda's strongest work yet.

One Piece story has enough juice left for another decade of OP anime lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought this was the point of the whole movie. Its about growing up and choosing your own path in life. I actually thought they hinted at them taking different paths quite heavily during the start of the movie.

I'm glad you mentioned the classroom montage. I thought that was a beautiful way of showing how time passed and depicted just how separate the two had become.

I don't think there's any doubt that this is Hosoda's strongest work yet.

Naw, it's also about Hana being
:firehawk
too!

DOKI DOKI PRECURE 02
I'm regretting my days of waiting for this ..

Episode 2 was a very nice follow-up

- The heroine is a good fighter already ... given how she was as a human i'm not even remotely surprised .. She has such a good heart that she unlock her finish move just like that.
-I'm not bothered by the heroine being so broken .. because she wasn't as much in this episode .. this episode showed lots of good frienship scenes and i'm very glad they go for this route ..

The episode felt very "precure". It had a little goofyness and it made sure to show the characters in a certain way.

Now the "best friend" character ... :

DokiDokiPrecure_02.jpg

i wouldn't believe it either.

She grew on me very fast .. the fact that she didn't get her transformation this episode and that they focused on the duo relationships is a "plus" . I'm pleased

The ending Theme is now stuck in my head .. but i still don't like the opening much.

Now for the transformation scene , i guess it's time for the "buy our toys" reaction. The transformation was "ok" but not great.
I do however enjoy cure love design .

Shergal

From the New World 22

This show has fallen into the pitfalls of inconsistence again, I can only hope it recovers for the last two eps and we're offered a finale worthy of the great highs we've had throughout its run.
Suddenly, ancient bio-weapon that's "somewhere" out there. Isn't that just too convenient? I can't say I like what they did with the plot this time.
But besides that, the animation is as scarce as ever, and the direction was mediocre.

Was I the only one that too many parts of this episode were too dark, to the point it was bothersome to make up what was in the screen at times? I thought it was kind of strange because episode 19 handled dark spaces perfectly, I don't know what happened here.

Also, oh! Was that
Shun's voice in the preview
?

From the New World 22

Well that was adventurous, like some of the information on the locations selected and the brief history given. But surely it could have been more creative than
Anthrax...That said, I didnt understand why there were ice sheets in the sea of future Tokyo, isnt Tokyo rather far north for that, especially if its that warm desert right there?

The anime keeps making virtually characters suspicious.
Kiromaru must have an alternative plan, though the bio weapon being bad against cantus users, how could they use psycho busters without affecting themselves, seems they are walking into their own grave just to stop this fiend and possible the other stolen babies

Preview: Hyped if that is
Shun and his voice and possible triumphant return

Dresden

From the New World 22

This show has fallen into the pitfalls of inconsistence again, I can only hope it recovers for the last two eps and we're offered a finale worthy of the great highs we've had throughout its run.
Suddenly, ancient bio-weapon that's "somewhere" out there. Isn't that just too convenient? I can't say I like what they did with the plot this time.
But besides that, the animation is as scarce as ever, and the direction was mediocre.

Was I the only one that too many parts of this episode were too dark, to the point it was bothersome to make up what was in the screen at times? I thought it was kind of strange because episode 19 handled dark spaces perfectly, I don't know what happened here.

Also, oh! Was that
?

Yeah,
sounded like Shun, although with how misleading SSY previews usually are it's probably another dream/vision Saki has.

Wasn't happy with the direction the story took, either:
both the macguffin hunt and the contrivance of Yakomaru showing up with such scant escort to set up the climax.

With so little time left in the show, I just don't know.

Branduil

From the New World 22

Also, oh! Was that
?

I have a feeling that
the psychobuster is just a red herring.

Cwarrior

Rurouni Kenshin -34

Kenshin is inhuman,
dude jumps off a cliff grab some girl then jumps right back up without breaking both his legs off from the impact

I always knew kenshin was an immortal vampire, he looks like a teen(around 15) but he also looks exactly the same in the meji era which was over 11+ years ago while everyone around him has aged time has stood still for him.

Dude ages like sakurai.

Toriko 40

century soooup eheh :)

Articalys

AKB0048 Next Stage 9

There is no fucking way that they didn't write these lines without the current Minami Minegishi's situation in mind. If so, it's the biggest goddamn coincidence ever. "I was always worried she'd fall for the wrong kind of guy"? "Looks like I'm starting over as a understudy"? Oh come ON.

Anyway, the episode itself was alright, with a pretty cool ending. Looking forward to how they're going to keep setting up the finale.

Can't wait for not-Kawamori to see all his plans go up in flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom